Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

I Want To Buy Rhdrive 2010 Toyota Mark X, Will I Regret Converting It? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Buy Rhdrive 2010 Toyota Mark X, Will I Regret Converting It? (2615 Views)

Let's Compare 2005 Lexus ES 330 And 2010 Toyota Corolla / How Much Will I Use To Clear A 1996 S420 / Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy Rhdrive 2010 Toyota Mark X, Will I Regret Converting It? by godwinkessi: 9:17am On Sep 02, 2015
Pls my brothers, I want buy 2010 Toyota Mark X(used) from Dubai! The car hardly come with Left Hand Drive and I was told it can be changed to Left hand drive, the car is 4WD, will I have any regret later for this? I love this car and it's just the only one I need. Pls can anyone just help me pls I'm confused

Re: I Want To Buy Rhdrive 2010 Toyota Mark X, Will I Regret Converting It? by majalisa(m): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
godwinkessi:
Pls my brothers, I want buy 2010 Toyota Mark X(used) from Dubai! The car hardly come with Left Hand Drive and I was told it can be changed to Left hand drive, the car is 4WD, will I have any regret later for this? I love this car and it's just the only one I need. Pls can anyone just help me pls I'm confused
pls draw siena's attention to this thread,he and his likes would be of tremendous help
Re: I Want To Buy Rhdrive 2010 Toyota Mark X, Will I Regret Converting It? by godwinkessi: 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
Cc sienna
Pls all the car gurus on board help me out
Re: I Want To Buy Rhdrive 2010 Toyota Mark X, Will I Regret Converting It? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
My take on this:

RHD to LHD swaps are great when done CORRECTLY. Some vehicles are good candidates for this swap, others less so.

From the thread starter's write-up, this car falls into the category of a not-so-good car to convert, as LHD models are rare. Where will the LHD parts be sourced from? Many of the rare items are likely to be unique to this model, meaning parts from other models are UNLIKELY to fit.

I would look at other vehicles instead.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy Rhdrive 2010 Toyota Mark X, Will I Regret Converting It? by kingreign(m): 3:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
godwinkessi:
No even think am.
QED
Re: I Want To Buy Rhdrive 2010 Toyota Mark X, Will I Regret Converting It? by cardoctor(m): 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
You will most likely have plenty of headaches with it and eventually end up with a serious migraine.

Aside from that, most conversion parts for this type of Toyota is not available here as this model of Toyota was built solely for the Asian market.

Car-doctor.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Rhdrive 2010 Toyota Mark X, Will I Regret Converting It? by erico2k2(m): 5:55pm On Sep 03, 2015
godwinkessi:
You will regret it.STOP now.this car would t be done proper. 2 many things has left and right on this one.
Re: I Want To Buy Rhdrive 2010 Toyota Mark X, Will I Regret Converting It? by rextronics(m): 6:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
I am aware that this car is the equivalent of camry but with a rear or all wheel drive or the almost the same as the lexus IS (the reason it isnt sold in America I think). The dashboard is unique but if you can find a way around that, i think the rest will be easier. My take.
Re: I Want To Buy Rhdrive 2010 Toyota Mark X, Will I Regret Converting It? by Sanchase: 6:37am On Jan 19, 2016
If you really love it buy d car register it in naija. Do not convert and drive like that.
Anybody who stops you sort it out with d person.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Rhdrive 2010 Toyota Mark X, Will I Regret Converting It? by erico2k2(m): 5:55pm On Jan 19, 2016
godwinkessi:
A big NO,no parts available.

(1) (Reply)

My Car Just Crossed The 66666th Kilometer / Can I Put A Remote key On A Car That Didn't Come With One / Observation And Criticisms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.