Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market (17748 Views)

Exploring Opportunities In The Northern LPG (cooking Gas) Market / Dangote: Even If FG Wants To Sell NLNG On Credit, I Am Not Interested / Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by iwaeda: 10:34am On Sep 02, 2015
Nigeria’s tough economic realities caused by the continuous fall in global crude oil prices may worsen as the country’s other source of revenue, gas, is currently being threatened at the international market, the Nigeria Liquified and Natural Gas company has warned.

The NLNG also noted that the fall in global oil prices would continue till the end of 2015, adding that it might worsen in the coming year.

The firm, in a communique that was made available to our correspondent in Abuja, expressed worry over the impact which the fall in crude prices was having on its revenue, stressing that the entry of the United States and Australia into the LNG market was “a real cause for concern.”

The communique which summarised the third NLNG commercial division external stakeholders forum that was held in Abuja, noted that although these challenges were being managed, the regulatory environment had shown increasing uncertainties.

The firm said, “The recent fall in crude oil prices from above $100/bbl ($100 per barrel) in early 2014 to below $60/bbl in early 2015 and its impact on global LNG/gas prices as well as the demand/supply positions in both our primary and secondary markets in the Atlantic and Pacific Basins have had a significant impact on our revenues and profitability.

“The trend which will persist till the end of 2015 and which may even worsen going into 2016 with the entry of US and Australian LNG volumes into the market is a real cause for worry.”

Nigeria has one of the largest gas reserves in the world and is the second largest supplier of LPG globally, supplying four million tons of the product per annum. In Nigeria, LPG is primarily used as cooking gas.

Although NLNG is the primary source of LPG in Nigeria, a bulk of supply into the country is being imported.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nlng-panics-as-us-australia-enter-gas-market/

1 Like

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by Yeske2(m): 10:41am On Sep 02, 2015
Nigeria and other oil producing countries were warned years back to save for this scenerio, madam Okonjo was busy telling us we needed not fret as China and India will still buy our oil and gas.
GEJ made sure he depleted our reserves instead of saving and here we are.
God save us all

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 02, 2015
That's impossible... USA and Australia won't dare it. Haven't they heard buhari's body language?

Of course anotheR APC robot above me, always blaming GEJ....

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by cocoduck: 11:06am On Sep 02, 2015
very good news

3 Likes

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by ApexTitan(m): 11:14am On Sep 02, 2015
OldJohn:
That's impossible... USA and Australia won't dare it. Haven't they heard buhari's body language?

Y'all killing me with this body language ish. grin grin grin

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 02, 2015
There is dark clouds on the horizon, how can we continue to depend on Oil and gas for survival.

I still have hope thhat buhari will stabilise the price of GAS.

16 Likes

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by basilo101: 11:18am On Sep 02, 2015
Good News

2 Likes

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by Yeske2(m): 11:31am On Sep 02, 2015
OldJohn:

8 Likes

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by 2sex(m): 11:52am On Sep 02, 2015
lalasticlala, Ishilove please front page o.
Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by atlwireles: 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
[s]
Yeske2:
Nigeria and other oil producing countries were warned years back to save for this scenerio, madam Okonjo was busy telling us we needed not fret as China and India will still buy our oil and gas.
God save us all
[/s]

rubbish

21 Likes

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by Tonniey(m): 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ok
Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by Emmafrancis: 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
This government now have the perfect excuse not to fulfill any of their promises.

USA and Australia coming to the market with massive gas, Iran will bury Nigeria economy if they are finally allowed to export oil. For over 50yrs this country exploited Niger Delta without mercy.
Am only feeling sorry for that parasitic region that have grown so lazy becos of free Niger delta oil money.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by xertyy: 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
hm

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
Great...at least States would no longer rely on income from NLNG to pay salaries grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by Ugomba(m): 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.where is lie mohammed?

4 Likes

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by tohpahz(f): 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
grin
Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by ladyF(f): 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
And they are delaying projects that will increase market share for Nigeria, Brass and OKLNG how market na? cry

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by Dollyak(f): 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
Nice. Anything that reduces our dependency on oil and gas is welcome change in my book. Time to start investing in education, science and agriculture just like everyone else. May the best country win

12 Likes

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by ichidodo: 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
At least we will have cheaper electricity.... to process our farm produce.

1 Like

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by philfrey08: 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
Wailerinho.. keep wailing o... when your throat is dry, i will come take my shift....
lincolnj88:
grin grin grin grin grin bubu body odour will handle dat...
Na small thing...
Him body language will push America ans Australia back to the cave... So I nor dey fear but I dey wail for people wen put hope for bubi
grin grin grin
are we wailing woo woo or waa waa
Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by lincolnj88: 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin bubu body odour will handle dat...
Na small thing...
Him body language will push America ans Australia back to the cave... So I nor dey fear but I dey wail for people wen put hope for bubi
grin grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by ceejayluv(m): 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
Yeske2:
God save us all
you're getting it twisted... NOI shouted out for the state and fed govt to save via the SWF but "dickhead" amaechi and co thwarted the plan.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by loomer: 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
Una neva see anything

4 Likes

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by sylve11: 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
reality sets in cool
Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by veraponpo(m): 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
No cause for alarm:

We will soon diversify our economy into solid minerals and agriculture.

In God we trust; in Buhari we believe.

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by muhammed10: 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ok
Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by Starships4u(m): 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
GAS is a waste product of crude.... Soo we shouldn't panic.... We are capable but the useless governments refused to diversify our economy

1 Like

Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by daikale: 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
why are they panicking?
Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by adjoviomole(m): 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
We nEed to criosly pray for our country. Meanwhile ponder on this.

PDP was created as a coalition to wrest power from the military, the APC was a merger of several interest groups set up to wrest power from the PDP.........................notE thiS and ponder on it.
Re: NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market by eagleeye2: 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
Yeske2:
God save us all
Sir,
Blame it on Jonathan, if that will help you.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Heard About Qunqun? Learn How To Make Money / Nigerian Banks Stop ATM Cash Withdrawal Abroad / The Richest Men In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.