Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Why African Women Must Go Natural - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why African Women Must Go Natural (33389 Views)

Igbologun, Island Where Pregnant Women Must Not Go Into Labour At Midnight / Gorgeous Big Booty East African Women / Why Are African Women Jealous Of Interracial Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by anonymous6(f): 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
Moana:
you failed to answer the question. how long does she take to do that? what does she do to her hair before sleeping?

FYI i will not stop putting in hair extensions because it takes me 3mins to straighten the hair before lectures and all i have to do before bed is tie it up in a bun and go to sleep. i have fine hair that breaks like no man's business in winter. i will not move around with hair that i know is hard to maintain because someone somewhere thinks its degrading and shameful. Maybe your wife has the time and energy some of dont have to spend hours on her hair before going out of the house all in the bid of pleasing her husband.
I content with my extensions that take lesser time to maintain. If it gives you sleepless nights all well thats your problem and i will not lose an eye because of it.

While you are still forming undiluted African kindly ask your wife to stop shaving and using tampons on her periods, because this was influenced by white people. Black people never shaved. Thank you smiley

LMAO
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Savigne(f): 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
I agree with the Op to an extent.Hair like mine needs relaxer to behave,after series of braids I've been on my natural hair for a month now and I must say I'm loving it but when I get tired I'll still braid or use a weave. For me,inferiority complex has got nothing to do with it.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 02, 2015
I slept thrice while reading yur article.its too long
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
Senseless article.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
Dude am not reading all that!

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by golddeejay(m): 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
I love dis piece that I saved it immediately. There is no beauty like that of african queen, but most of our ladies are looking more like a black doll truly. I like the example of agbani, she was a true definition of afrcan beauty when she won that peagent but fastforward to few months...she has lost her identity. She can no longer be referred to an africa queen but a black doll

2 Likes

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by goodgate: 7:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
Flashh:

You didn't remember to take down your profile pic before telling us this lies.

Please tell us that's your natural hair.

Nigerian girls are fond of lying. undecided
BURSTED!!!!! Guy you just MURDERED a LYING Fellow.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
Smh

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by DarryOsh(m): 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
b0y:
Whoever painstakingly took the time to read this article from beginning to the end needs to get married laid ASAP

I read every single word. Read! It's good for your mind.

Besides, the writer writes well. I enjoyed the article. I do not necessarily agree with the writer on all issues raised though.

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
Choice, I'll always relax my hair when it's due and fix anything I want to on my hair.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by romzyxy(m): 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
“We should be proud of our culture, stick with it, and show it off to the world,” she said, stoned face. I had to touch my television set to assure myself, I was not dreaming.

Dix got me laughing

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by dazzlingd(m): 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
raayah:

Me too! I carried thick natural hair when i was younger. I would break hairstylists comb, in short some people refused to do my hair. I tried maintaining my own natural hair when i became older. It was just too hard.

I love natural hair but do relaxed hair and weaves are not bad either. Whatever works for you.
you must have had a lovely natural hair
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by spinna: 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by raayah(f): 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
dazzlingd:

you must have had a lovely natural hair

it was ok just too hard
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Obaf16(f): 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
preciousMI1:
I'm not guilty of this....

I'm on dreadlocks and its my natural hair
I like ur hair. Dat reminds me,do u uploaded dis pix because of dis topic? Precious no lie o
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by petkoffDrake(m): 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2015
anonymous6:

I'm absolutely with you on that, I never used a weave and don't care for it but I use relaxer as well since I was a teenager, as far as I am concerned it is still my hair and it has grown medium to long length over the years. Me using relaxer was for necessity as well not cause of inferiority complex

When it comes to weave it is global now and has reached the African continent due to the media but it is not extreme level yet cause there are millions of African women that don't use it at all, many still braid their hair(with their own hair or weave attachments).

When it comes to relaxer well that one is not going any where, any where there's a large black population there will be relaxer there
pics of ur natural hair or........ u know Naa smiley
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by petkoffDrake(m): 8:31pm On Sep 02, 2015
shizzy7:
Dark and proud Made of Black Its all about black Strictly African.. Unapologetically Dark Undoubtedly Dark
Allergic to Bleaching
ur one if those in ur dp??
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Obaf16(f): 8:31pm On Sep 02, 2015
Teempakguy:
Senseless article.
God bless u,i taught i was d only one.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by petkoffDrake(m): 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
Savigne:
I agree with the Op to an extent.Hair like mine needs relaxer to behave,after series of braids I've been on my natural hair for a month now and I must say I'm loving it but when I get tired I'll still braid or use a weave. For me,inferiority complex has got nothing to do with it.
u look much like my cousin AKUDO
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by kandiikane(m): 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
I have been going bald since 08 and only started growing my hair over 2years ago natural but I think you guys should please just lay off this bullshyt already. Just because you suddenly found out that your hair can actually grow and look good does not mean you should try and force it down people's throats and try to make them feel bad for wearing their hair straight or with weave. People should be allowed to do whatever the hell they want, it's their lives and their choices. Manage your own hair and leave others to do whatever the hell they want with theirs. Bloody hair nazis!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by preciousMI1(f): 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
Obaf16:
I like ur hair. Dat reminds me,do u uploaded dis pix because of dis topic? Precious no lie o

kinda... the hair is actually like 2 years plus...
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by mifavour(f): 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
Flashh:

You didn't remember to take down your profile pic before telling us this lies.

Please tell us that's your natural hair.

Nigerian girls are fond of lying. undecided

she's my sister...I mean same blood and she's not lying. she's been on her natural hair for like 2 years now. Don't say what u don't know!!!

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Missbizy(f): 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
Soooooo long shocked
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by mifavour(f): 8:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
agrovick:

Stop lying jor, if at all you are all on dreads, you must have recently switched to it. Check your profile for proof

why would you call someone u don't know a liar? ?? you nlers just have a way of saying nonsense! precious is my sister(same blood) and has been on her natural hair for like 2 years now. be talking carelessly
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
White ladies fix their hair too so what are we going to call that one?

I have very full hair that breaks comb but aside that... If I fix my hair, how that take be inferiority complex? Men that use toothbrush, why are you not using chewing stick... Since you're a proud African undecided

I'm proud to be an African but I fix short hair actually because of school or I carry my hair. ND I make up too, but for the past few days I have been natural. Sooo whatever rocks your boat.

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Savigne(f): 9:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
petkoffDrake:
u look much like my cousin AKUDO
Oooook....I'll take that as a compliment.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
dancok:
So long a letter.

Read the book?

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fabrepass(m): 9:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
Those of you complaining that the article is too long, so you don't read books? Magazines or Newspapers??
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Stillfire: 9:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
Moana:
you failed to answer the question. how long does she take to do that? what does she do to her hair before sleeping?
FYI i will not stop putting in hair extensions because it takes me 3mins to straighten the hair before lectures and all i have to do before bed is tie it up in a bun and go to sleep. i have fine hair that breaks like no man's business in winter. i will not move around with hair that i know is hard to maintain because someone somewhere thinks its degrading and shameful to put on extensions.
Maybe your wife has the time and energy some of us don't have to spend hours on her hair before going out of the house all in the bid of pleasing her husband. I content with my extensions that take lesser time to maintain. If it gives you sleepless nights oh well thats your problem and i will not lose an eye because of it.
While you are still forming undiluted African kindly ask your wife to stop shaving and using tampons on her periods, because this was influenced by white people. Black people never shaved. Thank you smiley

Lol, I laughed out loud when he said just use 'shampoo and coconut oil'.
Natural hair is time consuming. let us not deceive ourselves. I know, because I have natural hair since 2008. From time to time I wear a wig, weave, braids because I like them all. I like the fact I can change my looks. Afro, wigs, weaves, braids, bring them on. Whenever I'm on my Afro, know that that week or month I don't have to wake up in the morning and dash out to work.
Hair day for naturalistas is more like hair weekend, lol.

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fabrepass(m): 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
Teempakguy:
Senseless article.
senseless comment!
l doubt if you read the article at all.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Flashh: 9:23pm On Sep 02, 2015
mifavour:

she's my sister...I mean same blood and she's not lying. she's been on her natural hair for like 2 years now. Don't say what u don't know!!!
I posted that based on the picture she used on her DP... But seems she had changed it to her recent hair which is natural, that's nice!

Tell your sister when ever she want to post such, she must have something as a prove before people start misqouting her based on what they saw which is otherwise to her comment.

BTW... Your elder sister or younger?

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fabrepass(m): 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
Dude am not reading all that!

we read to expand our mental horizon and if you can't read all that, it means you've never read anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saliu Adetunji Is The New Olubadan Of Ibadan / Samuel Adegbola: Supreme Court Dethrones First-Class Oyo Monarch, Eleruwa / Photos From Pre-Wedding Dinner Of Ahmed Sanusi And His Beautiful Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.