Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,704 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Why African Women Must Go Natural - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why African Women Must Go Natural (33382 Views)

Igbologun, Island Where Pregnant Women Must Not Go Into Labour At Midnight / Gorgeous Big Booty East African Women / Why Are African Women Jealous Of Interracial Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fabrepass(m): 9:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
General3620:
I slept thrice while reading yur article.its too long

you must be a lazy student
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2015
Fabrepass:

senseless comment!

l doubt if you read the article at all.
isn't it ironic that you're quoting me with a very non-african method of transferring messages?
Why even bother use a phone?
Why even bother use cars or in short every single thing that is both unnatural and inafrican.

I hate these hypocritical behaviours. They colonized us. There is no going back from that. The intent is not to go back to the same vulnerable position we were when they conquered us, but to use them as a boost to power.

I'm short, I am not in support of African women going natural. Because it's utterly ridiculous and physically painful.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Moana(f): 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
Stillfire:

Lol, I laughed out loud when he said just use 'shampoo and coconut oil'.
Natural hair is time consuming. let us not deceive ourselves. I know, because I have natural hair since 2008. From time to time I wear a wig, weave, braids because I like them all. I like the fact I can change my looks. Afro, wigs, weaves, braids, bring them on. Whenever I'm on my Afro, know that that week or month I don't have to wake up in the morning and dash out to work.
Hair day for naturalistas is more like hair weekend, lol.

I try to do a little bit of everything too but when it comes to weaves i normally put on straight hair. i have always wanted to try kinky and wavy curl hair extensions but im so scared they will need more attention. How have you handled that?
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fabrepass(m): 9:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
odinese:
What's dis long bullshit?
bullshit comment. Are you this lazy?
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by hahn(m): 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
Teempakguy:
isn't it ironic that you're quoting me with a very non-african method of transferring messages?
Why even bother use cars or in short every single thing that is both unnatural and inafrican.

I hate these hypocritical behaviours. They colonized us. There is no going back from that. The intent is not to go back to the same vulnerable position we were when they conquered us, but to use them as a boost to power.

I'm short, I am not in support of African women going natural. Because it's utterly ridiculous and physically painful.

I just tire for all these people. They act like they don't import toothpicks tongue
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
Fabrepass:

you must be a lazy student
not at all
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fabrepass(m): 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
Teempakguy:

science and technology are universal properties. Africans were scientific and l doubt if you truely know Africa's history. Going natural is utterly ridiculous and physically painfull?? Please listen to yourself because l do not want to mistake you for someone who is high on drugs.

And your suggestion is that we should continue being pathetic imitators of others when we have a lot to develop in our style??

2 Likes

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
Blossom023:

Read the book?
yeah,am a graduate of english and literary studies.

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
hahn:

I just tire for all these people. They act like they don't import toothpicks tongue
you know, when I saw the pictures under the article, I burst out in laughter. cheesy grin grin grin

Because afro IS NOT an African hairstyle AT ALL.

The earliest records of afro hairstyles date back to the periods of SLAVERY when the ancient american slaves tried to imitiate their white environment but ended up that hairstyle instead.

Below are pictures of ACTUAL African hairstyles. undecided

So, yeah! Any African woman who wants to go natural African should go ahead!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2015
Fabrepass:

science and technology are universal properties. Africans were scientific and l doubt if you truely know Africa's history. Going natural is utterly ridiculous and physically painfull?? Please listen to yourself because l do not want to mistake you for someone who is high on drugs.
what is this one saying?
Hairstyle is also universal, undecided
Asians, Caucasians, also hair attachments. They also dye their hair. They also use relaxers and curlers.
They also wear afro wigs. undecided
Meanwhile, afro is actually the hairstyle most influenced by white culture. So, it doesn't count and it being in the post above shows the op doesn't even know what he is talking about.

True African hairstyles are ridiculous. Not to mention unnecessarily flamboyant and painful to make.

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
Fabrepass:

we read to expand our mental horizon and if you can't read all that, it means you've never read anything.
Still not reading all that
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fabrepass(m): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
Teempakguy:
what is this one saying?
Hairstyle is also universal, undecided
Asians, Caucasians, also hair attachments. They also dye their hair. They also use relaxers and curlers.
They also wear afro wigs. undecided
Meanwhile, afro is actually the hairstyle most influenced by white culture. So, it doesn't count and it being in the post above shows the op doesn't even know what he is talking about.

True African hairstyles are ridiculous. Not to mention unnecessarily flamboyant and painful to make.

your suggestion is that Africans should go artificial and continue being pathetic immitators of others when we have a lot to develop??

l know what am saying because you mentioned the use of cars and phones. Maybe you also want All Africans to bleach off their natural black skins and turn white??

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by hahn(m): 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
Teempakguy:
you know, when I saw the pictures under the article, I burst out in laughter. cheesy grin grin grin

Because afro IS NOT an African hairstyle AT ALL.

The earliest records of afro hairstyles date back to the periods of SLAVERY when the ancient american slaves tried to imitiate their white environment but ended up that hairstyle instead.

Below are pictures of ACTUAL African hairstyles. undecided

So, yeah! Any African woman who wants to go natural African should go ahead!

Lol. And they should stick to adire because even hollandis and ankara aren't produced in Africa

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
Fabrepass:

your suggestion is that Africans should go artificial and continue being pathetic immitators of others when because we have a lot to develop??

yes.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by odinese(m): 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
Fabrepass:

bullshit comment. Are you this lazy?

U don't say?
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fabrepass(m): 10:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
Teempakguy:
yes.
ok.... Now l know you're a pathetic slave!
l rest my case with you.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by hahn(m): 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
Fabrepass:

l rest my case with you.

Lol. Guy, there's no need to get all emotional. It is what it is

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
Fabrepass:

l rest my case with you.
and you, who is a master, keep to your kingdom. undecided

I tend not to deal with paranoid conspiracy theorists.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by agrovick(m): 10:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
mifavour:

why would you call someone u don't know a liar? ?? you nlers just have a way of saying nonsense! precious is my sister(same blood) and has been on her natural hair for like 2 years now. be talking carelessly
Hi dear, how was your day and I hope you are fine? You should have discerned I was teasing her. It's good you defended your sister though but next time ensure you see things from other pples point of view b4 you put in your own input. Cheers
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fabrepass(m): 10:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
hahn:

Lol. Guy, there's no need to get all emotional. It is what it is

hahahaha l'm far from being emotional and l do not engage his type in discussions because his comments speak volume.... He called himself a slave.. Hehehe
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by b0y(m): 10:31pm On Sep 02, 2015
DarryOsh:

I read every single word. Read! It's good for your mind.

Besides, the writer writes well. I enjoyed the article. I do not necessarily agree with the writer on all issues raised though.

In summary please?
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Deehvahrzz(f): 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
At the end of the day, this post is almost guilty of the same thing the slave drivers who owe us an apology are guilty of. Guilt tripping us to loosing our self esteem.
Reading this makes me feel so bad for copying the white woman's style. And retouching and fixing weaves doesn't necessarily make you look terrible. Everything depends on moderation. And while we all are on the course of making the world a better place let's all remember to Live and let live.
If natural rocks your boat and you can take good care of it without looking like what the cat dragged in, then rock away.
If weaves makes you look hot like a smoking gun on a cold evening, without looking like an abandoned bird nest, then Rock it.
However way you feel comfortable, don't let nobody make you do but your self. You are beautiful however you choose. Weaves doesn't make you less of who you are or where you r coming from, and being natural doesn't automatically ground you to be a better African. Be beautiful in spite of what you choose...

2 Likes

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
dancok:
yeah,am a graduate of english and literary studies.

Correct boy.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fabrepass(m): 10:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
Teempakguy:
and you, who is a master, keep to your kingdom. undecided

I tend not to deal with paranoid conspiracy theorists.

good night Mr slave.
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by JuicyGee(f): 11:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
Op, u've still not answer the question, do u use tooth brush or chewing stick.. If u use toothbrush, u must be a hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by kpaofame: 12:40am On Sep 03, 2015
No need to read this long epistle....

i like natural dames....
who is beautiful is beautiful

"catchy" makeup disgust me.....
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by mignone(f): 12:41am On Sep 03, 2015
Moana:
i do not think that this whole hair thing really has anything to do with self-hate. how long will it take you to wash, blow dry and style an afro and how long will it take to wash, style and blow dry processed hair ( or hair extensions ) before work or before you go out any where really?
when there's a will, dia's always a way sis. U simply like wat u wear
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by mignone(f): 12:48am On Sep 03, 2015
preciousMI1:
I'm not guilty of this....
I'm on dreadlocks and its my natural hair
soo beautiful sis. u're a striking natural beauty

2 Likes

Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by seanjy4konji: 4:21am On Sep 03, 2015
i swear...natural na the best including Irun Obo. grin
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by marriedvirgin: 5:57am On Sep 03, 2015
hmmm there is a better way of sending across your message to her without sounding the way you sound.I wonder what award you want to win !!

OdenigboAroli:

You lack the ability to reason properly....First off,I want you to admit that you are wearing a fake white woman's hair. Get that in your head and we can move to what is wrong with your hair. And that trash about hair breaking comb is not smart....Tell that to the birds because I have dated black women who are natural and guess what,they don't have problem with combing their hair. Insecurity is a psychological problem....hehe
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fabrepass(m): 6:25am On Sep 03, 2015
JuicyGee:
Op, u've still not answer the question, do u use tooth brush or chewing stick.. If u use toothbrush, u must be a hypocrite.

I don't use tooth brush. I use chewing stick. I have seen most people going back to it. undecided
Re: Why African Women Must Go Natural by Fabrepass(m): 6:42am On Sep 03, 2015
#Bring back our Hair#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saliu Adetunji Is The New Olubadan Of Ibadan / Samuel Adegbola: Supreme Court Dethrones First-Class Oyo Monarch, Eleruwa / Photos From Pre-Wedding Dinner Of Ahmed Sanusi And His Beautiful Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.