Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,442 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? (40955 Views)

A Nairalander And His Girlfriend Win Lumia Phones From Nokia (Photos) / What Intelligent People Do With Their Phones / Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
Again, this should be simple. Every time I look around I see people(most time old people sha) holding Lumia phones and I use to wonder what exactly are they thinking. For me I think Lumia phones are just for people that are not too interested in technology. They just want to make and receive calls but also don't want to use Nokia torch cos maybe it makes them appear small so they chose to go the Lumia way.
Do you own a Lumia phone or know anybody that does? How true is my assumption?

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
cheesy responded with a Lumia Windows phone and I also love my Nokia torchlight for its long battery life

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
Different strokes for different folks. Some are cherishing lumia phones while some are downgrading it. The white men have succeeded in colonizing Africa in modern technology sha.

7 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by martineverest(m): 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
Dey play ludo and grind pepper with it.,rubbish question.windows have up to 500k apps,blackberry have 250k apps and u didnt ask about what ppl do with bb.

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by martineverest(m): 1:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
U shud av also ask what ppl do with microsoft 'surface pro 3' tablet(a tablet dats is overtaking ipads and macbook in america'

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by martineverest(m): 1:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
U shud av also ask what ppl do with microsoft 'surface pro 3' tablet(a tablet dats is overtaking ipads and macbook in america)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 2:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
martineverest:
Dey play ludo with it.,rubbish question.windows have up to 500k apps,blackberry have 250k apps and u didnt ask about what ppl do with bb.
lol...well I didn't mention BlackBerry cos I don't really have their time. That one is long gone.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Godfullsam(m): 2:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
I don't blame the OP. He neva use lumia phone before, dats why he is asking what people do with lumia phones.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by gidjah(m): 2:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
Using my lumia phone and enjoy it really bad.u never know enough of speed ,ruggedness and reliability until you come across mr LUMIA .

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
Op is hooked on android....

17 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Craven: 3:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
donhils:
Again, this should be simple. Every time I look around I see people(most time old people sha) holding Lumia phones and I use to wonder what exactly are they thinking. For me I think Lumia phones are just for people that are not too interested in technology. They just want to make and receive calls but also don't want to use Nokia torch cos maybe it makes them appear small so they chose to go the Lumia way.
Do you own a Lumia phone or know anybody that does? How true is my assumption?

Your assumption that people purchase Lumia devices just to make and receive calls is very wrong and based on the fact that you know nothing about the devices.

Lumia devices are known for their durability, great camera, and remarkable battery life. The app store doesn't have as many apps as Android or iOS stores, but the basic apps are available. The UI is sleek and sophisticated, although not completely customizable.

Lumia devices have their drawbacks, but they are very good devices nonetheless and offer value for your money. Besides, Microsoft promises a new Windows 10 Mobile update that promises a better experience.

So before you judge a device based on wrong assumptions, try to research about it first.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
The fact is, you have already closed your mind to lumia and windows phone. But whether you like it or not, lumia is growning, and more people are buying it. I don't know where you see your own but around here, the most people that use lumia are young teenage girls. And that is because where android fails, lumia exeeds. No doubt android is a bigger and better operating system than windows now, but also windows phone is now a very reasonable option, so those people that you see with lumia made an option and chose lumia over andriod, if you have a problem with that, I don't want to tell you to hang yourself, that would be mean.

Then You said you think windows phone is for people that is not to intrested in technology, but from all you said, you know nothing about technology, cos if you do, first you won't be a critic, you would should had know what I said in my first paragragh and above all you should had known the answer to your question! But since you don't I would give you an idea, now pick up your android phone, think about all you do with your phone(not all you think your phone can do). If you are really honest to your self, all you do with your phone is all those guys you see with lumia do with thiers. I can bet with my life there is nothing more you do with yours that can't be done on a lumia, but you won't be honest, I'm 150% sure of that.

Listen to me, I'm a tech person, I love tech, I'm a programer reading computer science in school, and I want to get a lumia phone and ditch my android, yes, its about choice, lumia would do for me all I do on my android now, I don't have one now cos I can't afford one. And to me, you are less than a baby in the tech world to post such nonsense. Thanks. Have a blessed day smiley

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
Craven:

Your assumption that people purchase Lumia devices just to make and receive calls is very wrong and based on the fact that you know nothing about the devices.

Lumia devices are known for their durability, great camera, and remarkable battery life. The app store doesn't have as many apps as Android or iOS stores, but the basic apps are available. The UI is sleek and sophisticated, although not completely customizable.

Lumia devices have their drawbacks, but they are very good devices nonetheless and offer value for your money. Besides, Microsoft promises a new Windows 10 Mobile update that promises a better experience.

So before you judge a device based on wrong assumptions, try to research about it first.
What are the basic apps there? Sotey I couldn't get ordinary diamond bank app from the shitty store. Try to download a song, once you leave the interface of the browser your downloads stop instanta. Network fluctuates like say 2moro no dey cos u can't have it fixed permanently on 3G (u'll always choose 3g & 2g). These are basic things any normal phone can do, but Lumia can't. So pls tell me what is sophisticated in a Lumia device as u claimed that they are very sophisticated.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2015
runzlord:
The fact is, you have already closed your mind to lumia and windows phone. But whether you like it or not, lumia is growning, and more people are buying it. I don't know where you see your own but around here, the most people that use lumia are young teenage girls. And that is because where android fails, lumia exeeds. No doubt android is a bigger and better operating system than windows now, but also windows phone is now a very reasonable option, so those people that you see with lumia made an option and chose lumia over andriod, if you have a problem with that, I don't want to tell you to hang yourself, that would be mean.

Then You said you think windows phone is for people that is not to intrested in technology, but from all you said, you know nothing about technology, cos if you do, first you won't be a critic, you would should had know what I said in my first paragragh and above all you should had known the answer to your question! But since you don't I would give you an idea, now pick up your android phone, think about all you do with your phone(not all you think your phone can do). If you are really honest to your self, all you do with your phone is all those guys you see with lumia do with thiers. I can bet with my life there is nothing more you do with yours that can't be done on a lumia, but you won't be honest, I'm 150% sure of that.

Listen to me, I'm a tech person, I love tech, I'm a programer reading computer science in school, and I want to get a lumia phone and ditch my android, yes, its about choice, lumia would do for me all I do on my android now, I don't have one now cos I can't afford one. And to me, you are less than a baby in the tech world to post such nonsense. Thanks. Have a blessed day smiley
That's the height of your stupidity to ditch ur Android for a Lumia. What are the places that Android failed and Lumia succeeded? And again, if u bet your life on the fact that your Lumia can do all my android can, then you're already on your way to dying. And finally, it's possible you could've made all your points without insulting me by saying I wrote nonsense.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by martineverest(m): 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
Is diamond band app a basic app?
donhils:

What are the basic apps there? Sotey I couldn't get ordinary diamond bank app from the shitty store. Try to download a song, once you leave the interface of the browser your downloads stop instanta. Network fluctuates like say 2moro no dey cos u can't have it fixed permanently on 3G (u'll always choose 3g & 2g). These are basic things any normal phone can do, but Lumia can't. So pls tell me what is sophisticated in a Lumia device as u claimed that they are very sophisticated.

9 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
donhils:

That's the height of your stupidity to ditch ur Android for a Lumia. What are the places that Android failed and Lumia succeeded? And again, if u bet your life on the fact that your Lumia can do all my android can, then you're already on your way to dying. And finally, it's possible you could've made all your points without insulting me by saying I wrote nonsense.

I thought u can't think
Now I know u can't even read too

I said lumia would do all you do on your phone, not all android can do, and I even wrote it there, ur eye no catch am.

2. I said I am ditching my android for lumia cos a lumia can do all I do with my phone and its about choice, which is my choice. You eye close for there. Then. You said its a height of stupidity? I laugh, cos you are stu.pid. Its obvious, you even know it, so you're vexed and telling me things like 'height of stupidity' for making a peferable choice. Ok let me ask a question, people that also chose to buy shorts over trousers or people that chose to leave in mainland than the island can be callled height of stupidity?

3. Now if you want to know where wp exeeds at where android fails, go thru my topics and look For "5 reasons windows phone is better than android" read and learn!

4. Nah. I like proving to people how stu.pid they are, and I can't do that without saying they are stu.pid cheesy

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
martineverest:
Is diamond band app a basic app?
Yea, it's a basic app.

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by martineverest(m): 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
Security,bloatware free, smoothness of operating system ......wait until microsoft releases highly anticipated 'surface phone'(world first true computer phone),a phöne taunted to displace iphones,similar to what microsoft is already doing with surface tablet against ipad.u ll surely eat ur words...mind u,full windows os have 14 to 15milliön application
donhils:

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by martineverest(m): 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
U are a tech novice..basic apps are fbook,bbm,instagram,whatsapp,sportify,email app etc
donhils:

Yea, it's a basic app.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
runzlord:

I thought u can't think
Now I know u can't even read too

I said lumia would do all you do on your phone, not all android can do, and I even wrote it there, ur eye no catch am.

2. I said I am ditching my android for lumia cos a lumia can do all I do with my phone and its about choice, which is my choice. You eye close for there. Then. You said its a height of stupidity? I laugh, cos you are stu.pid. Its obvious, you even know it, so you're vexed and telling me things like 'height of stupidity' for making a peferable choice. Ok let me ask a question, people that also chose to buy shorts over trousers or people that chose to leave in mainland than the island can be callled height of stupidity?

3. Now if you want to know where wp exeeds at where android fails, go thru my topics and look For "5 reasons windows phone is better than android" read and learn!

4. Nah. I like proving to people how stu.pid they are, and I can't do that without saying they are stu.pid cheesy
What I think now is that you want to buy a Lumia phone and you are trying too hard to convince yourself that you're doing the right thing. Telling me u are a tech guy doesn't really mean anything at least to me. Everybody can say that. Have you made any inputs to show you actually know what you're saying? Of cos no. All you're doing is just sitting wherever u are and be feeling superior(to your family members anyways). All I can say is buy your Lumia and I'll be so glad to see you regret later.

19 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2015
martineverest:
Security,bloatware free, smoothness of operating system ......wait until microsoft releases highly anticipated 'surface phone'(world first true computer phone),a phöne taunted to displace iphones,similar to what microsoft is already doing with surface tablet against ipad.u ll surely eat ur words...mind u,full windows os have 14 to 15milliön application
Abeg let me hear word. Nyanyanyanyanyanya....what did you just say? I can't do basic banking with my phone and you're talking opata. Everybody except me on this my thread have suddenly become a tech personnel.

9 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
donhils:

What I think now is that you want to buy a Lumia phone and you are trying too hard to convince yourself that you're doing the right thing. Telling me u are a tech guy doesn't really mean anything at least to me. Everybody can say that. Have you made any inputs to show you actually know what you're saying? Of cos no. All you're doing is just sitting wherever u are and be feeling superior(to your family members anyways). All I can say is buy your Lumia and I'll be so glad to see you regret later.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
martineverest:
15million apps that you can't use? And what smoothness are you guys always talking about? I used a Lumia 535 and it was like hell. Oh, I didn't mention that with my stupíd Lumia I couldn't open some pdf files (even with Microsoft office] cos it will always direct me to complete the download with an app bla bla bla, it will direct u to the store, only to get there and not see anything. That my Lumia is not smoother than my current phone in any way. Unless all u know about Android is Itel and the likes.
Singing praises for Windows phone 10 is not the issue, when it eventually comes it will still be the same. They sang the same song during their transition from Windows 7 to 8 to 8.1, and 10 will still be the same boring old story.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
runzlord:

Thank you.
You're welcome.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
donhils:

You're welcome.
You are most welcome
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by majalisa(m): 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2015
donhils:

15million apps that you can't use? And what smoothness are you guys always talking about? I used a Lumia 535 and it was like hell. Oh, I didn't mention that with my stupíd Lumia I couldn't open some pdf files (even with Microsoft office] cos it will always direct me to complete the download with an app bla bla bla, it will direct u to the store, only to get there and not see anything. That my Lumia is not smoother than my current phone in any way. Unless all u know about Android is Samsung.
Singing praises for Windows phone 10 is not the issue, when it eventually comes it will still be the same. They sang the same song during their transition from Windows 7 to 8 to 8.1, and 10 will still be the same boring old story.
This guy is talking sense...u sure know lumia

7 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Craven: 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
donhils:

Firstly, it's not Lumia's fault your network fluctuates. Blame that on your network provider.

Secondly, I made it very clear that Windows Phone has its setbacks. The app problem is one of the major problems the OS face. Some of the apps that are considered important aren't on the store. The reason is because many developers do not believe in Windows Phone. For some of the apps that aren't available, there are third party apps, some of which perform poorly. And major apps such as BBM, Instagram, WhatsApp and the rest do not come with complete features. That can be very annoying.

I use a Windows Phone myself and I am very aware of its problems. Downloading files is also another issue; exiting your browser only to return and realize your download has stopped. There are also other problems I face with the device, problems I find exceedingly annoying, but it hasn't changed the fact that Windows Phone is a remarkable device. I'm speaking for myself here. I had some perks using my Lumia; my battery lasted longer, as well as my data plan. Something you can't say for most Android devices. The user face was a new experience. Smooth and all. But with time, I found it boring. But that's just me.

To solve the app issue, Microsoft has made it possible for you to download Android apps with the Windows 10 Mobile update. The update also comes with a refined UI and a lot of changes. Like I said, the Windows 10 Mobile update promises more improvements. So I won't completely write Windows Phones off.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Hero10001: 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
donhils:

lol...well I didn't mention BlackBerry cos I don't really have their time. That one is long gone.
BB gone where?!
You know nothing bout technology.

13 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by ABEngine(m): 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
The Lumias frustration is second to none, I get the sort of feeling we had using the Trium back then, especially when the loudspeaker doesn't work on third party apps.

The app issue is so peculiar as I rarely find choice apparently on the store.

The 8.1 update for phones adapted for same feels like ruins as it deliberately stated it's advantage on battery life but trust me that's not true.

How about multitasking? Let's not just go there. I had a Lumia 925 and I think my SG6 Edge is doing just better. 925 is durable and strong tho let's be straight on that.

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Frankdamaxx(m): 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
Its a matter of choice.

I used a Lumia 730 for 5 months. The only good thing about the phone is the superior battery life. It's not a phone you will enjoy using if you have an exploring mind and want to do many things "easily" on your phone. It was an okay phone. The screen broke and I kept it in my wardrobe, seeing no reason to spend about 15k to repair the screen. I bought the infinix hot 2 and all I can say is wow. Android lollipop has really come a long way. Its a phone I enjoy. Doing things my Lumia couldn't. The only drawback is the battery backup which is not as good as my Lumia but I have a power bank for that.

Like I said its about choice

11 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by gbadexy(m): 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
I'm using a Nokia lumia presently also and am considering ditching it soon.
I cant upload pictures on nairaland, cant download music except play.
I use blackberry for those purposes.
Why i kept it so long is because of its long battery life.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by 2kurupt(m): 7:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
Indeed it's different strokes for different folks but it's amusing seeing peeps here try to console themselves by saying lumia powered devices are superior to Android's.

Yeah, your battery may last longer but ain't that obvious when there's nothing to use the battery on?

Can a device truly be called a smartphone when you have to go thru hassles just for a simple download, has meager connectivity options i.e. Lack of NFC, Bluetooth, miscast with other devices as well as can't have true multitasking?

It's true some people are really enjoying their lumia devices but what the OP asked is what do you use it for that makes it enjoyable? Coz I'll really like to know too,
after a few days try, I was bored as hell.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Us Phone Number Diverted To My Mtn Number / Glo Increases Their Data Plans / Top 10 States With The Highest Number Of Internet Users In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.