Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,733 members, 7,802,217 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? (40953 Views)

A Nairalander And His Girlfriend Win Lumia Phones From Nokia (Photos) / What Intelligent People Do With Their Phones / Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Unionised(m): 5:01am On Sep 03, 2015
Johniyke2flex:

Bro pls can u tell me the app that u use for scanning. I use a lumia too and I'm finding it difficult making a choice on which of the scanning apps to choose.

Search for OFFICE LENS in the Store.

Great app.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by sucre: 5:22am On Sep 03, 2015
Am presently using a Microsoft 540 Windows phone. Am suprised peps cannt upload pics on nairaland. Ve just uploaded one. Someone also said he cannt download music. I ve downloaded several. Windows phone to me as the bomb. U do not need anti virus.

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by ENDTIMES: 5:25am On Sep 03, 2015
I have two lines and two phones, Lumia and Samsung (android) and Lumia is my preferred phone, by far.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 5:46am On Sep 03, 2015
Unionised:

Yes Bro.

535 is very low among Lumia phones.

Upgrade.
Duh, I've long upgraded to a better os. The truth is that even highest Lumia performs almost exactly as the low ones. If the small one couldn't do something, the big one as well can't. The difference u see in Windows phones is the design, the colour, battery, screen , camera, speed. But the functionalities are the same. So wake up already and stop deluding yourself.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 5:48am On Sep 03, 2015
sucre:
Am presently using a Microsoft 540 Windows phone. Am suprised peps cannt upload pics on nairaland. Ve just uploaded one. Someone also said he cannt download music. I ve downloaded several. Windows phone to me as the bomb. U do not need anti virus.
Antivirus on android is a myth. I don't use it , I don't need it either.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 5:49am On Sep 03, 2015
dabosuker:
[b]Na wao o, OP!
please do some research & try to experience a Lumia phone , haba!..how can you say something like that
its so surprising & maybe annoying how the OP makes a Lumia phone look very ordinary , like maybe a "3310"?? Old folks alone use lumia like seriously ...how is that even possible ? when most young folks that use android fones, do not even know their way around a windows phone , Yes its true! angry. most of the post on this thread confirms it, a lot of what most nigerians say about windows phone is from ignorance.
how can some1 say you don"t have Bluetooth & NFC in windows phone haba!, the last time I checked (5mins ago) the almighty IPhone got no Bluetooth & NFC, & no one talks about that or maybe Op does not know that.
Someone say they can not download or upload pics on Nairaland?? even with internet explorer 11 ?? not to talk about UC browser & opera mini?? or the new edge browser,.. that's simply because u don't know your way around windows phone please angry..its annoying cheesy...ask for help , we have a windows phone thread on Nairaland visit please .
and then someone talking about banking apps, please like some other windows phone user posted, the apps are there, well most of them (basic apps) & there are third party apps to get you there , personally I do internet banking & I don't even bother to use apps, I use the native browser (Internet explorer 11 or Edge) & its cool for me, cause it feels like I never left my laptop or pc, I get full functionality. that's my preference.
someone was even saying you cannot open pdf files on windows phone what?? that's like an american saying "Africa is full of monkeys", just because he/she has never visited Africa. even with my 9210 or 9300 nokia communicator running Symbian or my Xda exec running windows mobile 5, I open word & PDF files, how much more windows 8.1 OS, please love Android if u will ,but don't play down lumia like that .

Then Imagine someone comparing multitasking in Lumia 925 to Samsung S6 why would you do that?? you should have first list the specification of both phones & the year of production & see if its fair angry, the both phones are at least 3yrs apart , its not a fair comparison to start with, but I bet you the camera on the lumia 925 would match up with that on the S6, if not beat it undecided
Yes you can talk about Apps, yeah maybe more apps on Android & IOS, because they are a more open OS so developers rush in & then all sorts of apps both useful & useless are pushed in exposing the OS to viruses & malware. Personally I don't look for much apps , the basic apps & a few third party apps get me going, after all among the numerous apps , how many can u really put in your phone.
If Android works for you fine! If its IOS fine! If its BB fine! & if its windows phone or windows mobile Fine too! but don't spread stories without fact or proper research .

And to answer your question, I use a Lumia & am not Elderly and I use my phone for the following
make calls
send texts, receive mails, send mails with attachment, listen to music, create word & EXCEL documents , view presentations, Open & convert PDFs, snap pictures, record videos & make toy home videos, scan documents (I no longer use my scanner), watch movies, play mild games, find my way around (Maps & Navigation), chat on social media, do online banking & purchase, flight bookings, post on naira land, keep record of finances & daily expense, stay updated about my interest in life..etc. ..Please OP windows phone or lumia phones are not useless, because they not working for you.
I once saw a DP on BBM & it read ; IPhone is for Rich people, Android is for Every person on the street, Windows phone is for the Educated & classy. Its just choice , if everything was the same we would not appreciate diversity[/b][/color][color=#000099]
Summarize pls. You think I have time to read your article?
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Mayany(m): 5:49am On Sep 03, 2015
I have been using Lumia 730 for some months now and all I do is complain because I didn't research before buying it..The bbm take so much time to load sometimes when network is not strong it takes almost a day..ti upload pics on fbook no way,It requires a WiFi to download app from app world..although it looks portable to handle and the battery life is okay but the poor connectivity ish is frustrating
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by zicoraads: 5:51am On Sep 03, 2015
This thread is funny sha...plenty 'gibberish'. People sure do use phones for crazy things. Some of the things I saw here, I don't even know what they mean. Lil wonder a friend told me some few weeks back that am cruel. That why would I be 'killing' gadgets like that. I just do the basic stuffs what all of them. Guess am not tech savvy cheesy
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by donhils: 5:53am On Sep 03, 2015
walexy30:
I once saw a DP on BBM & it read ; IPhone is for Rich people, Android is for Every person on the street, Windows phone is for the Educated & classy. Its just choice , if everything was the same we would not appreciate diversity

Windows phone is foe the educated and professionals. Imagine a forex trader like me can't get pivot point calculator on android phone. But with my WP, i have it at my disposal without data usage after installation.
And because you saw the dp means the creator of the dp is the arbiter on the matter or what? I could create my own dp and write it the other way round. So stop talking already.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by ryanfletcher: 6:23am On Sep 03, 2015
lolz who dares compares and android with a big for nothing lumia,before I go sell a lumia just to buy an android then you know I became frustrated with the EBA lumia and it's limitations...even the so called 500k apps in the lumia store,over 300k apps there are just taddy and fuzzy apps you can't even think of using let alone discover its usefullness...abeg thanks to android for making me use my system less often if not totally not often

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by ryanfletcher: 6:29am On Sep 03, 2015
Mayany:
I have been using Lumia 730 for some months now and all I do is complain because I didn't research before buying it..The bbm take so much time to load sometimes when network is not strong it takes almost a day..ti upload pics on fbook no way,It requires a WiFi to download app from app world..although it looks portable to handle and the battery life is okay but the poor connectivity ish is frustrating
lolz even my girl had to sell a 60k with new lumia for....guess how much.........10500...lolz in fact I told her she should have just dash the person as a sign of good riddance coz that phone is a havoc and a sham...nothing good will ever come out of Microsoft phones let them just keep working with PCs in fact I am optimistic that android is might create some upgrade yo totally eliminate PC from existence... sometimes I get surprise at the apps I find in the play store and wonder how my phone manegs to use it but it just works perfect without any bottlenecks
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by dabosuker(m): 6:39am On Sep 03, 2015
donhils:

Summarize pls. You think I have time to read your article?

Please create time & be informed.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Ossaifamous(m): 6:47am On Sep 03, 2015
After I bought lumia 520 last 3 years, I made a pact to stay from anything mobile device with the windows logo
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Ossaifamous(m): 6:48am On Sep 03, 2015
Mayany:
Walahi beautiful nonsense
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 03, 2015
angels09:
Op is hooked on android....

And that's his opium. cheesy Using Lumia 535 right now and its awesome!
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Originalsly: 6:59am On Sep 03, 2015
martineverest:
Dey play ludo and grind pepper with it.,rubbish question.
Op...here is your direct answer...you learned something new today thanks to NL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by ojeffo: 7:01am On Sep 03, 2015
I love the lumia phones..cos of excessive hanging..and i always smile to the bank helping customers bring it back to life..a simple task the socalled Nokia reps in our store dnt know how 2 do...i jst cant stop loving d crappy lumia phones and d dumb nokia reps. Except when im not around...no customer ever buys d nokia lumia,i will simply open their eyes to the awesomeness of android and ios and they will dump dia sorry ass
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 03, 2015
Emperorking20:

Lawd have mercy It seems u don't do much then,. So much 4 being a tech person.. #NoBeef
I dont get.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Dikwons(f): 7:10am On Sep 03, 2015
Get my artworks beautifully printed on various items; iPhone cases, laptop skins, mugs, clocks, t-shirts, tank tops, rugs, wall tapestries, canvases here: http://www.society6.com/okwanuzorart thanks a million
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by daxon001(m): 7:14am On Sep 03, 2015
ojeffo:
I love the lumia phones..cos of excessive hanging..and i always smile to the bank helping customers bring it back to life..a simple task the socalled Nokia reps in our store dnt know how 2 do...i jst cant stop loving d crappy lumia phones and d dumb nokia reps. Except when im not around...no customer ever buys d nokia lumia,i will simply open their eyes to the awesomeness of android and ios and they will dump dia sorry ass
hello expert,i see students using dier android 2 browse via school wi-fi.Tho I kno bold 5 has d wi-fi function.my question is sincerely,can d bold 5 browse using wi-fi even if u didn't subscribepls reply
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by victord1st: 7:14am On Sep 03, 2015
donhils:

What are the basic apps there? Sotey I couldn't get ordinary diamond bank app from the shitty store. Try to download a song, once you leave the interface of the browser your downloads stop instanta. Network fluctuates like say 2moro no dey cos u can't have it fixed permanently on 3G (u'll always choose 3g & 2g). These are basic things any normal phone can do, but Lumia can't. So pls tell me what is sophisticated in a Lumia device as u claimed that they are very
sophisticated.

Now kill ya sef.
I'm presently using Lumia,plan to upgrade to a higher spec soon.

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by xolomonstrides(m): 7:30am On Sep 03, 2015
people who do basic operations are talking about a phone being sophisticated ..Really lumia is scrap.
I did a hard reset on a lumia phone then I had to download almost everything again even functions that should ordinarily be system apps.
you cannot get an app from third party sources even though you want it so bad.
lumia does not allow you download a mobile app on your system and dump on your memory card if you do that you just wasted your time.
you cant uninstall a system app using a lumia phone neither can you concert user apparently to system app cos u cant root a lumia phone. with my android I can listen to a song and download it using shazam or soundhound app without search any website . lumia does not allow Shazam download.
with my android I can save all my app data in my sd card 100% .

so apart from some basic operations android gives you freedom ...so why live in the prison of lumia?
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by AdaEkube(f): 7:31am On Sep 03, 2015
donhils:

Mr Linus. Which network is giving you 4G in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by AdaEkube(f): 7:36am On Sep 03, 2015
[quote author=AdaEkube post=37618670][/quote]
Mr.thomas hope u hv seen it.....i use MTN,my Lumia is always on a 4G,I don't know wat 2g or 3g means with dis fone.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Craven: 7:40am On Sep 03, 2015
repogirl:
@donhils, lumia is wack.... the day my lumia cracked its screen and seized working was a very happy day in my life....I bought it cos the hype was so much but seriously, it was a very dry phone. I blame microsoft sha cos of the wack OS cos the hardware was pretty sleek.

Very funny phone too...I send files and if it doesnt recognise the format, the file just disappears, lol.

The greatest disappointment was that I couldnt upload files on to the internet on the internet explorer...I had to use UC browser app for that.

The office suite was fine but as a blogger, copying long text to paste on my blog was tedious, I didnt even bother but on android I can post directly from google drive where I type.

Even microsoft is trying to sell off Nokia if they havent already sef...that says it all!

People can defend them from here till tomorrow but it is what it is.

You can't upload with IE? What version of Windows Phone does your phone run on?
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Ahmadgani(m): 7:41am On Sep 03, 2015
Lumia phones have super fast browsing speed. Windows phones can be transformed into android phones. Most of these people castigating windows phones are completely in love with android devices.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by wilsonboy(m): 7:44am On Sep 03, 2015
Aside from battery durability, Lumia can't be compared with Almighty Android for any reason because with Android you have total freedom over your device.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by Craven: 7:46am On Sep 03, 2015
Thank you for the clarification, 2pointsonly. (I addressed you wrongly in my previous post, I apologise. This is the corrected version.)

NFC sharing is strictly done between Windows Phone to Windows Phone and Android to Android. Although some tech heads have found a way to make transferring web pages and contacts work between the different platforms, it is still a limited functionality as Android and Windows Phone are two different platforms entirely. So 2kurupt's assumption that Microsoft made their Lumia devices that way to make interacting with other devices hard is wrong, as Android devices also have that same problem. BlackBerry devices do have NFC hardware, but Android Beam can’t send files with them. Also, you can't share files from an iPhone to any other device using NFC. And I don't see you blaming Apple or Android for that.

Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone all have their own different ways of sending files and they don’t like interacting with each other. This is a known fact. You can't blame Microsoft for being solely responsible for what other platforms are also guilty of.

2kurupt, take note.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by GodswillAJudins(m): 7:49am On Sep 03, 2015
Am too smart and adventurous for Windows
Android for me.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by acmev2(m): 7:50am On Sep 03, 2015
How can I unlock my lumia phone? Please help.
Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by dabosuker(m): 8:24am On Sep 03, 2015
xolomonstrides:
people who do basic operations are talking about a phone being sophisticated ..Really lumia is scrap.
I did a hard reset on a lumia phone then I had to download almost everything again even functions that should ordinarily be system apps.
you cannot get an app from third party sources even though you want it so bad.
lumia does not allow you download a mobile app on your system and dump on your memory card if you do that you just wasted your time.
you cant uninstall a system app using a lumia phone neither can you concert user apparently to system app cos u cant root a lumia phone. with my android I can listen to a song and download it using shazam or soundhound app without search any website . lumia does not allow Shazam download.
with my android I can save all my app data in my sd card 100% .

so apart from some basic operations android gives you freedom ...so why live in the prison of lumia?

Please how is it possible to carry out a hard reset & still have non system applications? why the heck is it called a hard reset?

who says you can not get apps from third party? are u sure u know what u talking about ?? how is that even imaginable? yet alone possible..

Please i have apps running from my memory card , where is this talk coming from ? haba?? and who told you you can not uninstall preinstalled applications to free space

its so sad how people that know nothing about windows phone come here to say all sorts misleading other folks without facts or proper experience or research.

the last time i checked (3mins ago), IPhone does not have common bluetooth , yet i see no one talking . if the Robot is working for you fine! don't mis- inform other folks when you really don't even know how to open a Window angry,

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? by giftedben: 8:28am On Sep 03, 2015
I believe you start using android from 2.3 or even 4.0. Window phones are like the early androids like cupcakes, donut, eclair and froyo just that android is an open source and window phones are closed source. I agree windows phone can be sometimes frustrating because it is not user friendly like android OS, but even android sometimes have its frustrating side, like applications force closing, and installing pirated software's therefore living your device exposed to virus/malwares. Android don't give people rest of mind because you are either looking for away to increase battery life, installing task managers to kill applications running in background, downloading keyboards cos android keyboards are not stable or reducing screen brightness. While windows frustrating side are lack of applications, even most applications available are still in early beta stages and not always updated but basic applications are available. Windows phone are like upgraded Asha OS but Windows10 mobile is likely to change all that. To cut it short Androids OS are for Geeks and Windows phone are for business class.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Us Phone Number Diverted To My Mtn Number / Glo Increases Their Data Plans / Top 10 States With The Highest Number Of Internet Users In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.