Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,440 members, 7,801,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring (52915 Views)

Man Stares Under His Fiancee's Legs As She Opens Them Wide In Pre-wedding Shoot. / Man Gets Cozy With Fiancee's Bum In Hot Pre-wedding Session / Man And His Fiancee's Bum In Doggie Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ladies, should the size or price of the engagement ring / "rock" matter? If your man isn't financially equipped or doesn't know the "rock" / ring of your dreams and yet proposes, would you accept or decline?

This article is inspired by an interesting story I heard from a close friend about a guy who proposed to his 2 year girlfriend with a ring which could be referred to as a "Full Stop" or a " Dot ring" i.e the rock was so small and displeasurable to her.
She said YES and accepted the ring but didn't wear it often or put the standard ring finger picture on social media. After a few weeks her boyfriend got angry and confronted her about not posting the ring out there or telling anyone, she lashed out and said this isn't the ring of "my" dreams.

They got into a fight which eventually led to their breakup. My question; Should or does the size of the ring or rock matter in saying yes to your man?

This issue requires a situational approach or solution as we all have different personalities, family background, or orientations. Psychologically and in my opinion a ring should serve as a symbol of love or an interest in starting a new life with another person.

The Price of the ring should be based on ur pocket or account at the time, if a big or small ring comes, it's the gesture / idea that someone wants to spend the rest of their life with you that matters. Most guys want to give their lady a big rock but what if there are more pressing issues like rent, business projects, health issues, will a man leave these things or empty his account for a Big Diamond Rock?

As a couple you can always upgrade your ring in time as you grow financially. Social media and competition amongst friends has made it a " sine qua non" I.e an essential for ladies to have a big rock.

Some ladies that have been proposed to ; change the way they walk or place their fingers a certain way so the world can see. If that ring was very small/tiny/cheap, would u walk and put your hand in a way that will blind our eyes? Do what works for you in your own clime. Don't pass on Love or a good man because of variable which can be made a constant in time

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/09/nigerian-couple-fight-end-engagement.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Spikkylee: 1:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeez..!!! FTC...I'm damn speechless...

I'm happy tho...Berra tinz ahead.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Wizzz: 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
When ladies are doing anything to get husbands this one dey form "ring of my dreams" undecided

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by greatness22(m): 1:44pm On Sep 02, 2015
I see dis happening to an ex-governor of river state and a seating president. but nor be ring go cause d fight sha! lolzz

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Joshchi(m): 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
Time don reach wey ladies go dey contribute money to buy all those engagement rings. Ring of your dreams my foot. The need for marriage is not exclusive to men.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by demmy0325(m): 2:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
.. I dont see anything.. undecided..
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by donholy28(m): 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ring of her dreams! mtcheeew na ring she wan marry? and d guy sef dey wait make she post am online..clearly they never loved each other

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Krystalzkris(f): 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
hmm... Oda people dey find husband she dey here dey select ring.... Well,i dont think d guy is her priority though..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by lekjons(m): 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
maybe the guy think the ring will be special to her, since they say women like uncommon/special things

3 Likes

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by hemartins(m): 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
that lady is sick.
let her wait for the ring of her dream when she is 40.
that time, she would be begging for a plastic ring.

iranu osi
abasha
omo jatijati

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by debris: 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
sad
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by kennyman2000(m): 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
seems the lady is kind of materialistic to me.. Ring shouldnt cause a problem in a good relationship..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

1 Like

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
She's still under 30 I guess and she never ready to marry

3 Likes

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by dave2meek(m): 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
F
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by tyconcepts(f): 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
Mtsheww
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by TheNextAce: 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2015
Her village witches will give her a spiritual husband soon

3 Likes

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2015
She does not really love him.

Let's be honest.....the depth of love does not depend on the size or beauty of the ring.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by freecocoa(f): 7:13pm On Sep 12, 2015
He should be glad he didn't end up with an ingrate/shediot as a wife.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by toyese01(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
Chai Esu ti ta epo si "Devil don. Add oil"
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by MzzTega(f): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
It doesn't matter. It does not add sweetness to the courtship or marriage. Its just a SEAL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by yomalex(m): 7:15pm On Sep 12, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by yomalex(m): 7:15pm On Sep 12, 2015
toyese01:
Chai Esu ti ta epo si "Devil don. Add oil"
O da si ni o

2 Likes

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Aitee1: 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2015
They're both not ready, it's cases like this one will say a broken engagement is better than a broken marriage, they should both grow up!!!

2 Likes

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by kandiikane(m): 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2015
But she accepted the thing isn't it and said yes so i don't get what the guy's problem is, if it is not about the ring itself, why does it then matter whether she wears it or not, if she says yes to marrying you. Plan your wedding and move on.

4 Likes

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by UlqU3(m): 7:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
Smh
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by SirLegal(m): 7:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
She wants to live a celebrity lifestyle.

I guess she wanted a 30 carat diamond RINNGGGGG..., cost a whopping 50,000 dollars.

LUBBISH.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by sammoe(m): 7:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
I keep telling these kids to have value defined priorities. They won't listen.

"ring of my dreams"
Dunno whether to cry or laugh...
Mtscheeweechew

Gerrarahere...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
When some of her colleagues here in Nigeria are running from one spiritual house to the other praying for a man that will even give them plastic ring,(some won't even mind buying the ring and giving it to the man to propose to them);this one is there rejecting ring.hian!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 12, 2015
Nawa ooo..she will wait for a very long time to get the ring of her supposed dream

There are couples who are blessed financially and their marriage was blessed with a bible..the guy didn't propose with a ring

2 Likes

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 12, 2015
tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2015
Nigerian Couple? why are Chinese looking pictures there..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Couple Who Met On Twitter Set To Marry / Prophet Allegedly Dies From Thunderbolt (magun) / What A Guy Did To Me At Iwo Road Ibadan, A Bitter Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.