Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work (25874 Views)

Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman / My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / 10 Jobs That Makes It Difficult For Men To Intimately Satisfy Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by teadrake(m): 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
Naijaphil:
So in this 2015 someone can still sit down and think up something this ridiculous, not to talk of writing it down. If you want a housewife, go to the village and get a local girl. Smh, after somebody has struggled and sent their child to school for 20 years, one man will waka over and say don't work. If you like don't marry o! Who are you to say she should not work? If you want someone to 'take care of the marriage' why don't YOU stay home. Ridiculous people this afternoon.
Sorry jare,the guy wan spoil Friday for us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by tivta(m): 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
This is why it is best to marry a woman who has her own biz, a teacher or a doctor /nurse. Simple. Am jealous in nature but the OP has serious jealousy issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by Lovexme(m): 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
Why would she get those certificates and come sit at home as a house wife? I'll let my wife work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by Onliie(m): 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
Speak for yourself

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by MARGIELA(m): 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
What really is the problem with South Africa and Nigeria??
Why are nigerians saying South africans are lazy??
I just don't get it why.
Truth be told,Very few Nigerians in south africa obey the law.
Nigerians here in South Africa are reason of tension between south africans and foreign nationals.
-Nigerians here are Smuggling Drugs(search about Hilbrow,Johannesburg)
-Involved in human trafficking
-Internet Scammers
-Illegal (higher education) certificate crafters
-own land illegaly,more esp' in the CBD which is not suppose to be densely populated by illegal immigrants and drug smugglers

I love foreigners,Zimbabwens,malawians,egyptians,kenyians and everyone but when it comes to nigerians I really don't like your guys here.but that does not mean I hate nigerians,I don't gereralise,people are different.there are good nigerians and bad nigerians and in south africa there are bad nigerians.
Nigerians are the biggest culprit of Xenophobia here.
There's now a trend that south africans are lazy,lol I don't really get that and no one does,but thats nigerians belief system.
What you guys suggest must be done to live in peace in this country??
What do you suggest
Because deep down you know the behaviour of your fellow nigerians.
Now you tell us about that you helped us during the apartheid,the question is,Do we have to keep quiet and watch your fellows Smuggling drugs in our couutry? Does that justify anything
Based on the behaviour of nigerians here in South Africa,To me,Nigeria is a Dirty word

1 Like

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
The OP is a deep thinker. Those who look away from the truth does so at their own peril.

Facts.

1. If your wife works, the stress will never make you enjoy her. The responsibilities at work and home will make her age fast and never have time to be romantic.

2. There is always misunderstandings at home and when the woman being naturaly weak hears constant sweet talks from men at work. Your trouble begins! Only a matter of time before you become a laughing stock in your enviroment.

3. The role of the woman is to take care of the home. When she joins you in hard quest for money, you are a weak, lazy, unlucky or an unfortunate husband.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by matrixme(m): 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
Uemployed "housewives" wives are really unfashionable cases in these days of falling oil prices. There are many ways even housewives can make money and be more responsible around homes.

Paper Beads+Ankara Craft +Wireworks training in Alakuko, Lagos. September 15th-21st 2015

1 Like

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
Can't wait to get to the top
Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by pweetybhy(f): 8:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
Rubbish... see your thinking.. cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
teadrake:

Sorry jare,the guy wan spoil Friday for us

Abi o! Mtchewww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by prettyJoy22(f): 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2015
Who dusted this trend from the achieves
Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
Housewives on the average are worse. I wud rather have my wife cheat on me with her boss,who is probably richer than to cheat with my neighbour or my houseboy. Don't forget that an 'Idle mind is the devil's laboratory'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by sparklebug: 10:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
There should not be a blanket answer to a woman working or not! It should be on a case by case basis. Been married for 8 years and had to resign from zenith to attend to my family. My husband was an active sailor then. He will go to sea for 4-5 months and be home for 2 months. I left the bank to stay at home. After a while, I picked interest in business and today I v a thriving kids clothing store.
Yes I miss the glitz and glamour of be a well paid zenith banker. But when I look at my kids, it's a sacrifice I don't regret.
I'm in my mid 30's and once in a while I volunteer with ngo's. I hope to go back to active work with and ngo someday... but if that day never comes, I'll keep growing my business and hopefully I'll v branches everywhere in Nigeria, creating employment for our teeming unemployed youth!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by DedeNkem: 2:59am On Sep 05, 2015
The main two reasons why some men don't want their wives to work;
1. They don't want their wives to work under another man and take orders from him.
2. They want their children well taken care of.
Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by Nobody: 5:37am On Sep 05, 2015
Any man who will stop his wife from working has to be a cold hearted mysogynistic control freak. Why can't the wife stop him from working on grounds of his female boss might make a move on him . I don't know why African men think they're so superior like get off your high horse. Its not 1888 anymore. The world moved on a long time ago and so should you. Anything a man can do, a woman can do better
#AfricanFeminist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by Ishilove: 6:51am On Sep 05, 2015
sydraay:
•Sexual harassment:

Some bosses are sexually aggressive. They can touch your woman inappropriately. They can even go the extent of slipping drugs into your woman's drink and rape her. Especially when her boss is far richer than you (the man)

•Marrying these women is asking for trouble (career women):

If they quit their jobs and stay home with the kids, she will be unhappy. She will be unhappy if she makes more money than you do. You will be unhappy if she makes more money than you do. You will be more likely to fall ill. Even your house will be dirtier.

•Marriage and family work best when one
person is taking care of them full time:

Let's face it - Everything in the world is best off when it is cared for very carefully. Which woman can effectively manage being a housewife and being a career woman. (She isn't a superwoman)

www.edondo.com/2015/09/why-most-men-do-not-want-their-wives-to-work
CRAP. Undiluted CRAP. Unconvoluted CRAP. Mind boggling CRAP. Straight to the point, unpretentious CRAP.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by Adesiji77: 7:19am On Sep 05, 2015
Ishilove:

CRAP. Undiluted CRAP. Unconvoluted CRAP. Mind boggling CRAP. Straight to the point, unpretentious CRAP.

cheesy grin

CRAP. At its Peak. CRAPPY CRAP

Especially @ "Most Men"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by lilmizwierd(f): 7:45am On Sep 05, 2015
Who wrote the post Who?
Those reasons are plain dumb La.
You just punched the House wife committee in the neck
So it's women Who stay at home that are not sexually harassed abi Telemundo would let them care sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by lilmizwierd(f): 7:51am On Sep 05, 2015
PietraK:
The OP is a deep thinker. Those who look away from the truth does so at their own peril.

Facts.

1. If your wife works, the stress will never make you enjoy her. The responsibilities at work and home will make her age fast and never have time to be romantic.

2. There is always misunderstandings at home and when the woman being naturaly weak hears constant sweet talks from men at work. Your trouble begins! Only a matter of time before you become a laughing stock in your enviroment.

3. The role of the woman is to take care of the home. When she joins you in hard quest for money, you are a weak, lazy, unlucky or an unfortunate husband.

am weeping u hear
please cheating occurs mostly in Housewives
All the women around me work some earn far far higher than their husband and No I Don't hear their voice
So the husband hasn't seen his mate taking care abi.
My father cooks when my mum closes late

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by Ishilove: 8:44am On Sep 05, 2015
Adesiji77:

cheesy grin

CRAP. At its Peak. CRAPPY CRAP

Especially @ "Most Men"
The crap is like Peak: it's in him grin

People who have zero knowledge of what they are talking about will compile crap liberally spiced with blanket statements and now present it as facts. CRAP.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by Ishilove: 8:55am On Sep 05, 2015
Pinkylilly:
Even if the man glues my a*s to a chair, I'll carry the chair and work. In this our time, woman have to be sensible and not throw your future away to become a housewife. What if the man is called by God, will you just suffer because you refused to have a backup? If you and your hubby are friends and not just man and woman in a cage, you can both sit down and plan your lives to suite the whole fAmily.
1000 likes

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by bummyla(m): 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by morethanadoll(f): 1:39am On Sep 06, 2015
Men who don't want their wives to work are weak minded and love control. Simple as that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by iambijo(m): 8:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
If you are not working I will not marry you, you know there's benefit in marrying a working class woman, put sexual harassment aside 1. She will be spending her money on ur children 2. you can borrow money from her and at the end she will let go off the money or you'll just pay half 3.she will decorate. Ur house to her taste with her own money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by goodgate: 10:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
Pinkylilly:
Even if the man glues my a*s to a chair, I'll carry the chair and work. In this our time, woman have to be sensible and not throw your future away to become a housewife. What if the man is called by God, will you just suffer because you refused to have a backup? If you and your hubby are friends and not just man and woman in a cage, you can both sit down and plan your lives to suite the whole fAmily.
True , but even if a man is called by God,as in becoming a Pastor, it should not stop him from working. My pastor is a CEO,even Apostle Paul in the bible was a tent maker,peter was a fisherman.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 08, 2015
goodgate:
True , but even if a man is called by God,as in becoming a Pastor, it should not stop him from working. My pastor is a CEO,even Apostle Paul in the bible was a tent maker,peter was a fisherman.
LOL. (called by God) I meant death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 08, 2015
DICKtator:

I Don't understand what you mean by called by God

On which network?

In this naija that network connection is poor, how would God reach him?

By the way, what type of phone does God use?

Or do you mean pastoral call? Altar call?

grin grin grin grin

NO. I meant "Death" call
Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 08, 2015
Ishilove:

1000 likes
Thanks Ishilove. grin wink cheesy
Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by goodgate: 10:14am On Sep 08, 2015
Pinkylilly:
LOL. (called by God) I meant death.
Ook.
Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by tck2000(m): 3:17pm On Jun 09, 2019
valid points
Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by LebenNG: 9:28am On Jul 17, 2021
MARGIELA:
[color=#000099][/color]
What really is the problem with South Africa and Nigeria??
Why are nigerians saying South africans are lazy??
I just don't get it why.
Truth be told,Very few Nigerians in south africa obey the law.
Nigerians here in South Africa are reason of tension between south africans and foreign nationals.
-Nigerians here are Smuggling Drugs(search about Hilbrow,Johannesburg)
-Involved in human trafficking
-Internet Scammers
-Illegal (higher education) certificate crafters
-own land illegaly,more esp' in the CBD which is not suppose to be densely populated by illegal immigrants and drug smugglers

I love foreigners,Zimbabwens,malawians,egyptians,kenyians and everyone but when it comes to nigerians I really don't like your guys here.but that does not mean I hate nigerians,I don't gereralise,people are different.there are good nigerians and bad nigerians and in south africa there are bad nigerians.
Nigerians are the biggest culprit of Xenophobia here.
There's now a trend that south africans are lazy,lol I don't really get that and no one does,but thats nigerians belief system.
What you guys suggest must be done to live in peace in this country??
What do you suggest
Because deep down you know the behaviour of your fellow nigerians.
Now you tell us about that you helped us during the apartheid,the question is,Do we have to keep quiet and watch your fellows Smuggling drugs in our couutry? Does that justify anything
Based on the behaviour of nigerians here in South Africa,To me,Nigeria is a Dirty word

Other progressive countries no get mouth reach una...is your currency under top 8 currencies in the world?, your pple too are in Ngr, no one is beefing.
Re: Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work by LebenNG: 9:29am On Jul 17, 2021
PietraK:

Facts.

Where does she start from at her husband's demise?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" / 11 Signs That You Should Leave Your Job. / Masters Or Stay On Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.