Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Nigeria Made A Mistake By Banning Marijuana – Seun Kuti - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Made A Mistake By Banning Marijuana – Seun Kuti (331 Views)

Spot The Error: Punch Nigeria Made Big Mistake / Seun Kuti Posts Oshiomhole's N17m Trip To Miami On Twitter To Confirm Or Deny / The 5 Worst Currencies In The World ( See If Nigeria Made The List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Made A Mistake By Banning Marijuana – Seun Kuti by honeywealth75(m): 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
Son of late Afro legend, Seun Kuti, has said that the Nigerian government was ill advised to put an embargo on the use of marijuana.
According to him, “There are doctors and scientists who believe that marijuana should be legalized. There are also lawyers, judges, and politicians who believe that the war on drugs is a false war. That is actually a war on the poor people all over the world, because bothv poor people and rich people use drugs to be sane. But you will find that here, people are in jail more for drug use.”
“I believe that the decision is a carryover of colonial law,” Seun noted.
He further pointed out that, “We as Africans had no reason to ban marijuana. It was done out of the United State lobby, forcing our governments to ban the drug. One of the biggest markets in the world for marijuana in the world is Israel (which is a more religious country than Nigeria),” he quipped.
“But they understand the benefits,” he continued, “especially the economic benefits. So much wealth can be generated from it, but that is another issue entirely.
“I don’t think that the Nigerian government has ever carried out any independent research on marijuana, so why did they ban its use?” Seun quizzically noted.
Re: Nigeria Made A Mistake By Banning Marijuana – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
Orisirisi
Re: Nigeria Made A Mistake By Banning Marijuana – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
Why is seun talking recklessly like this is it bcuz he and his father r bona fide weed smokers embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Made A Mistake By Banning Marijuana – Seun Kuti by greatness22(m): 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
Femi is right **smokes weed**

**coughs**

i pray they legalize it.
**quickly rap another weed**
The lady above me is just the symbol of what a beautiful lady should be.
Re: Nigeria Made A Mistake By Banning Marijuana – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
Thanks Seun kuti but I will advice you to go and learn from don jazzy who doesn't weed but produces hits after hits unlike your dad who died a junky infested with hiv/aids .
Re: Nigeria Made A Mistake By Banning Marijuana – Seun Kuti by zadok60: 2:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
smh

(1) (Reply)

Damby Drug Dealing Form Is Out, +2348117666584 / Affordable And Reliable Data Bundle For Your Network (MTN &ETISALAT) / Unbelievable! Nigerian Woman Running For 2015 Presidential Election In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.