Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Gulak, PDP NWC Bicker Over Party Chairmanship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gulak, PDP NWC Bicker Over Party Chairmanship (607 Views)

2019: APC Governors Move To Take Over Party Structure / Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent / PDP BOT Sacks Sheriff And Makarfi; Takes Over Party Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gulak, PDP NWC Bicker Over Party Chairmanship by DONSMITH123(m): 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
There was drama at the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, National Secretariat, when a former Political Adviser to immediate past President Goodluck Jonathan, Alhaji Ahmed Gulak, visited to submit a letter of intent to the PDP National Working Committee, NWC to inform the party of his intention to contest election into the office of National Chairman.

Gulak, who told journalists that the constitution of the PDP provides that election be conducted to fill the vacancy created by Muazu’s resignation, drew the attention to the dangers that the failure to elect a new chairman would create in the party, stressing that the era of impunity in the party was over.

But barely five minutes after Gulak’s departed the Wadata Plaza, a delegation of NWC members, led by the PDP National Secretary, Professor Wale Oladipo, addressed a press conference where they dismissed Gulak’s mission as fruitless, insisting that there was no vacancy in the office of the National chairman.

Oladipo, who was flanked at the briefing by the National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, and the National Legal Adviser, Victor Kwon, explained that there were specific decisions to be taken by the National Executive Committee, NEC, before arriving at a conclusion that a vacancy had existed in the office of the chairman and none of such decisions had been taken.

According to him, “I am not aware of any vacancy in the chairmanship seat. There is an acting Chairman and the party is waiting for the report of the Ekwerenmadu committee before the decision to appoint a replacement as the national chairman.

“PDP is always guided by two major documents, one, the country’s constitution and then the party’s constitution. Concerning the office of the national chairman, I think there are clear constitutional provisions; I am not aware of any vacancy,” he stated.

On his part, PDP National Legal Adviser, Victor Kwon said: “PDP is a party that follows the provisions of its constitution to the later. We are aware of the circumstances under which the acting national chairman assumed office. When the then National Chairman resigned, Chief Uche Secondus was asked to step in and act in line with the party’s constitution, particularly section 45 which says that when the chairman resigns, the deputy national chairman will assume office pending the appointment of another chairman.

According to him, “there are relevant sections of the PDP constitution (section 47 subsection 6) which empowers NEC to convene and appoint a replacement at the instance of the NWC. But there are no time limit provided in the constitution within which the acting chairman is expected to serve. It is the prerogative of the party leadership to decide on when to choose someone from the appropriate zone to effect the replacement. But like I said, there is actually no time limit under section 47 subsection 2,” Kwon stated.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/02/gulak-pdp-nwc-bicker-over-party-chairmanship/

Re: Gulak, PDP NWC Bicker Over Party Chairmanship by 1stGenius(m): 2:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
Can't imagine the earlier much celebrated born to rule PDP is now playing opposition.
Watching in 3D.
Re: Gulak, PDP NWC Bicker Over Party Chairmanship by oluwaSmith1(f): 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
as far as am concern, PDP is already dead. simple

1 Like

Re: Gulak, PDP NWC Bicker Over Party Chairmanship by DONSMITH123(m): 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
as far as am concern, PDP is already dead. simple

REALLY? Dont allow the like of Bacanister and other PDP Member on nairaland to hear this o
Re: Gulak, PDP NWC Bicker Over Party Chairmanship by oluwaSmith1(f): 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
DONSMITH123:

REALLY? Dont allow the like of Bacanister and other PDP Member on nairaland to hear this o

The truth must be said my brother, Who on earth will ever believe that PDP will turn to opposition in this country?

nothing last forever bro
Re: Gulak, PDP NWC Bicker Over Party Chairmanship by DONSMITH123(m): 2:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

The truth must be said my brother, Who on earth will ever believe that PDP will turn to opposition in this country?

nothing last forever bro

yesooooo....Nothing last forever
Re: Gulak, PDP NWC Bicker Over Party Chairmanship by donholy28(m): 2:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
PDP is now as confused as APC
Re: Gulak, PDP NWC Bicker Over Party Chairmanship by oluwaSmith1(f): 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2015
donholy28:
PDP is now as confused as APC

may your tea never lack milk bros.

I just drive pass WADATA Plaza now (PDP) Secretariat, its like a shadow. to me, the party is already dead.
Re: Gulak, PDP NWC Bicker Over Party Chairmanship by feedthenation(m): 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
PDP is a nothern party & the position of national chairman will eventually go to the north.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Makes History In Spain As The First Woman Presidential Flagbearer / Tenant In Court For Converting Apartment To Shrine / 20 Killed In Plateau Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.