Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,135 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love (14073 Views)

Couple's Old School Themed Pre-Wedding Photos / How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s / Old Days Love Seems More Romantic Than This Days See Pictures Below (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by wristbangle: 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
I wish things could be the way it used to be during the time of our forefathers, but now, things have now taken turns because the word "love" has now been wrongly interpreted

I sometimes cannot but shake my head when I see people involved in shameful practices all in the name of so called LOVE

Without wasting time, let's take a look at these differences between olden days love and new generation love

Place for hanging out

In the olden days, under iroko tree, gardens and other less exotic places and suitable places for rendezvous despite the fact that there were expensive restaurants, resort centres and hotels. Nowadays, suggesting such places for ladies will be a bad idea as they will tag him a broke and stingy dude. This reminds me of when Tosyne2much said he recently took a lady to a mango tree as rendezvous, but the lady was disappointed and called the relationship a quit cheesy

Financial criteria

What new generation ladies mainly look for in guys is their financial standing. He must have at least a superb car, a good house and must be earning 6 digits salary as a consideration for going on a date, unlike olden days when ladies date guys who have no dine in their pockets

Compatibility level

Ladies then can date or marry a guy in spite of his educational, financial and society status unlike nowadays which the guy's standard must be very high. To confirm this, ask any educated lady of nowadays that, Can they marry a rich mechanic? We know what the answer will be.

Communication

Those times, you will have to perch under a tree for hours waiting for her to pass so that you can communicate with her. Now, you will have to go into recharge your phone as if you life depends on it. Sometimes, you will even be indebted to MTN. When you fail to even send some of them recharge card, you are red- carded.

Attitude

Back in the days, a guy may be poor but may even empty his pocket to provide for her need when he makes a little cash. Try that with new generation ladies, and you are on your way to bankruptcy.

Knowledge and Intelligence

The reasoning level of olden days ladies was outstanding. They were smart, knowledgeable, patient and understood the concept of love means. Ladies of nowadays are brainwashed by what they see. Some ladies may dump intelligent, brilliant and ambitious dudes like Tosyne2much, Lalasticlala, Ronald4lif and Naijaboiy for an old rich man who is using extra time on earth

Abstinence

The issue of pre-marital sex then cannot be compared to sex era we are into. Not like olden days ladies didn't used to have the urge to have sex, just that they were so discipline and had high level of body control, but now, a lady will have to test run a guy just to know his capabilities on bed.

Mode of cooking

Ladies then often cooked delicious meal for the one they truly love. You will see them pound yam, and other tasking exercise just to make the worm in his stomach smile, but now, some ladies cannot even make ordinary noodles, yet they say their men are cheating. You will see some of them parading Mr Biggs, Mr Fans and the likes. Smh.

Feel free to add yours

Lalasticlala

9 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by tosyne2much(m): 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
Even God knows that I will be the first to comment on a thread like this.

Na dis kind thread dem dey always see me cheesy

Make I add my own join

9. S*x Position

In the olden days, missionary style was the most pleasurable style when it comes to love making. You need not use jedi, opa eyin, vigra just to show your bedmatcis skills, but in recent time, you have to jeopardize your life with sex positions using the combination of cowgirl, reverse cowgirl and doggy just because you want to show a lady that you are a pro in bed

Na so I bleep one babe like last week. After showing my bedmatics and climaxed after 3mins, she asked, "are you done?"... At that instance, it was as if the ground should open and swallow me up

10. She Eats With You No Matter What You Are Eating

In the olden days, when a lady truly loves you and she comes visiting, if she sees you drinking garri, she will dash to the kitchen to get a spool telling you not to finish it, but now, reverse is the case

Na so one babe visit me yesterday see me dey blast garri devoid of sugar and kulikuli, na so the babe sit down for my bed dey tell me say fried rice dey hungry am

E just be like say make I use leg take give am slap

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by scofieldsimba(m): 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ok
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
my two guys always on point grin

but i prefer communication of now than olden days, its easier and simple.

its not easy to date a broke guy, it takes an empress of love to date a broke guy, so guys should work hard and get the best woman cheesy

olden days urge for sex was as a result of circumcision, these days ladies are no longer circumcised; but that does not mean we cant still keep ourselves.
#teamzipup# cool

who doesnt know how to pound yam, i can,very much grin

nice one bro.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by bqlekan(m): 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
Great one.. grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
cheesy things as changed tho, my grandma always say ' children of nowadays re so spoilt nd not like them wen they were Lil'. I remembered her also saying that wen they were young, they don't av boyfriends guys only admire them and also av crush on them nd if they re really in love with them? They go abt it d right way.
Having a child or children outside wedlock is not celebrated unlike today we av several proud babymamas here nd dere. Also d virginity of a female is also her dignity, there is pride in it. Then when a man nd woman get married, a white cloth is laid on d bed for their intercourse nd if the husband discover she's a virgin? She's hereby celebrated by her husband nd family, making them proud that she hasn't known men, but today virginity is a plague.

Ppl will say civilization changed everything but I will say u can change if u want to. With this so civilization, u hear of lots of failed marriages even tho they av been dating nd had known each other for years but in dere time they get to know themselves nd fall in love in dere matrimonial home, u see them celebrating 50yr anniversary but today if u see engaged couple d next thing u will hear is 'before u know they will divorce' like that's now a norm.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by tosyne2much(m): 6:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
Midehi:
my two guys
What's up boo ? cheesy
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
cheesy dey don come again!!lemme add to ur list!

sexx position-
n d olden day we there is only one sexx position called missionaruy style**daddy&mummy style** grin but nowadays style don plenty like doggy,69,360,960,touch ur toes,bend make i bend etc.

Education-Hmmmm when it comes to education of today,it cant b compare to dat of olden days!!things has really changed,examination malpratice everywhere,kids start school as early from d womb self grin students no longer serious anymore cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Hawlahscho(m): 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
wristbangle is [size=30pt]BIASED[/size]

Some of those things he thinks they don't exist again still happen. Just that civilization covered most and bad mentality of SOME of our ladies is condemning some, maybe that's why OP concluded sentimentally.

I'm out.

1 Like

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by peeparty(m): 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
Olden days :Ankara are worn by the wife with Bikini inside

modern days: Bikini are worn outside with no p*nties.

olden days you know need carry woman go restaurant, but this days some of this girls are ready to suck you dry and run away.

Cc

wristbangle

3 Likes

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Hawlahscho(m): 6:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
tosyne2much

About the s3x position you made mention, how does that make yesteryear love better than nowadays love
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by ArchEnemy(m): 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
Nice work Op
Come ve a bottle of chilled Eva juice

So much from civilization or perhaps part of end time things

1 Like

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by wristbangle: 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
Midehi:
my two guys

Our darling kiss
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by boman2014: 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
h
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
Technology is a major criteria here!
People have become more exposed!
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 6:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ok
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
Another Difference:

In The Olden Days If You Wan See Nyash You Open Pant But, Nowadays If You See Pant You Open Nyash..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
Erm........I agree with you Op....my great great grandma don tell me beforegrin, cos dem never born me that time cool

But Naijaboiy is rich nahundecided

1 Like

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
In the olden days you are scared of the promise land due to unwanted pregnancy but these days, you are scared due to STDs

In the olden days, couples don't sleep on their wedding night but these days they sleep their life away - nothing new to explore.

In those days there are less things ladies could use to play hard to get - like phone number, bbm pin, and PMs on nairaland. But these days, those things mention are major tool to prove hard to get.

In the olden days ugly girls dont contest with the pretty but these days there is makeups na di ugly ones dey do guy pass.

In the olden days ladies are scared of sex due to unwanted pregnancy but today, eye don tear finish. There is now condom, planB and surprisingly, even abortion is a norm to some ladies of today

1 Like

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by naijaboiy: 6:24pm On Sep 02, 2015
Back in the olden days my grandmother had just one boyfriend who was my grand father. He was a farmer and a bush meat hunter. grin

Every morning he'll bring bush meat for my grandmother and some yams or corn which he harvested from his farm to my grand mother's house. grin

My grandmother was still forming hard to get but after a while she finally succumbed due to incessant pressure from my grandfather. smiley

They got married after courting for 1 year and gave birth to 9 children. kisskiss

Now in this new age girls have so many boyfriends of different varieties to pick from. As a result of social media a girl will have five boyfriends. 1 on BBM,,the other on whatsapp,,then facebook,,badoo and even Nairaland.

Things don change. crycry

PS- Believe the above story at your own peril gringringringrin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
tosyne2much:
What's up boo ? cheesy
am cool
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by naijaboiy: 6:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Another Difference:

In The Olden Days If You Wan See Nyash You Open Pant But, Nowadays If You See Pant You Open Nyash..
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygringrin
grincheesygrincheesygringrin
cheesygrincheesycheesygrin
gringrincheesygrin
gringrincheesy
cheesygrin
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by tosyne2much(m): 6:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
MhizDeedy:
cheesy tosyne2much angry
Swthrt cheesy
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 02, 2015
tosyne2much:
Swthrt cheesy

Limme jare, we re fighting sad
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
wristbangle:

Our darling kiss
i remain cheesy
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by naijaboiy: 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
adeh39:
Erm........I agree with you Op....my great great grandma don tell me beforegrin, cos dem never born me that time cool

But Naij aboiy is rich nahundecided
You don't have to say everything out now embarassed
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by faith551(m): 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
Those days been sweet die, na on top mango tree I been toast nneka, hide and seek na our best game, any day I buy new fella trouser na her place I dey first visit, no money for make up, and Brazilian wig. undecided
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by ronald4lif(m): 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
Technology is a major criteria here!

People have become more exposed!

True. Times have changed and people have embrace these changes, men and women alike. I don't know much about how life really was back then but there are many positives that we've come to witness over the years which I find commendable. Just like men, women too have adapted to these changes.

1 Like

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by emitheo(m): 6:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
Op...nice article
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by wristbangle: 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
MhizDeedy:
cheesy lol wristbangle do u know d stress in pounding yam ehn? Don't worry wen we get married, u wil be d one pounding d yam u hear? cheesy

Hahaha una ladies of nowadays too lazy jor.
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Mhizkel(f): 6:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
Old things have passed away.cheesy
Wristbangle, adapt to the new era.wink

1 Like

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
ronald4lif:

True. Times have changed and people have embrace these changes, men and women alike. I don't know much about how life really was back then but there are many positives that we've come to witness over the years which I find commendable. Just like men, women too have adapted to these changes.

True!
I agree with u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Secondary School Couple Spotted Having Good Sex At Their Dormitory / Guys: Be Careful In Atlanta. She might be a man. / What Is The Perfect Present To Get A Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.