Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (407686 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 1:36pm On May 29, 2016
Olarewajub:

The driver actually installed and am able to regulate screen brightness. The only problem is that my brightness setting is not maintained when pc is switch on and off (may be the driver is'nt compatible with my PC . I've already gotten a upgrade notification in which the driver is included.

Happy Sunday
if u update to your original display driver u can sdjust screen brughtness. i use driver booster to solve mine.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 1:50pm On May 29, 2016
Collinz2:
if u update to your original display driver u can sdjust screen brughtness. i use driver booster to solve mine.

I will try that. Which data subscription do you use?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 3:14pm On May 29, 2016
Olarewajub:

I will try that. Which data subscription do you use?
i use mtn magic sim bt block now. Try driver booster version 3.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 3:15pm On May 29, 2016
OlaBa:

I've done that again and again, same thing, maybe it's my pc hp elitebook 2560p core i5, 4gig ram, 500hdd?. I tried to update it on device manager, it downloaded but told me I have up to date adapter which I'm mot. I don't know what to do again, or can I unistall microsoft display adapter and install the new adapter?
use driver booster v3 am sure it will work.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by OlaBa: 4:31pm On May 29, 2016
Collinz2:
use driver booster v3 am sure it will work.

I've used both v3.2 and 3.4, or did you mean v3.0?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 8:03pm On May 29, 2016
Collinz2:
i use mtn magic sim bt block now. Try driver booster version 3.

Thanks.
Windows 10 rocks.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 8:58pm On May 29, 2016
OlaBa:

I've used both v3.2 and 3.4, or did you mean v3.0?
which processor are u using?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by OlaBa: 9:33pm On May 29, 2016
Collinz2:
which processor are u using?

Intel HD graphics 3000, core i5. I've solved the problem. I downloaded the driver on Intel website as you advised, everything is now ok. Thanks
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 6:39am On May 30, 2016
OlaBa:

Intel HD graphics 3000, core i5. I've solved the problem. I downloaded the driver on Intel website as you advised, everything is now ok. Thanks
great. I downloaded mine there bt partially not compatible (icon and text are very big) so i use driver booster.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by OlaBa: 8:05am On May 30, 2016
Collinz2:
great. I downloaded mine there bt partially not compatible (icon and text are very big) so i use driver booster.

Well I search the version I saw on driver booster on intel website and google, downloaded exact version and it worked well.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by W3xy1(m): 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
Anytime I try to hibernate or shut down my laptop, it will restart again. Please help me out
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by youngice(m): 1:54pm On Jun 03, 2016
My next laptop must be a Macbook Pro
Haba
I just updated to Windows 10
But my nvidia and Bluetooth
Stayed behind, after using Almost 4 gig totdownload the rubbish, I have to start troubleshooting drivers
Brightness doesn't change
Battery is now a bitch
Haba, is this life
Apple for life
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 3:54pm On Jun 03, 2016
youngice:
My next laptop must be a Macbook Pro
Haba
I just updated to Windows 10
But my nvidia and Bluetooth
Stayed behind, after using Almost 4 gig totdownload the rubbish, I have to start troubleshooting drivers
Brightness doesn't change
Battery is now a bitch
Haba, is this life
Apple for life
update your drivers and enjoy windows 10 but battery life suck.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by youngice(m): 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2016
Collinz2:
update your drivers and enjoy windows 10 but battery life suck.
I don't think I'm interested, will revert back to win 8.1
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
As funny as it may sound, I'm unable to sign in on Nairaland with Microsoft Edge Browser.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 8:40pm On Jun 03, 2016
youngice:

I don't think I'm interested, will revert back to win 8.1

Just upgrade your drivers and enjoy windows 10 which is better than Windows 8.1. By the time you upgrade you display driver and deactivate Cortana, your battery life will return to normal.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Mckandre(m): 11:29pm On Jun 03, 2016
How do I switch my windows 10 single language to windows 10 professional?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:54pm On Jun 03, 2016
I'll always advice guys to dual boot windows 10 with your current windows to test it first. If you like it then you can use it as your primary OS and merge the other partition
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 7:08am On Jun 04, 2016
Olarewajub:

Just upgrade your drivers and enjoy windows 10 which is better than Windows 8.1. By the time you upgrade you display driver and deactivate Cortana, your battery life will return to normal.
lies, battery life suck.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 7:09am On Jun 04, 2016
Olarewajub:
As funny as it may sound, I'm unable to sign in on Nairaland with Microsoft Edge Browser.
Microsoft Edge Browse is the worst browser ever made in the history of web browser.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by OlaBa: 7:32am On Jun 04, 2016
I must say, many complaints here about window 10 battery issue almost discouraged from updating my laptop. I'm glad that I did and I haven't noticed any difference in battery consumption switching from window 7. Maybe I just got lucky.

Window 10 is da bomb.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by youngice(m): 8:42am On Jun 04, 2016
Olarewajub:

Thanks fam, but I'm already back to win 8.1
It even fixed my previous drivers issues
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 8:49am On Jun 04, 2016
OlaBa:
I must say, many complaints here about window 10 battery issue almost discouraged from updating my laptop. I'm glad that I did and I haven't noticed the difference in battery consumption switching from window 7. Maybe I just got lucky.

Window 10 is da bomb.
u are lucky indeed. but me here my battery drain like water.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 10:45am On Jun 04, 2016
Collinz2:

Make sure you switch off Location and deactivate Cortana.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by OlaBa: 11:41am On Jun 04, 2016
Collinz2:

Lol at "Drain like water"
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 11:50am On Jun 04, 2016
Olarewajub:

Make sure you switch off Location and deactivate Cortana.
i've done that already.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 11:54am On Jun 04, 2016
OlaBa:

Lol at "Drain like water"
lol i dont just know how to explain it.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by OlaBa: 1:59pm On Jun 04, 2016
Collinz2:
lol i dont just know how to explain it.

How are you coping with it? For me, I'm always on the move, so I can't cope with sub par battery life o.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2016
OlaBa:

How are you coping with it? For me, I'm always on the move, so I can't cope with sub par battery life o.
well i like windows 10. So i decided to stay.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 1:11am On Jun 07, 2016
Hi @ computer boy and other techies in the house. I was hoping you guys could help me out. I am planning on getting a laptop but it will be after July 29 which is the expiring date for the windows 10 free upgrade and its likely to be a windows 8.1/8.1 pro os system.
Do I download the ISO file so as to be able to upgrade after July 29 and where do i download it from(good and not corrupted)?
And can i upgrade from 8.1(not pro) to 10 pro?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 2:05am On Jun 07, 2016
rawdpiper:
Hi @ computer boy and other techies in the house. I was hoping you guys could help me out. I am planning on getting a laptop but it will be after July 29 which is the expiring date for the windows 10 free upgrade and its likely to be a windows 8.1/8.1 pro os system.
Do I download the ISO file so as to be able to upgrade after July 29 and where do i download it from(good and not corrupted)?

You might be lucky to buy a laptop that has already been upgraded to windows 10.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 4:41am On Jun 07, 2016
rawdpiper:

Just go for a windows 10 laptop and save yourself a lot of stress.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.