Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,398 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (406951 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2016
computerboy:

First of all, uninstall all other Antivirus programs and use only windows defender. Then go to windows defender settings and add "exe" in the file extension exception list. You can also add a folder to be excluded during scanning
i've tried all that nothing work. Maybe formatting the laptop with all my file is the only way. And thanks.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by gideonjeta(m): 5:19pm On Aug 26, 2016
Computerboy, I recently got a new hp 255 g4 windows 10 laptop. I have been trying to activate office 365(Microsoft office) but it is asking of product key associated with Microsoft office.. A bit confused....Any suggestions to solve this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:05pm On Aug 26, 2016
gideonjeta:
Computerboy, I recently got a new hp 255 g4 windows 10 laptop. I have been trying to activate office 365(Microsoft office) but it is asking of product key associated with Microsoft office.. A bit confused....Any suggestions to solve this

If it's asking for product key then how have you been trying to activate it?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2016
Funny question...no bashing please
The caps lock key on my laptop keyboard is acting funny. I have this feeling that it might be dust cos I've not dusted it since I bought it. I'd love to dust it and do other examinations but...I don't know how to separate the keyboard from the laptop. Can you help?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2016
MasterRahl:
Funny question...no bashing please
The caps lock key on my laptop keyboard is acting funny. I have this feeling that it might be dust cos I've not dusted it since I bought it. I'd love to dust it and do other examinations but...I don't know how to separate the keyboard from the laptop. Can you help?

Just check it on YouTube. you'll get the video

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by gideonjeta(m): 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2016
computerboy:

If it's asking for product key then how have you been trying to activate it?

Thats is the problem, i tried making use of the product key i saw when i switch on the laptop for the first time to activate the windows 10. I tried to do the same for microsoft office(office 365) but it is still displaying insert product key. This is my first laptop so a bit of a novice in this aspect. sad
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 7:37am On Aug 28, 2016
gideonjeta:

Thats is the problem, i tried making use of the product key i saw when i switch on the laptop for the first time to activate the windows 10. I tried to do the same for microsoft office(office 365) but it is still displaying insert product key. This is my first laptop so a bit of a novice in this aspect. sad

You can't use same product key for both. How did you get the Office? Did you buy it or downloaded off the Internet?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nduxx(m): 9:11am On Aug 28, 2016
How long will it take to update to the latest windows 10? And what's the size?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by jboixxx: 10:34am On Aug 28, 2016
Computerboy, could you please help with Win10 activator (win10home edition)? The link- http://onhax.net/microsoft-toolkit-2-6-beta-5 you provided earlier returned error. Thanks.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nduxx(m): 10:42am On Aug 28, 2016
jboixxx:
Computerboy, could you please help with Win10 activator (win10home edition)? The link- http://onhax.net/microsoft-toolkit-2-6-beta-5 you provided earlier returned error. Thanks.
Search for windows 10 activator with Google, then in d search results, go to d YouTube link. Check there for the download link. It's d best way to download it.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:14am On Aug 28, 2016
jboixxx:

http://onhax.com/windows-10-activator/
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:15am On Aug 28, 2016
gideonjeta:

This will activate your office.
http://onhax.com/windows-10-activator/
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:16am On Aug 28, 2016
Nduxx:
How long will it take to update to the latest windows 10? And what's the size?

4gb
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Zane2point4(m): 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
@computerboy, thnx for ur very useful insight,its obvious ur a learned fellow, hv learnt alot frm dis forum.
Pls i recently got a hp dv7, 8gig ram, 1tb dikspace, dat came with a windows 8,though d previous owner downgraded to windows 7,according to him he said he like the version.
Then my question is, i want to upgrade to windows 10 but i am hearing issues frm ppl abt hp finger print simple pass which is very operational in windows 7 and 8 and d beats audio may not work with windows 10 ,i dnt wana loss dis two applications, so pls hv u heard of such issues b4?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
Zane2point4:
@computerboy, thnx for ur very useful insight,its obvious ur a learned fellow, hv learnt alot frm dis forum.
Pls i recently got a hp dv7, 8gig ram, 1tb dikspace, dat came with a windows 8,though d previous owner downgraded to windows 7,according to him he said he like the version.
Then my question is, i want to upgrade to windows 10 but i am hearing issues frm ppl abt hp finger print simple pass which is very operational in windows 7 and 8 and d beats audio may not work with windows 10 ,i dnt wana loss dis two applications, so pls hv u heard of such issues b4?

You'll definitely lose them after the upgrade but it's easy to get. Just go to hp website under the drivers download section, select your model and chose windows 8 as your OS. Then download the latest IDT audio driver (this will install your beats audio) and under the security, you'll see the simple pass software as well. You'll be good

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
computerboy:

Just check it on YouTube. you'll get the video
OK
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by beejay247: 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
@computerboy please can you help me with the product key of Microsoft office professional plus 2013 or something to activate it.

I messed up the initial product key and input another which I think is for a trial version. Since then it has been counting down.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by gideonjeta(m): 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
computerboy:

You can't use same product key for both. How did you get the Office? Did you buy it or downloaded off the Internet?

It is a new laptop..I did not buy the office nor download it. This is first time I want to use it, it is asking for product key for Microsoft office 2013 to be activated... Headache is I do not know where the key is or how to get Microsoft office product key to activate.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:16pm On Aug 29, 2016
beejay247:
@computerboy please can you help me with the product key of Microsoft office professional plus 2013 or something to activate it.

I messed up the initial product key and input another which I think is for a trial version. Since then it has been counting down.

I dropped a link on this page. Download it and use it to activate your office
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by jboixxx: 12:56am On Aug 30, 2016
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by beejay247: 4:02am On Aug 30, 2016
Lexusgs:

Product keys would not activate office, cause it would have been used multiple times and blocked.
Simply Google, download and use activators

Thanks bro...I thought as much

Please can you help with the link to a good activator link, my browser just keep warning of potential threat and some comes with ads
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by beejay247: 4:08am On Aug 30, 2016
computerboy:

I dropped a link on this page. Download it and use it to activate your office

Thanks bro.. Is this the link http://onhax.com/windows-10-activator/ ? I hope it won't have any effect on my window 10 like trying to activate it because it's activated already.. Sorry for bothering you
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
jboixxx:
thanks but file not available!
Wow. lemme check and update
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Kunkzi: 8:54am On Aug 31, 2016
One of the problem for Windows is that you can easily forgot windows 10 password. For windows local account, this can be fixed in a minute with windows password recovery software.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 9:24am On Aug 31, 2016
Computerboy i think its the keyboard, how much to change keyboard and can the mouse touchpad be change? Or maybe its dust
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:55am On Aug 31, 2016
Collinz2:
Computerboy i think its the keyboard, how much to change keyboard and can the mouse touchpad be change? Or maybe its dust

Keyboard deleting your exe files? Very unlikely. I insist it's software issue. I suspect you contacted a virus.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:56am On Aug 31, 2016
Kunkzi:
how to reset login password? it is a local account.

You have the password or you've forgotten it
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 10:48am On Aug 31, 2016
computerboy:

Keyboard deleting your exe files? Very unlikely. I insist it's software issue. I suspect you contacted a virus.
not about the exe files i mean i rencently told u my pc display something i did not do like activating narrator, display screen option to connect or add another screen (f4) and some keys dont work and it input any letter on my lock screen password field.

about the exe file deleting, i formatted (both drive c and d) the laptop yesterday and windows defender still deletes some exe files i backed up on my new flash drive (photoshop, office, 7zip, video converter, winrar), if i allow them on win def they wont install again. I have to add c and d drive to exclusion folder.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
Collinz2:
not about the exe files i mean i rencently told u my pc display something i did not do like activating narrator, display screen option to connect or add another screen (f4) and some keys dont work and it input any letter on my lock screen password field.

about the exe file deleting, i formatted (both drive c and d) the laptop yesterday and windows defender still deletes some exe files i backed up on my new flash drive (photoshop, office, 7zip, video converter, winrar), if i allow them on win def they wont install again. I have to add c and d drive to exclusion folder.

Ok. About the keyboard. I'm not current with the price. but budget 5-6k.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
How do i get to deal with that graphics display stuff that keeps saying Display driver just stopped but has been successfully repaired angry angry , i've updated my drivers but sometimes that stuff pops out especially when i want to enjoy FIFA!! angry angry....
Please Epp me embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.