Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (407764 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:55am On Oct 19, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:
Internal o
What's the system complaining of? Failed hard drive?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:56am On Oct 19, 2016
willjoe:
done that yet no changes. Wud apppreciate if i cud get it done

If you've updated your display driver then you wouldn't have that screenshot you uploaded. It still shows "Microsoft basic display adapter"

Connect to Internet, go to device manager and update the display. OR you can update it through windows update too
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
computerboy:

What's the system complaining of? Failed hard drive?

Yes....when i press f12 and try to bootup from there i cant find my hdd
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

Yes....when i press f12 and try to bootup from there i cant find my hdd

Put it in an external hard drive case and try it in another laptop. See if you can see it in disk management
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by willjoe: 7:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
computerboy:

If you've updated your display driver then you wouldn't have that screenshot you uploaded. It still shows "Microsoft basic display adapter"

Connect to Internet, go to device manager and update the display. OR you can update it through windows update too
tnx. I'll try n feed u back
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 7:28am On Oct 20, 2016
Computerboy abeg can u remind me how to turn off/on automatic updates, thanks.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 12:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
Lexusgs:

Click on settings - update & security - windows update - advanced options - defer feature updates
For Win10
Thanks
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 8:53am On Oct 21, 2016
computerboy:

You sure you shut it down very well last night? After shutting down, always allow your PC to go off before closing the lid. It's safer.

Might be that the boot options in bios was tempered with
1. Unplug all drives and anything external, before booting
2. Remove any CD in the CD-ROM

If all fail then get a windows disk and repair your OS

Hope i don't have a problem.

I'll be hibernating my PC for the remaining days of the year.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 8:54am On Oct 21, 2016
computerboy:

You sure you shut it down very well last night? After shutting down, always allow your PC to go off before closing the lid. It's safer.

Might be that the boot options in bios was tempered with
1. Unplug all drives and anything external, before booting
2. Remove any CD in the CD-ROM

If all fail then get a windows disk and repair your OS
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:26am On Oct 21, 2016
Olarewajub:

Hope i don't have a problem.

I'll be hibernating my PC for the remaining days of the year.

Lol. ...I don't think I've seen anyone who hibernate more than me because I always have unfinished works open on my desktop.

The thing is to always make sure all lights on your PC goes off before closing the lid. It's not dangerous if you don't do it but it's safer

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by glounitedfan(m): 1:25am On Oct 24, 2016
Slim PS3 console for sale. 160GB,one pad and PES2016. contact 08107433680

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by darlingnuel(m): 8:04am On Oct 24, 2016
Lexusgs:

Click on settings - update & security - windows update - advanced options - defer feature updates
For Win10
No option to defer update on Win10 home premium. Havent seen that before
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by darlingnuel(m): 8:19am On Oct 24, 2016
After successfully upgrading normally to anniversary version, my pc has failed to download subsequent cumulative updates presented. Takes forever to check updates. after displaying updates, it shows 0% downloading, then the list of available updates starts disappearing one after d other. The updates gets stuck at 0% for hours. This has been ongoing for 2weeks. I've performed Windows update troubleshooting, I've used command prompt to adjust the update system, I've disabled antivirus and firewall, I've removed batteries, I've rebooted severally... I've done all I could but none has yielded positive results. Store works fine. Internet is good. A peep into drive C shows that I now have these two folders "softwaredistribution" and "softwaredistribution.old".

@computerboy and other gurus, save a brother from Windows 10 heart attack
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
darlingnuel:
No option to defer update on Win10 home premium. Havent seen that before

Here you go.................................

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 1:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
darlingnuel:
After successfully upgrading normally to anniversary version, my pc has failed to download subsequent cumulative updates presented. Takes forever to check updates. after displaying updates, it shows 0% downloading, then the list of available updates starts disappearing one after d other. The updates gets stuck at 0% for hours. This has been ongoing for 2weeks. I've performed Windows update troubleshooting, I've used command prompt to adjust the update system, I've disabled antivirus and firewall, I've removed batteries, I've rebooted severally... I've done all I could but none has yielded positive results. Store works fine. Internet is good. A peep into drive C shows that I now have these two folders "softwaredistribution" and "softwaredistribution.old".

@computerboy and other gurus, save a brother from Windows 10 heart attack

Delete those two folders. They should be in C:/Windows
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Gistedwap: 12:11pm On Oct 29, 2016
Checkout How to Stop windows automatic update on Windows 10 here

http://www.gistedwap.ml/2016/08/how-to-stop-automatic-update-on-your.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2016
PES 2017 has been cracked!!!
Just for those interested wink
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 4:48pm On Oct 29, 2016
computerboy:
PES 2017 has been cracked!!!

Just for those interested wink

My son would love it. Oga point me in the direction >>>>>>
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 7:17pm On Oct 29, 2016
Lexusgs430:

My son would love it. Oga point me in the direction >>>>>>
https://www.nairaland.com/post/50591410
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2016
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Downloading already. Thank you
Just download pes galaxy patch immediately. Happy playing cheesy

Sidenote: You said the game is for your son? shocked Are you that old?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 8:39pm On Oct 29, 2016
computerboy:

Just download pes galaxy patch immediately. Happy playing cheesy

Sidenote: You said the game is for your son? shocked Are you that old?

Yes, very old..........
NB: My son is 18
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:40am On Oct 30, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Yes, very old.......... NB: My son is 18
Wow! And you're still tech savvy. I love that
Meanwhile my own son would be a yr by 2020 cheesy

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 9:04am On Oct 30, 2016
computerboy:

Wow! And you're still tech savvy. I love that

Meanwhile my own son would be a yr by 2020 cheesy

2020 ke? Be like say you and our politicians, get vision 2020...........
Technology illiteracy cannot be allowed......... The young ones move, the older ones move too...... We cannot fit shout........ .....
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DavisBloom(m): 11:54am On Oct 30, 2016
Please help, my laptop, the fn+ airplane key, fn+play n some few others ain't working
Dunno if it's driver Problem or smtin else
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2016
DavisBloom:
Please help, my laptop, the fn+ airplane key, fn+play n some few others ain't working
Dunno if it's driver Problem or smtin else

Is brightness control working? What's the laptop model?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DavisBloom(m): 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
computerboy:

Is brightness control working? What's the laptop model?
Yes
Lenovo Y700-17isk
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2016
DavisBloom:

Yes
Lenovo Y700-17isk

I'll suggest you try external keyboard to see if it's your keyboard that spoilt also you can Google up the problem and check Lenovo forum
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DavisBloom(m): 1:40pm On Oct 31, 2016
computerboy:

I'll suggest you try external keyboard to see if it's your keyboard that spoilt also you can Google up the problem and check Lenovo forum
The keyboard is ok, cos That particular key is F5 which is working
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2016
DavisBloom:

The keyboard is ok, cos That particular key is F5 which is working

Then Google it up. It's obviously a driver problem

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.