Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (407742 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
webninja:
Which do you recommend for a 2gb ram, intel core 2 duo laptop upgrade to Windows 10: 32bit or 64bit windows 10?

Go for 32 bit
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by jboixxx: 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2017
Bobbyunitedfc:

didnt even see any page to change mode....beside i heard x7 is too hard for beginners
Right click on the .exe file and select properties. Select Windows7 from the drop-down list, apply and Enter. Then run it again.
Corel x7 is very interesting! Explore and enjoy it
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by maxkenny: 1:52am On Feb 25, 2017
Hi computerboy..I downloaded microsoft-outlook 2013 and 2016 on my system (Dell xps Intel 5 500gig x10 PRO) but I can't access any of them...pls what can I do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:25am On Feb 25, 2017
maxkenny:
Hi computerboy..I downloaded microsoft-outlook 2013 and 2016 on my system (Dell xps Intel 5 500gig x10 PRO) but I can't access any of them...pls what can I do

I don't think you downloaded the right file. Go and download Microsoft office suite. It will contain all the packages you need

http://getintopc.com/softwares/office-tools/download-office-2016-proplus-3264-iso-jan-2017-updates/
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by kmajay: 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2017
Really nice post shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by AliciaALI: 5:08am On Feb 27, 2017
computerboy:

Yes. The OS embedded with updates. You can use it for clean install (formatting) as well

Or you can simply clone, or backup updates by file sync update files. Then you can save a lot of tedious works.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by severus(m): 3:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A LOT OF MONEY EVEN IN THIS RECESSION? OWN A WEBSITE LIKE MMM OR ULTIMATE CYCLER AS AN ADMIN AND MAKE SO MUCH MONEY. DESIGN AND SETUP FEES ARE VERY CHEAP AND YOU CAN OWN YOURS IN JUST DAYS. BUZZ ME 08166459353 AND START EARNING TODAY.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 1:05am On Mar 04, 2017
Computerboy abeg wtf is this svchost and how do i block it from accessing my network??
This thing has been sapping my data for a few months now and its really starting to annoy me.
I only know its a system process but if i can delete it completely from my pc without any severe damages, i no mind....

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:11am On Mar 04, 2017
Lana1:
Computerboy abeg wtf is this svchost and how do i block it from accessing my network??
This thing has been sapping my data for a few months now and its really starting to annoy me.
I only know its a system process but if i can delete it completely from my pc without any severe damages, i no mind....

As you rightly said it's a system process, responsible for Windows update. I guess you're using windows 10 hence it consumes that much data. Follow this guide to disable it.

Go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services - search for BITS and Stop the service by right clicking on it then click on stop.

Or alternatively you can use command prompt which is easier.

Run command prompt as administrator and put this code
net stop BITS then press enter.

Whenever you want to update windows you need to enable it again with
net start BITS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2017
computerboy:

As you rightly said it's a system process, responsible for Windows update. I guess you're using windows 10 hence it consumes that much data. Follow this guide to disable it.
Yh. Am on Windows 10

Go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services - search for BITS and Stop the service by right clicking on it then click on stop.

Or alternatively you can use command prompt which is easier.

Run command prompt as administrator and put this code
net stop BITS then press enter.

Whenever you want to update windows you need to enable it again with
net start BITS
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by kenny2osh(m): 4:55am On Mar 09, 2017
Windows 10 does not recognize my android devices and its really annoying...any fix for this??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bamidele539: 7:51am On Mar 10, 2017
Papas n gurus in the house i hail you all, i wanna knw d steps and procedures on aw to make use of whatsapp on my laptop {HP elitebook 8530p} 4gb ram, 250HDD, because i av already downloaded whatsapp, and its not giving me the access to scan the barcode, thanks for ur responses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 5:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
Bamidele539:
Papas n gurus in the house i hail you all, i wanna knw d steps and procedures on aw to make use of whatsapp on my laptop {HP elitebook 8530p} 4gb ram, 250HDD, because i av already downloaded whatsapp, and its not giving me the access to scan the barcode, thanks for ur responses

https://web.whatsapp.com/
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by NOBLEstag(m): 8:23pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hello, computerboy. I use windows 8.1 and recently, I've been receiving alerts that my windows license is about to expire. So I decided to upgrade to windows 10. How do I go about it?

Note: I use Acer Aspire E14.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 7:05am On Mar 11, 2017
NOBLEstag:
Hello, computerboy. I use windows 8.1 and recently, I've been receiving alerts that my windows license is about to expire. So I decided to upgrade to windows 10. How do I go about it?

Note: I use Acer Aspire E14.

Ok. So do you want to renew your windows 8.1 license or you really like windows 10?

To upgrade, download your preferred iso file on front page and use it to upgrade. Upgrading over the Internet will kill your data and time too
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 7:09am On Mar 11, 2017
kenny2osh:
Windows 10 does not recognize my android devices and its really annoying...any fix for this??

Definitely driver problem. Download and Install your phone drivers or install from them device manager
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by NOBLEstag(m): 12:20pm On Mar 11, 2017
computerboy:

Ok. So do you want to renew your windows 8.1 license or you really like windows 10?

To upgrade, download your preferred iso file on front page and use it to upgrade. Upgrading over the Internet will kill your data and time too

Will it work even if your windows is not activated? 'Cus mine is not. My windows came pre-installed from the retailer.

And someone advised me to just purchase a software copy. What's your view?

Thank you.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 12:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
NOBLEstag:

Will it work even if your windows is not activated? 'Cus mine is not. My windows came pre-installed from the retailer.

And someone advised me to just purchase a software copy. What's your view?

Thank you.

Yes it will work if you use the ISO file. You'll then activate the windows 10 after installation with an activator.

But if you want to support Microsoft then you could buy original windows license for $20 or there about
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by NOBLEstag(m): 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2017
computerboy:

Yes it will work if you use the ISO file. You'll then activate the windows 10 after installation with an activator.

But if you want to support Microsoft then you could buy original windows license for $20 or there about

Thank you.

If I'm to activate the windows I'm using right now, which activator is best and how do I go about it?

I'm pretty much a novice, sorry.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2017
NOBLEstag:

Thank you.

If I'm to activate the windows I'm using right now, which activator is best and how do I go about it?

I'm pretty much a novice, sorry.

there are many activators but I use KMSAUTO lite. You can Google it to download the latest version
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Fedric(m): 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2017
computerboy. i need a laptop. should be cori3, 5000hdd, 4g,
how much does it cost?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 3:34pm On Mar 11, 2017
Fedric:
computerboy. i need a laptop. should be cori3, 5000hdd, 4g,

how much does it cost?

Chat me up brother. I have exactly what you need. Depending on model it'll cost you 75-90k
Contacts in my signature
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by NOBLEstag(m): 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
computerboy:

there are many activators but I use KMSAUTO lite. You can Google it to download the latest version

Thanks, boss.

I have successfully upgraded from windows 8.1pro to 10pro.
What are the requirements I am to make to ensure smooth running?

Things I have noticed:

1. Serious drainage of data
2. Battery life span shortened.

Are updates necessary? If they are, how much megabytes would they cost?

My pes17 does not respond anymore. Keeps giving "the video card does not have necessary specs (GPU:VRAM 512MB)"

And please, explain the term "driver" to me

Sorry for these many questions, boss. I'm truly a novice. Read from the first page and all looked like Chinese. Thank you, again.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:13am On Mar 12, 2017
NOBLEstag:

Thanks, boss.

I have successfully upgraded from windows 8.1pro to 10pro.
What are the requirements I am to make to ensure smooth running?

Things I have noticed:

1. Serious drainage of data
2. Battery life span shortened.

Are updates necessary? If they are, how much megabytes would they cost?

My pes17 does not respond anymore. Keeps giving "the video card does not have necessary specs (GPU:VRAM 512MB)"

And please, explain the term "driver" to me

Sorry for these many questions, boss. I'm truly a novice. Read from the first page and all looked like Chinese. Thank you, again.

You have a lot to do. First of all, get a very strong network and run your windows update. This should download all compatible drivers missing and other updates. You'll equally noticed battery improvement after the updates and your PES will start playing. The whole update can gulp up to 3gb. It varies from laptop to laptop

After that you can turn off automatic updates and windows live tiles to save data.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by grudges: 1:31pm On Mar 12, 2017
computerboy:

You have a lot to do. First of all, get a very strong network and run your windows update. This should download all compatible drivers missing and other updates. You'll equally noticed battery improvement after the updates and your PES will start playing. The whole update can gulp up to 3gb. It varies from laptop to laptop

After that you can turn off automatic updates and windows live tiles to save data.
i beg me too I want to uodate my systen but I dont know the susbcription dat can download over 3gb, I need ur suggestion
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2017
grudges:

i beg me too I want to uodate my systen but I dont know the susbcription dat can download over 3gb, I need ur suggestion

You can use mtn or airtel night bundle. It's not a single download so even if you have 500mb you can do some and do the rest later
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by NOBLEstag(m): 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2017
computerboy:

All right. I will try and do that, thanks.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by grudges: 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2017
computerboy:

You can use mtn or airtel night bundle. It's not a single download so even if you have 500mb you can do some and do the rest later
Yes, u r genius, tnx.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2017
There is a Windows 10 setup i see software vendors selling in discs. Is that setup genuine?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:24pm On Mar 14, 2017
Vorpal:
There is a Windows 10 setup i see software vendors selling in discs. Is that setup genuine?

Nope
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Inkredible(m): 1:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
computerboy

I tested a pc controller (those ps looking black pads) on my windows 10 laptop but it didn't work. I have being using Xbox for windows controller on it before and it worked well but I forgot it when I traveled prompting me to source for the conventional pad.

Could it be as a result of Windows 10 or what?

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.