Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:34 PM

$15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue (37932 Views)

Arms Deal: Why We’ve Not Invited Jonathan – EFCC Boss / NASS Probes Uncover $15bn Oil Fraud / Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

$15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
Nigeria’s former Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, on Wednesday, chided the Indian High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr. Ajjampur Ghanashyam, over his allegations that as former minister, Alison-Madueke ‘sat’ on a $15 billion oil deal.

Alison-Madueke who spoke through her lawyers, Messers Chike Amobi and Co., dismissed the allegations, describing it as spurious, unfounded and libelous.

Diezani Alison-Madueke

According to her, the High commissioner, Mr. Ghanashyam’s acrimony towards her is due to the refusal of the Federal Government of Nigeria to allow the Indian company, Oil and Gas Commission Videsh Limited (OVL), default on its contractual obligation to provide a $6 billion investment, (around RS36, 600 crore) in an 180,000 barrels (bpd) Greenfield refinery and 2,000 megawatt power plant or railway line from East to West of Nigeria.

In a release made to journalists in Abuja on behalf of the former minister, she said the publication by Mr. Ajjampur R. Ghanashyam to the effect that she delayed the approval of oil concession to twin Indian companies, Oil and Gas Commission Videsh Limited (OVL) and Mittal Energy International JV, OMEL (MITTAL) in 2006, after receiving a $25,000,000.00 signature bonus, is spurious, false and lacking in substance.

Madueke clarified that she was not the Minister of Petroleum Resources in 2006 when the said Indian companies entered into contractual agreement with the Federal Government and as such wouldn’t have received any signature bonus either as citizen or minister of the Federal Republic.

She also said she had no personal reason to sit on the contract just as she wondered why the High Commissioner would “choose to malign and attack her rather than commend her acting dispassionately in recommending for refund of the said signature bonus to the Indians when the matter was brought to her attention at the twilight of her tenure as minister.”

“When the issue of the request for refund, made by OVL, was re-presented to me in May 2015, I immediately prepared and dispatched a letter dated 13th May, 2015, Ref #: PI.LM/3900/S.693/Vol.1/78b, to former President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GCFR), recommending for the refund of the said signature bonus in compliance with the relevant and extant laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which requires such approvals to be granted by the President, and implemented by the Federal Ministry of Finance.”

Mrs. Madueke further explained that the Federal Government voided the contract with OVL because the company wanted the Federal Government of Nigeria to waive the commitments they made during the bidding process which included investing $6 billion (around RS 36,600 crore) in an 180,000 barrels per day (bpd) greenfield refinery, a 2000 megawatt power plant or a railway line from East to West of Nigeria, all of which were considered in granting the concession in the first place.

On the allegation that the Indian High Commission to Nigeria suggested that contrary to global best practices in the industry, Mrs. Alison-Madueke used intermediaries to receive payment for crude oil transactions with India, clearly imputing a fraudulent ill-feeling to the former minister’s operation, she explained that the contract in question was a government to government crude oil sales transaction with established procedures which predates her tenure as minister.

She also said that the established procedure stipulates that the buying country, in this case India, selects and presents a local company as its agent to transact on its behalf as it is never the responsibility of selling country to select or nominate a company for the buying country.

She maintained that Nigeria never dictated nor suggested any intermediary or marketing company for India for the purposes of the said transaction.

“Apparently, the Indian High Commission to Nigerian mischievously obfuscated these facts to malign the former Nigerian Petroleum Minister whilst not disclosing that it was a government to government crude sales transaction,” the statement said.

The former Minister disclosed that what Mr. Ajjampur R. Ghanashyam neglected to inform Nigerians is that the oil concession was not granted to Oil and Gas Commission Videsh Limited (OVL) and Mittal Energy International JV, OMEL (MITTAL) due to inability of their subsidiary EMO Exploration and Production to meet cash obligation.

According to the lawyers acting on behalf of the minister, “Mr. Ajjampur R. Ghanashyam’s acrimony towards our client is due to the refusal of the Federal Government of Nigeria to allow OVL default on its contractual obligation to Nigeria in the case of:

A $ 6 billion investment, (around RS 36, 600 crore) in an 180,000 barrels (bpd) Greenfield refinery.
2,000 megawatt power plant or railway line from East to West of Nigeria.”

Mrs. Alison-Madueke said as a diplomat, the Indian High Commissioner who should foster bilateral and multilateral relations between his country and Nigeria, belittled “such a lofty position by officiously spreading false and misleading information calculated to malign Nigerian public officials , a conduct unbecoming of a foreign diplomat.

Indian-High-Commissioner-Ajjampur-Ghanashyam-when-he-paid-a-courtesy-call-on-President-Muhammadu-Buhari-recently

“We believe the conduct of Mr. Ajjampur R. Ghanashyam is aimed at damaging our client’s reputation for her insistence on protecting the interests of the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and for not acceding to inappropriate requests of his country to be relieved of its contractual obligations to Nigeria.

“Based on the falsity and unfounded allegations against our client, we firmly but humbly request an unequivocal apology and a complete retraction of the libelous statements from Mr. Ajjampur R. Ghanashyam against our client.”

Mrs. Madueke advised Mr. Ajjampur R. Ghanashyam to govern his future conduct accordingly to prevent the possibility of reoccurrence of any other events that could potentially diminish the exalted office of a diplomat he represents.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/15bn-oil-deal-why-indian-high-commissioner-is-after-me-alison-madueke/

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
Lalasticlala, abeg look into this matter.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by wellmax(m): 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
Issokay. Accusation and counter accusations.
I don't like this woman, but she is making some valid points. I don't trust those indians.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by ayokunlei(m): 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jesus loves you!
Give your Life to Him today!
Rapture is real smileyl smiley

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by cjrane: 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
[size=18pt]INDIANS ARE ALWAYS CORRUPT....

I HOPE THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA INVESTIGATE THE CORRUPT PRACTICES OF THEIR NIGERIAN AMBASSADOR
[/size]

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by phyllosilicate(m): 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
Chai! Even Barrack Obama is after you.

My fellow Nairalanders, am I the only one that have noticed that since Buhari became president, those Ghanians no longer come here to insult us?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Lwkmd.. I swear...

Even Vladimir Putin and Merkel Angela too.

8 Likes

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by Jman06(m): 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
We know you are innocent ma'am!

Don't mind those APC touts crushing on you like say love na by force.
Them no fit do jack!

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by veekid(m): 8:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
h
Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by osaslord500(m): 8:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
Fashi dat long story jare, u don commit

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by PERFECT2(m): 8:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
Interviewer: spell schweinsteiger & Schneiderlin. Job seeker: Oga jst tell me job no dey

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by Segadem(m): 8:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by Segadem(m): 8:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jman06:
We know you are innocent ma'am!

Don't mind those APC touts crushing on you like say love na by force.
Them no fit do jack!
Birds of the same...

13 Likes

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by LatestTrend: 8:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
No smoke without fire grin

15 Billion Dollars ? Chai !! grin

And some person never know wetin hin go chop tonite.

Chai grin

Say it again tongue

Chai grin

10 Likes

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by Segadem(m): 8:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
phyllosilicate:
u mean Osama?
Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hmmm... Yea right, Fan of GEJ, but this woman, I don't trust her one bit.

4 Likes

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by Tonnniey: 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
I tot this woman was hospitalized because she had cancer??

4 Likes

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by Pavore9: 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
We are observing.
Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by Dafkelvin222(m): 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
This land is not for sale This land is not for sale coolThis land is not for sale This land is not for sale
Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by ebamma(m): 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
Madam wake up from hospital bed and come and answer for your crimes,

It's people like you's greed that has kept this country where it is,

I always tell my friends, give me 500 million naira, and I will retire to my village,

But even 10billion no dey do people like una,

7 Likes

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 02, 2015
Corruption is systemic in this cunt...ry....make unu kwantinu.....there is God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 02, 2015
Don't what to believe..

To make it simple,she and the indians should be prosecuted then.

Accusation and counter accusation,one thing is certain,there was exchange of money..

2 Likes

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by kennyddonn(m): 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2015
we know all said about u are spurious,
unfounded and libelous

but plsssss

come out from ur

HIDDING.

aaaaaah speaking tru lawyer everytime.....

1 Like

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by DankemzI(m): 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2015
Madam o!
For the fact that you bought 5 bullet proof cars, when Nigerians are dying of hunger and starvation! You deserve the death sentence

7 Likes

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by IYANGBALI: 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
ayokunlei:
Jesus loves you!
Give your Life to Him today!
Rapture is real smileyl smiley
wetin happen I no see your name in the book of life?

3 Likes

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by slimmyjimmy(m): 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
E no concern me o. Bllll
Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by agoadiv(m): 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
even boko haram is after u sef

1 Like

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by Jwhizzy(m): 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
She's now well enough to respond?

4 Likes

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by odinese(m): 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
.bla bla bla..
Everybody knows u are a big thief..

2 Likes

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by atlwireles: 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
Indians, worst business criminals in Nigeria after Lebanese.

11 Likes

Re: $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue by warrior01: 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
O baby, I talk am say you dey innocent but these propaganda people no wan let rest for me. Don't worry, Jehovah God will fight these battle for as He fought for our dear sister Oduah.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Lands In Mali On A Peace Mission / Message From A Soldier From Warri To His Niger Delta People About Okuoma Killing / Tinubu and Shettima Meet NANS On ASUU Strike, To Meet ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.