Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" (6145 Views)

**the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by esoorita: 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
spyder880:
Ladies and Gentlemen, we are gathering here to build yet another solid structure for another nairaland follower. We have just got another contract to build a cool 4 bedroom duplex in Owerri, Imo state. The details of the project are as follows.

Project: Construction of a 4 bedroom duplex
Client: A nairalander
Contractor: Tigerkenn Homes Ltd.
Budget: To be announced later
Duration: 100 days.

Please join us as we storm this site and make it as lively and as transparent as possible, putting safety and best practices as our primary objective. We are already talking with suppliers, sinking borehole, clearing the site and assembling a team of workers.

Spyder, Congratulations! still going from strength to strength due to your honesty and professionalism in your undertakings. The cowboy builders on Nairaland should borrow a leaf (or two) from people like you. Keep up the good work and the money and fulfilment will follow for sure.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
smiley001:

Congrats sir.

esoorita:

Spyder, Congratulations! still going from strength to strength due to your honesty and professionalism in your undertakings. The cowboy builders on Nairaland should borrow a leaf (or two) from people like you. Keep up the good work and the money and fulfilment will follow for sure.

Thank you my people.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by erico2k2(m): 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
spyder880:

Thank you my people.
Congrats on this new opportunity. I'm in class.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by zeestone99(m): 9:04pm On Sep 08, 2015
spyder880:
Ladies and Gentlemen, we are gathering here to build yet another solid structure for another nairaland follower. We have just got another contract to build a cool 4 bedroom duplex in Owerri, Imo state. The details of the project are as follows.

Please join us as we storm this site and make it as lively and as transparent as possible, putting safety and best practices as our primary objective. We are already talking with suppliers, sinking borehole, clearing the site and assembling a team of workers.

For ur solar/inverter installations call us on 08117398294, or email Info@monzpowersolutions.com... We sell and install different ranges of inverters and solar panels such as xantrex, sukam, bluegate, morning star,... Industrial installation also available of up to 100kva

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by skimmer01(m): 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
congratulations my boss
spyder880:

Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:15am On Sep 09, 2015
skimmer01:
congratulations my boss

erico2k2:

Congrats on this new opportunity. I'm in class.

Thank you bros.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by amazinghomez09: 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Congrats boss
Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
amazinghomez09:
Congrats boss

Thank you my brother.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by Griffen(m): 7:33pm On Sep 10, 2015
hello, greetings to you all my dear brothers in the house. and to you sir @spyder880.. i have been constructing a 5 bedroom bungalow in benin city, for a short while now and i need answers on some questions from any one. especially @spyder880. at first the previous contractor i hired did not add any pillars around the house except that at the front. we didnt go quite well so i changed, i and the second contractor, then made some few changes, we agreed on making the pillars a total of 14 up to the short level awaiting to be completed..but my major concern at this point is, what type of gravel should i use to complete these pillars? please correct me if i am wrong as i am new to this, should i go with the regular brown type of gravel which was used on the 14 pillars up to the short level, or should i go with the stone dust, or half inches, or 3 quarter type? please help me. because i am very worried, i need a very solid house in case of the future...especially cracks, i am very scared of cracks, it is like a bad dream to me seeing cracks on people's walls. please help me some one on making the right decision. and also, i have the pictures below, please every one take a look, tell me what you think of the work done so far, tell me what to do next. tell me if there is any correction to be made. i need critics, so as to make this structure a solid one. God bless you all.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by mufutau55(m): 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
Griffen:
hello, greetings to you all my dear brothers in the house. and to you sir @spyder880.. i have been constructing a 5 bedroom bungalow in benin city, for a short while now and i need answers on some questions from any one. especially @spyder880. at first the previous contractor i hired did not add any pillars around the house except that at the front. we didnt go quite well so i changed, i and the second contractor, then made some few changes, we agreed on making the pillars a total of 14 up to the short level awaiting to be completed..but my major concern at this point is, what type of gravel should i use to complete these pillars? please correct me if i am wrong as i am new to this, should i go with the regular brown type of gravel which was used on the 14 pillars up to the short level, or should i go with the stone dust, or half inches, or 3 quarter type? please help me. because i am very worried, i need a very solid house in case of the future...especially cracks, i am very scared of cracks, it is like a bad dream to me seeing cracks on people's walls. please help me some one on making the right decision. and also, i have the pictures below, please every one take a look, tell me what you think of the work done so far, tell me what to do next. tell me if there is any correction to be made. i need critics, so as to make this structure a solid one. God bless you all.

Ultimate decision is why you are adding pillars... I will urge you to spend a little more and use Granites... (but that is me).

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by Griffen(m): 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2015
more pictures. the builders will continue working by monday because of the ongoing strike among the tiper drivers...please i need advises, critics anything i can get. because i seem to be worried because i do not spare any expense or do management on this building, i even double most of the materials and even the pillars were just 8 before but i made them 14..
Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by Griffen(m): 7:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
thank you for your comment @Haji. are the pillars too much? from what you see in the pictures, am i going the right way?
mufutau55:

Ultimate decision is why you are adding pillars... I will urge you to spend a little more and use Granites... (but that is me).

Hajji M.

Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by mufutau55(m): 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
Griffen:
thank you for your comment @Haji. are the pillars too much? from what you see in the pictures, am i going the right way?

NO. 14 Pillars are not much as long as they placed at a strategic places. And Yes, pillars are always good, even for the bungalows.
Your Architect should be able to advise you on where to place them.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by Griffen(m): 8:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
thank you so much for the comment Sir Haji.. i'm deeply sorry to disturb you oh, but from the picture's i uploaded, the work done so far is accurate/neat right? as i really hope to get even more comments..
mufutau55:

NO. 14 Pillars are not much as long as they placed at a strategic places. And Yes, pillars are always good, even for the bungalows.
Your Architect should be able to advise you on where to place them.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by Samsamjaja: 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2015
Oga spider, I have been following your tread for a long time and I must confess that I have derived a lot of inspiration from you. I got an architectural drawing from one of my cousins last year for an eight bedroom duplex but I have been afried to start for fear of not completing it but following your tread, I have gathered the confidence and the inspiration to start. Thanks soo much. I am waiting patiently to see foundation work of this your new project. I personally owe you much.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by sonety2k(m): 6:41am On Oct 10, 2015
spyder880:

Oga Spyder .........,,.Congratulations on your new project.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:21am On Oct 29, 2015
Ladies and gentlemen, We have not been working on this site because the owner of the house changed his mind on the location of this land and on the type of building he wants. We now agreed to build a block of 6 flats on the new land acquired.

I think I will need to open another thread, or modify this thread to reflect what the new contract spells out. We might begin the new block of flats anytime from now. Thanks.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 8:01am On Nov 04, 2015
This is the new land we bought in replacement of the earlier one. We plan to start a 6 flats house here soonest.

Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 8:05am On Nov 04, 2015
This new land is in a developed area of Owerri, measuring 100 x 100 but not a square shape.

Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by nigeriancuban: 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2015
oga spydaman,jeje dey spin your web oo...I'm steadily following this trend....

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by abbyode(m): 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2015
Oga spyder, please note that we are available for Electrical design, wiring and installation. Will be glad to work with you. We can be reached on 08058100475 (whatsapp) or email abioduno@homcontechnologies.com . We are COREN certified so you can be sure you are in a safe hands. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 30, 2015
Nice work @spyder880.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri 4 Bedroom Duplex" by eazyway212: 3:48pm On May 29, 2017
For your soil tests ; contact me, Engr. Ezekiel@ 08060244464.....We deliver in all types of soil tests

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scorpion House: My Experience / Fayose, Tinubu's Children Top Richest Nigerian Kids / New Architectural Design Needed(private Residence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.