Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe (27837 Views)

Vandora: Meet Vanessa Williams, BBNaija Housemate, Biography / Legend Extra Stout To Sponsor Big Brother Naija Double Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by MadCow1: 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

This one still found a way to bring yoruba into it. shey dem swear for una ni

Is Wale and Urhobo name?
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
MadCow1:

Is Wale and Urhobo name?

So are you the only one who knows wale is a yoruba name?
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by nextstep(m): 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
TOPCRUISE:
This wont sell. Waiting for the legend of Baba suwe

Well, rather than think whether or not it will sell, I just bought 2 print copies. One to share with my children, and another as a collector's item.
This is very exciting and there are lots of us who have been wishing for authentic, homegrown, relevant superheroes that we can proudly call our own, and that our children will identify with. Can't wait for the animated series, and I hope this inspires other artists to follow their dreams, no matter the naysayers and the critics. 10 years from now, Nigerian comics and anime might become a big part of Nigeria's cultural output, alongside Nollywood.

Abeg click like if you go buy your own. If not, eh, kuku click like.
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Learn to ignore shallow ppl n their statemnts...
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by MadCow1: 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

So are you the only one who knows wale is a yoruba name?

Well I don't have a herd reasoning.. I spotted it and pointed it out?
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by morbeta(m): 5:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
I hope his father will not infect the superhero will corruptissarososisi syndrome
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by morbeta(m): 5:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
I hope his father will not infect the superhero will corruptissarososis syndrome
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by nextstep(m): 5:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
MadCow1:

Yoruba Superhero....

Aareonakakanfo:

Nigga Puleeeeeze!

It can't be helped. The hero is Nigerian, with a Nigerian name. If he'd chosen a name from another region in Nigeria, surely somebody would protest/point it out.
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
superbloke:

You just reminded me of my brother back in the day. Gifted artist. He created several superhero characters. Thought he would become a comic book artist or something. He's an accountant today.

Another brother came up with a story similar to yours. A gorilla-like humanoid race that have lived secretly in the forests of West Africa for centuries, with advanced technology mixed with mystic powers. They were discovered by a certain archeologist who stumbled upon their hidden city of Agulan. It was more like a chronicle of how they came to be open to the rest of the world, acceptance and the power play between them and humans.

God knows how much creative talent have died in this country.

Wow nice one there bro,maybe we could make an origin story of our various heroes and mash em together like the avengers or justice league.
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by simdam500(m): 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nigerians and Nigerian kids would be much more smarter if we read comic book too, I remember when I used to read super strika,

It make students think smart and the graphical pix can be inspiring plus you could pass positive message to kids through it but now even the text books that ought to pass the positive message are now pirated
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by iammrjohnson(m): 7:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
you are practising hypocrisy,ma

there's more harm in making your kids not know such exists in their home land..i dislike africa magic but not for your stated reason

this is just like sex education,it's better you enlighten your kids asbout it and let them know right from wrong than hide the wrong from them.

how do you expect your kids to handle african related situations/ life experiences?

juju is part of africa,like it or not..and you and i are from here.. people invent according to their society and i wonder what society your kids belong to
VANENON:

We have so much inside of us. We do not need all this juju stuff in our lives to achieve great things.. In my house we do not watch African magic and the likes because I don't want my children to even know such exists. What you need is your brain, determination, hard work, positive attitude and prayers. Why should juju be portrayed as the source of his power, is that what we want children to aspire for/to?

Why does negativity increase because we project it as good to the young ones. In this case you want to portray juju as the source of his power.
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by amaka42(f): 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
Na wao
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by BraniacX(m): 7:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
sammyj:
Where is the self acclaimed Bast*rd Okupe the king and originator of Wailers ? grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2739269_clvrh3ow8aawwho_jpegb9410a887cc29efdba8c24c0caffdad6

Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by guiddoti: 10:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
Good job bro.
clap for ya
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
Chestar5:
Wow, cant wait to get my hands on d comic book or watch it cheesy
ppls get ur hands on me first grin
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by brainiac5(m): 1:02am On Sep 04, 2015
Actually superheroes are not things dat relate to d nigerian or african lifestyle. Maybe something like an antihero. Or someone like walter white would have been better
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by Nobody: 4:35am On Sep 04, 2015
Canme4u:
Lobish hope this Legend would also kick his father's ass and his brother in corruption FFK and their heroe stealing is not corruption.
Why u foolish like this sef?
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by Chestar5(f): 7:23am On Sep 04, 2015
shadowgwalker:
ppls get ur hands on me first grin

lol grin, for where
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by scarr: 8:12am On Sep 04, 2015
youmour:
Good attempt but kinda felt abit like iron man,would make some sense if the powers where some juju/jazz or something that really reflects Naija/Africa,something like hulk would have made mad sense,pip a monstrous dark skinned hulk,his mother died while giving birth to him and he's father died some weeks before.so all his life has been from ophanages to ophanages,for some odd reason he was never adopted,he just turned 16yrs old and knew he probably wouldnt get a home,so he ran off.started doing petty jobs on the streets,became a conductor,hawked gala,sold recharge cards.until one fateful day he was hungry and broke and saw a well prepared meal in a calabash by the road side,without thinking he dived in and ate the food clean,after which he passed out,he got transcended into the spiritual where he saw he's father who told him he was destined for greater things and it wasnt his time to die,that he has been waiting for the day he was going to have a near death moment so he can appear and reveal the power he posseses,with some incantations and some white powdery substance blown on his face,he awoke and found himself at the motorpark shank he sleeps in,he thought he had a crazy dream until gradually he started mutating,changing into a nigga hulk,with wings and heat vision and all that cool shiit..this just took me less than 3mins to make up,but its something everyone here can relate with,maybe i should get on kickstarter as well...like if you think i should,share to tell me to go fvck myself.

Modified: 100 likes and i will get to work,and give you guys progression updates

[size=15pt]Bro pls we are trying to move forward in Africa not backward.....so u still expect people to be putting sacrifice(EBO) on the road in lagos by 2025
why cant technological advancement reflect Africa, why must it be juju/jazz that must reflect Africa....even the juju has done more harm than good, good riddance bro.....biko lets move forward[/size]
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 04, 2015
scarr:

[size=15pt]Bro pls we are trying to move forward in Africa not backward.....so u still expect people to be putting sacrifice(EBO) on the road in lagos by 2025
why cant technological advancement reflect Africa, why must it be juju/jazz that must reflect Africa....even the juju has done more harm than good, good riddance bro.....biko lets move forward[/size]

Dont know where you got the year 2025 from,isnt juju an Africa thing? White people call it magic and its allowed,will it make you comfortable if i say magic as well? The whole point is originality,Africa "IS NOT" a technological continent so the idea of the hero being bitten by a toxic spider or messing up an experiment,or inheriting a nano suit doesnt add up,my hero is just an everyday Nigerian with everyday Nigerian problems,which my intended Nigerian/African audience can relate with,the calabash with food by the road side isnt a made up story,its something we still see from time to time.
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 04, 2015
Chestar5:

lol grin, for where
Chestar , on my chest plssss grin
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by Latinandre(m): 10:52am On Sep 04, 2015
Why cant he fight boko haram as a hero... i saw a Judge Dredd costume... stolen idea but cool tho!!!
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by kardoso(m): 11:43am On Sep 04, 2015
Please brothers in the house how do I reach this Roye okupe guy. He has going is I have been battling to achieve since 1987. I am a comic writer like himself, I've soany comic written by me which I couldnt publish because of the huddles in our country.. I'm so happy for what he has achieved for himself so far. I'll to reach him to because I seek his assistance. I include on this very message my contact phone numbers, emai address & BBM pin. 08068388885 ,08053431755. Obazesky@yahoo.com, rikemisky@gmail.com.BBM pin:58F0E26F. I include also a sample of my work.

Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by VANENON(f): 11:45am On Sep 04, 2015
iammrjohnson:
you are practising hypocrisy,ma

there's more harm in making your kids not know such exists in their home land..i dislike africa magic but not for your stated reason

this is just like sex education,it's better you enlighten your kids asbout it and let them know right from wrong than hide the wrong from them.

how do you expect your kids to handle african related situations/ life experiences?

juju is part of africa,like it or not..and you and i are from here.. people invent according to their society and i wonder what society your kids belong to

I will keep them away from African Magic in their young age because African Magic portrays things the wrong way and celebrates evil. When they are older and the right foundation has been established then they will know about such and at that point they will also be wise enough to realize that the most powerful juju is living right with Man and with God. No man or Woman can harm you when you are on the right standing with God. Work hard, be kind, help whenever you are in a position to help and leave the rest to God. You will sleep in peace and wake in peace daily. You cant sow good and reap evil, there's no two way about it. What you put in is what the earth and all its forces returns back to you.
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by kardoso(m): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2015
Please brothers in the house how do I reach this Roye okupe guy. What he has going is something i have been battling to achieve since 1987. I am a comic writer like himself, I've so many comics written by me which I couldnt publish because of the huddles in our country.. I'm so happy for what he has achieved for himself so far. I'll like to reach him because I seek his assistance. I include on this very message my contact phone numbers, email address & BBM pin. 08068388885 ,08053431755. Obazesky@yahoo.com, rikemisky@gmail.com.BBM pin:58F0E26F. I include also a sample of my work.
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by VANENON(f): 11:55am On Sep 04, 2015
ekemini606:

Calm down Bros! You are derailing. Nobody cares about ur family and nobody certainly cares about your age. The point niga x above you is trying to make is that we should think around our our local fictional powers. Not everyone believes in black magic or witchcraft just like not everyone believes telekinetic power, alien projecting laser beams from their assss and all.

In my view, theirs an inferiority complex at play here. Which would you rather your children See or believe ? Niga hulk with powder and calabash or Some guy getting angry at the slightest pinch and turning into a nine foot, angry, green monster, /a Viking God(Thor) coming down to earth to save you and your kids.

Bullshit is bushitt ..the key is to tell it without blinking
Its called " make believe"..

P.s I bet your godly kids has seen harry Porter.

Happy to disappoint you, movies like harry potter are also not allowed in my house.
If it has any negative undertones it is not allowed even Ben 10. So its not a case of inferiority complex its a case of what is wrong is wrong.
By Gods goodness, I have done a bit of travelling to several countries and i will tell anyone without any doubt that Nigerians are one of the most intelligent and creative set of peeps you could ever come across. Even when i was in the UK this year i was wearing my made in Nigeria dresses and quite a number of ladies stopped me to compliment my outfit and of course i was extremely glad to tell them it was made in Nigeria.

Nigerians are extremely intelligent and creative but sadly most Nigerians choose to put their intellects to negative use. So bro, I am proudly NAIJA, anyday, anytime, anywhere!!!
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by VANENON(f): 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

i have a story too...sci-fi, fantasy action story
Its about an ancient African tribe that existed over 60,000 years ago that had magic and powers, they were more than just Homo Sapiens, but were wiped out in a supernatural nuclear war living only a handful of them remaining who were stuck in the river niger for 60,000 years, they were released back onto the surface as a result of oil drilling in the southern part of Nigeria only to discover that the world they once knew changed and had to fit in it and keep their powers secret.
-
-
-
So many ideas in our heads my brother, to bring it out in a country thats full of struggle and survival comes first is the problem
Cc
youmour
VANENON
futprintz
cecegorz

Extremely nice storyline.

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by feedshoppers: 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to buy dresses for my sister and I need your help to find the best one. Please give me some suggestion about it.
Bodycon midi dress
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by Fundango: 3:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
If you are indeed a superhero, then I suggest you go to Sambisa forest and find Shekau grin. N10million if you come back alive.
@oups for this to be possible I think he would need the help of PMB"captain Nigeria" and the indomintables to achieve that. grin
NaijaTalkTown:
If you are indeed a superhero, then I suggest you go to Sambisa forest and find Shekau grin. N10million if you come back alive.
@oups for this to be possible I think he would need the help of PMB"captain Nigeria" and the indomintables to achieve that.
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by scarr: 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
youmour:

Dont know where you got the year 2025 from,isnt juju an Africa thing? White people call it magic and its allowed,will it make you comfortable if i say magic as well? The whole point is originality,Africa "IS NOT" a technological continent so the idea of the hero being bitten by a toxic spider or messing up an experiment,or inheriting a nano suit doesnt add up,my hero is just an everyday Nigerian with everyday Nigerian problems,which my intended Nigerian/African audience can relate with,the calabash with food by the road side isnt a made up story,its something we still see from time to time.
dont get me wrong
1. the date is up in d pics, look closely
2. before Europe and d westerners discovered technology were they addressed as "technological continents", or do u think they didn't exist before tech?
3. wont u b happy if by 2025 Africa or Nigeria is technologically advanced?
4. by 2025 when we are more advanced(i hope) do u think u would be seeing sacrifices on d main road when we have a working sanitation system?
5. tech advancement doesnt stop d everyday nigerian from doing what he normally does.
6. even nollywood is quitely phasing out the juju stuff, compare nollywood juju movies now to nollywood juju movies 1999
lastly bro the comic is about Nigeria in 2025(a tech advanced nation) and not Nigeria 1999
Re: The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe by brainiac5(m): 12:24am On Sep 05, 2015
VANENON:

Happy to disappoint you, movies like harry potter are also not allowed in my house.
If it has any negative undertones it is not allowed even Ben 10. So its not a case of inferiority complex its a case of what is wrong is wrong.
By Gods goodness, I have done a bit of travelling to several countries and i will tell anyone without any doubt that Nigerians are one of the most intelligent and creative set of peeps you could ever come across. Even when i was in the UK this year i was wearing my made in Nigeria dresses and quite a number of ladies stopped me to compliment my outfit and of course i was extremely glad to tell them it was made in Nigeria.

Nigerians are extremely intelligent and creative but sadly most Nigerians choose to put their intellects to negative use. So bro, I am proudly NIGJA, anyday, anytime, anywhere!!!
. Nigerians are very cunning not intelligent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

50 Cent To Make A Movie Series About Hushpuppi / BBNaija: Femi Bakre Starts #JusticeForTobi Campaign For His Brother, Tobi Bakre / Bbnaija: Dencia 'Why Tacha Needs To Tell Her Fans To Vote For Mercy'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.