Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,055 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:08 AM

What Do You Consider As A Developed State, In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Consider As A Developed State, In Nigeria? (1095 Views)

3 Most Infrastructural Developed State Capital In Nigeria 2017 / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Consider As A Developed State, In Nigeria? by dsypha(m): 8:00am On Sep 03, 2015
There has been many questions as to what constitute a developed state? In your opinion, what qualities should a state, like Lagos, possess before been considered as developed?

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Consider As A Developed State, In Nigeria? by kossyablaze(m): 8:16am On Sep 03, 2015
A state with less corruption and nice IGR

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Consider As A Developed State, In Nigeria? by Feranchek(m): 8:40am On Sep 03, 2015
Akwa Ibom
Re: What Do You Consider As A Developed State, In Nigeria? by drss(m): 8:41am On Sep 03, 2015
dsypha:
There has been many questions as to what constitute a developed state? In your opinion, what qualities should a state, like Lagos, possess before been considered as developed?
Lagos state is a slum.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Consider As A Developed State, In Nigeria? by AnambraDota: 9:22am On Sep 03, 2015
Lagos is a slum with dilapidated infrastructures.
The only developed place in Nigeria is Abuja
Re: What Do You Consider As A Developed State, In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 03, 2015
AnambraDota:
Lagos is a slum with dilapidated infrastructures.

The only developed place in Nigeria is Abuja

Abuja is not a state.
stick to the question plz

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Consider As A Developed State, In Nigeria? by NwaAnambra(m): 10:04am On Sep 03, 2015
kossyablaze:
A state with less corruption and nice IGR
Haba Ablaze you can do better. In my opinion, a developed state is the one which has rich human capital, very low poverty rate, good health care system, security assurance, good road network, dynamic and robust education and above all, state-wide modernisation turning villages into towns. The only state with the above indices to that is ANAMBRA STATE. now bite me.
Re: What Do You Consider As A Developed State, In Nigeria? by kossyablaze(m): 10:28am On Sep 03, 2015
NwaAnambra:
Haba Ablaze you can do better. In my opinion, a developed state is the one which has rich human capital, very low poverty rate, good health care system, security assurance, good road network, dynamic and robust education and above all, state-wide modernisation turning villages into towns. The only state with the above indices to that is ANAMBRA STATE. now bite me.
I just summarized it Sir

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Consider As A Developed State, In Nigeria? by AnambraDota: 10:32am On Sep 03, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Abuja is not a state.
stick to the question plz

I didn't write state rather place, But Nigeria is a State aswell

Believe it or don't Abuja is a equivalent of a state, with FCT minister and a Senator, with size more than that of many States in Nigeria.

What do you mean by development
Re: What Do You Consider As A Developed State, In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 03, 2015
AnambraDota:

I didn't write state rather place, But Nigeria is a State aswell

Believe it or don't Abuja is a equivalent of a state, with FCT minister and a Senator, with size more than that of many States in Nigeria.

What do you mean by development

NO I disagree with you.

Abuja is funded mainly by fed. govt.

while
state is mainly funded by state govt.

8 Likes

Re: What Do You Consider As A Developed State, In Nigeria? by PRYCE(m): 11:06am On Sep 03, 2015
THERE IS NO DEVELOPED STATE IN NIGERIA!

The health, tax, justice, financial, Law enforcement, Ethics systems e.t.c in Lagos and Abuja are all the same with those found in remote areas of the country.

So don't give Us such Bullshit! A state's not all about its capital!

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Consider As A Developed State, In Nigeria? by anulaxad(m): 11:28am On Sep 03, 2015
No state not even the FCT Abuja is developed.

The way I see a developed state looking like is if it had proper infrastructure including roads, trains and bus system, less congestions, suitable pavements, tree sidelined pavements, planned housing and neat electricity distribution and underground sewage system, e.g.

Lagos is developing at an incredible pace with Eko atlantic, while there is the centenary city in Abuja and Enugu with rainbow town in rivers state.
Re: What Do You Consider As A Developed State, In Nigeria? by AnambraDota: 12:23pm On Sep 03, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

NO I disagree with you.

Abuja is funded mainly by fed. govt.

while
state is mainly funded by state govt.

Doesn't states receive allocations from the centre

Abuja is not a State but its a equivalent to a state but I wrote place to tell you no state is up there yet.

I understand your title but I deviated to show there is no answer for the trivia

(1) (Reply)

PIC: Shouldn't These Nigerians Be Waving Nigerian Flags Instead Of Brooms? - LIB / A Message from Alice Louise Walton “Can I Trust You?” / Aisha Buhari Orders Adamawa Governor To Appoint A Female Commissioner--punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.