Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,870 members, 7,806,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Ikpeazu Finally Admits He Inherit An Empty Treasury With Huge Debts From T. Orji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Finally Admits He Inherit An Empty Treasury With Huge Debts From T. Orji (688 Views)

Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury / After Ohakim, Lamido, EFCC Moves To Arrest Ex- Abia Gov. T. Orji / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikpeazu Finally Admits He Inherit An Empty Treasury With Huge Debts From T. Orji by ABACITYBLOG: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2015
Abia State Government yesterday said that its financial profile is not in a healthy state, following the several denials by former Governor Theodore Orji that his administration left a reasonable amount of funds in the state coffers at the end of his tenure, as the new government is insisting that it met an empty treasury as well as inheriting huge debts from the past administration.

The Chief Press Secretary (CPS) to the governor, Mr. Godwin Adindu, who revealed this at the Government House, Umuahia, recently during a chat with newsmen, noted that the financial recklessness of the past administration appears to be putting clog in the wheels of the Governor Okezie Ikpeazu’s administration.

“The governor is yet to settle down; there is no funds to work with. Ikpeazu inherited a government that was in a mess, huge debts here and there and that was why the governor sought for the N30 billion loan facilities to execute some of his capital projects,” Adindu said. The CPS had in a press release July said that report from the Debt Management Office (DMO) Abuja indicated that Abia State, is among the least indebted states in the country on both local and foreign loans, further said that the messy financial situation has contributed to the delay in the payment of salary backlogs as promised the civil servants during campaigns.

==>>READ MORE==>>http://abacityblog.com/ikpeazu-finally-admits-he-inherit-an-empty-treasury-with-huge-debts-from-t-orji/

Re: Ikpeazu Finally Admits He Inherit An Empty Treasury With Huge Debts From T. Orji by toltee4real: 11:40am On Sep 03, 2015
I think say na only for Osun State........................
Re: Ikpeazu Finally Admits He Inherit An Empty Treasury With Huge Debts From T. Orji by egift(m): 11:46am On Sep 03, 2015
Instead of putting T. A. Orji on trial or at the least retire him, Ndi Abia decided they rather promote him to the Senate. What a joke. Now see as all the #WailingLooters will desert this thread.
Re: Ikpeazu Finally Admits He Inherit An Empty Treasury With Huge Debts From T. Orji by kossyablaze(m): 11:50am On Sep 03, 2015
Lol

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu Finally Admits He Inherit An Empty Treasury With Huge Debts From T. Orji by asha80(m): 11:52am On Sep 03, 2015
egift:
Instead of putting T. A. Orji on trial or at the least retire him, Ndi Abia decided they rather promote him to the Senate. What a joke. Now see as all the #WailingLooters will desert this thread.
who told you abians 'promoted' him to senate?
Re: Ikpeazu Finally Admits He Inherit An Empty Treasury With Huge Debts From T. Orji by IGBOSON1: 11:54am On Sep 03, 2015
That state is FUC'KED! They've not got it right from 1999 to date!! It makes my blood boil when i think of where Abia should be vis-à-vis where they are now! angry

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Finally Admits He Inherit An Empty Treasury With Huge Debts From T. Orji by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 03, 2015
I had this coming
Re: Ikpeazu Finally Admits He Inherit An Empty Treasury With Huge Debts From T. Orji by phyllosilicate(m): 11:57am On Sep 03, 2015
IGBOSON1:
That state is FUC'KED! They've not got it right from 1999 to date!! It makes my blood boil when i think of where Abia should be vis-à-vis where they are now! angry
I am happy that most states in the east are now in opposition, no more rigging. Governors would now work in order to be re-elected.
Re: Ikpeazu Finally Admits He Inherit An Empty Treasury With Huge Debts From T. Orji by 5starmilitant: 12:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
egift:

I love ikpeazu's maturity, it's not always easy to probe same party members. It requires time, but it is possible. Like what Gej did to ibori......... Instead of crying about empty treasury, he embarked on projects before opening up.........he can't just leave his promises and pursue Theodore's shadow when there hasn't been any evidence to nail him.... Am really getting convinced that the PDP governors will work more than apc cos they know they are opposition, and will not be pardon if they make mistakes.
Re: Ikpeazu Finally Admits He Inherit An Empty Treasury With Huge Debts From T. Orji by emekamn(m): 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
After how many days in office? so he is just having a look at what he inherited three months ago.

If this is the excuse he wants to ride on, he should know it's very cheap...and I don't buy cheap things

(1) (Reply)

President Muhammad Buhari Exam's Result / Osun Workers To Get Salaries Before Eid-El-Kabir / Good Qualities Of The Three Major Ethnic Groups In Nigeria, Worthy Of Emulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.