Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance (36128 Views)

Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery / After Eliminating 40,000 Ghost Workers We Saved N8billion Monthly – presidency / Wike Inspects Port Harcourt Refinery, Facility Starts Refining Of Crude (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:45pm On Sep 03, 2015
rolchi:

Boss, I mean no disrespect! This current GMD comes across as someone who does not know about refining business and Engineering Project Management. His communication line does not exude confidence about the system. Trust me, I am not impressed with his media talks so far and I hope we will know more in the future.

Respect, Boss, respect!!
ShhhhhhhHhhhhh....stop embarassing yourself here...it's obvious you just want to comment to be NOTICED, not because you want add value to readers...Clearly you just want to beef the man...take out time and go thru his resume and know whether your comments were waranted...besides what's your qualification for challenging such authority??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by LoveMachine(m): 12:11am On Sep 04, 2015
arewafederation:

Please tell us what the GMD doesn't know. undecided

The way some people here are get cold over the progress made in this country makes me wonder if they are truly Nigerians.

IF I COULD I WOULD LIKE THIS A BILLION TIMES! It like they enjoy misery. Any progress it met with hate. I'm starting to believe this forum is filled with fakers. How can anyone get angry at us saving $287 million?

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by rolchi(m): 8:35am On Sep 04, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
ShhhhhhhHhhhhh....stop embarassing yourself here...it's obvious you just want to comment to be NOTICED, not because you want add value to readers...Clearly you just want to beef the man...take out time and go thru his resume and know whether your comments were waranted...besides what's your qualification for challenging such authority??

Boss, his academic qualification is impressive, no doubt. But believe me, he is not as knowledgeable in running a process plant as the 'ordinary' operator who sleeps and wakes up in the plant.

Boss, with all due respect to you and who you are, I still submit that this man comes across as a "Media" GMD...only time will tell.

Top of the day to you, may God bless your hustle!

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by rolchi(m): 8:39am On Sep 04, 2015
LoveMachine:

IF I COULD I WOULD LIKE THIS A BILLION TIMES! It like they enjoy misery. Any progress it met with hate. I'm starting to believe this forum is filled with fakers. How can anyone get angry at us saving $287 million?

My dear LoveMachine, I appreciate your comments. It is frustrating to all Nigerians, especially to us who know the O/G Industry very well. For you to have a PHC Refinery that will produce close to full capacity, you need close to that amount of money. But the truth is that the government can not commit that kind of money. with less than 10M USD committed to the TAM of PHC, it will fail again soon.

May God help us all and keep Nigeria moving forward.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by LoveMachine(m): 8:49am On Sep 04, 2015
rolchi:

My dear LoveMachine, I appreciate your comments. It is frustrating to all Nigerians, especially to us who know the O/G Industry very well. For you to have a PHC Refinery that will produce close to full capacity, you need close to that amount of money. But the truth is that the government can not commit that kind of money. with less than 10M USD committed to the TAM of PHC, it will fail again soon.

May God help us all and keep Nigeria moving forward.

So you're saying that you know better than an ExxonMobil Vice Chairman? More grease to your elbow. May you get an appointment from PMB.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by koboko69: 8:54am On Sep 04, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You are more than this.

You mean the present GMD knows anything about the turnaround maintenance?

Did you hear him say they used local spears and modules for the maintenance?

You think the period for test running the system is same as time for taken for the corrective maintenance?

You should stop being gullible, this administration has no input on the turnaround maintenance of our refineries which President Buhari has already confirmed and said it is unwise to ascribe the achievement to his government for what he has no input.

You people are very pathethic. All this could have worked under Jonathans watch for 6 good years..but all we hear were stories upon stories. The latest was that 2016 refineries will start working....this was after several dates. Now things are turning around, you wailinv clowns keep shouting it was Jonathan, but when a bomb goes off in Borno....Buhari is the president. Its time you lots wake up like we from the south south. ...even the die hard Jonathan supporters from the south south have realised Jonathan was nothing but a disaster. I wonder why u guys wail even more than we from the south south...its just so pathetic

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by koboko69: 9:06am On Sep 04, 2015
Obiagelli how come u have time for perpetual and unrepentant wailers. This clowns never accept. Jonathan was there for 6 solid years.....and they keep giving silly and annoying excuses. Why didnt everything work all those years...except they want to tell us it was a deliberate act of dragging to steal and steal.

If a bomb goes of in Borno or Adama today, they blame Buhari....but when good things happpen it was Jonathan. Very useless and deceitful elements......

Anoying thing I dont understand why most of this wailers are igbos wailing even more than people from.the south south. I am yet to come to.terms with that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by rolchi(m): 9:19am On Sep 04, 2015
ba7man:
Its like you and your friend are angry the GMD was able to avoid spending so much to maintain the PH refinery. Or were you the company that dropped the overpriced quote?

@Topic. I'm sure those overpriced quotes from those foreign companies had the strings of Nigeria politicians that stand to collect massive kickbacks from the highly inflated cost.

One of the ways Politicians loot the Nation.

Ba7man, have you ever handled any project in any Oil/Gas business? Now, depending on the type of plant, there are different materials, equipment, skills to manage. For example, if you want to work or replace especially the top section of the FCC Column , you need almost a 250 to 300T Crane. Then go to Sarens to find out how much it cost to only transport only the Counterweights not to talk of the Crane.

This is the truth. Some of the steel required are not shelf material. They have to made specifically for you and the steel manufacturers will do that aafter they take your order and then schedule your quote. All these processes takes time and that itself means COST!

Top of the day to you!

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Rad1cal: 9:21am On Sep 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

But when Boko Haram attacks, you heap the blame on the present government. yeye dey smell

The yeye smelling here is your putrid self.

It goes both ways, when those terrorists strike, it is because Goodluck allowed things to go worse in his 5 year reign and hence, Buhari needs "time" to clear his mess

When positive happens, Buhari body language and integrity has magically made things possible even when he has the faintest of ideas.

Your hypocrisy nauseates the hell out of me.

Twa !!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Rad1cal: 9:22am On Sep 04, 2015
koboko69:

[s]You people are very pathethic. All this could have worked under Jonathans watch for 6 good years..but all we hear were stories upon stories. The latest was that 2016 refineries will start working....this was after several dates. Now things are turning around, you wailinv clowns keep shouting it was Jonathan, but when a bomb goes off in Borno....Buhari is the president. Its time you lots wake up like we from the south south. ...even the die hard Jonathan supporters from the south south have realised Jonathan was nothing but a disaster. I wonder why u guys wail even more than we from the south south...its just so pathetic[/s]

Spoken like a true ediott.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by rolchi(m): 9:23am On Sep 04, 2015
LoveMachine:

So you're saying that you know better than an ExxonMobil Vice Chairman? More grease to your elbow. May you get an appointment from PMB.

I haven't said so. But the ExxonMobil Vice Chairman is a Lawyer. Did you see anywhere where it was stated he ran a process plant himself? If PMB appoints me to serve, I shall gladly accept to serve my fatherland.

Now, the GMD may be good in administration but not as an Engineer who has experience on the field. He needs to be taken through the process. Engineers need to seat him down and explain the process one by one. After all, engineers are not difficult to manage. Do you think so?

Much respect Boss!

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by koboko69: 9:23am On Sep 04, 2015
Rad1cal:

Spoken like a true ediott.

Thats what you are bro...
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Rad1cal: 9:25am On Sep 04, 2015
koboko69:

Thats what you are bro...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!

Pained mofo.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 04, 2015
When someone says they saved XYZ amounts of money, is it that they did not spend it or that because they performed TAM, they did not spend as much. so where is the $287 million. it can be put into good use
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Justicealh3(m): 9:32am On Sep 04, 2015
Turnaround Maintenance self.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

Buhari's policy on power is to ensure gas gets to the power plants and reduce too many bureaucracy in synergy between generation, distribution and all.

Buhari will not announce contracts like previous administration, he has said that over and over, you will not hear nonsense talk from FEC or NEC meetings when each ministry has its procurement board.
would the bolded not give buhai and his ilks the latitude to misappropriate funds....you forget buhari should be accountable to all persons in the country and so should make known contracts signed by the government...you guys think this is the military regime??...
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by LasoulMacuby(m): 9:36am On Sep 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

The media also brought improved power supply to my house.
Ask them o. . .
Wailers make una come crucify us. But I dey see light 24/7
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 04, 2015
cool
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Leyemoshood: 9:37am On Sep 04, 2015
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
would the bolded not give buhai and his ilks the latitude to misappropriate funds....you forget buhari should be accountable to all persons in the country and so should make known contracts signed by the government...you guys think this is the military regime??...
Tell me one country where the president announce contracts for road construction
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Alxmyr(m): 9:42am On Sep 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

Buhari's policy on power is to ensure gas gets to the power plants and reduce too many bureaucracy in synergy between generation, distribution and all.

Buhari will not announce contracts like previous administration, he has said that over and over, you will not hear nonsense talk from FEC or NEC meetings when each ministry has its procurement board.

Your second response showed limitation of your knowledge about processes of award of contracts in Nigeria.
The President cannot unilaterally award contracts above a particular amount without approval of FEC. This will also be gazetted as official conduct of the President in the FG gazette. Pls seek information before making assertions.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 04, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Wailing wailers would claim Jonathan did.

No mumu its Buhari's Body language......

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:43am On Sep 04, 2015
chudionu58:
I publicly challenge you to tell us buharis policy on power and kindly tell us when he awarded the TAM contract!
And Jonathan who has policies, how did they help us? Has Nigeria ever been short of policies? Yet poor development has always been our bane. Damn policies! We want results.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by amusadele: 9:43am On Sep 04, 2015
All the blood streams of all apc members are soiled and badly infected with their blood of no direction. All the DNAs' of all apc members, irrespective of whether or not the persons is a new entrand is infected with the blood abi system of propaganda. When did this new MD,Kashu of a man joined that he is claiming responsibility the of good performerce of NNPC? When did he join? My advice to people who have the intention of joining apc should stop, because when you join apc, your confusion, aimlessness etc. starts off immediately It is automatic. Look at this gentleman before has become a full member of the lie tellers. Someone who just started yesterday the self appriasal. Just give apc small time, among them, some will come and say a different thing about this appraisal.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

Tell me one country where the president announce contracts for road construction
the populace should know what the government is doing...except its some covert military programme...

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by efilefun(m): 9:45am On Sep 04, 2015
Na you be the goat here, is this 2016??
chudionu58:
Una no get shame at all!!!!!.. wasn't it Jonathan that refused giving the TAM to the Original Equipment Manufacturers in October 2014??

http://www.informationng.com/2015/03/warri-kaduna-pharcourt-refineries-to-produce-400000bpd-after-tam-in-2016-nnpc.html

The Stubborn old goats called APC supporters should stop deceiving themselves!
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Happiness87(f): 9:45am On Sep 04, 2015
Keneking:
Sai Buhari for this choice grin

"The asking price by the original refinery builder was $297 million. The disaster with that was that they were not professionals and they were not ready to give us guarantees. What we have done so far is under $10 million."

Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

Next is the second Niger bridge contract:

We can ask Chinese government to release some of their inmates to come and redesign the bridge and help with the construction in turn, we can give them one week supply of crude oil.
are you this silly, every was done under gej and you are here shouting buhari
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Happiness87(f): 9:47am On Sep 04, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Wailing wailers would claim Jonathan did.
you are very silly, when did kachi came into office.

every thing was done under Gej, idiot

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by LoveMachine(m): 9:57am On Sep 04, 2015
rolchi:

I haven't said so. But the ExxonMobil Vice Chairman is a Lawyer. Did you see anywhere where it was stated he ran a process plant himself? If PMB appoints me to serve, I shall gladly accept to serve my fatherland.

Now, the GMD may be good in administration but not as an Engineer who has experience on the field. He needs to be taken through the process. Engineers need to seat him down and explain the process one by one. After all, engineers are not difficult to manage. Do you think so?

Much respect Boss!

Once again, so there is a man who has been in the industry for some donkey years, been appointed by an administration that has against all odds unseated the former government, tasked itself with turning around the fortunes of the world's most populous Black Nation, afterwards is being scrutinized for every breath it takes and you the think the man appointed to helm the nation's most valuable sector is unaware of any part of said sector?

For all our sake may you be incorrect in your analysis. But if you are in fact correct and happen to be that thorough I'm not joking when I type this may you be appointed to get the job done. I've said it before I don't care if coconut people from the continent of shea butter get appointed as long as we are in a position of thriving.

From all in dicayions you want Naija to be a better place so may it be well with you and yours. Peace fam!
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by balancediet(m): 10:00am On Sep 04, 2015
patrick89:

hit like if you think this man is talking too much!!
and u have to repeat all he said again?
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by prof12(m): 10:01am On Sep 04, 2015
patrick89:

hit like if you think this man is talking too much!!

What he said is what needs to have been done or doing at present.
Sometimes you need to talk out ideas and opinion to the professional world to get back the best.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Setaje(f): 10:03am On Sep 04, 2015
Kachikwu am sorry. That refinery will be shut down again. It will not last. Penny wise pound foolish. Because of years of decay in the refinery, it will do them good to invite the people that built the refinery. No be today local people dey do tam and they never get the work done cus of government involvement. Government awards contracts to people who import equipments used in the refinery who are mostly hausas. Go to nnpc warehouse and see outdated equipment and technology brought in by government contractors. They just do it to last for sometimes and then it shuts down prematurely. If u want something done, do it the right way. Who can know the technology more than the people that built it. Hmmmmn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! / Crowd Welcome Umana Umana To Uyo Today (Photos) / "Why APC Cannot Govern Nigeria Well" – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.