Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Efkaristomen - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Efkaristomen (1810 Views)

Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. / ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' / HELP!!! My Elder Sister Asking Of Sex From Me And Seducing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efkaristomen by ProfEinstein: 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2015
Gratitude
Re: Efkaristomen by MISSNORA(f): 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2015
Will pray for him
Re: Efkaristomen by Melahou(m): 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
Try and identify what he uses in stealing

If he uses his hands then cut it off fast...

anyway am sure he steals because he's not working, get him a job
Re: Efkaristomen by Kennedymac(m): 1:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
call SARS for him grin i bet he will change after spending a day with them
Re: Efkaristomen by zadok60: 1:37pm On Sep 03, 2015
let this be discussed within the family and not public.
The last two posters above me are demonic
they've got nothing important to say.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Efkaristomen by ProfEinstein: 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2015
zadok60:
let this be discussed within the family and not public.
The last two posters above me are demonic
they've got nothing important to say.
We have talked about it as a family a million times yet nothing has changed, besides this is an anonymous forum that's why I brought it up here
Re: Efkaristomen by ProfEinstein: 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2015
kilode100:

Why not keep quite if u have nothing reasonable to say.
Re: Efkaristomen by RoyalRoy(m): 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
ProfEinstein:
Since I was a kid my elder brother have always had kleptomaniac tendencies. He keeps stealing from everybody in the house. My mum has prayed for him like years, visited every priest she knows, booked mass and prayed thousand and one rosary for him yet no change. This is someone who is 25yrs old and this bad habit of him keeps bothering me. I just graduated recently and I came home to spend some time with the family as I wait for internship, just yesterday I came back and hanged my cloth, I kept 3 thousand in my pocket only for me to wake up this morning to discover that the money has gone aloof. He has already denied for it, m so sick and tired of this nauseating behavior of his and m not going to take this anymore. I need advice on what to do before I do something stupid.
....WORRIED BROTHERBROTHER cry cry
cc; Lalasticlala,Seun, Royalroy

Worried Brother, maybe you should just try to create space between you two.

Encourage your parents and brother to get his own space....a house for himself alone. Maybe if he doesn't see "free things" in the house anymore he will change.
At least he can't be stealing his own property!!

And if he decides to take his "hobby" to the outside world hopefully he will be thought a bigger lesson.

And continue to pray for him still.

Re: Efkaristomen by FruityLass: 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
You should keep praying for him or better still visit a guidance counselor for therapy or so.
Re: Efkaristomen by ProfEinstein: 2:01pm On Sep 03, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Worried Brother, maybe you should just try to create space between you two.

Encourage your parents and brother to get his own space....a house for himself alone. Maybe if he doesn't see "free things" in the house anymore he will change.
At least he can't be stealing his own property!!

And if he decides to take his "hobby" to the outside world hopefully he will be thought a bigger lesson.

And continue to pray for him still.

Believe u me am so sick and tired of people telling me to pray for him, can't u see its not fuccking working, I think he needs therapy but I know he won't agree to that because he is quite pompous, I just need to explore other options. Thanks for your concern
Re: Efkaristomen by Tallesty1(m): 2:05pm On Sep 03, 2015
Sit him down and talk him.

1 Like

Re: Efkaristomen by RoyalRoy(m): 2:09pm On Sep 03, 2015
ProfEinstein:

Believe u me am so sick and tired of people telling me to pray for him, can't u see its not fuccking working, I think he needs therapy but I know he won't agree to that because he is quite pompous, I just need to explore other options. Thanks for your concern

Well since everything else is not working you gotta try something else still.

Therapy? Are you in Nigeria or Outside?

Cos am not sure there are competent therapists readily available out there in Nigeria.

But you are making progress already since he admits he has a problem. Only he is pompous about seeking help.
Still try to convince him to see a therapist if u know any. At least u still gotta try.
Re: Efkaristomen by stinggy(m): 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
ProfEinstein:

Sorry this is a funny country where people believe prayer should change everything.

Since he wouldn't change after series of advice from you and other family members and he's too pompous to take the therapy option, I can only advise you guys to use brute. He is still 25, few day drilling by SARS should work on him.

I won't advise you guys to allow him leave alone, he'll only upgrade from petty stealing to robbery.

1 Like

Re: Efkaristomen by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
I really don't know what to say... but you guys should keep an eye on him please before he goes outside and steals.. you know what happens in Nigeria na? Jungle justice. ...

All d best...
Re: Efkaristomen by zadok60: 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
ProfEinstein:
We have talked about it as a family a million times yet nothing has changed, besides this is an anonymous forum that's why I brought it up here
I feel for you my bro.
Jesus is always the answer,run to him brother..
Re: Efkaristomen by ProfEinstein: 4:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
zadok60:

I feel for you my bro.
Jesus is always the answer,run to him brother..
We have been praying to Jesus for years yet no change, let's be realistic here please.
Re: Efkaristomen by DrObum(m): 4:31pm On Sep 03, 2015
Why not try professional help?

Take him to a psychiatrist bro!
Re: Efkaristomen by Tashaamania(f): 4:40pm On Sep 03, 2015
Everything they will come to NL and complain.
Re: Efkaristomen by JoeCutie(m): 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
Tashaamania:
Exactly the thing I hate most about this Nairaland. I gave up a long time ago. embarassed
Re: Efkaristomen by ProfEinstein: 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2015
Tashaamania:
Go fucck yourself
Re: Efkaristomen by veave(f): 2:02am On Sep 04, 2015
I've shared this story on nairaland before. When I was a teenager, I just woke up one day and started stealing. Started from home then gradually graduated to school and neighbors. Even when I didn't need money, I'd steal. One day, I stole from the woman that makes my hair and I was caught. She handed me over to my mother.

Brothers and sisters, I assure you that proper beating can drive away any form of evil spirit.
The beating she gave me that day eh, no be here. I still have a scar as reminder. Afterwards, she took me to our pastor. He just looked at me, laid his hands on my head and said 'be free'. When I went home, I fell into a deep sleep.

Brothers and sisters, I've never looked twice at any body's property ever since then. I hardly remember that phase except when I come across stories like this.

@op. Kindly take your brother for prayers and counseling. Don't wait until it's too late.

Peace!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Every Man Should Do When Visiting The Mall With Their Wife (photo) / Naughty Wife Talks: Hate Sex / 7 Common Characteristics Of A Liar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.