Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) (37152 Views)

MTN Illegally Transferred 'mind Boggling' Sum Out Of Nigeria- Yahoo News / NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards / Is You Sim Properly Registered? NCC Is Blocking Pre-registered Sims. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by eagleeye2: 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
The funny thing is that I re-registered two days ago and a congratulatory message was sent to me. But this morning I am being threatened by MTN that my sim will be blocked.
I really don't have the time to go to their office again. So let them do their worst.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by rman: 3:28pm On Sep 03, 2015
happney65:
I dont know if this is the right section to post this,If not MOD's should gracefully move it to the right section which exactly is the Front-page..Today Marks exactly 2weeks this issue started..I am an MTN User,A loyal customer at that..Today marks 2weeks have not being able to mark nor receive phone calls in my area here in Ibadan..Everybody is complaining as it is making Life Hell on earth for us whenever we are Home..Before now,The service here is super fast and everything is on point.

I have called their Customercare number times without number,they keep on telling us they would fix it..Have being to their Head office here in Ibadan,yet no response..I was able to get to know what exactly happened,Was told their Generator packed up or something,I dont know how long this would take to be recitified as it seems the non-challant attitude of we Nigerians in things like this at Play here..

The Area in question is Adeosun,Area of Awotan Apete,Ibadan and the Local-Goverment is Ido-Local Government..

MTN Should please come to our resuce and fix things asap..I would so much appreciate

Seun, lalasticlala Please help move this to Front Page so their Oga go see am...

Thanks

I know what is wrong at that location. A tower service provider is actually hosting MTN equipment on their site and the provider has been unable to deliver power to MTN equipment. MTN normally intervenes in circumstances like this but our host has refused our request to help run the site.

I cannot provide further details but I want to assure you MTN as a company is aware and looking at other possibility of delivering quality service to that area as soon as possible.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by 400billionman: 3:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
Flashh:
Why will they ban someone's Sim without any notice? Do they know the contacts their customers have on their lines?

Save your contacts to Google or simply do a phone backup of contacts and messages
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by onyxo76(m): 3:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
IYANGBALI:
dem think say you be ghost?
abi o...ghosts sef gat to stay connected .
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Iamthoney(m): 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2015
Mtn nawa for una oooo naso them disconnect me, I no fit make call rara. Planning to sue them to court tho cos I registered my line right in their damned experience centre at Onitsha
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Iamthoney(m): 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
eagleeye2:
The funny thing is that I re-registered two days ago and a congratulatory message was sent to me. But this morning I am being threatened by MTN that my sim will be blocked.
I really don't have the time to go to their office again. So let them do their worst.
E go beta make u sue them to court oooo. Mtn been doing wayo since 2005
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by 400billionman: 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Mtn is doing the right thing. .. My husband called Glo customer service to settle some issues.. After saying his name, the customer care representative said the line was supposed to belong to one Henry from Delta state.. undecided
Really confusing cos my husband registered his sim himself though with one of these roadside sim card sellers, probably illegal undecided

Who gave the roadside card sellers those machines. ? If those machines could not upload to the MTN central data base data collected during SIM registration, who is to blame. ?

Do you know how these things work. ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by happney65: 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
rman:

I know what is wrong at that location. A tower service provider is actually hosting MTN equipment on their site and the provider has been unable to deliver power to MTN equipment. MTN normally intervenes in circumstances like this but our host has refused our request to help run the site.

I cannot provide further details but I want to assure you MTN as a company is aware and looking at other possibility of delivering quality service to that area as soon as possible.

Bros,Thank You and Thank you..At least i got a response from someone..I had intended to take this further if nothing is done to this.This Sunday would mark 3weeks its being like this.Am totally frustrated i swear..Maybe we can talk in private?I sent you a PM..Please kindly reply..Thank You
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by 400billionman: 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
Herrmes:
Shut up, that's not the topic.
On the topic: I only use MTN right now because all my other lines got missing and I have an active subscription in it and wouldn't be in here for long.

They cannot block all their lines.
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Guyman02: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
See the crowd in Calabar. I was given tally number 367

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by rman: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
happney65:

Bros,Thank You and Thank you..At least i got a response from someone..I had intended to take this further if nothing is done to this.This Sunday would mark 3weeks its being like this.Am totally frustrated i swear..Maybe we can talk in private?I sent you a PM..Please kindly reply..Thank You

I hardly use that email ooo
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by MCDumexx: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
These empty head people with their wahala. They sent me an sms to go to the nearest emptyhead office to submit a valid passport.

Thunder they call dz people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Springz(f): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
Make them block na. Useless network.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by happney65: 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
rman:

I hardly use that email ooo

At least you can reply my message in there and we exchange contacts..I just want this issue resolved asap..Thanks
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by omowhyou(m): 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
mtn una father o, dem don even block my brother line. i don port jere
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by ThisMeansWAR: 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ncc should be blamed .. They keep coming up with all these irrelevant guidelines which force the network to act crazy .
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by AmeLonRo(m): 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
If they are banning the illegal ones how about the legal ones? How will they know this. Was there not a time for sim registration? What happened then? What about Nigerians who have travelled or who are indisposed at this time and cant show up for their validation?

2 Likes

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by ProdigyLoco(m): 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
simple server
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by rukkyland(m): 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
Abeg MTN make una block my line na.. who go loose?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you try,mine na 528
abeg mak una help me beg NCC mak dey jst give us small time abeg. NA suffer way naija people dey suffer becuz of dis
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
Leopantro:

678 here
where is ur MTN office at?
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Leopantro: 4:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
Bigmillz:
where is ur MTN office at?
Owerri
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
What is all this again...Let these people stop stressing Nigerians. Where was the warning before hamd

[b] Meanwhile.............

Get our complete Brilliantlights Media Fiverr Training packages Todayand start offering unique services professionally on Fiverr and generating income from your living room.

Fiverr is the world's foremost website for freelancers selling their skills starting from $5. That is $5 is the basic amount you can start selling a gig but you can have extras of up to $100, $200 per Gig (you are permitted 20 Gigs at a time)and you can be making more than $1000, $2000 per Gig selling your skill on fiverr every month on only one account! Now imagine up to 5 accounts with 20 Gigs each!. For some people this may be too good to be true but it is true and hundreds of thousands like me are making money off it every day. All it requires is possessing the knowledge of how to build profitable accounts, optimizing them for constant orders and delivering with continuous positive reviews and high ratings.

The complete training packages covers five Hot in-demand services from

ARTICLE WRITING TO
GRAPHICS DESIGN,
VIDEO AND ANIMATION,
WEB DESIGN AND
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT

It includes Hours of Training Videos created by our Experts on each service covering: Opening a Service Specific Professional Fiverr Account, Creating Attractive Gigs with Captivating Gig Images and Gig Videos, Delivering orders and Receiving your Payments in Nigeria. The package also include tools like Adobe Photoshop for creating Gig images and Camtasia Software for Gig videos creation respectively along with Special Tools specific to each service included in each pack. Interested participants would also be introduced into our Facebook Brilliantlightsmedia Support Group as well as our Whatsapp Group through 070-665-64342 for follow up.

After many years working and earning on fiverr, we as a reputable company put our heads together to help introduce others who are in desperate need of financial upliftment, having heard and seen how desperate jobless youths have become in a bid to land jobs or engage in any business whether bad or dehumanizing just to survive or how companies are retrenching people daily and sending them into the over saturated Labor market.

The internet is a trillion dollar per month platform everyone should be working on today and Fiverr is one of the easiest means to start earning from it. However you need to get on it the right way. Stop creating accounts that have no potential for profit. Get the skills that you can sell not only on fiverr and other freelance sites (Like Elance, freelancer.com) but also required by Big businesses and companies around us, even better, you could create your own business like we have done as a Social Media Management company and stop complaining about lack of jobs, wicked requirements or jobs already arranged for the connected

If you have questions or enquiries Please PM me here on Nairaland or reach me through the whatsapp number mentioned earlier[/b]
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by otabuko(m): 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
Enoquin:
Illegally pre-registered indeed! undecided Got my line 07, registered in 2010 myself...between then and now, I have retrieved my line twice at their official outlets/offices. So, they should give another reason and not that bullocks!
I bought 2008, retrieved about 5 times... I just don't understand their point... I already got ready for the block abi ban with Etisalat...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by desmond2013: 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
MTN Office @Ikota Shopping Complex,VGC,Lagos.

1 Like

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Psylas(m): 4:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
I'll be glad if they block mine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Onyeedum(m): 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2015
F-MTN!
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
.mtn Don block my line undecided
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Alfred234(m): 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
MTN are mad, my sim that I have registered for like 3yrs now they are telling me that they will ban me if I don't update my registration. I just dey look first make dem ban my line dem go know say I no well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by cheerokee(m): 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
Calebsky:
MTN line i got from the dateless past (i meant when they started) and registered countless number of times either by phone call verification or vendor registration. Yet, they are telling me my line will be blocked. Oya nah! Nonsense!!!!
Na so dem dey show dia sef o
I no even send dem again make dem block am
To hell with them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) by Cybertext(m): 5:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
I'm serving in one border town (Kwara state) about 6hours to illorin (you can imagine the tfare to and fro) so MTN expects me to travel to illorin not minding the queue I will see there, just to re-register a sim that I registered twice myself Make dem block d sim na, na to fling d sim inside wallet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Samsung Sues Ksenia Sobchak, Ambassador For Using An Iphone X On TV / New Whatsapp Privacy Policy - What It Really Means For Users / Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.