Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold (2701 Views)

It's Medically Wrong To Use The AC Just Immediately You Enter Your Hot Car / My 1999 Nissan Primera Don't Start Easily In The Morning / Polo Vivo Won't Start When Cold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by Ozichim(m): 2:45pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hi,
Please has anybody experienced this problem before.
My Toyota Camry won't start one touch when cold.
The more I left my car packed without starting the more it gets difficult to start the very next time you would want to start it.
I have replaced the fuel pump and cold start sensor but the problem is still there. Please if you have experienced this before kindly let me know what you did to resolve the problem.
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ozichim:
Hi,
Please has anybody experienced this problem before.
My Toyota Camry won't start one touch when cold.
The more I left my car packed without starting the more it gets difficult to start the very next time you would want to start it.
I have replaced the fuel pump and cold start sensor but the problem is still there. Please if you have experienced this before kindly let me know what you did to resolve the problem.

Check fuelpresure release valve and coolant temp sensor.

If in lagos call 08023251039
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by Ozichim(m): 4:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
Sorry I'm not in Lagos. They rewire has confirmed that the problem normaly shuts off the plug spark and injector as long as the hard starting last and all these restored when the car starts. We have changed the water temperature sensor also. Can ECU(Brian box) or the cold start valve be the cause of this cold hard starting?
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ozichim:
Sorry I'm not in Lagos. They rewire has confirmed that the problem normaly shuts off the plug spark and injector as long as the hard starting last and all these restored when the car starts. We have changed the water temperature sensor also. Can ECU(Brian box) or the cold start valve be the cause of this cold hard starting?

Problem 1 is you use a "REWIRE"

Based on your query the problem is either the pressure release valve or the coolant temp sensor. A scan will rule out the coolant temp sensor, a pressure diagnosis will rule out the pressure valve. For clarity the pics are below.

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGtuCZ7u8WhWdDysT0nfHG8okAsaTa_jc84SOhk4f5QPhTxcUdEg[/img]

The green sosket [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_MykZN4dcNpjwmo4M4hfiBOCBL1AzEdVFxXU72D-x1BXU3FHtng[/img]

1 Like

Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by mayor2013: 10:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
Am looking @ your crankshsft position sensor, a scan would point you in the right direction
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by Mojibola(m): 1:56am On Sep 04, 2015
You sure the spark plugs are good?
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by Ozichim(m): 2:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
Spark plus are ok. what is the presure sensor and where is it located. I have also noticed that openning and offing the ignition without starting the car first and then starting the car on the second time of onning the ignition helps the car to start. I noticed this just about two days days now,
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by Ozichim(m): 2:30pm On Sep 04, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Problem 1 is you use a "REWIRE"

Based on your query the problem is either the pressure release valve or the coolant temp sensor. A scan will rule out the coolant temp sensor, a pressure diagnosis will rule out the pressure valve. For clarity the pics are below.

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGtuCZ7u8WhWdDysT0nfHG8okAsaTa_jc84SOhk4f5QPhTxcUdEg[/img]

The green sosket [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_MykZN4dcNpjwmo4M4hfiBOCBL1AzEdVFxXU72D-x1BXU3FHtng[/img]

Thanks for your help. but pls, I don't actualy know where the coolant sensor button is located on the Engine.
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by Ozichim(m): 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
Also the coolant sensor have been replaced though, I', not sure if it is the right one. thus can the sensor be defferent from V6 and V4 engine?
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by Inception(m): 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
mayor2013:
Am looking @ your crankshsft position sensor, a scan would point you in the right direction
I doubt that, as the crankshaft position sensor would exhibit that anomaly when engine is HOT, not COLD
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ozichim:
Spark plus are ok. what is the presure sensor and where is it located. I have also noticed that openning and offing the ignition without starting the car first and then starting the car on the second time of onning the ignition helps the car to start. I noticed this just about two days days now,

You have solved the riddle!!

Open up your fuel filter and replace the part shown below.

1 Like

Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by fgr63: 8:00am On Sep 05, 2015
I experience similar issues with my Nissan car.I was able to detect my issues by borrowing my friends new and bigger car battery,when I used the battery the car starts one hand.funny enough my car battery was just 1week old,I had to buy another car battery and now such problem is history.
try that with your car,if it doesn't solve your problem go for car scan.
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:56am On Sep 05, 2015
fgr63:
I experience similar issues with my Nissan car.I was able to detect my issues by borrowing my friends new and bigger car battery,when I used the battery the car starts one hand.funny enough my car battery was just 1week old,I had to buy another car battery and now such problem is history.
try that with your car,if it doesn't solve your problem go for car scan.

that was my thought why not start with battery

its common problem here in winter when the battery is in its last days, clients would be saying i never had any problems in summer and i would say its the weather, when its cold metal becames tight and some liquids became thick (oil) therefore the car to start it need more maximum power out from the battery for the engine to turn
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:02am On Sep 05, 2015
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROVi-a-DmvoXz3DGDURGqrMYgKIICOXHceu-C7I5v95-TKp1YSLA[/img]

I thought we had grown passed this sad

OP please leave your battery alone, we don't have winter in Naija. grin

1 Like

Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by aluta2: 10:26am On Sep 06, 2015
@gazzuz u dey funny
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by Euegene100001: 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2021
Op pls how did u resolve this
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by Blacklaurel: 8:39pm On Mar 16, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

You have solved the riddle!!

Open up your fuel filter and replace the part shown below.

My 07 corolla has this same problem. Unfortunately, I'm not in Lagos I would have brought the car to you. I don't get the component in the above sketch, please GAZZUZZ if and when you have the time kindly help with a real life pics.
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by dicksonadams(m): 6:28am On Mar 17, 2021
Blacklaurel:

My 07 corolla has this same problem. Unfortunately, I'm not in Lagos I would have brought the car to you. I don't get the component in the above sketch, please GAZZUZZ if and when you have the time kindly help with a real life pics.

1, check your battery connection tightness

2, check the status of your battery {replace if weak or if the cold start amp is lower than recommendation)

Start with those 2 before tackling the coolant temperature senor and fuel pump and pressure
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by Blacklaurel: 8:33am On Mar 17, 2021
dicksonadams:

1, check your battery connection tightness

2, check the status of your battery {replace if weak or if the cold start amp is lower than recommendation)

Start with those 2 before tackling the coolant temperature senor and fuel pump and pressure
It's not battery or starter issue as the car cranks just fine. It's cold start issue that started over 6months ago and has progressively worsened. It used to start at just a touch, then later I realized it took like a second longer but now I have to crank it like 3 times, 2 times if I give it about 10seconds after the first crank. I've changed the coolant sensor but it persists. I tried to change the fuel pump but the two I bought wouldn't work my mechanic think they are substandard. Scanning brought out a code related to fuel vacuum or so(check online says it's fuel tank cover problem) and that has been there since I bought the car over 5years ago. Car runs fine and starts at a touch after warm up.
Re: May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold by dicksonadams(m): 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2021
Blacklaurel:

It's not battery or starter issue as the car cranks just fine. It's cold start issue that started over 6months ago and has progressively worsened. It used to start at just a touch, then later I realized it took like a second longer but now I have to crank it like 3 times, 2 times if I give it about 10seconds after the first crank. I've changed the coolant sensor but it persists. I tried to change the fuel pump but the two I bought wouldn't work my mechanic think they are substandard. Scanning brought out a code related to fuel vacuum or so(check online says it's fuel tank cover problem) and that has been there since I bought the car over 5years ago. Car runs fine and starts at a touch after warm up.

Since you have rule those 2 out, you can proceed with the others.

I had similar issue on my vibe , changed coolant temperature sensor, changed fuel filter, change fuel pressure regulator ... No luck, until I tried a 75amp battery and voila.... It started normally, I was using a 62amp battery before and overtime it couldn't turn my engine at cold start. Later research reveal that all cars have a minimum cold crank battery amp requirement, my 62amp chinko battery wasn't enough.

(1) (Reply)

Bola Ige Mechatronics Institute / See The Range Rover (Velar) 2018 Model Seized By Customs Officials In Ogun. / Any Car Of 200k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.