Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Android 6.0 Marshmallow Versus Android 5.0 Lollipop–top Features And Improvement - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android 6.0 Marshmallow Versus Android 5.0 Lollipop–top Features And Improvement (1725 Views)

Xiaomi Mi 6X Launches On April 27 With Dual Cameras, AI Features, And More / List Of Android Smartphones That Will Receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow / Five Hardly Known Things You Can Do With Android 5.0 Lollipop Smartphones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android 6.0 Marshmallow Versus Android 5.0 Lollipop–top Features And Improvement by djl(m): 3:40pm On Sep 03, 2015
About 2 weeks ago Google announced its next android flagship, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, which will probably be released on Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 in October later this year. This news sends happy feelings into the minds of many android phones users. This is so because of the many improvement the marshmallow will have over the much loved lollipop.

If you are considering installing the Android marshmallow 6.0 once it is released for your device, then, it will be good to know about the many improvements that will come with it, making it beat Android 5.0 lollipop.

1. “Doze” Power Management

A common complain among android users is the short battery life. However, Google seems to have a solution for that by introducing a new feature to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It seems that new feature will be called “Doze” and it will optimize the background processes, which will result in less power usage.

2. Fingerprint Support

The highest security standards on a smartphone are fingerprint scanners and Google will bring this feature to the Android 6.0 Marshmallow. So, if you want to make payments, purchase applications, unlock the device, and more, likely, all you do alongside other security features is to scan your fingerprint. This feature has only been on Samsung Galaxy S6 but Google is now bringing it to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. To me, this is a very cool feature.

3. “Google Now”
“Google Now” has been improved in the upcoming Android 6.0. Users will be able to run the “OK Google” command from any part of the screen. In addition, the virtual assistant will come with a “Now Tap” feature, which will allow you to bring up important information while performing other tasks.

4. App Permission
This is another cool feature of Android 6.0. The app permission introduced in marshmallow is going to allow the users to decide how much access a particular application can get before installing it. In Android 5.0 lollipop and earlier versions, users can't customize their permission. They will just need to accept the default permission for each application or else they will not be able to install the apps.

To me, all this features in marshmallow are very much necessary and more are still to come.

It should be noted that Android lollipop 5.0 and Android marshmallow will perhaps have the same display. The Marshmallow will only add some improvements to, and fix some bugs on Lollipop.

http://hotfixtech..com.ng/2015/09/android-60-marshmallow-versus-android.html?m=1

Check out the phones to get marshmallow updates, first.

http://hotfixtech..com.ng/2015/09/nexus-samsung-others-to-get-marshmallow.html?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Versus Android 5.0 Lollipop–top Features And Improvement by MISSNORA(f): 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
Cool.... Hope my galaxy s5 gon rock it

1 Like

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Versus Android 5.0 Lollipop–top Features And Improvement by djl(m): 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
S5 is not among the phones listed yet by Samsung to get the upgrade. Hopefully, in due time it will definitely be listed
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Versus Android 5.0 Lollipop–top Features And Improvement by ogawisdom(m): 6:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
dts y infinix hot 2 is selling like pure water. go n grab ur copy nw
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Versus Android 5.0 Lollipop–top Features And Improvement by bqlekan(m): 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
Patiently waiting.., but won't go for Google Nexus 5, i think only S6 will be able to get an update to marshMallow from lollipop.. others may not.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Versus Android 5.0 Lollipop–top Features And Improvement by sod09(m): 6:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
Tecno nko grin
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Versus Android 5.0 Lollipop–top Features And Improvement by majalisa(m): 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
sod09:
Tecno nko grin
remove the "k" from the nko and u would get ur answer

3 Likes

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Versus Android 5.0 Lollipop–top Features And Improvement by abogjohn(m): 7:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
sod09:
Tecno nko grin
lol... E dey do me like make i slap u enter coma grin

1 Like

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Versus Android 5.0 Lollipop–top Features And Improvement by sod09(m): 8:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
abogjohn:
lol... E dey do me like make i slap u enter coma grin
lol
Wicked

1 Like

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Versus Android 5.0 Lollipop–top Features And Improvement by Drizzle007(m): 11:16pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nawa o... Na to dey buy phone every 3mnths?
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Versus Android 5.0 Lollipop–top Features And Improvement by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 06, 2015

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Versus Android 5.0 Lollipop–top Features And Improvement by timilehing(m): 1:51am On Sep 06, 2015
Still satisfied with my JellyBean

(1) (Reply)

How To Change Imei To Blackberry Android 5.0,5.1, / Simple Server For PC / TECNO Camon C9 Is Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.