Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

As Aged Politicians Leave The Stage, Nigeria Faces A Dearth Of Good Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Aged Politicians Leave The Stage, Nigeria Faces A Dearth Of Good Politicians (572 Views)

"Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss / Nigeria Faces Severe Nutrition Problems, According To New Index / Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Aged Politicians Leave The Stage, Nigeria Faces A Dearth Of Good Politicians by nickxtra(m): 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nigeria's political history is full of politicians who in one way or the other carved a niche for themselves. While some did in controversial circumstances others did leaving with unblemished record. Right from pre-independence and post independence political atmosphere in the country, names like Herbert Macaulay, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Obafemi Awolowo, Aminu Kano, Amhadu Bello of the old generation of politicians shone like a million stars in politics and even till date, the mention of their names evoke heroic feelings. Recent political development has thrown up millennia politicians whose political charisma also impacted in one way or the other in the political terrain of Nigeria. Men like the late Okadigbo, Tinubu, Tony Anenih, a civilian Obasanjo, etc are some politicians in the real sense of the word that have carved a niche for themselves, though not only by the position they occupied, but by their astuteness or politicking in getting things done. But now these politicians are ageing and they may soon leave the terrain. My question now is who among the new and young generation of politicians in Nigeria today would assume the sagacity, power and influence some of these politicians were identified with? To my mind, only a handful of the present and young politicians appear to be in the stead to command and wield influence the way the prior men did. My mind has Governor Oshiomhole, Gov. El Rufai, Gov. Okorocha, etc. Pls drop those you have in mind.
Re: As Aged Politicians Leave The Stage, Nigeria Faces A Dearth Of Good Politicians by seedgreen(m): 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
As long as Buhari is our president, this is a joke
Re: As Aged Politicians Leave The Stage, Nigeria Faces A Dearth Of Good Politicians by nickxtra(m): 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
seedgreen:
As long as Buhari is our president, this is a joke
Please read the post again, before you comment.
Re: As Aged Politicians Leave The Stage, Nigeria Faces A Dearth Of Good Politicians by jamace(m): 5:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
As far as I'm concerned, only the founding fathers of Nigeria are great politicians. The likes of Anenih, Obasanjo, Tinubu e.t.c destroyed the legacies of our founding fathers hence I don't miss them at all; I would be happy if the likes of Tinubu, Obasanjo, Anenih e.t.c are destroyed by a miraculous sword, to save Nigeria from their dubious and selfish politicking. angry
Re: As Aged Politicians Leave The Stage, Nigeria Faces A Dearth Of Good Politicians by nickxtra(m): 5:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
jamace:
As far as I'm concerned, only the founding fathers of Nigeria are great politicians. The likes of Anenih, Obasanjo, Tinubu e.t.c destroyed the legacies of our founding fathers hence I don't miss them at all; I would be happy if the likes of Tinubu, Obasanjo, Anenih e.t.c are destroyed by a miraculous sword, to save Nigeria from their dubious and selfish politicking. angry
So, who among our present crop of politicians do you think are with the right stead of our to re-enact the kind of politics played by our founding? fathers?
Re: As Aged Politicians Leave The Stage, Nigeria Faces A Dearth Of Good Politicians by jamace(m): 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
nickxtra:
So, who among our present crop of politicians do you think are with the right stead of our to re-enact the kind of politics played by our founding? fathers?
They are on their own o. They looted and raped the country and resources as if there is no tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Green Energy For The Poor / Why Buhari Will Not Win The Fight Against Corruption / We Can't Find Radio Biafra - Police Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.