Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device (8232 Views)

5 Awesome Apps You Need To Try This Week / 5 Amazing Apps You Should Have On Your Rooted Android Smartphones / Useful Dangerous Apps You Should Use On Your Rooted Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
Surprisingly, a lot of people only root their phones just because everyone else is doing it. It shouldn’t surprise you that there are still a number of people out there who have no idea the possibilities that opens up to you when you choose to root your device.
Granted, you’re taking a risk and you’ve lost your warranty already but then, I see no reason why you shouldn’t make the risk you took worth it. The benefits of rooting goes beyond having SuperSU to grant root access to installed apps only, there are so many things you can do with your device only if you’re willing to explore.
Unless otherwise specified, the apps listed in this article can be dangerous and should be used with care. But hey, it’s fun exploring the deep world of Android OS if you know what I mean.
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
Xposed Installer
This popular root app allows you to modify your device with
different the different modules available in the repository.
Xposed Installer itself is more like a framework and doesn’t
add any special functionality until you install modules. I
need to warn you though; you can brick your device by
installing this software . It’s not for the faint-hearted.
Gravity Box is an Xposed Installer module that lets you
customize almost everything about your UI. For instance,
you can decide to use a background image for your
notification center, change hardware key actions and many
more.

Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 03, 2015
System App Uninstaller When your phone vendor installs bloatwares on your device, this is the right app you need to remove them. System App Uninstaller removes system apps that can’t be normally removed. This app doesn’t only remove system apps, it also manages your apps. However, it is advised you shouldn’t just go about uninstalling all system apps unless you’re sure of what you’re doing.

1 Like

Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
Disk Digger
Disk Digger is a very useful app that lets you recover
deleted files. It recovers deleted files right on your Android
device even if you’ve formatted your SD card.
You should note that the free version only recovers lost
photos and MP4 videos, you need to install the pro version
if you intend to recover other file types.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
Pim.p My ROM
This is another app that lets your further personalize your
operating system and make things work just the way you
want. rom simple tewaks like setting WiFi scan intervals to
advanced ones like setting minimum & maximum CPU
frequencies, love-vendor My ROM is a root app any Android should
try.
There are apps and mods you can try out like the Sony
BRAVIA Engine 2 and more. However, it’s advised you
should use with caution as its still in Beta. Tampering with
what you don’t understand may have negative
consequences. Even the ones you’re sure of can send your
phone into a bootloop.

1 Like

Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by joyrealestates(f): 8:37pm On Sep 03, 2015
This is cool
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
Lucky Patcher This is one of the first apps I normally install after rooting my device. For each app, you can open the patch menu and do a few things like removing license verification, removing ads, changing permissions and more. Some apps too also support the custom patches preloaded with your lucky patcher install.

1 Like

Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
ES File Explorer ES File Explorer is more than just a file explorer, it has loads features and I think the name given to the app underestimates its capabilities. With root access, it can act a root explorer to access system files if you need to. There are also other features you can use without rooting your device like transferring files over WiFi.

1 Like

Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
Freedom
Developers need to make money to continue creating
awesome apps for us. I do not support cracking in anyway.
However, this app tends to bypass in-app purchases.
iFont
Just as the name suggests, this app changes the font on
your device. There are different fonts to chose from. This
does not necessarily need root access on some devices like
Samsung, Xiaomi and Huawei but you won’t be able to use
it without root access on other devices like HTC and Sony.
Greenify
As you use your device and install applications, it gets
slower overtime and starts lagging. This is due to some of
your installed apps always running in the backround. With
Greenify, you can hibernate these applications and speed
up your device.
It’s not really a root app anymore though, but there’s a
mode that needs Xposed Framework to function.
ROM Toolbox Pro
This is the all-powerful root app if you love installing
custom ROMs and modifying what you already have.
ROM Toolbox Pro combines the best features from apps like
Titanium Backup, ROM Manager, Root Explorer, SetCPU,
MetaMorph, Autorun Manager and others. It’s a paid software though.
Droid Wall
This app is not really dangerous but I decided to feature it, because it will be useful to most android users who want to manage their data consumption,this app allow you to choose the application, you want them to have access to the internet(data).
http://geek.ng/2015/08/try-these-dangerously-awesome-apps-on-your-rooted-android-device.html
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nice
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
I expect top see almighty apps one of which is titanium backup.

As a rom compiler,my must have pps are flashify,voltage regulator,faux clock,goo manager,franko kernel,set cpu,tubemate,xposed framework,apps2sd,unified storage and sms diverter...

Disc digger,root explorer as said by op are top.apps I can't do without

7 Likes

Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Paramount01(m): 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
Pls how can i back up my tecno r7 so that it will not brick
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by constance500: 10:00pm On Sep 03, 2015
going for pim.p my rom asap
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Tolzeal(m): 11:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
You should have atleast droo download links with the Process of dropping the apps names
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by chemmerfrank(m): 11:30pm On Sep 03, 2015
I still find rooting unnecessary.. At the end there is nothing your rooted phone can do that mine cant.

At least nothing important

1 Like

Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Collinz2(m): 12:17am On Sep 04, 2015
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Collinz2(m): 12:18am On Sep 04, 2015
chemmerfrank:
I still find rooting unnecessary.. At the end there is nothing your rooted phone can do that mine cant.

u must be joking

9 Likes

Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by emmadetemmy(m): 3:01am On Sep 04, 2015
Seems u are on oshogbo weed
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by misreal(m): 7:24am On Sep 04, 2015
how do I know my phone has been rooted
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Mafia4life(m): 7:35am On Sep 04, 2015
chemmerfrank:

You got it wrong big time. Your device is 40% not close to a rooted Android phone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by joshbouy(m): 7:46am On Sep 04, 2015
abeg all na wash...
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Arbiola(f): 8:09am On Sep 04, 2015
To root your phone, kindly download King root. It's one of the best app for rooting Android phones. You can get it from Play store, or google search"king root apk".

1 Like

Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by willian10: 8:10am On Sep 04, 2015
Clean master is better than greenify, op didn't mention SuperSU cheesy
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 04, 2015
Thmbz up ma nigga
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by chemmerfrank(m): 8:26am On Sep 04, 2015
Mafia4life:
You got it wrong big time. Your device is 40% not close to a rooted Android phone.
give me instances of what your rooted phone can do that mine cant?
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by OmichaelO: 8:58am On Sep 04, 2015
chemmerfrank:
give me instances of what your rooted phone can do that mine cant?
custom recovery
custom rom
tweaking your phone (overclock CPU,kernel etc)
Use some apps
delete system apps
backup your rom through custom recovery, in case anything goes wrong
upgrade to Unofficial rom, if your OEM decide not to support your device again
Hack and patch some apps

I will update the list when I remember more

4 Likes

Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by chemmerfrank(m): 9:02am On Sep 04, 2015
OmichaelO:
custom recovery
custom rom
tweaking your phone (overclock CPU,kernel etc)
Use some apps
delete system apps
backup your rom through custom recovery, in case anything goes wrong
upgrade to Unofficial rom, if your OEM decide not to support your device again
Hack and patch some apps

I will update the list when I remember more
but my phone works just fine..does all it said it would and could do on the manual..

I can disable some system apps
Tweaking cpu and the rest is crap most times..i have friends who do it, their phone dosent fly yet
No i like the official roms, michael bricked his phone the other day trying whatever experiment or rom he wanted to do.
You hack apps? These days google has to verify the apps even after you intsalled..most times the patch dont work..i have tried several of them. But if it works for you, it would work for me too

Still yet to convince me man. Its not useless.. Bt why take such a risk that dosent mean much and loose your precious 13months warranty. Its like sucide

1 Like

Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Collinz2(m): 9:16am On Sep 04, 2015
chemmerfrank:
but my phone works just fine..does all it said it would and could do on the manual..

Tweaking cpu and the rest is crap most times..i have friends who do it, their phone dosent fly yet
No i like the official roms, michael bricked his phone the other day trying whatever experiment or rom he wanted to do.
You hack apps? These days google has to verify the apps even after you intsalled..most times the patch dont work..i have tried several of them. But if it works for you, it would work for me too

Still yet to convince me man. Its not useless.. Bt why take such a risk that dosent mean much and loose your precious 13months warranty. Its like sucide
u cant upgrade ur phone without root if ur phone oem dont release update for u, do u knw u cant play some games if u dont buy it bt with rooted phone with lucky patch its possible,
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by GodswillAJudins(m): 9:23am On Sep 04, 2015
chemmerfrank:

Your mindset is unconvinceable
Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by OmichaelO: 9:23am On Sep 04, 2015
chemmerfrank:

sorry ? which app have you tried patching? give examples

no doubt, your phone will work fine..

disabling system apps is different from uninstalling system apps

your phone is not meant to fly, at least you'd get something much reasonable than. stock rom. don't get me wrong stock rom is not always bad, sometimes it's more stable than some custom ROMs

There is something called "unbrick" you know. And most times you can solve this problems at least 80%

And you can unroot, you have that option in superuser, or flash your official rom

So your warranty is safe, expect for Knox that Samsung introduced recently

1 Like

Re: Try These Dangerously Awesome Apps On Your Rooted Android Device by Segadem(m): 9:26am On Sep 04, 2015
joshbouy:
abeg all na wash...
u must be a PDP defector, because they don't appreciate any thing good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get 50 Naira, 100 Naira Or 200 Naira Airtime FREE From Operamini / 9 Best Tecno Android Phones in Nigeria / MTN * 131 * 25 # Bi-weekly Plan Has Been Temporary Unavailable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.