Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,620 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims (3423 Views)

Telecoms Operators Seek Four Week Grace Before Deactivating Defective Sims / How To Stop Simple Server From Disconnecting In Background / MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by Tomjazzy2: 10:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
I just discovered this evening that my sim seem to have been disconnected by MTN angry

I properly registered my sim two years back, and same was duly acknowledged by MTN. I was taken aback when they started bombarding me with unending sms some weeks ago, informing me to go and "verrify" my sim at their service center closest to me or risk disconnection; my sim has not been properly registered, they claimed.

After slight hesitation, I reluctantly visited an MTN service center last Friday to get the sim verified. After spending more than 2hours there, I was successfully registered by an MTN agent. I was sent another sms from MTN few hours after I left the service center, acknowledging that my sim has now been "properly registered".

Since this evening however, I have been unable to receive or make any calls. I get a "connection error" when ever I try dialing my number with another phone, and all attempts to get their CC hasn't been productive thus far angry angry

I wonder why MTN would disconnect my sim just like that

Please is there anyone who is experiencing same??
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
If not for MTN BBLITED N70 for 5GB. They can disconnect me. Ah no care

Op,Why not try porting the disconnected line?
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by Smooyis(m): 10:26pm On Sep 03, 2015
NCC over to you.
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by Tomjazzy2: 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2015
iyke926:
If not for MTN BBLITED N70 for 5GB. They can disconnect me. Ah no care

Op,Why not try porting the disconnected line?

That will be my last resort... Thanks
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by rafeelly(m): 10:45pm On Sep 03, 2015
have been getting so many messages too so I called their customer care and threatened to stop using their Sim and convince as many people as possible to stop also if they attempt to block my Sim I duly registered... the lady asked me a couple of questions and I got an SMS some minutes later saying my Sim has been verified

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by Tomjazzy2: 10:51pm On Sep 03, 2015
rafeelly:
have been getting so many messages too so I called their customer care and threatened to stop using their Sim and convince as many people as possible to stop also if they attempt to block my Sim I duly registered... the lady asked me a couple of questions and I got an SMS some minutes later saying my Sim has been verified

This is so infuriating I tell you; the collateral damage this has already caused me today alone is saddening sad

Please any MTN agent in here
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by jericco1(m): 10:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
Mine has been GLO, those ninnies gave me 24hrs ultimatum.
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by Tomjazzy2: 10:57pm On Sep 03, 2015
jericco1:
Mine has been GLO, those ninnies gave me 24hrs ultimatum.
You haven't been disconnected right?
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by rafeelly(m): 11:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
Tomjazzy2:
This is so infuriating I tell you; the collateral damage this has already caused me today alone is saddening sad

Please any MTN agent in here

the Mtn agents won't show face... very crazy network... take heart bruv... maybe u shud go back to one of their agent if the line is quite important or just port to another network
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by charcoal(m): 11:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
op im goin truu same thing here.... Exactly the same story
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by Folksyharry(m): 12:57am On Sep 04, 2015
I'm experiencing the same thing here. They sent me messages last week to go and verify my number and I did that last week. I even received the confirmatory message. they sent me the warning message again yesterday and I went to their office about 12pm and they told me I have nothing to worry about since I have verified my number before. I observed about 6pm today that I can't make or receive calls.
I just hope I will still be allowed to port after this. they can't tell me my number was illegally registered because I have been using it before the registration process started back then and I registered mine even long before deadline
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by Mucokey(m): 5:48am On Sep 04, 2015
Folksyharry:
I'm experiencing the same thing here. They sent me messages last week to go and verify my number and I did that last week. I even received the confirmatory message. they sent me the warning message again yesterday and I went to their office about 12pm and they told me I have nothing to worry about since I have verified my number before. I observed about 6pm today that I can't make or receive calls.
I just hope I will still be allowed to port after this. they can't tell me my number was illegally registered because I have been using it before the registration process started back then and I registered mine even long before deadline

Same iss here too...wished I could just dump them for good....buh...
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by Tomjazzy2: 7:09am On Sep 04, 2015
rafeelly:

the Mtn agents won't show face... very crazy network... take heart bruv... maybe u shud go back to one of their agent if the line is quite important or just port to another network

I wish dumping them now were that easy; its a very important number to me. Thanks
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by Tomjazzy2: 7:17am On Sep 04, 2015
Was finally able to get through to their CC late last night. I was told my registration is incomplete; my mother's maiden name was not supplied. This is the same information I have given them twice now sad

I this were to be a serious country, I wouldn't have hesitated exploring all legal means in dealing with this crooks. I guess this is Nigeria, so we all have to haplessly accept the whole poo angry

1 Like

Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by Misterdhee1(m): 8:16am On Sep 04, 2015
what keeps bothering me is y a south African company will take joy in exploiting us in our country!! WTF!
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by Segadem(m): 8:30am On Sep 04, 2015
Tomjazzy2:
I just discovered this evening that my sim seem to have been disconnected by MTN angry

I properly registered my sim two years back, and same was duly acknowledged by MTN. I was taken aback when they started bombarding me with unending sms some weeks ago, informing me to go and "verrify" my sim at their service center closest to me or risk disconnection; my sim has not been properly registered, they claimed.

After slight hesitation, I reluctantly visited an MTN service center last Friday to get the sim verified. After spending more than 2hours there, I was successfully registered by an MTN agent. I was sent another sms from MTN few hours after I left the service center, acknowledging that my sim has now been "properly registered".

Since this evening however, I have been unable to receive or make any calls. I get a "connection error" when ever I try dialing my number with another phone, and all attempts to get their CC hasn't been productive thus far angry angry

I wonder why MTN would disconnect my sim just like that

Please is there anyone who is experiencing same??
This is worrisome if the story here is true, my phone which is about #20,000 has data backups how come a big company like mtn that worth billions of dollars doesn't have backup of their customers.
That is why people call them:
e M p T y N et
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by Tomjazzy2: 9:00am On Sep 04, 2015
Misterdhee1:
what keeps bothering me is y a south African company will take joy in exploiting us in our country!! WTF!
South Africa, like many other well-structured countries, is quite different from Nigeria bro.
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by Dbrainiac1(m): 4:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
rafeelly:

Hahha, u na bad guy.
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by rafeelly(m): 10:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
Dbrainiac1:
Hahha, u na bad guy.
no time bro
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by rafeelly(m): 10:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
Dbrainiac1:
Hahha, u na bad guy.
no time bro
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by rafeelly(m): 10:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
Dbrainiac1:
Hahha, u na bad guy.
no time bro
Re: Mtn Wrongfully Disconnecting Sims by rafeelly(m): 11:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
Dbrainiac1:
Hahha, u na bad guy.
no time bro

(1) (Reply)

Official: Dream League Soccer 2020 Download DLS 20 For Android / Between S9+ And Iphone 7+ Plus..which Is Better / [photo] i bought Infinix Hot 2 But Saw Samsung S7 In The Carton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.