Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Nta: Our Ancestor’s Choice - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nta: Our Ancestor’s Choice (507 Views)

Nta To Clampdown On Staff Who Criticise Buhari's Administration / NTA: Obama Is Nigeria's Minister Of 'eployment', Shittu Is President / Akwa Ibom People Are Angry, They Say NTA Must Apologize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nta: Our Ancestor’s Choice by Olatheblogger: 10:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
NTA: Our Ancestor’s Choice
By Ola_The_Blogger

Who would have believed that there would be other Television stations that would compete with Our Own Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), NTA was the pride of all Nigerians in the 60s.

You remember those days of The National Anthem being played before the seeing that Rainbow Colours on your TV. It brought great joy to all Nigerians, Drama like: Papa Ajasco, Tales by Moonlight, The Bible Stories were the best short movies of our parents, grandparents then.

Okay, Stop dreaming, What’s wrong with NTA, I don’t know ?? You don’t know ? We don’t know Yes, truly we don’t know, where is the NTA of those days

NTA was the number 1 TV my parents would turn on to, the one your parents would turn on to, I believe if I had been born in the 60s with the tales of NTA I have heard, I would had put other TV stations on ‘Parental Lock’ just for NTA.

I started studying NTA when I was 15, all they did then was:
6am – 9am: AM Express
9am – 10am: News Hour
10am – 12:am: They bring in Ministers from different Ministries for interview
1pm – 2pm: Boombox
2pm – 2:30pm: Sport News
2:30pm – 3pm: Short Drama (Papa Ajasco n Co.)
4 – 5pm: News Hour again
5 – 6pm: They bring in Ministers from different Ministries for interview again
7 – 8pm: News Hour

What tha ‘uck? NTA is the only channel I know that read the news to us in 4 different languages Like we don’t understand English, they do ‘Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, then they read the news to those from Togo I think they call it ‘Iseyin’. NTA began receiving threat of takeover of viewers from other stations like the Late DBN, MITV, OGTV, Channels, Superscreen.

When the channels came into existences, they won the hearts of so many people, everybody in my school including me would start running from the school gate to each respective homes, just so we couldn’t miss ‘Power Rangers’ on Channels TV.

Then the King of Cartoons came into the industry ‘Silverbird Television’ , they won the hearts of so many young Nigerians with TV series like ‘Silver Hawk’ ‘Pinky & the Brain’ ‘Spiderman and his amazing friends’ ‘New Modern Tom & Jerry’. Even with all this going on….NTA did not even ‘Shake Body’ all they did was just read NEWS! NEWS!! NEWS!!! Kilode? (News no they tire them).

Check out the image quality of this stations:
NTA vs STV = STV wins
NTA vs SUPERSCREEN = SUPERSCREEN wins
NTA vs DBN = DBN wins
NTA vs TVC = TVC wins
Even NTA vs MITV = MITV wins

So be sincere NTA is so wack…….i mean the engineers ‘m very sure didn’t undergo any training.
NTA vs Channels (who have been winning the best TV Station of the year, where NTA day ??)
NTA, seriously, I even heard it’s the president that normally appoint the Director of Operations in NTA, What tha ‘uck ‘m very sure the President doesn’t watch NTA, because if he do, why would he let NTA disgrace we Nigerians, huh ‘m very sure the only time Fmr. President Jonathan watches NTA is only when he’s been interviewed or watching a review of his interview.

To let sleeping Dogs lie, TVC came into the picture, they brought us everything we needed from Movies to Music (BoomBox), Interviews, Sport, and so on….They have better sound quality, better quality image pictures than the so called National TV (NTA).
Listen to their News Line Pick up Lines:
NTA: Let’s go to today’s headline news (No Welcome, Good Evening or so ?)
TVC: Good Evening, This is TVC News, I am Ola_tha_Blogger, Lets take a look at Today’s Headlines
Channels: Good Afternoon, ‘m Ola_tha_Blogger and you are watching Sunrise Daily, stay tuned, now to today’s headline.
STV: Hello, Good Morning (shinning his/her 32), This is STV news Ola_tha_Blogger…Today’s Headlines.

NTA was so in support of our Fmr. Dummy Presido, all they did during the election was showed all the fake project, fake openings, then even showed us our Fmr. Dummy Presido brothers in arms (Asari Dokunbo and co).

NTA’s ‘ucked up, TVC and Channels are the best station with large viewers as witnesses both locally and internationally.

Wait, How can Channels be winning the best TV Station of the year, What’s NTA’s job ? Their presenters don’t they watch CNN, even if they cant afford DSTV, don’t they watch local stations like DBN, STV, Channels, TVC huh

Now that the Change is here (Sai Baba) if I could meet him personally, I would advice him jejely to scrap NTA away and name Channels as the Offical Broadcasting Station of Nigeria.

Don’t you agree

Follow on twitter: @Olatheblogger
Re: Nta: Our Ancestor’s Choice by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
lol.. It explains the idea of how constant change is and still shows how nothing last forever apart God..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Obvious Truth We Often Neglect / Http://puregarciniaelitefacts.com/au-nue/ / #TBT --> HILARIOUS: Worst Punishment In Nigerian Schools?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.