Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,226 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International (16294 Views)

Lalong To Fayose: We Dont Want You In APC / Funso Fayose Blasts Sahara Reporters:'U're A Sick Media Portal,We Dont Care' / NDA Equals Biafra Agitators, We Dont Need A Witch Doctor To Tell Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by vicadex07(m): 11:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
There is a recently trending fad all over nairaland now that the ibos use in consoling themselves that Yorubas don't go out of their enclave in the southwest and as such, are less exposed. grin I usually reel out in laughter at their folly. Yorubas dont usually do interstate because we believe our region to be better than any other in Nigeria unlike some people that sees the southwest especially Lagos as their own London.

To give a few instances, there are lot of countries in south America where Yoruba culture and Language are most prominent, heck they even celebrate our festivals and revere our kings like the alaafin of Oyo for instance. What about benin republic, togo, ghana, south africa etc. In Benin republic for instance, you will find large communities of Yoruba speakers both of indegenous origins and those from Nigeria too. Even their president is of Yoruba descent. Even spain, all the way in Europe isn't left out.

http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/yoruba-culture-gets-boost-spain/

Don't even let me talk about the UK scenario. Now law enforcement in Uk are trying to employ Yoruba speaking individuals in Uk cos of the sheer magnitude of Yoruba immigrants in the country. We are found everywhere all over the world and we live all over as prominent citizens respective of our hosts and we go about it quietly without chest beating.

This are just few mentions just from my observations and not even a comprehensive analysis.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by ShineuEye: 11:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
Yorubas dont usually do interstate because we believe our region to be better than any other in Nigeria unlike some people

Yorubas don't do interstate yet the biggest Yoruba ediot (Demdem) on Nairaland resides in Port-Harcourt.
Demdem how market?

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by SOUNDKING: 11:26pm On Sep 03, 2015
vicadex07:
There is a recently trending fad all over nairaland now that the ibos use in consoling themselves that Yorubas don't go out of their enclave in the southwest and as such, are less exposed. grin I usually reel in laughter at their folly. Yorubas dont usually do interstate because we believe our region to be better than any other in Nigeria unlike some people that sees the southwest especially Lagos as their own London.

To give a few instances, there are lot of cities in south America where Yoruba culture and Language are most prominent, heck they even celebrate our festivals and revere our kings like the alaafin of Oyo for instance.

Don't even let me talk about the UK scenario. Now law enforcement in Uk are trying to employ Yoruba speaking individuals in Uk cos of the sheer magnitude of immigrants in the country. We are found everywhere all over the world and we live all over as prominent citizens respective of our hosts.
the op is high on fresh ewedu+black amala. -----',l,;;;amala vampires having sleepless night over Igbo and Biafra at large,,,u go soon get patial stroke.....kikikikikikikiki.

22 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by vicadex07(m): 11:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
hahaha...truth is bitter. Tell your ignorant ibo brothers to come and learn. I will school you all by myself grin
SOUNDKING:
the op is high on fresh ewedu+black amala. -----',l,;;;amala vampires having sleepless night over Igbo and Biafra at large,,,u go soon get patial stroke.....kikikikikikikiki.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by 4stylz: 11:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
Everybody travels, every tribes are everywhere in the country

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by vicadex07(m): 11:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
I know dimwits like you will come here to blab. I thought your ibo brothers say we never leave our enclaves in the southwest and its only ibos that travel
ShineuEye:

Yorubas don't do interstate yet the biggest Yoruba ediot (Demdem) on Nairaland resides in Port-Harcourt.
Demdem how market?

12 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by vicadex07(m): 11:37pm On Sep 03, 2015
pls tell that to the ignorant ibo peeps we have here on nairaland
4stylz:
Everybody travels, every tribes are everywhere in the country

10 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by meforyou1(m): 11:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
vicadex07:
There is a recently trending fad all over nairaland now that the ibos use in consoling themselves that Yorubas don't go out of their enclave in the southwest and as such, are less exposed. grin I usually reel in laughter at their folly. Yorubas dont usually do interstate because we believe our region to be better than any other in Nigeria unlike some people that sees the southwest especially Lagos as their own London.

To give a few instances, there are lot of cities in south America where Yoruba culture and Language are most prominent, heck they even celebrate our festivals and revere our kings like the alaafin of Oyo for instance.

Don't even let me talk about the UK scenario. Now law enforcement in Uk are trying to employ Yoruba speaking individuals in Uk cos of the sheer magnitude of immigrants in the country. We are found everywhere all over the world and we live all over as prominent citizens respective of our hosts.
Boy, there are more igbos than Yorubas in UK and U.S. Say what u know

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by coolitempa(f): 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2015
I just don't gerrit....why do the flat.heads expect Yorubas to travel SE.....what's my business there.... cheesy.....to experience erosion....baby factories.....fake drugs....kidnapping.....etc....I mean they themselves run out of the place like they are being chased by some evil spirit......but want us to go to that same place they are running from....these people are truly crazy..... cheesy

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by vicadex07(m): 11:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
lol...bare faced lie grin Even your brothers will deny you on this one. If you had mentioned china now where you import fake goods or all those asian countries like malaysia or indonesia where you carry hard drugs to, I might have been inclined to give it a thought
meforyou1:

22 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by brize(m): 11:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
Yoruba!!!! as usual you must try and propagate your stupiid selves again, have you not heard about the saying that goes........ Any where you go and you did not see an igbo man then know the place is uninhabitable? We do interstate, we go international, so stop chasing the wind and chase your dream........... Igbos are better and will always be better than you folks forever

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by OkutaNla: 11:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
meforyou1:

Lol. Wey the data wey you take arrive at that fallacy that igbos are more than Yorubas in the U.K ? You high or something? Peckham na Yoruba colony and you dey here dey talk out of your anus. Shey na for LA, NY, Maryland/D.C/Virginia tristate area, abi for Houston, Chicago and ATL igbos plenty pass Yorubas in the U.S? The only parts of the world where there are more igbos than Yorubas are China, Indonesia, Gabon, and maybe Thailand. And we know that's thanks to the drug trade you all dominate. cheesy

The SE is only attractive to folks who intend to trade coz the only thing you all can boast of over there is having the biggest markets for trading. Alas, we all can't be traders.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by ShineuEye: 11:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
vicadex07:
I know dimwits like you will come here to blab. I thought your ibo brothers say we never leave our enclaves in the southwest and its only ibos that travel

I am not Igbo but a proud Niger-Deltan, just trying to prove how ediotic your topic is.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by totoisgud(m): 11:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
vicadex07:

Honestly speaking I think u r frustrated & jobless. U r consumed with hate, envy & jealousy. Your mates r out there making moni & u r here fighting Yoruba/Ibo war. Experience has taught me dat tribalist trouble makers r usually touts, jobless people and people with no confidence / low self esteem. I'm sure u know yr category.

U r here boasting abt d achievement of others. Wot abt yr own? R u d 1 travelling 2 d US/UK? Can't u c dat u r deluded? 4 d record I'm not Ibo but I think u hv a problem. Better change yr orientation or u wud b left behind.

19 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by vicadex07(m): 11:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
It is pure fact! If not, give me your own conjectures that suggest otherwise like mine and not what one demdem says. You get it? Try to compose your posts and arguments like a literate fellow, except if am wrong about that of course
ShineuEye:

I am not Igbo but a proud Niger-Deltan, just trying to prove how ediotic your topic is.

2 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by vicadex07(m): 11:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
lol...why are you all quick to deny being igbo. Is that name now being stigmatized grin
totoisgud:

Honestly speaking I think u r frustrated & jobless. U r consumed with hate, envy & jealousy. Your mates r out there making moni & u r here fighting Yoruba/Ibo war. Experience has taught me dat tribalist trouble makers r usually touts, jobless people and people with no confidence / low self esteem. I'm u know yr category.

U r here boasting abt d achievement of others. Wot abt yr own? R u d 1 travelling 2 d US/UK? Can't u c dat u r deluded? 4 d record I'm not Ibo but I think u hv a problem. Better change yr orientation or u wud b left behind.

ShineuEye:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by brize(m): 11:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
coolitempa:
I just don't gerrit....why do the flat.heads expect Yorubas to travel SE.....what's my business there.... cheesy.....to experience erosion....baby factories.....fake drugs....kidnapping.....etc....I mean they themselves run out of the place like they are being chased by some evil spirit......but want us to go to that same place they are running from....these people are truly crazy..... cheesy
but at the end what do you achieved by staying on your prosperous land? In that same fruitful land of yours You pay rent to papa emeka, you go to the market and still beg ugochukwu to sale for a cheaper rate to you, you beg odinaka to help offload the goods in his container to a warehouse, my question is this, why is it that someone chased by whatever from his erosion village still comes to your dubai states and make you his servant?? its laziness, yes laziness.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by meccuno: 12:00am On Sep 04, 2015
vicadex07:

not to be disrespectful to your. Tribe but the country in south america you are talking about is brazil.....the yorubas there were there as a result of slave trade not necessarily because the yorubas travel a lot.......I think the UK and ireland are the countries were the yorubas have a sizeable population compared to the igbos.....in SA, igbos are more,togo,cameroun,angola,ghana igbos are more than the yorubas........in the US, I doubt if the yourubas are more because texas has a very huge population of igbos.......igbos are in germany,china,taiwan,malaysia.....back in the days, igbos were headed in the direction of holland and belgium but I doubt if they still go there en mass.....they prefer asia particularly for business cause of cheap labour and production.......these are the ones I know.......maybe there are others.....but most importantly, igbos are the largest population second to the indigenous population of most states in Nigeria..........whether the yorubas feel theirs is the best is not the issue, but to the fact that right before the war and even after, igbos have always been people who move a lot...... Least I forget, igbos have a sizeable population in israel........I know a couple of dudes there.......I know the igbos brag which I see nothing wrong with that might be excessive at times, but when they say they travel more than the yorubas, its not about chest beating, its about facts....am not a tribal dude. And I don't need any insult. Just stated the obvious.....but if you as a yoruba person disapproves, we could start with Nigeria. From the first to the last states then when through, we go and check african states if not enough then we go international...........

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by OkutaNla: 12:00am On Sep 04, 2015
vicadex07:
lol...bare faced lie grin Even your brothers will deny you on this one. If you had mentioned china now where you import fake goods or all those asian countries like malaysia or indonesia where you carry hard drugs to, I might have been inclined to give it a thought

Olofo ni bobo yen mehn. Talking about Igbos more than Yorubas in U.k and U.S, like say those two countries je gege bi China. cheesy Even British Police sef acknowledge Yorubas by recruiting Yoruba-speaking bobbies/police cheesy

http://www.punchng.com/news/british-police-to-recruit-yoruba-speaking-officers-2/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by kettykings: 12:03am On Sep 04, 2015
They don't travel indeed but we know the people who are defacing the roads of Abuja and port Harcourt with rickety scraps in the name of taxi driving or how about the fake automechanics who litre Abuja and other northern states where they fool ignorant car owners in the name of repair and service of cars.

How about the never do well tailors and concoctions sellers who walk the length and breadth of Nigeria selling their herbal products and tailoring services.

6 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by meforyou1(m): 12:05am On Sep 04, 2015
OkutaNla:

Lol. Wey the data wey you take arrive at that fallacy that igbos are more than Yorubas in the U.K ? You high or something? Peckham na Yoruba colony and you dey here dey talk out of your anus. Shey na for LA, NY, Maryland/D.C/Virginia tristate area, abi for Houston igbos plenty pass Yorubas in the U.S? The only parts of the world where there are more igbos than Yorubas are China, Indonesia, Gabon, and maybe Thailand. And we know that's thanks to the drug trade you all dominate. cheesy

The SE is only attractive to folks who intend to trade coz the only thing you all can boast of over there is having the biggest markets for trading. Alas, we all can't be traders.
Which Yoruba colony in Peckham? Peckham that my cousin has landed properties. Dominated by igbos and Jamaicans. So also Tottenham. So also Brixton. Boy, you shouldknow who you tell those tales by moonlight, not widely travelled person like me

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by DICK4UCKPUSSY: 12:08am On Sep 04, 2015
The only continent igbos dominate is asia and we all know the reason why they re all trooping there..
Yorubas, owns 80% of african investement in Uk,ireland,Usa,germany .
Hardly you will see an igbo man establishing business in this countries because their business cannot survive in countries where law and orders re strict

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by meforyou1(m): 12:08am On Sep 04, 2015
kettykings:
They don't travel indeed but we know the people who are defacing the roads of Abuja and port Harcourt with rickety scraps in the name of taxi driving or how about the fake automechanics who litre Abuja and other northern states where they fool ignorant car owners in the name of repair and service of cars.

How about the never do well tailors and concoctions sellers who walk the length and breadth of Nigeria selling their herbal products and tailoring services.
Don't mind those cowards. Do u know that during June 12 crisis in minna, taxi drivers went on strike, because 98% taxi drivers were Yorubas. And they are here telling me international

4 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by badnature: 12:09am On Sep 04, 2015
your region is best and every data keep showing us that south east is ahead of you in MDG? ignorance,wishful thinking,naivety is now a way of life to yoloba people

12 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by OkutaNla: 12:09am On Sep 04, 2015
kettykings:
They don't travel indeed but we know the people who are defacing the roads of Abuja and port Harcourt with rickety scraps in the name of taxi driving or how about the fake automechanics who litre Abuja and other northern states where they fool ignorant car owners in the name of repair and service of cars

Guy, at least those folks are making a decent and honest living, compared to your almajiri kinsmen who deal in life-threatening fake drugs (even Dora Akunyili wasn't spared) and Alomo bitters cheesy, fake cables burning up countless homes, fake spare parts that are costing Nigerian car owners billions in unnecessary expenses. Like WTF??

8 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by meforyou1(m): 12:11am On Sep 04, 2015
coolitempa:
Ashawo, who wants to see HIV donatus like you in d east. Mumu

5 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by OkutaNla: 12:11am On Sep 04, 2015
meforyou1:
Which Yoruba colony in Peckham? Peckham that my cousin has landed properties. Dominated by igbos and Jamaicans. So also Tottenham. So also Brixton. Boy, you shouldknow who you tell those tales by moonlight, not widely travelled person like me

cheesy cheesy Even the British bobbies disagree with you, punk. Now choke on that coz Igbos no dey on that list of languages. cheesy cheesy

http://www.punchng.com/news/british-police-to-recruit-yoruba-speaking-officers-2/

3 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by vicadex07(m): 12:11am On Sep 04, 2015
I believe if the Igbos are to trace their true origins, they will have some links with china and not the Jews like they all like to admit
DICK4UCKPUSSY:
The only continent igbos dominate is asia and we all know the reason why they re all trooping there..
Yorubas, owns 80% of african investement in Uk,ireland,Usa,germany .
Hardly you will see an igbo man establishing business in this countries because their business cannot survive in countries where law and orders re strict

3 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by DICK4UCKPUSSY: 12:12am On Sep 04, 2015
meforyou1:
Stop lying mr LiE-NUS. Yorubas dominate any african tribe in USA they have 1.8 million yorubas as at year 2000 census ,take this pill to cure ur ignorance and stop telling lies
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_American

4 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by OkutaNla: 12:15am On Sep 04, 2015
DICK4UCKPUSSY:

Stop lying mr LiE-NUS. Yorubas dominate any african tribe in USA they have 1.8 million yorubas as at year 2000 census ,take this pill to cure ur ignorance and stop telling lies
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_American

Lol. Na only for im mind Igbos plenty pass Yorubas in the U.S., and even Canada sef. Na places like China, Thailand and Indonesia Igbos prefer to go. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 04, 2015
Apart from UK, I don't think any other Nigerian tribe has more population outside Nigeria than Igbos.

9 Likes

Re: When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International by vicadex07(m): 12:18am On Sep 04, 2015
[size=16pt]unlike some people that sees the southwest especially Lagos as their own London[/size] grin
OkutaNla:

cheesy cheesy Even the British bobbies disagree with you, punk. Now choke on that coz Igbos no dey on that list of languages. cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

‘Sacked’ Osinbajo’s Aides Not In Humanitarian Ministry / Lagos Guber Aspirant, Ade Dosunmu Dumps PDP, Joins NNPP / Kennedy Ibe Impeached As Imo Assembly Speaker, Replaced With Emeka Nduka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.