Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? (35693 Views)

Which One Should I Take First; NIM Or MBA? / Buhari Suspends Tenure Policy In The Federal Civil Service / What Are The Highest Paying Federal Government Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Bigshark(m): 7:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
[quote author=LobsanRampa post=37648910]Hi my able N'landers, I want seek an advice from you, may God bless you all. I am currently working with the Federal Ministry Of Works as Civil Engineer I (GL 09) and will be due for promotion to GL 10 by next year. I got an appointment with a Federal University as Senior Civil Engineer, a non academic staff ( CONTISS 09) in the Works and Maintenance Department. Please I need an advice from you, should I continue with my current work or take the new one.
Thanks and God bless.

pls LALASTICLALA !!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote
E be like say U still dey learn work! Just 2013 lolz... Mehn come see dos dat graduated 5yrs b4 u, dat means u neva enter school when dey graduated. Meanwhile d dude said Non Academic staff.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by KLand(m): 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
LobsanRampa:
Hi my able N'landers, I want seek an advice from you, may God bless you all. I am currently working with the Federal Ministry Of Works as Civil Engineer I (GL 09) and will be due for promotion to GL 10 by next year. I got an appointment with a Federal University as Senior Civil Engineer, a non academic staff ( CONTISS 09) in the Works and Maintenance Department. Please I need an advice from you, should I continue with my current work or take the new one.
Thanks and God bless.

pls LALASTICLALA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
\

Which of the jobs do you have more passion for? Follow your heart.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by adonismuller(m): 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
Chinaimporter:
As a civil engineer that have been working for a long time,i will advise you that it is time for you to stop working for others and let your money work for you....invest in snake farming buizness and see how much you will make in a very short time....just quit your job and build a suitable snake house and then go to bauchi and catch many snakes especially vipers,black adder and african spitting cobra, farm them and let them grow and produce venomious offspring..u dont need an insurance because no armed robber or theif will visit your place...pm me for details on how to monetize the snakes
I saw your brain in a mortuary lying close to the three guy's liking your post.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Fawwaz05(m): 8:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
Sorry this is coming late. I work in a university as a medical officer. I am a Deputy Director of Health Services. As a civil engineer in a university, you are a potential Director of Works and Services, a position that any Engineer worth his salt will dream for.

In terms of earnings, contiss is much more than GL of equivalent status.

Forget teaching as a civil engineer unless you have strong natural flair for research.

Take the university job as senior engineer, learn the rope, work hard, climb the ladder and thank me later

2 Likes

Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Dera25(m): 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
Chinaimporter:
As a civil engineer that have been working for a long time,i will advise you that it is time for you to stop working for others and let your money work for you....invest in snake farming buizness and see how much you will make in a very short time....just quit your job and build a suitable snake house and then go to bauchi and catch many snakes especially vipers,black adder and african spitting cobra, farm them and let them grow and produce venomious offspring..u dont need an insurance because no armed robber or theif will visit your place...pm me for details on how to monetize the snakes

guy are u for real? Take snake farm in exchange of federal work? If I may ask, what are the economic benefits of the snake farm? Haaaa! I nor fit laugh abeg
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by MIM77(m): 8:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
yanabasee:
Go for lecturing... And if there is any slot for jobs just lemme know... You've got ample opportunities lingering around u and I've been a graduate since 2013 and no job. Its not fair oh.

The appointment is not a lecturing job i.e. Non-academic as stated in the post.
As per the advise he is seeking, the GL 9 in both jobs does not mean they are at par. Contiss 9 is equivalent to GL 10 in the mainstream civil service but not in financial terms. The differential salarywise bw ur current job n the one u are considering should be in the region of #50,000 or thereabout. You may just take the new job, its worthwhile.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 8:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
MIM77:

The appointment is not a lecturing job i.e. Non-academic as stated in the post.
As per the advise he is seeking, the GL 9 in both jobs does not mean they are at par. Contiss 9 is equivalent to GL 10 in the mainstream civil service but not in financial terms. The differential salarywise bw ur current job n the one u are considering should be in the region of #50,000 or thereabout. You may just take the new job, its worthwhile.
Olright... I had reinstated my points...after which I was cleared it was a non-lecturing job...
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by goshen26: 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
Chinaimporter:
Lwkm......u funny o
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by tk4rd: 9:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
admax:
Federal ministry of Works is far better than a Federal university NASU staff.....The benefit as a civil engineer under the Federal Government is too enormous to mention!
Bill-1 things.. wink if assigned a site (or sites)
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by kklove4real(f): 9:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
Vikkiboi:

Chei grin this kklove4real is fine o kiss
..........thanks as u done ginger my swag, miss naija all the way..lolz
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by SunnyJJ: 9:14pm On Sep 04, 2015
What a huge oppurtunity! Double job na, abi na crime to double job?
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by 400billionman: 9:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
LobsanRampa:
Hi my able N'landers, I want seek an advice from you, may God bless you all. I am currently working with the Federal Ministry Of Works as Civil Engineer I (GL 09) and will be due for promotion to GL 10 by next year. I got an appointment with a Federal University as Senior Civil Engineer, a non academic staff ( CONTISS 09) in the Works and Maintenance Department. Please I need an advice from you, should I continue with my current work or take the new one.
Thanks and God bless.

pls LALASTICLALA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continue with your current job. Both are federal jobs. Moreover the University job is non academic.

Some people commenting without understanding have started calling you lecturer. Some porous brains. You will earn better on your current job.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by being(m): 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
This second option shouldn't be a consideration! As a civil engineer in the works ministry, u get a broader and more interesting experience. You have more access to besides salary incomes. And u r not a second class citizen. Some pple say u.can become Director of Works- what's dt? - when u.can become perm.sec or director at d ministry responsible for billions worth of construction. And then contiss is a higher scale which i believe is ur attraction to d university job- I think u 'll get a faster promotion in d ministry and more incomes . And u might b bored in d university. Overall, d ministry is better

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by 400billionman: 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
yanabasee:
Go for lecturing... And if there is any slot for jobs just lemme know... You've got ample opportunities lingering around u and I've been a graduate since 2013 and no job. Its not fair oh.

Where did you see lecturing. ?

Bro, i dislike unitelligent people.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by 400billionman: 9:54pm On Sep 04, 2015
oreos:

He couldn't have achieved all that with his salary

That guy you are quoting is very unintelligent. Just check his FTC comment.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by 400billionman: 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
seanjy4konji:
i deh come back.

My brother.. Federal Goverment is better. ..You will be promoted as long as you update your CV and think of gratuity when you retire and this does not mean that you wont have other things you would have been doing prior to getting to about level 14 or more...

Nigeria is getting better so the retirement payments from federal goverment work would be paid promptly also...

Government my man.

Why is it that most young people cannot pay attention to details ? The topic said both jobs are federal govt jobs. The body of the write up confirmed same.

How did you guys pass JAMB ?
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by mechanics(m): 10:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
yanabasee:
lolz, dont worry, keep searching.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by mechanics(m): 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
Well, both are federal jobs, but d salary in a university wil b higher dan dat in ur present ministry, just like CONRAISS, so weigh both sides, but to me i prefer u remain in dat works ministry, and leave dat oda vacancy 4 those dat dont ave at all, u ave to b grateful with wat u ave.

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by haytripple(m): 10:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
I just think you shd pray abt it cos both jobs looks okay bt apart frm prayer, the non academic staFf job in uni shd be okay....and u shd also consider the salary
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by 400billionman: 10:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
tobimillar:

Na wah oo...E be like ur brain dey shake

NEPA disconnected her brain from power grid.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by 400billionman: 10:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
IYANGBALI:
but fresh toto no dey dat one now

Who let you out of Assylum. ?
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by rubyradiance(f): 10:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
OP stay where u are ooo atleast you've been confirmed & expecting promotion,If God wanted d noin academic job 4 you it would have come earlier..
But wait ooo,how una take dey get these federal job sef @ OP pls help a sister ooo certificate since 2009 no be joke oo

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 10:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
400billionman:

Where did you see lecturing. ?

Bro, i dislike unitelligent people.
And I hate fools.... How do u measure up intelligence? By reading through forums? You're the dumbest and the stupidest person I've ever quoted on this forum!
If you quote me again... You won't like my next comments.... I'll make life miserable for you on this forum! Trust me!
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by 400billionman: 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
seanjy4konji:
You talk tru...4 years now nothing in the job sector for me and going to 5 years and i dont even know if job still exist in Nigeria but what can i do than advice a fellow brother..

It is an error. Guy, you have to stand and make pronouncements into your life. Anything you reject in your life gives way. Anything you are comfortable with stays. Contend with your discontentments.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by 400billionman: 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
yanabasee:

And I hate fools.... How do u measure up intelligence? By reading through forums? You're the dumbest and the stupidest person I've ever quoted on this forum!
If you quote me again... You won't like my next comments.... I'll make life miserable for you on this forum! Trust me!

You are very idiotic not to take corrections. And you are looking for work..
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 10:30pm On Sep 04, 2015
oreos:

He couldn't have achieved all that with his salary
Do you know how much a head of a non teaching staff earns?... Lol... You might wana check out! And most people have got ways of managing and making profits to become greater in life... I'm not telling you to doubt me... I'm telling you becoz I'm close to his two sons....and I know what it is when they started from the ground...
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 10:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
400billionman:

You are very idiotic not to take corrections. And you are looking for work..
I never ask a deranged bastard for one... You might wana go ask ur drunkard father what minding one's business entail...
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
yanabasee:

Do you know how much a head of a non teaching staff earns?... Lol... You might wana check out! And most people have got ways of managing and making profits to become greater in life... I'm not telling you to doubt me... I'm telling you becoz I'm close to his two sons....and I know what it is when they started from the ground...

shocked I am not too young to know how university runs in Nigeria. The man should be charged to court for embezzlement. His hands are not clean.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 10:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
mechanics:
lolz, dont worry, keep searching.
I wasn't searching.... Was simply trying to make connections with the OP! You don't wana know what it is like to search for a job in this country!
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by yanabasee(m): 10:38pm On Sep 04, 2015
oreos:

shocked I am not too young to know how university runs in Nigeria. The man should be charged to court for embezzlement. His hands are not clean.
You might be too young to know everything... When the EFCC arraigned the school VC, many lecturers n heads of depts and units where also called for questioning over some alleged looting of funds, few lecturers and unit heads where caught..but he wasn't ..... Maybe you should go arrest him yourself!
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by 400billionman: 10:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
yanabasee:

I never ask a deranged bastard for one... You might wana go ask ur drunkard father what minding one's business entail...

Next time before you make a comment, think twice, read thrice, if you are hard of understansing.

I am not castigating you.
Re: Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
yanabasee:

You might be too young to know everything... When the EFCC arraigned the school VC, many lecturers n heads of depts and units where also called for questioning over some alleged looting of funds, few lecturers and unit heads where caught..but he wasn't ..... Maybe you should go arrest him yourself!

I was asked to ignore you but I didn't listen. I am going to take that advice now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs / Night Security My Colleagues Exposing Himself Always While Sleeping / Policeman In Uniform Gets Himself Drunk After Taking Ogogoro.see Reactions(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.