Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? - Phones (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? (55989 Views)

Apple Is Locking People Out Of Their Iphones But It's For Their Own Good / What People Do With Their Iphones / What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by clementnoble22(m): 9:25am On Sep 07, 2015
247notire:
My Samsung Galaxy A5 has fallen facedown on tiles severally but it has never been scratched... So pls another point.
U cant get a text dictionary on-the-go. U type a word as a text, highlight the text and check for the meaning of the text ASAP, iPhone tells u d meaning, no stress!!!
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Lordaweezy: 10:01am On Sep 07, 2015
Baddestguyp:
don't mind him. the modern combat series are the closest mebile games to battlefield on console.

my mc4 online multi-player score in one of my team battle matches

cheaters are plenty in mc4

get mc5✔
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:26am On Sep 07, 2015
Lordaweezy:

cheaters are plenty in mc4

get mc5✔
true. but I have some issues with mc5 so I'll stick with 4 for I while
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by elohorayodele: 10:29am On Sep 07, 2015
laivwire:
The day I was converted to an IPhone from Android was when I ran a particular game on my Htc same time with my cousin who uses an IPhone 4. The difference in gameplay was stunning I just had to switch. Today I have over 5 Apple products.

For brevity's sake, I will just list some of the features that makes me still to an IPhone 5 till date.

1. Screen: is simply stunning. Gorilla glass that is scratch resistant and displays vivid colours. Other phones that display same are quite few.

2. Compact size: why lug a 5" slate around when a 4" will do just fine and still packs enough features. It even makes the resolution better. This I have compared with note4 and Samsung Galxy S5 screens.

3. The processor handles anything. Fluid performance. Simply!

4. Apps? Enough! There are hardly any very interesting game on Android that's not present on Apple, IMHO though but I'm open to correction

5. Ease of use: ever wondered how Apple phones get to thrive with just one button? While Android still packs 3 till date.the gesture options are just more than enough and you get by anything easily.

6. Compatibility: I use Xender apps, use Vlc to download movies and music online: free.

Lastly, it's timeless, the same hardware design has been held for over 10 years, no need to upgrade each and every time, sell and resell, just upgrade software and you are good to go.

I'll stop here for now. Thanks
Jailbreaking is quite unnecessary if you really want to enjoy your iPhone

pls how do you download movies with VLC?
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
clementnoble22:

U cant get a text dictionary on-the-go. U type a word as a text, highlight the text and check for the meaning of the text ASAP, iPhone tells u d meaning, no stress!!!

Inbuilt dictionary isn't a feature u shld kill urself for. Even legacy bbs have it

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by clementnoble22(m): 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2015
ollah1:

Inbuilt dictionary isn't a feature u shld kill urself for. Even legacy bbs have it
That's a big lie. I can bet on that.....
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by MrOra(m): 6:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
Gbyte:

Why would you expect phones of different capacity to have same price ? Listen to yourself. Contract phones in U.S. Are usually $199 on contract and outright purchase is $699. When you don't know something, you ask, when you pick a i6 plus is when you pay more or of higher capacity
Oga stop talking trash, according to you iPhone6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 are the same price in other countries, go and do your research well.
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by solodox(m): 9:14am On Sep 08, 2015
imsuboi:
iPhones are not for illiterates and fvckboys.

iOS is class;
iOS is King! cool cool

#TRUETHAT brov!
i restrained myself, aswearit i did, buh seeing the stease non users are spewing, i just cant keep mute, first off, the iphone is off the charts as is, but to really implement the GOD factor, we marry this amazing girl called cydia through a process called jailbreaking. I could realy try to tell y'all whats possible when you have a jailbroken iphone buh i dont think your civilization can manage such a major shock...

For further studies, google 'cydia possibilities'
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 08, 2015
solodox:

#TRUETHAT brov!
i restrained myself, aswearit i did, buh seeing the stease non users are spewing, i just cant keep mute, first off, the iphone is off the charts as is, but to really implement the GOD factor, we marry this amazing girl called cydia through a process called jailbreaking. I could realy try to tell y'all whats possible when you have a jailbroken iphone buh i dont think your civilization can manage such a major shock...

For further studies, google 'cydia possibilities'

Yeah your ghetto language says it all

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by free37: 3:58pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hmm... lipsrsealed
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Rockyfancino(m): 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2015
clementnoble22:

I do it on my android.

3 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2015
clementnoble22:

That's a big lie. I can bet on that.....
How much ?
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Fulaman198(m): 7:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
They do the exact same thing that others do on a smartphone with a Mobile OS. Although, I think most Apple users are clueless as to what is out there (not all but most). I know a few tech-savvy Apple users.

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Sike(m): 5:21am On Oct 31, 2015
Iphone is sweet but i love my Android so much.

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 31, 2015
MrOra:
IPhone is just for bragging rights, that's why apple only improves specs that are already for that, camera, screen size, fingerprint sensor. Nothing deep. Let someone step up and tell me something iPhone can do that other high end phones cannot do.

Nothing. Because anytime apple bring out a feature, the rest will copy. So there's nothing iphone can do that techno cannot do

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Fulaman198(m): 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
tumababa:

Nothing. Because anytime apple bring out a feature, the rest will copy. So there's nothing iphone can do that techno cannot do

You have it the other way around, whenever other people bring out features, Apple copies. Voice commands did not come out first on Apple Devices, they have been on Android devices since (I'd like to say Android 2.1). Multi-tasking with apps, and swiping apps away was an Android idea first.

The moral of this story is that technological companies all borrow ideas from one another. Apple actually is most guilty of this than anyone else. Large phones (don't even get me started, Apple took forever to bring out larger phones.).

2 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by baba11(m): 6:51am On Nov 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

You have it the other way around, whenever other people bring out features, Apple copies. Voice commands did not come out first on Apple Devices, they have been on Android devices since (I'd like to say Android 2.1). Multi-tasking with apps, and swiping apps away was an Android idea first.

The moral of this story is that technological companies all borrow ideas from one another. Apple actually is most guilty of this than anyone else. Large phones (don't even get me started, Apple took forever to bring out larger phones.).
I can't blame them for doing these...if they've been non challant to technological innovation and invention around them, where do we think they'll be now?

Who still uses black and white TVs? cool

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by tomiobj(m): 7:07am On Nov 01, 2015
Nsonaso:

1. iPhone has a built in Dictionary that automatically integrate into every App you install on your iPhone, making it easy for you to find meaning of words right on the App you’re using (just by taping and holding the word and click on “Define” on the list of options that appear…) without leaving the App.

Even works on the word you type yourself for example you're writing a message (WhatsApp message /Normal SMS) or Taking a Note or commenting on a post in Nairaland, Facebook etc with any App of your choice, just tap and hold the "word" that you want to "Define" nd click "Define" on options that appears.

[/font][/b]
I can do this on any app on my blackberry q10. I can even tap the search icon to google the word. D 3rd icon is 4 dictionary

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by tomiobj(m): 7:13am On Nov 01, 2015
Nsonaso post=37652130

2. iPhone has Text to Speech engine that integrate into every App you install on your iPhone, enabling your iPhone to read every Text file on the screen while you do the listening. (It works across all your Apps including third-party Apps like Chrome, Opera mini, MS word etc. You can as well just select a particular word you don’t know how to pronounce (either on your browser, Opera Mini for instance or any other App you install on your iPhone) and your iPhone will pronounce it for you. I use this feature to read long Nairaland articles

Even works on the word you type yourself for example you're writing a message (WhatsApp message /Normal SMS) or Taking a Note or commenting on a post in Nairaland, Facebook etc with any App of your choice, just tap and hold the "word" that you want to "pronounce" nd click "speak" on the options that appears.
You can as well select the whole text and click speak on the options that appear and your iPhone will read the entire Text for you while you do the listing...

.........For those who are interested........
Android also has this Text to Speech engine feature but it's kind of limited to some Apps like Moon+Reader for PDF and EPUB books and Polaris Office 5 upwards for Word document and text......

[/font:

[/b]
Blackberry has this but it is called screen reader. It works on all apps BlackBerry + android. even on the home screen

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by tomiobj(m): 7:18am On Nov 01, 2015
Nsonaso:

3. Have you ever played a Music with your phone while you’re feeling sleepy and you wish your phone could stop playing the music when you doss off? Well iPhone does it even when you’re using a third-party Music Player like TTPod or Musixmatch etc.

[/font][/b]
this is an un necessary feature as the phone can not possibly know you are asleep. If u r playing music for a long period of tym. It stops. This is just a hindrance. As an average person wuld make a Playlist that stops after lyk 5 mins after u sleep. You can do this on any phone
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by tomiobj(m): 7:23am On Nov 01, 2015
Nsonaso:

4. A lot of people like to take Selfie, but using your hand to hold your phone and control the camera at the same time, is kind of look awkward but with your iPhone Original headset, you can place your iPhone on a table or anything at all and comfortably control the Camera of your iPhone just with the volume locker on your headset.

[/font][/b]
Habaaaaa. This 1 na ojoro. You can take pics with the volume rockers on any phone. Specially BlackBerry and android. How do you think selfie sticks work? D wired 1s u plug to the earpiece space
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by tomiobj(m): 7:27am On Nov 01, 2015
Nsonaso:

5. A lot of people like to “Take Note” of things that matter to them…. For me I’ve lost countless of my Notes, since 2008 that I started using Smartphone even with my HTC One Dual SIM I lost my note after I updated to Android 5

(Until I discovered MIUI ROM the best Android ROM on the planet: MIUI also back up SMS, Contact, Call log, Recorder, Music Play List etc. for those interested)

iPhone Note App backs up your Notes automatically to Gmail or iCloud. You can also insert picture to your iPhone Note, also when you copy an article on the internet to your Note, it also copy both the picture in the article.

[/font][/b]
u can do this on windows. They have 1 drive. On a BlackBerry. Your contacts/notes/calendar meetings and all Ish lyk that r automatically synced with your BlackBerry i'd. Even when ur fone is stolen and the thieves wipe your phone. As soon as you get a new BlackBerry. And log in with your BlackBerry i'd. Errtyn comes back
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by tomiobj(m): 7:30am On Nov 01, 2015
Nsonaso:

7. For Engineers, iPhone comes with a digital Compass and when you swipe it from right to left you got yourself a digital plumb line

[/font][/b]
d blackberry compass has this feature

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by tomiobj(m): 7:34am On Nov 01, 2015
Nsonaso:

8. iPhone remains the only mobile phone that plays the award winning Chair Entertainment Game “Infinity Blade I, II & III”
[/font][/b]
It's just a single game. There are dozens of android exclusive apps that work on bb
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by tomiobj(m): 7:37am On Nov 01, 2015
Iphones are just a waste of cash. The BlackBerry os is better via security and file sharing. Multitasking. I can reply a msg without interrupting d video iam watching. I can go on
Nsonaso:
A lot bro..... At least better than BlackBerry OS and Windows Phone OS combined....

[b]Initially when I said iPhone users does a lot of things with their iPhone more than Windows Phone OS and BlackBerry Os combined, people started quoting me and asking me to mention ‘em.

But I was afraid to list them because am scared that if I tell them, they may be tempted to go and sell their fathers land in the village to buy an iPhone just like the Chinese kid last year with his kidney.
And I know my Nigerians very well, we love our lives and we are not willing to tread it with anything so nobody will be willing to sell his/her kidney like the Chinese kid but our fathers land in the village will not be spared.
…… That’s a joke please, don’t take it too personal…..

1. iPhone has a built in Dictionary that automatically integrate into every App you install on your iPhone, making it easy for you to find meaning of words right on the App you’re using (just by taping and holding the word and click on “Define” on the list of options that appear…) without leaving the App.

Even works on the word you type yourself for example you're writing a message (WhatsApp message /Normal SMS) or Taking a Note or commenting on a post in Nairaland, Facebook etc with any App of your choice, just tap and hold the "word" that you want to "Define" nd click "Define" on options that appears.

2. iPhone has Text to Speech engine that integrate into every App you install on your iPhone, enabling your iPhone to read every Text file on the screen while you do the listening. (It works across all your Apps including third-party Apps like Chrome, Opera mini, MS word etc. You can as well just select a particular word you don’t know how to pronounce (either on your browser, Opera Mini for instance or any other App you install on your iPhone) and your iPhone will pronounce it for you. I use this feature to read long Nairaland articles

Even works on the word you type yourself for example you're writing a message (WhatsApp message /Normal SMS) or Taking a Note or commenting on a post in Nairaland, Facebook etc with any App of your choice, just tap and hold the "word" that you want to "pronounce" nd click "speak" on the options that appears.
You can as well select the whole text and click speak on the options that appear and your iPhone will read the entire Text for you while you do the listing...

.........For those who are interested........
Android also has this Text to Speech engine feature but it's kind of limited to some Apps like Moon+Reader for PDF and EPUB books and Polaris Office 5 upwards for Word document and text......

3. Have you ever played a Music with your phone while you’re feeling sleepy and you wish your phone could stop playing the music when you doss off? Well iPhone does it even when you’re using a third-party Music Player like TTPod or Musixmatch etc.
4. A lot of people like to take Selfie, but using your hand to hold your phone and control the camera at the same time, is kind of look awkward but with your iPhone Original headset, you can place your iPhone on a table or anything at all and comfortably control the Camera of your iPhone just with the volume locker on your headset.
5. A lot of people like to “Take Note” of things that matter to them…. For me I’ve lost countless of my Notes, since 2008 that I started using Smartphone even with my HTC One Dual SIM I lost my note after I updated to Android 5

(Until I discovered MIUI ROM the best Android ROM on the planet: MIUI also back up SMS, Contact, Call log, Recorder, Music Play List etc. for those interested)

iPhone Note App backs up your Notes automatically to Gmail or iCloud. You can also insert picture to your iPhone Note, also when you copy an article on the internet to your Note, it also copy both the picture in the article.

7. For Engineers, iPhone comes with a digital Compass and when you swipe it from right to left you got yourself a digital plumb line

8. iPhone remains the only mobile phone that plays the award winning Chair Entertainment Game “Infinity Blade I, II & III”
9. Plus what you think a Lumia phone and BlackBerry can do combined togher.

10. Ladies and gentlemen, permit me to stop here for some people has already started thinking of the worth of their father’s land in the village so they can sell it and buy an iPhone. And I wouldn’t want to be held responsible for being the person that talked them into selling their fathers precious land.
[/b]
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Fulaman198(m): 8:02am On Nov 01, 2015
baba11:

I can't blame them for doing these...if they've been non challant to technological innovation and invention around them, where do we think they'll be now?

Who still uses black and white TVs? cool

Loll I agree with you my brother
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by kingsilly(m): 11:37am On Nov 01, 2015
You guys still arguing this.. Whew..
A friend told me something 2 days back, when iPhone do newer phone they try to beat their previous phone,while other phone producers keeps on trying to make a better "iPhone". When running this mobile race if you keep looking at your opposition shows you already loosing..
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
kingsilly:
You guys still arguing this.. Whew..
A friend told me something 2 days back, when iPhone do newer phone they try to beat their previous phone,while other phone producers keeps on trying to make a better "iPhone". When running this mobile race if you keep looking at your opposition shows you already loosing..

What sense did you make out of this bs?
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by kingsilly(m): 4:21pm On Nov 01, 2015
ollah1:

What sense did you make out of this bs?
grin grin angry angry

Ollah stop making laf. The message is there, how u choose to interpret it is best known to you..
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2015
kingsilly:
grin grin angry angry

Ollah stop making laf. The message is there, how u choose to interpret it is best known to you..

Laff. Sure u can cos.u didn't write any meaningful thing up there.
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Teknomatiks: 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2015
People do a lot with iPhones oo. If you have an iPad, iPod, Mac computer or any Apple product, you'll really appreciate iPhone.

You can synchronise your phone and computer, and transfer pictures and other documents automatically to your computer with the iTune feature.

Just visit my blog for iPhone reviews. You'll find a lot there. Check my signature for the address.
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Jazzlite: 3:24am On Nov 21, 2015
is dat all?
Teknomatiks:
People do a lot with iPhones oo. If you have an iPad, iPod, Mac computer or any Apple product, you'll really appreciate iPhone.

You can synchronise your phone and computer, and transfer pictures and other documents automatically to your computer with the iTune feature.

Just visit my blog for iPhone reviews. You'll find a lot there. Check my signature for the address.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Have You Seen A Phone With 5 Batteries? See It Here / See Countries That Spends The Most Time On Internet, Social Media. Nigeria At / Infinix Race Eagle, Android phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.