Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Doormat Or Lover? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Doormat Or Lover? (310 Views)

Pastor's Lover Dies During Abortion In Kaduna State / Reverend Father Burnt In Anambra In Lover’s House Flown Abroad (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Doormat Or Lover? by holla0404(f): 8:36am On Sep 04, 2015
DOORMAT OR LOVER?
“I have served him for twenty years. I have waited on him hand and foot. I have been his doormat while he ignored me, mistreated me, and humiliated me in front of my friends and family. I don’t hate him. I wish him no ill, but I resent him, and I no longer wish to live with him.” That wife has performed acts of service for twenty years, but they have not been expressions of love. They were done out of fear, guilt, and resentment.

A doormat is an inanimate object. You can wipe your feet on it, step on it, kick it around, or whatever you like. It has no will of its own. It can be your servant but not your lover. When we treat our spouses as objects, we preclude the possibility of love. Manipulation by guilt (“If you were a good spouse, you would do this for me”) is not the language of love. Coercion by fear (“You will do this or you will be sorry”) is alien to love. No person should ever be a doormat. We may allow ourselves to be used, but we are in fact creatures of emotion, thoughts, and desires. And we have the ability to make decisions and take action. Allowing oneself to be used or manipulated by another is not an act of love. It is, in fact, an act of treason. You are allowing him or her to develop inhumane habits. Love says, “I love you too much to let you treat me this way. It is not good for you or meme".
I have heard people say "I love her but I have to let her be,I want to give her space, I really love her but this and that". If you truely love your partner with the Christlike kind of love you will fight for what you truely love and try to make things right. 
NOTE: NOBODY CAN BE LIKE THE PERSON THAT GOD HAS TRUELY ORDAINED TO BE YOUR HELP MATE!
so many of us need to go back to our partners today, take off pride and say AM SORRY!
May God take pride out of our lives and help us in our various relationships. 
http://Loveofgodoutreach.com/

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 5th Of September 2015 / You Should Ponder On This!!! / Redeeming The Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.