Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,371 members, 7,781,038 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:54 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1321993 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 8:26am On Aug 17, 2017
5hyguy:
august 15 is two days ago or u meant july

Oga 2 days ago oh.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 8:32am On Aug 17, 2017
cumulus:

I have gone past worrying. I am on the waiting game. Today is my 30th working day after biometrics and still no decision mail.
Hoping for the best

Just keep praying and hoping. we'll laugh last. You could start shopping for your flight self
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 5hyguy: 8:43am On Aug 17, 2017
hmm ok cool
Question1:

Oga 2 days ago oh.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bane001: 9:55am On Aug 17, 2017
House,

what's the way out to the inflated oanda rates prior to submission?

I started my 28 day count in july when the rates were about 410naira to a pound, now its about 470.

Shall I proceed with submission with the rates I started with? Please advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jblade: 9:56am On Aug 17, 2017
Bane001:
House,

I started my 28 day count in july when the rates were about 410naira to a pound, now its about 470.

Have you paid your full tuition?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bane001: 10:00am On Aug 17, 2017
Jblade:

Have you paid your full tuition?

Yes I have.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jblade: 10:02am On Aug 17, 2017
Bane001:

Yes I have.

What rate did you deposit with?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bane001: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2017
Jblade:

What rate did you deposit with?

In my account? it was the rate on the 17th which was 414 naira to a pound.

I kept 3.8m in my account for £9,135.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 10:18am On Aug 17, 2017
Justwise has addressed this issue so many times, no one has been denied visa due to unstable exchange rate that you have no control over.

Bane001:
House,

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jblade: 10:29am On Aug 17, 2017
Endlessgrace:
Justwise has addressed this issue so many times, no one has been denied visa due to unstable exchange rate that you have no control over.

Yeah.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by udemski(m): 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
Good Afternoon,

i want to know which link is the correct Tier 4 Visa application link

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/account/register

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/lgv/register.php
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 5hyguy: 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/account/register this one is to create an account and make your application

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/lgv/register.php and this you use to track your visa application after submitting and biometrics
udemski:
Good Afternoon,

i want to know which link is the correct Tier 4 Visa application link

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/account/register

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/lgv/register.php
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by danielloso19: 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
Ebwese345678:
Ok. Same time frame.
I would reiterate, i did put a call through to ukvi.

On another note when did you apply ??

Hi i put a call through today and same response that it is still being prepared by an eco , but it is well passed 15 working days .. im scared , but when will they answer us, i mean they are with our passports
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
Please, my brother was just sent a full tuition waiver notification via mail today...for a programme starting september...at university of glasgow in scotland

I haven't the faintest idea of how to start...this thread is seriously long indulge me please, reading all tru will drive us bonkers....he hasn't done a single thing...cos the scholarship came as a miracle...his mind wasn't even there anymore cos the official notification period was supposed to be June 16. Only for him to be notified today

What's d next thing to do??

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
Who has gotten a decision mail please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 11:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
Send a mail to the school to ask for what docs they may need. Also get the maintenance cost of £9,135 (The 9 months required maintenance for schools outside London) in his or your parents' account ASAP and commence the 28 day count, if he hasn't done that already. If he/your parents have had £9,135 for 28 days or over, the school might require you to send it to them to produce his CAS.
- Book a TB test appointment by emailing: iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int or calling 234807 219 1112 and undergo TB test [47,500 to be paid into their standard chartered bank account number 0001847002, account name: international organisation for migration (IOM)] at IOM Ikeja located at No.1, Isaac John Street, GRA Ikeja, Lagos or Abuja. Note: Payment should be made only after appointment has been confirmed.
-Request a resumption extension letter from the school because of the closeness of resumption date.
-Once CAS is received, fill out the online application via visa4uk.fco.gov.uk submit, Select interview date, pay application/IHS fees in $ (Roughly around $755/$780 depending on the £ to $ exchange rate)
- Print application
-Go for interview with all necessary documents: Bank statement or Sponsorship letter as applicable, TB test certificate, Documents listed on CAS, Passport, Printed application form, resumption extension letter from school
He might need to pay for priority processing though.

Get more info at: https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/overview

1StopRudeness:
Please, my brother was just sent a full tuition waiver notification via mail today...for a programme starting september...at university of glasgow in scotland

I haven't the faintest idea of how to start...this thread is seriously long indulge me please, reading all tru will drive us bonkers....he hasn't done a single thing...cos the scholarship came as a miracle...his mind wasn't even there anymore cos the official notification period was supposed to be June 16. Only for him to be notified today

What's d next thing to do??

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
mimilyrics:
Send a mail to the school to ask for what docs they may need. Also get the maintenance cost of £9,135 in his or your parents' account ASAP and commence the 28 day count, if he hasn't done that already. If he/your parents have had £9,135 for 28 days or over, the school might require you to send it to them to produce his CAS.
-Register for and undergo TB test at IOM Ikeja or Abuja.
-Request a resumption extension letter from the school because of the closeness of resumption date.
-Once CAS is received, fill out the online application via visa4uk.fco.gov.uk submit, Select interview date, pay application/IHS fees in $
- Print application
-Go for interview with all necessary documents: Bank statement or Sponsorship letter as applicable, TB test certificate, Documents listed on CAS, Passport, Printed application form, resumption extension letter from school
He might need to pay for priority processing though.

Thanks..u made it sound easy..is it that easy....
Okay, he and I are not from same dad but same mum..meaning our surname is different...how do I use my account for him dat it won't raise a red flag..since putting the cash in his account will start a 28 day count...and that's a log thing....over that amount is already in my account for about 8months....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 12:14am On Aug 18, 2017
You're welcome. It's easy once the guidelines are understood. You can't use your account as other relatives asides parents can't sponsor a Tier 4 applicant. He has to use either his account or his parents' account. If using accounts of either parents, he has to include his birth certificate showing the parental connection plus a letter of consent stating that the parent in question has consented to the use of funds in the account for his maintenance in the UK.
PS: I edited my previous response to include more information. I take it that he's applying in Lagos. Am I right?
1StopRudeness:

Okay, he and I are not from same dad but same mum..meaning our surname is different...how do I use my account for him dat it won't raise a red flag..since putting the cash in his account will start a 28 day count...and that's a log thing....over that amount is already in my account for about 8months....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 18, 2017
mimilyrics:
You're welcome. It's easy once the guidelines are understood. You can't use your account as other relatives asides parents can't sponsor a Tier 4 applicant. He has to use either his account or his parents' account. If using accounts of either parents, he has to include his birth certificate showing the parental connection plus a letter of consent stating that the parent in question has consented to the use of funds in the account for his maintenance in the UK.
PS: I edited my previous response to include more information. I take it that he's applying in Lagos. Am I right?

Yeah from lagos
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jblade: 6:17am On Aug 18, 2017
@mimilyrics abeg my resumption is 13th sept and I am yet to apply. Willol ap0ly next week. Do I request for a programme resumption extension letter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jblade: 6:18am On Aug 18, 2017
Oanda dy get small sense this week o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by christisam: 7:48am On Aug 18, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Hi I think you can still use your account if you make the necessary document and become his legal gaurdian. Do that and your account will be perfect. Then you write a letter of concent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by christisam: 8:14am On Aug 18, 2017
Good morning house pls what is GWF NUMBER thanks ASAP.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jblade: 8:31am On Aug 18, 2017
christisam:
Good morning house pls what is GWF NUMBER thanks ASAP.

GWF Number(12 digit) is a unique auto generated number for your application when submitted online. It is called GWF because it starts with 'GWF'. I always used this site to register and apply for UK visa: Welcome to Visa4UK , once the application is submitted then you get your GWF number.

cc:Google

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by christisam: 8:46am On Aug 18, 2017
Jblade:

GWF Number(12 digit) is a unique auto generated number for your application when submitted online. It is called GWF because it starts with 'GWF'. I always used this site to register and apply for UK visa: Welcome to Visa4UK , once the application is submitted then you get your GWF number.

cc:Google
Thank you dear I want to start my application now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 8:48am On Aug 18, 2017
No, She can't. To be a legal guardian, She needs an original court ruling/document appointing her as one. And getting one at this stage will raise flags as to the true reason behind doing such.
PS: Most times guardianship automatically ends at a certain age

christisam:

Hi I think you can still use your account if you make the necessary document and become his legal gaurdian. Do that and your account will be perfect. Then you write a letter of concent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 8:51am On Aug 18, 2017
If you feel that your visa might not be out in time for your stated resumption, pls request for it and include in your submitted documents.

Jblade:
@mimilyrics abeg my resumption is 13th sept and I am yet to apply. Willol ap0ly next week. Do I request for a programme resumption extension letter?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 8:52am On Aug 18, 2017
Okay. So the IOM contact I put up is valid for you.

1StopRudeness:

Yeah from lagos
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obeauty21: 11:03am On Aug 18, 2017
Question1:

When did you apply for your VISA could you please share your Timeline with us?

So sorry for the late response. I dont usually come online. Well, my question doesnt confirm I don receive my visa yet oh. Infact I started my 28days really late and I will be considering either super piority or piority visa. I will come back here to give my timeline hopefully before the mth runs out. I hope I answered your question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cumulus: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2017
I got my decision mail today.
Still hoping for the best.
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 11:19am On Aug 18, 2017
Finally!!! Congratulations.
I'm hoping for the best for you too.

PS: Could you please share your application timeline?
PPS: Could you also track via the tracking link to see what date your decision was made?

Your answers will help ease some of the worries I've seen expressed on this thread.

cumulus:
I got my decision mail today.
Still hoping for the best.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.