Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1330362 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lucieeeee: 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2017
Finally collected my passport today
Visa granted
Biometrics:14th August
Sheffield Application received:29th August
Delay mail:4th September
Escalation:5th September
Called UkVI on the 11th and was told a decision was made on the 8th of September
Decision &Collection mail:13th September
Picked it up today exactly 1 month after biometrics
Phew..this thread helped me to stay sane throughout my waiting game
Goodluck to every one still waiting
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by donbreeezy(m): 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2017
thekid123:

I think I might have put standard now that you mention it. Oh my God am I stuck with standard now? I thought we were to pay for that on the tls site. Please help, thank you in advance

Ah.. That is why they warned that if you have not booked a super priority appointment don't purchase the service.
As it is now... I suggest you call the TLS centre and explain the situation, if anything can be done they will let you know.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2017
@All

Congratulations! to those who have gotten their visas

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2017
nonen:
Quite unfortunately, I got a refusal letter for me and my dependants (wife and 1yr son).

Please upload the attachment properly, how do you expect people to read that in such position?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by thekid123: 4:28pm On Sep 14, 2017
donbreeezy:

Ah.. That is why they warned that if you have not booked a super priority appointment don't purchase the service.
As it is now... I suggest you call the TLS centre and explainp the situation, if anything can be done they will let you know.
Thank you, think I will just pay for priority and see what happens. God will do it. Please do you have the tls number. Thanks once again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by christisam: 4:29pm On Sep 14, 2017
Endlessgrace:
@Christisam, how far with your application, any update from ukvi? when is your school's resumption?

Got a mail from shefo so am waiting for the next mail thanks for asking trust your doing great, which school are you attending.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sleyflash(m): 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2017
Where have you been justwise.. kinda missed you here..

justwise:
@All

Congratulations! to those who have gotten their visas
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CapitalCee(m): 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2017
Please guys, what are the Flight ticket option that I can buy in Nigeria, it's urgent. I need to leave latest Saturday. Please help me I am new to ticketing. Abuja to London

Justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by edirex: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2017
Well most of the flights now are almost booked but u can check this links:https://www.wakanow.com and https://www.travelstart.com.ng. But be ready to pay about 300k upwards.
CapitalCee:
Please guys, what are the Flight ticket option that I can buy in Nigeria, it's urgent. I need to leave latest Saturday. Please help me I am new to ticketing. Abuja to London

Justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ProjektRekt: 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2017
harrrry:
please at what time of the day did you get the decision and collection mail

Decision mail was at 1:51 PM and the collection mail was at 4:16 PM.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bukonlaaa: 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2017
danielloso19:

Good day, please what do you mean by delay message , is it the non-straight forward email

Yes. So they might probably call you for a phone interview. Be prepared
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ProjektRekt: 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2017
sleyflash:
You mentioned biometrics and interview, I heard interview isn't done for super priority why was yours different?

Sorry o big mistake. There was no interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ProjektRekt: 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2017
sleyflash:
@ProjektRekt.. pls respond to your email. Thanks

Can't see any mail from you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by harrrry: 6:07pm On Sep 14, 2017
ProjektRekt:

Decision mail was at 1:51 PM and the collection mail was at 4:16 PM.
almost same time here.can I go n collect my passport . before 10am as in there website
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jayken07(m): 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2017
Jblade:
Guys pls is £1000 cash enough? Make dm no delay person for POE or I should still take more?

Hahaha..even £100 is enough so far as you will be sent money to your UK bank account when you get one sorted out there..just don't carry so much and don't carry too little..if you haven't settled accommodation then it might not be enough because some landlords/agents request for two months payment or a month and some initial deposit for a house sonif you pay say £350*2 for accommodation you will be left with just £300 and trust me you don't wanna be stranded with cash there because nobody gives anyone even a £1 so maybe top up what you're going with considering the fact that you might get some expenses like duvee bedsheet and other little stuff
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jayken07(m): 7:40pm On Sep 14, 2017
Bukonlaaa:

11th of september.

Try mailing your school tonight or first thing tomorrow morning so they can give you an extension letter you will present at POE to the officers checking you that's if your school can release one to you..either you mail them first then call and explain that you just need a letter to explain bla bla bla just incase you are questioned at the entry point
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jblade: 9:20pm On Sep 14, 2017
jayken07:

Hahaha..even £100 is enough so far as you will be sent money to your UK bank account when you get one sorted out there..just don't carry so much and don't carry too little..if you haven't settled accommodation then it might not be enough because some landlords/agents request for two months payment or a month and some initial deposit for a house sonif you pay say £350*2 for accommodation you will be left with just £300 and trust me you don't wanna be stranded with cash there because nobody gives anyone even a £1 so maybe top up what you're going with considering the fact that you might get some expenses like duvee bedsheet and other little stuff

Yeah. Am taking card with me too sha. Two different cards. Na $2000 for POS be that. M.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bukonlaaa: 10:06pm On Sep 14, 2017
jayken07:

Try mailing your school tonight or first thing tomorrow morning so they can give you an extension letter you will present at POE to the officers checking you that's if your school can release one to you..either you mail them first then call and explain that you just need a letter to explain bla bla bla just incase you are questioned at the entry point
Ok..thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Alexissanchezz: 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2017
Online submission-28th August
Interview/biometrics-29 August
Sheffield mail - 30 August
Decision Nd collection mail- 14 September
IT WAS APPPROVED
Honestly I was soo nervous couldn't sleep nothing G nothing! Thank you everyone

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bukonlaaa: 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2017
Pls can i have list of things to have/know in order to avoid issues at POE. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by udemski(m): 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2017
To God be the Glory.

I applied on 17/8/17
I applied for my wife on 18/8/17
We both did biometric on 21/8/17
I did interview on 21/8/17
Tls sent our application to ukvi On 21/8/17
Ukvi received our visa application on 22/8/17
Since we both paid for priority visa we had to call ukvi on 5/8/17
We got a mail from ukvi on 10/8/17 that they won't be able to decide our application within 15 working days except we paid for priority visa
I got a call from ukvi for 2nd interview on 11/8/17
We finally got the decision mail 14/8/17 by 12:41pm
We got the collection mail 14/8/17 by 2:14 pm
I pick up our visa on 14/8/17 by 2:45pm
Visa granted. God will surly grant everyone visa by God grace

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by udemski(m): 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2017
Hello

My friend was refuse visa. Kindly look at the attached document reason for refusal

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by enigmang: 5:43am On Sep 15, 2017
udemski:
Hello

My friend was refuse visa. Kindly look at the attached document reason for refusal

The Interview your friend had was it a written interview or an Oral interview..?
To be honest his/her answers was all over the place and not direct. The interview was an opportunity to convince them of his/her claims; and the answers there didn't help at all and was contradictory.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by udemski(m): 6:46am On Sep 15, 2017
enigmang:

The Interview your friend had was it a written interview or an Oral interview..?
To be honest his/her answers was all over the place and not direct. The interview was an opportunity to convince them of his/her claims; and the answers there didn't help at all and was contradictory.

Thanks so much for the reply.
He did oral interview. So what should he do now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 7:38am On Sep 15, 2017
Who is heading out from Abuja on Saturday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by donbreeezy(m): 8:22am On Sep 15, 2017
Anyone going to the University Of Chester?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Deswills: 9:07am On Sep 15, 2017
Hi,
I am filling my UK visa application form and I got to the part of accommodation and I do not know what to fill as I haven't paid for accommodation yet and I was hoping I'll pay only when I get to see it.
What should I do as the school said I shouldn't use them as correspondence address.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ProjektRekt: 10:05am On Sep 15, 2017
harrrry:
almost same time here.can I go n collect my passport . before 10am as in there website

Do not go before 10 AM. If you have received the collection email, you can go for collection after 10 AM
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by christisam: 10:50am On Sep 15, 2017
[quote author=Deswills post=60476946]Hi,
I am filling my UK visa application form and I got to the part of accommodation and I do not know what to fill as I haven't paid for accommodation yet and I was hoping I'll pay only when I get to see it.
What should I do as the school said I shouldn't use them as correspondence address.[

Why would there say that? My school allowed me to do that, you know what you can do is apply for the school accommodation I guess it will take some days for them to assign one to you and by then your done with your visa biometrics. I believe you have the right to accept or decline if you have not made any financial commitment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rejoice11: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2017
ProjektRekt:
Timeline:
Application submitted: 8th September
Biometrics and interview: 11th September
Decision made:12th September
Collection mail: 12th September

I collected my visa today to the glory of God. Special thanks to Question1 for answering my initial question and thanks to the others who posted because I got some valuable information too.

I used Super priority. Also, anyone who came back from the UK after staying for more than 6 months and has stayed less than 6 months in Nigeria does not require a TB test. Hope you guys waiting for your visas are all successful.
Hello? Please, how much did you pay for your super priority service in naira?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by harrrry: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2017
Visa granted. Many thanks to Kenneth, oyeyemi and the entire house.
Submitted
12th.
Biometrics 13th
Collect this morning .
Super priority .
Going to the airport now do get ticket against next week. Egypt air one way
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rejoice11: 11:10am On Sep 15, 2017
harrrry:
Visa granted. Many thanks to Kenneth, oyeyemi and the entire house.
Submitted
12th.
Biometrics 13th
Collect this morning .
Super priority .
Going to the airport now do get ticket against next week. Egypt air one way
Congratulations harrrry. Please how much did you pay for super priority in Naira?

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.