Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1329992 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olalekan9320(m): 12:09am On Oct 09, 2017
pls I have a question for the gurus in the house.I'm a final year student studying zoology in a Nigerian university,pls,which one should I consider,is it going to UK to have my masters in fishery or parasitology(I want to stay after my study) or doing a direct entry here in Nigeria to go back and study medicine before coming for my masters(I learnt it is called specialty there,as I want to come in through study,to also stay after my study)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Teegirl101(f): 11:16am On Oct 09, 2017
olalekan9320:
pls I have a question for the gurus in the house.I'm a final year student studying zoology in a Nigerian university,pls,which one should I consider,is it going to UK to have my masters in fishery or parasitology(I want to stay after my study) or doing a direct entry here in Nigeria to go back and study medicine before coming for my masters(I learnt it is called specialty there,as I want to come in through study,to also stay after my study)

You can study what you please but be WELL PREPARED for questions in relation to ur previous study with reasonable intentions.
Staying in the UK after ur study is possible however be aware of the possibilities available to expats esp as an intl student.
Justwise will certainly have appropriate answers to that.
Hope this helps. BOL
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olalekan9320(m): 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2017
Teegirl101:

You can study what you please but be WELL PREPARED for questions of d relation of ur previous study with the intended.
Staying in the UK after ur study is possible however be aware of the possibilities available to expats esp as an intl student.
Justwise will certainly have appropriate answers to that.
Hope this helps. BOL

they are both divisions of zoology,what abt the other option, thanks very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Teegirl101(f): 7:56pm On Oct 09, 2017
olalekan9320:

they are both divisions of zoology,what abt the other option, thanks very much

There isn't any restrictions to study a paritcular course in the UK I am knowledgeable of d relations of zoology wt the aforementioned sub-courses. Understand u are building YOUR future, select what's most appropriate for ur future needs. Again as I pointed out, you wld be questioned, this is where ur personal and genuine reasons wld stand rigid with no flaws. I'm pretty sure u won't mention my name as ur decision maker during ur interview grin
Hope it helps. TC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2017
olalekan9320:

Teegirl101 has given you a good answer regarding your chosen course but regarding staying back..you really have to think long and hard about this.. getting a graduate job after graduation is close to non, not that there are no graduate jobs, the problem is immigration policies, staying back by doing more studies is expensive and it does not lead to permanent residency.

Getting a good result will be an added advantage job wise but you will still need to return back to Nigeria to apply for work permit if recruited.

I know that this is not really want you want to hear but i can only tell you want i know

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olalekan9320(m): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2017
Teegirl101:

There isn't any restrictions to study a paritcular course in the UK I am knowledgeable of d relations of zoology wt the aforementioned sub-courses. Understand u are building YOUR future, select what's most appropriate for ur future needs. Again as I pointed out, you wld be questioned, this is where ur personal and genuine reasons wld stand rigid with no flaws. I'm pretty sure u won't mention my name as ur decision maker during ur interview grin
Hope it helps. TC

thank you very much I really appreciate,will go with that of fishery as I have more genuine interest in it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olalekan9320(m): 9:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
justwise:

Teegirl101 has given you a good answer regarding your chosen course but regarding staying back..you really have to think long and hard about this.. getting a graduate job after graduation is close to non, not that there are no graduate jobs, the problem is immigration policies, staying back by doing more studies is expensive and it does not lead to permanent residency.

Getting a good result will be an added advantage job wise but you will still need to return back to Nigeria to apply for work permit if recruited.

I know that this is not really want you want to hear but i can only tell you want i know
justwise:

getting a graduate job after graduation is close to non

I don't knw hw I felt reading this, as I knw it was not easy saving close to 3.5 million naira by my parents so as to be able to participate,pls how is the job opportunity as a foreign trained doctor coming to UK for study and working after that,as the sch fees for medical students is outrageous
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:12pm On Oct 09, 2017
olalekan9320:
[/b]
I don't knw hw I felt reading this, as I knw it was not easy saving close to 3.5 million naira by my parents so as to be able to participate,[b]pls how is the job opportunity as a foreign trained doctor coming to UK for study and working after that,as the sch fees for medical students is outrageous

I don't know much about that.

This website https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/650345/2017-10-09_Tier_2_5_Register_of_Sponsors.pdf has the list of companies licensed to sponsor migrants for Tier 2 or Tier 5.

Start your job search on time and know the requirements

This website will help https://www.internationalstudents.cam.ac.uk/visas-after-studying/tier-2
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Toqiss: 11:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
Hello house, I applied for tier 4 visa on the 13th of September using priority,I just got my package today and I was refused.The ECO said my CAS States £3500 whereas it was £4600 that was on my CAS and so I was refused because of insufficient fund.I want to go for AR,but my last enrollment date is 20th of this months.Is it possible to get sorted(plus passport stamped) before 20th.Will I be refused if the AR is treated after that date? I'm totally down,waiting for that long only to get a refusal is a bad experience.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by endyyoung: 6:34am On Oct 10, 2017
Hello Great Nairalanders, Please I need your help

I am a Tier 4 (general) student visa applicant

I was recently denied entry to the UK, for not providing a Birth Certificate to prove my relationship with my father, who is footing my bills.

But I actually submitted an NPC "attestation of birth" to VAC(tls contact lagos), applied for by my mother and naming my father.

My question, could UKVI have missed my father's name on that document, or does UKVI not recognise NPC birth certificates, or could TLScontact have omitted that document during thier scanning process, I have no way of reaching TLScontact to ask, since I can't find their contact any.

I intend to apply for Administrative Review, but need answers to these questions.

Any advice is well appreciated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by themusketeer: 9:42am On Oct 10, 2017
lafad11:
Kudos to all the gurus on this forum. You guys are doing a great job. My CAS came a little late delaying my application.
Here is the time line of my application
Online application 1/9/2017
Biometrics 7/9/2017
Phone interview 23/9/2017
TSL decision mail 2/10/2017
TSL pick up mail 3/10/2017
Picked package 4/10/2017
Visa granted !!!!!!!!!!

Standard
All glory to God almighty. Thanks to everyone that contributed .
#NTU

Congratulations!

Was it a U.K. Number that called you for the interview or nigeria landline?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by themusketeer: 9:57am On Oct 10, 2017
sleyflash:
Nah.. for super priority interview isn't done. But in my case I was called the follow day for a phone interview and questioned about the relationship between my previous course and the present one, actually they were opposite to each other. In most cases super priority no interviews but I advice u to be prepared just incase u're called upon.

Was it a U.K. Number that called you or a Nigerian land line number?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by themusketeer: 10:12am On Oct 10, 2017
yow17:

Yes I know, and stated the difference, I even broke it down to simple terms so the interviewer could understand. I had a telephone interview and the line was so bad that the interviewer called back almost 6 times.

I thought there was no interview. Was it Skype I.e face to face?

I am just worried and doing this is a lot of money.plus I have little time.What the ECO says why didn't I explain this way before now, like I just went to do my research. GOD FORBID ANOTHER REFUSAL.

Plus it's another masters but it is a progression and more advanced as I do not have sufficient funds now for a PhD now.

What do you think?

Hello, was the number that called you a U.K. Line or a Nigerian landline number?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ImadotI: 10:45am On Oct 10, 2017
Hello, in my case it was a Nigerian mobile number, but truecaller identified it as a UKVI number. Hope this helps.

themusketeer:

Hello, was the number that called you a U.K. Line or a Nigerian landline number?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by themusketeer: 11:54am On Oct 10, 2017
ImadotI:
Hello, in my case it was a Nigerian mobile number, but truecaller identified it as a UKVI number. Hope this helps.

Yes buddy. It sure does helps.
Thank you �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mrgamers: 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hi

Can anyone help.
I won the admin review but they asked me to email the new dates to visasheffield.They Didn't asked to submit passport.I can join until the 20 october. i have emailed them the last joining date letter yesterday. Do you have any idea how long will it take them to ask me to submit passport.i need to get to uni latest my 20 october.please any.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RemMag: 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2017
About 2 weeks
mrgamers:

Rem how long it took for your friend to get passport stamped. You told me the visa was approved mid-sep.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ato12: 6:49pm On Oct 10, 2017
hello fam,

is there any format or template of cv that someone can use to apply for part time jobs here in uk, please kindly send me one to
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by buddiemm: 9:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
mrgamers:
Hi

Can anyone help.
I won the admin review but they asked me to email the new dates to visasheffield.They Didn't asked to submit passport.I can join until the 20 october. i have emailed them the last joining date letter yesterday. Do you have any idea how long will it take them to ask me to submit passport.i need to get to uni latest my 20 october.please any.

Mrgamers, please what date did you sent your AR and when did they sent you email about the result of the AR?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olalekan9320(m): 10:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
justwise:
[/b]
I don't know much about that.

This website https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/650345/2017-10-09_Tier_2_5_Register_of_Sponsors.pdf has the list of companies licensed to sponsor migrants for Tier 2 or Tier 5.

Start your job search on time and know the requirements

This website will help https://www.internationalstudents.cam.ac.uk/visas-after-studying/tier-2
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by claremont(m): 7:43am On Oct 11, 2017
olalekan9320:

If I was in your shoes, I will take the direct entry medicine option. The UK isn't running away, and as a doctor, you are guaranteed a decent income. I wouldn't spend over £9000 tuition (excluding living expenses) to study fishery in the UK. Good luck with whatever you decide. Meanwhile, all you need to do to start working as a doctor is the PLAB licensing exams.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by themusketeer: 11:09am On Oct 11, 2017
ato12:
hello fam,

is there any format or template of cv that someone can use to apply for part time jobs here in uk, please kindly send me one to ayokunmi12@gmail.com

My honest advice, google recruiting agencies in your preferred sector. Go to those agencies in person and register. It's quicker that way.... I've been there done that.

No time doing online applications and submitting cv .

For CV ... google cvbuilders

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mrgamers: 12:43pm On Oct 11, 2017
buddiemm:

Mrgamers, please what date did you sent your AR and when did they sent you email about the result of the AR?

sent 15 sep
received 9 oct
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sleyflash(m): 1:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
Bro that's a long process. My advice, look for agencies and apply through them. It's faster and less stressful but most pay minimum wage 7.50 pounds.. Goodluck

ato12:
hello fam,

is there any format or template of cv that someone can use to apply for part time jobs here in uk, please kindly send me one to ayokunmi12@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by timmiey(m): 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hi guys
I am awaiting my CAS but i want to get my documents for visa application ready.
The sponsors account I am using belongs to my aunt. How do I prove relationship please?
Someone told me I can use a picture along side the letter she writes.
I have a childhood of myself and her. Will this suffice?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by themusketeer: 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
timmiey:
Hi guys
The sponsors account I am using belongs to my aunt. How do I prove relationship please?

Adding a Birth certificate will go a long way
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by timmiey(m): 8:42pm On Oct 12, 2017
themusketeer:

Adding a Birth certificate will go a long way
we don't bear the same surname. She's married.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 11:11pm On Oct 12, 2017
timmiey:
Hi guys

Did you follow this page very well before starting your application process? The rule is that you can only use your own personal account or Parebts account (of which you must show both certificate to prove relationship) OR use a legal guardians account.

When would your school resume? If there is still time, let your aunts move the funds to your own account and start counting another 28 days.

In fact, if your school checks your bank statement and see that there is no relationship, they may not grant you your CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 11:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
olalekan9320:

Hello bro, if your plan is to stay in UK after studies, forget it. immigration laws makes it almost impossible and again, your course is not even among the most sought after. Except your are privileged to study in Cambridge or oxford.... just forget it.

Bro, try USA, CANADA or so your masters in naija and get a job and continue with your life.

How old are you? I really don’t like the idea of spending another 5 years (minus assu strike and the other strikes) in school to study medicine..... how much do they even pay doctors in naija? I will never advise anyone to student medicine in naija except it is your passion.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by timmiey(m): 8:07am On Oct 13, 2017
OlowoB:

Did you follow this page very well before starting your application process? The rule is that you can only use your own personal account or Parebts account (of which you must show both certificate to prove relationship) OR use a legal guardians account.

When would your school resume? If there is still time, let your aunts move the funds to your own account and start counting another 28 days.

In fact, if your school checks your bank statement and see that there is no relationship, they may not grant you your CAS.
Thank you. Am sorry I didn't follow this thread from the beginning. I can tell her to transfer the funds to my account for the 28 days statement for my visa application. But the statement that I need to send to my school, it doesn't have to be a 28day duration abi? Shebi its just a statement with a sufficient closing balance?
BTW my school resumes January but I don't want to waste precious time considering the time Visa processing takes.
OlowoB I appreciate you. Please answer this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Teegirl101(f): 8:44am On Oct 13, 2017
timmiey:
Thank you. Am sorry I didn't follow this thread from the beginning. I can tell her to transfer the funds to my account for the 28 days statement for my visa application. But the statement that I need to send to my school, it doesn't have to be a 28day duration abi? Shebi its just a statement with a sufficient closing balance?
BTW my school resumes January but I don't want to waste precious time considering the time Visa processing takes.

Hi timmiey, trust u r good.OlowoB's post is very vitial. In simplicity, the requried cash must be in ur account or that of your parent/legal guardian for 28days. This is needed for both ur CAS and Visa (MUST BE HELD FOR 28DAYS)
NOTE... ensure u have at least 5% to 10%more of the required funds to avoid defect in accuracy casued by the recent fluctuation of pounds to naira. Pls check and always use OANDA
Hp it helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 2:41pm On Oct 13, 2017
timmiey:

Different schools have different rules ... some schools just issue CAS without asking for bank statements or properly scrutinise the documents sent by students before issuing CAS (although this is chabging now as the home office is making sure the school do detailed check on the students documents before issuing CAS).

These are the options;

(1) I will suggest you tell your aunty to move the money to your parents account (reason for this is that your parents having that huge amount of cash is not going to be a problem since they will assume they are working). All you will need is to submit your Birth certificate and your parents write a letter permitting you to use the funds in their account.

OR

(2) you can move the money to your personal account BUT If you just finished from school and you have that amount of money in your own personal account, they may start asking questions depending on the ECO that handles your case. Also transfer of a lump sum to your personal account will raise a red flag.

[/b]If you decide to go with option 1 which I always strongly recommend for people who just left school, remember to submit your birth certificate and a letter MUST be written by your parents confirming that they have given you full access to the funds for your maintenance while studying in UK[b]

[/b]Also, due to fluctuating rates, try and add extra money in your account during the 28 days counting period just to be safe.[b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.