Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,120 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1330168 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2017
Hayzed212:
hello gurus in the house, pleases I need advice on this technical issue as my interview day is approaching....my intended programme is been sponsored by my mum elder sister and I have the whole money transferred into my account at ones, so I have a personal statement of account to show the ECO and also I intend to stay with her during my programme. my question is if they ask how am I paying for my living expenses and the balance of my school fee and also the source of the money, WHAT IS THE BEST ANSWER TO GIVE because its simple to the ear but technical for my mouth, as I have seen cases where applicants were given the 40 marks but still refused them based on this question..........and also the 2nd question is the issue of accommodation, can I mention her address or just say I have made an arrangement for one of the school accommodations(mentioning the name)...........please help a soul

Hmm... you can tell them the truth. Your mom's elder sister sent the money to your account so i am guessing the money covers your remaining school fees and living expenses. Just tell them you already have the money and you don't need to work. About accomodation, if your aunt's place is close to the school, you can give her address and say that is where you will be staying. If not, you can tell them you are going to her place from the airport and you will arrange to get accommodation when you get there. You should have an idea of how much accomodation cost around your school.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Hayzed212: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2017
chupcake:

Hmm... you can tell them the truth. Your mom's elder sister sent the money to your account so i am guessing the money covers your remaining school fees and living expenses. Just tell them you already have the money and you don't need to work. About accomodation, if your aunt's place is close to the school, you can give her address and say that is where you will be staying. If not, you can tell them you are going to her place from the airport and you will arrange to get accommodation when you get there. You should have an idea of how much accomodation cost around your school. thanks bro for your reply, do I need to back my statement with documents of her financially statement and also maybe her british passport, just to prove my originality and the source of money

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tamzwillie01: 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2017
biola9:

Yeah i had to apply to another school and paid 10k pounds out of 13k pounds school fee..then i added more documents and my introduction letter was good sha(my agent did all that)...I used an agent and paid for spv
wow this is good news ohh. Like this is the best piece of news I have heard since the denial. Every agent I ask keeps telling me that once am denied on credibility I can never school in the Uk. Please could you be kind enough to share your agents contact with me? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tamzwillie01: 1:48pm On Dec 30, 2017
LaaJiblik:

You need to first of all understand why they thought you are a fake student.
they said my answers were. Vague and generic and that I didn’t show I had done enough research about my institution..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tamzwillie01: 1:50pm On Dec 30, 2017
biola9:

Yeah i had to apply to another school and paid 10k pounds out of 13k pounds school fee..then i added more documents and my introduction letter was good sha(my agent did all that)...I used an agent and paid for spv
since you paid for super priority where you interviewed? If yes how was it knowing you’ve been denied us, cannada and Uk l. Am sure it was a nervous wreck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 2:01pm On Dec 30, 2017
No bro.. They are not concerned with how rich the person sponsoring you is (as long as they are not your parent) or where they are from. The name and address of your aunt is enough to confirm whatever information they need and they can just pick up the phone and call her if they have to (UKVI called my dad's bank and they in turn called my dad but i was using his account and not mine). As long as you have the money in your account and have the statement to prove it and it is above maintenance money + your fees. I don't think they worry about the source of money and if they asked, just tell them you aunt sent it to your because she is the one sponsoring your education... Finish!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by biola9: 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2017
Tamzwillie01:
since you paid for super priority where you interviewed? If yes how was it knowing you’ve been denied us, cannada and Uk l. Am sure it was a nervous wreck
I wasn't interviewed when tried the SPV..but when i did UK at first..i explained why i was denied.email me i'll text you my agent number.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Hayzed212: 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2017
chupcake:

No bro.. They are not concerned with how rich the person sponsoring you is (as long as they are not your parent) or where they are from. The name and address of your aunt is enough to confirm whatever information they need and they can just pick up the phone and call her if they have to (UKVI called my dad's bank and they in turn called my dad but i was using his account and not mine). As long as you have the money in your account and have the statement to prove it and it is above maintenance money + your fees. I don't think they worry about the source of money and if they asked, just tell them you aunt sent it to your because she is the one sponsoring your education... Finish!!
Thanks bro, this really gave my spirit a huge lift. thats means I should have all her details including her phone number off-hand, incase during the interview
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2017
chupcake:

..and his chances of getting that visa is very slim.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2017
Hayzed212:
Thanks bro, this really gave my spirit a huge lift. thats means I should have all her details including her phone number off-hand, incase during the interview

Your aunt/uncle can not sponsor you, only your mum or daddy can,

Get the money into your account including maintenance money else you will be refused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

..and his chances of getting that visa is very slim.

Oh i am sorry if i gave him wrong advice. I have always known people who apply for visa and are sponsored by someone that is not parent to go to interview and say they are sponsored by someone else. If that is wrong, i am sorry and can you please explain the right way to answer the question.

**EDIT**
I answered the question under the pretext that the money is already in his account and the question was what should he say if they ask the source of the money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2017
chupcake:

Oh i am sorry if i gave him wrong advice. I have always known people who apply for visa and are sponsored by someone that is not parent to go to interview and say they are sponsored by someone else. If that is wrong, i am sorry and can you please explain the right way to answer the question.

**EDIT**
I answered the question under the pretext that the money is already in his account and the question was what should he say if they ask the source of the money.

That is not for student visa and the rule hasn't changed for years.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2017
justwise:

That is not for student visa and the rule hasn't changed for years.

Even if the sponsor paid the money into the applicant's account and it has been there for more than 28 days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2017
chupcake:

Even if the sponsor paid the money into the applicant's account and it has been there for more than 28 days?

That doesn't change the rule and not a shortcourt
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tamzwillie01: 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2017
biola9:

I wasn't interviewed when tried the SPV..but when i did UK at first..i explained why i was denied.email me i'll text you my agent number.
wow you weren't interviewed wow. please email it to me i cant seem to be able to email you. i really wish i could speak to you on the phone so i could get more clarity
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by biola9: 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2017
Tamzwillie01:
wow you weren't interviewed wow. please email it to me i cant seem to be able to email you. i really wish i could speak to you on the phone so i could get more clarity
i just emailed you though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Hayzed212: 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2017
justwise:

Your aunt/uncle can not sponsor you, only your mum or daddy can,

Get the money into your account including maintenance money else you will be refused.
@justwise...I already have the whole money in my account, it was transferred into my account ones by my aunt. she is just the person paying. In this case how am I going to go about it because I am not yet working.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2017
Hayzed212:
@justwise...I already have the whole money in my account, it was transferred into my account ones by my aunt. she is just the person paying. In this case how am I going to go about it because I am not yet working.

Many that got their visas are not working and that is not an issue with the UK student visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Hayzed212: 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2017
justwise:

Many that got their visas are not working and that is not an issue with the UK student visa.
please what is the best way to answer the question, I have the whole money (maintenance and school fee balance) in my personal account for more than 28days As in, if they ask for the source of fund in my account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2017
Hayzed212:
please what is the best way to answer the question, I have the whole money (maintenance and school fee balance) in my personal account for more than 28days As in, if they ask for the source of fund in my account?

The money is from your family.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Hayzed212: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2017
justwise:

The money is from your family.
thanks boss but hope they wont say my reply is vague, or do I need to add anything to the statement. I am sorry for my questions, I rather ask and disturb here than making a fool of myself in front of the ECO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2017
Hayzed212:
thanks boss but hope they wont say my reply is vague, or do I need to add anything to the statement. I am sorry for my questions, I rather ask and disturb here than making a fool of myself in front of the ECO

All you need to bear in mind here is that Auntie, uncle or brother and sister are not allowed to sponsor you as a student. Parents are allowed. So maybe using the word: parents will be more appropriate than family.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Hayzed212: 7:33pm On Dec 30, 2017
justwise:

All you need to bear in mind here is that Auntie, uncle or brother and sister are not allowed to sponsor as a student. Parents are allowed. So maybe using the word: parents will be more appropriate than family.
then, that is going to need some documents to back it up, like pay slip from them or one of them
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:58pm On Dec 30, 2017
Hayzed212:
then, that is going to need some documents to back it up, like pay slip from them or one of them

Have you ever read this thread before? This is not Canadian student visa thread or the UK visiting visa, it really help you to read this thread because I don't think you know how the UK student visa works.

You will never hear payslip mentioned anywhere regarding the UK student visa application.

This is the easiest visa application to make.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Hayzed212: 8:11pm On Dec 30, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

Have you ever read this thread before? This is not Canadian student visa thread or the UK visiting visa, it really help you to read this thread because I don't think you know how the UK student visa works.

You will never hear payslip mentioned anywhere regarding the UK student visa application.

This is the easiest visa application to make.
okay bro, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:36pm On Jan 01, 2018
justwise:

London: The UK has launched a pilot visa scheme for international students, including from India, applying for a Masters degree course in select high-profile universities, that would allow them to stay in the country for six months more after completing their course.

The Tier 4 Visa Pilot Scheme, launched by the UK Home Office this week, is open to students from around the world who win a place at one-year Masters courses at Imperial College London, Oxford, Cambridge or Bath universities.

grin grin grin when countries like Ireland, France and Canada give you one to two years post study, UK added two months to the 4 month initial limit (for selected schools o) and are proud of themselves grin- it’s not their fault!

Ok, as they have increased the stay, will they reduce the restriction on employing international students? So the two extra months is for the student to continue their retail or care job for longer? Silly country!

Don’t know why students still bother schooling in the uk. If I had known better, I would have waited patiently for Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:48pm On Jan 01, 2018
LaaJiblik:

If you pay Super-Super priority and still give vague answers, the outcome is likely going to be the same.

Prepare WELL and know EXACTLY why you want what you want.
Cheers.

True
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:51pm On Jan 01, 2018
Tamzwillie01:

They said my responses were vague and generic. I wasn't even given a chance for a 2nd interview to address the concerns, but its all good. now i just want to know what to do next. can in still apply to another school with the same course and re apply again? i am willing to pay for super priority.

Once you’ve been denied a visa, even if the super is raised to the power of 10, They will treat the application as regular because they have to investigate your refusal.

a lot of people seem to have problems with their oral interview, I don’t know how it’s done now but mine was via skype, she asked me why I wanted my course, why my school and where I was going to live. At some point in the convo she was really laughing at my responses, Cos they were funny to her.

So first tip is to relax, this is a school you wanted, this is a course you wanted (not your mum or dads choice) and I’m sure you have investigated where you will live and the distance to school, so answer calmly, speak slowly but fluently and smile (don’t show teeth).

Second tip is to investigate as much as you can,l about the course, the school and the environment, it makes them see your passion and genuineness.

I hope this helps you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:59pm On Jan 01, 2018
justwise:

I don't normally answer this sort of question as it shows lack of research or effort on your part..but this is the link you need..

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/603815/PBS_dependent_guidance_Jan_2017.pdf

Read from: Applying as the Family Member of a Tier 4 (General) Migrant in the UK

Lol, not to worsen the case but I really don’t like it when people as basic questions. It’s worse knowing that he moved to the uk but doesn’t even know where to get the preliminary info from. What’s more weird is that the person might be doing a Research -intensive course (PhD or Master’s).

Oh well!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:09pm On Jan 01, 2018
Tamzwillie01:
wow this is good news ohh. Like this is the best piece of news I have heard since the denial. Every agent I ask keeps telling me that once am denied on credibility I can never school in the Uk. Please could you be kind enough to share your agents contact with me? Thanks

The UK is simple. Pay the full tuition and you won’t have credibility problems. You guys are lucky that you even have nairaland (God bless the founder and the mods), I didn’t have anyone to help with mine so I did everything myself but paid the full tuition and accommodation for a year (dumb move yeah but I had no one to advise me otherwise). My interview was like me gisting with a friend and in 8 working days I got my passport back (didn’t do priority, didn’t even know what it meant) then left 2 days after.

I read the advise and suggestions on this thread and I cringe knowing fully well that I didn’t do half of them. Which made me come to the conclusion that UK visa is the easiest visa to get.

Just relax and sound confident. Speak like you love your course (which you should) and keep telling them how your knowledge of the course can help Nigeria (I think this can help).

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:14pm On Jan 01, 2018
justwise:

Yes I concur with this. I wasn’t working and I had what was left after paying the tuition and accommodation. They didn’t query how I got such an amount even though I wasn’t working then.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:17pm On Jan 01, 2018
Hayzed212:

No. I didn’t use any payslips. While filling your application form, they will ask what your folks do, provided they are working and can afford such an amount (even if they saved it for years), it will fly.

Nobody asked me for payslips. Even letter from my dad sef, I didn’t carry. My birth cert didn’t even have my folks names on it. So just claim your dad gave it to you if you are asked (doubt you will be, but what do I know!)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.