Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332208 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 4:54pm On Feb 05, 2018
Arielle:
Hi. Is there anyone here in Glasgow? I need some information? Thanks.

Ask your question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2018
Ugo88:
Gurus in the house, I have a pressing issue at hand now. I was denied a tier 4 visa for a Phd in Nov 17, having earlier studied for a masters degree in the UK. The school agreed to give me another cas fors sept 2018 admission. Oh well, to cut a long story short I am now pregnant and my due date is in sept or earlier. The school is still with my deposit. Will I be able to travel with my baby then as the baby will be really tiny. I am also aware of the funds expected to be kept in the account which is not a problem for me as at now. I will like the opinions of you guys. Yhanks

This is going to be tough and costly, first you need to find out first if the airline will allow you to fly with a baby that young.

Secondly you need to make an arrangement for a nanny from day one because you will need those documents for visa application.

Its going to be difficult for you to combine PhD program with looking after a few weeks old baby.

Please think carefully about this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by benugo(m): 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
Joycers:
Hello House?
Please who’s at Birmingham?
Anticipating your responses. Thank you.

I am
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:20am On Feb 13, 2018
Ugo88:
Gurus in the house, I have a pressing issue at hand now. I was denied a tier 4 visa for a Phd in Nov 17, having earlier studied for a masters degree in the UK. The school agreed to give me another cas fors sept 2018 admission. Oh well, to cut a long story short I am now pregnant and my due date is in sept or earlier. The school is still with my deposit. Will I be able to travel with my baby then as the baby will be really tiny. I am also aware of the funds expected to be kept in the account which is not a problem for me as at now. I will like the opinions of you guys. Yhanks

Have you sorted out the issues why you were denied the visa in the first instance?
Can't you go for the PhD in January 2019 when your baby would have been a bit older?
Which kind of PhD are you going for at Greenwich that MUST start in September? Is it Masters? or Undergrad? Why MUST it be September?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BMCSlayer: 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2018
Hello everybody. I want to ask, has anybody here ever had to get his/her secondary school transcript in Nigeria? How did you go about it.

Word I'm getting is secondary school transcript is all your performance in secondary school on one document. Is this right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 10:47pm On Feb 13, 2018
BMCSlayer:
Hello everybody. I want to ask, has anybody here ever had to get his/her secondary school transcript in Nigeria? How did you go about it.

Word I'm getting is secondary school transcript is all your performance in secondary school on one document. Is this right?

I don’t have an answer to your question: but I’m very curious.
Why and what would someone require a Secondary School “Transcripts” for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BMCSlayer: 6:38am On Feb 14, 2018
LaaJiblik:

I don’t have an answer to your question: but I’m very curious.
Why and what would someone require a Secondary School “Transcripts” for?
I was surprised at first when I saw it, but apparently its very important. And schools abroad require it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:21am On Feb 14, 2018
BMCSlayer:
I was surprised at first when I saw it, but apparently its very important. And schools abroad require it.

Hard to believe
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RalphJean: 9:07am On Feb 14, 2018
BMCSlayer:

Which schools please? Which Abroad?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RalphJean: 9:20am On Feb 14, 2018
Ugo88:

Disclaimer: I am not a guru yet.

Ugo88: I think you need to be a bit relaxed.
My suggestion may hurt, but I think you should relax and do some really hard personal thinking.
What exactly do you want as a career path?
Or you simply want to use the schooling route to leave Naija?
You seem “all over the place”. First you wanted to change course, then you wanted to get get pregnant for you British citizen partner who is married already, then you had a golden opportunity to go in via the PhD route, but you somehow spoke too fast during the interview and was denied. Then you wanted to apply for super priority because you thought you will not be interviewed.

I’m not writing all these to despise you, what I’m saying is that you should relax a bit and seriously give a thought to all your options. Take it easy a little.

As for travelling in September with a baby of a few weeks, it depends on a lot of factors; airline regulations etc.
How will you cope on a PhD with a neonate?
Maybe you should consider starting in April or September 2019?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BMCSlayer: 11:01am On Feb 14, 2018
RalphJean:

Which schools please? Which Abroad?
Douglas College Canada. My cousin is going for a post graduate Diploma
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BMCSlayer: 11:02am On Feb 14, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

Hard to believe
its not all schools. This one just request for it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:37pm On Feb 15, 2018
BMCSlayer:
its not all schools. This one just request for it

Find out if the transcript means Testimonial. And if they insist on a transcript, just inform your secondary school, they might have a way to do it for you. Anyway, This is not the thread for Canada, so you will most likely not get a favourable answer here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ugo88: 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2018
I thank everyone who has been answering my questions. I got another school that gave me an earlier start in April. I paid my fees in full, got my cas and applied yesterday using superpriority and I picked up my passport with my visa for my phd.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:42pm On Feb 15, 2018
Ugo88:
I thank everyone who has been answering my questions. I got another school that gave me an earlier start in April. I paid my fees in full, got my cas and applied yesterday using superpriority and I picked up my passport with my visa for my phd.

Congratulations On your Admission;
Congratulations on your “soon-bout-to-start-bulging belly”.��

Abeg when Greenwich refunds you the initial deposit, ququma come and use it to buy champagne � Mek we celebrate.

See you in the UK soon ( a bit of a shame you are not coming to London) or is the new school in London?
Cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by adesbaba: 10:46pm On Feb 15, 2018
Hi all

I learnt UK has relaxed its immigration law,pls any info about this....thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 9:11am On Feb 16, 2018
adesbaba:
Hi all

I learnt UK has relaxed its immigration law,pls any info about this....thanks

A little ‘googling’ will help you here.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dafemnet: 1:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
Hello House,can a Tier 4 Dependant Switch in the UK to a Tier 1.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 5:53pm On Feb 16, 2018
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 6:54pm On Feb 16, 2018
dafemnet:
Which Tier 1
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dafemnet: 8:37pm On Feb 16, 2018
spikesC:

Which Tier 1
Any of the Tier 1
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 11:10pm On Feb 16, 2018
You will have to leave the UK to apply for any tier 1. Switching to Tier 2 is an exception though

dafemnet:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 2:32am On Feb 17, 2018
Bourne007:
You will have to leave the UK to apply for any tier 1. Switching to Tier 2 is an exception though

Graduate entrepreneur can apply from within UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dafemnet: 9:59am On Feb 17, 2018
Bourne007:

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2018
Rinder:
Am going to Aberdeen, let's chat pls.

Rinder I can see you tried reaching me by email some times back. Sorry I did not reply cos I have forgotten my NL email password. I will try and reactivity the email and get back to you. Sorry dear.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 7:26pm On Feb 17, 2018
BMCSlayer:

Lol abroad plenty o, which country in the abroad are you talking about? For MOST schools in UK, they will never ask for secondary school transcript for admission or else the person is applying for UG year 1 entry and even at that, the best they will ask for is WASSCE certificate and probably wassce scratch card.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ezyk(m): 8:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
Can one be denied of visa cos of illicit drug usage when no medical examination is carried out. 6 months study visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:44pm On Feb 17, 2018
ezyk:
Can one be denied of visa cos of illicit drug usage when no medical examination is carried out. 6 months study visa

You mean UK visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ezyk(m): 8:51pm On Feb 17, 2018
LaaJiblik:

You mean UK visa?
Yea
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:27pm On Feb 18, 2018
ezyk:

Yea

Is there a place in the form where an applicant is asked about drug usage?

Beside, what is your definition of “Illicit Drug use”?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tanamon: 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
Hello house, please I need an advice from the house Gurus, I started my Msc programme this February in a UK university under a scholarship from a Nigerian government body. Fortunately someone I met here in the UK connected me with his friend working with an organisation that practices exactly my field of study. The person ask me to mail him my personal details and my CV, which I did. Afterwards, he mailed me today thanking me for my prompt response and asking to know the below information

If my Msc programme allow for time off-campus, say duration 6 weeks starting within the next few weeks? Would there be a conflict of interest in regards to compulsory classes, exams, deadlines, etc.?

my answers to the above will inform his decision. Also, being on a tier 4 visa with 20hrs/week work allowance.....how do I answer and go about it.

..........Of course my answer will be in the affirmative, just want to know how to answer his question intelligently.

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.