Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,772 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1330333 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 5454Darese: 2:00pm On Mar 15, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Was I meant to apply to 150 Unis? Anyway, me and all my friends that studied in the UK did not write any English test. I have sha made my point, take or leave it.
Once you score c and above, U.K. Uni will give you admission . Some of the uni might just want you to put it in ur personal statement that you want to use you waec result. Also they accept if you have a letter from your uni in Nigeria that the medium of instruction was in English dats all. I usually apply to several uni for family and friends and it works sooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by owoade25(m): 2:17pm On Mar 15, 2018
LaaJiblik:

you applied to “ a number of schools” fair enough.
But you still cant say categorically that IELTS. Is not required by UK Universities.
Because a lot of universities may not require IELTS, a lot of others do require it.

you are very correct @LaaJiblik. I applied to a uni (Glyndŵr University), they sent me a 'conditional offer' last week, requesting for IELTS result before the offer can be changed to 'unconditional'. I have rejected their offer though as I've now realized they are low ranked(128 out of 130 top Universities in UK).

Whoever needs to apply should first check the course's entry requirements or send email to the Uni for any clarification.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RalphJean: 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
5454Darese:

Once you score c and above, U.K. Uni will give you admission . Some of the uni might just want you to put it in ur personal statement that you want to use you waec result. Also they accept if you have a letter from your uni in Nigeria that the medium of instruction was in English dats all. I usually apply to several uni for family and friends and it works sooooooo.

That is NOT true. SOME UK universities will give you admission, NOT all.

Every candidate is expected to thoroughly check the requirements as different schools have different requirements. Many Universities may not require IELTS, but some do. And in as much as some do require IELTS, you should not make categorical statements
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
owoade25:

you are very correct @LaaJiblik. I applied to a uni (Glyndŵr University), they sent me a 'conditional offer' last week, requesting for IELTS result before the offer can be changed to 'unconditional'. I have rejected their offer though as I've now realized they are low ranked(128 out of 130 top Universities in UK).

Whoever needs to apply should first check the course's entry requirements or send email to the Uni for any clarification.

Thank you.
Because its Nairaland, some people will just be here talking as if they are an authority.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2018
Aphrodite007:

I didn't goof, come and beat me!

Maybe the Chinese people in the UK that can barely speak, also had to show proof of English now! If they were strict with the English law, what is the probability that 5 out of 5 schools all gave me my admission with any proof of english. Baba go learn maths again!

Also, the fact that you cant tell that Aphrodite is a goddess, means I wont waste my time arguing with you! It goes to show how well-read you are!

Shame! Shame! Shame!
"Come and Beat me" shows the kind of person you are.

Let me advice you. I do not go to beat people, No. I don't. I educate and enlighten them.

Let me give you examples of what I sourced (FOR YOU) from a few websites.

https://www.uel.ac.uk/international/nigeria-entry
The English language entry requirement for the majority of postgraduate (Master's) programmes is IELTS 6.0 or 6.5, or equivalent, depending on your chosen course of study. Specific requirements for your chosen course, including individual component scores, will be outlined as one of the academic conditions if you are made an offer.

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/faqs

You should take an IELTS academic module test if the University you want to attend has stated that you need to provide a proof of English Language proficiency. You will also need to confirm if the University accepts IELTS as a proof of English Language proficiency.

https://www.qub.ac.uk/International/International-students/Your-Country/Nigeria/
(The University considers the West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate/NECO (English Language)at Grade C6 or higher as an acceptable English Language qualification (except for entry to Medicine and Dentistry).

So, I would rather "Come and Beat" you intellectually.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:15am On Mar 16, 2018
LaaJiblik:

Shame! Shame! Shame!
"Come and Beat me" shows the kind of person you are.

Let me advice you. I do not go to beat people, No. I don't. I educate and enlighten them.

Let me give you examples of what I sourced (FOR YOU) from a few websites.

https://www.uel.ac.uk/international/nigeria-entry
The English language entry requirement for the majority of postgraduate (Master's) programmes is IELTS 6.0 or 6.5, or equivalent, depending on your chosen course of study. Specific requirements for your chosen course, including individual component scores, will be outlined as one of the academic conditions if you are made an offer.

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/faqs

You should take an IELTS academic module test if the University you want to attend has stated that you need to provide a proof of English Language proficiency. You will also need to confirm if the University accepts IELTS as a proof of English Language proficiency.

https://www.qub.ac.uk/International/International-students/Your-Country/Nigeria/
(The University considers the West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate/NECO (English Language)at Grade C6 or higher as an acceptable English Language qualification (except for entry to Medicine and Dentistry).

So, I would rather "Come and Beat" you intellectually.

Story! So I mentioned that I know 5 schools that didn't ask for an English test and your come back is just 2 schools?.. if i insult your brain now, they will remove this comment. Uncle, please go and drink cold water and rest. UK schools hardly ask for English tests from Nigerians. My 5 schools didn't, the over 20 schools that have been applied to by my friends didn't. If its paining you that I am right, hug transformer. Please don't mention me again, there are caliber of people I like to argue with, and you are not up to par.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:24am On Mar 16, 2018
owoade25:

Wait, you got rejected by a Welsh Uni? grin When you submitted your application, who wrote your Statement of Purpose?... Wait, a Welsh Uni grin grin! I'm sorry dear, it must have been hard for you to be turned down by a Welsh Uni grin!

Make sure you have your SOP written properly, then also get a letter from your school stating that you were taught in English. That should do for you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by owoade25(m): 1:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Wait, you got rejected by a Welsh Uni? grin When you submitted your application, who wrote your Statement of Purpose?... Wait, a Welsh Uni grin grin! I'm sorry dear, it must have been hard for you to be turned down by a Welsh Uni grin!

Make sure you have your SOP written properly, then also get a letter from your school stating that you were taught in English. That should do for you!

you could have had a little patience, read my post carefully, think about it, before commenting.

I pray God gives us all wisdom , understanding and patience...

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Story! So I mentioned that I know 5 schools that didn't ask for an English test and your come back is just 2 schools?.. if i insult your brain now, they will remove this comment. Uncle, please go and drink cold water and rest. UK schools hardly ask for English tests from Nigerians. My 5 schools didn't, the over 20 schools that have been applied to by my friends didn't. If its paining you that I am right, hug transformer. Please don't mention me again, there are caliber of people I like to argue with, and you are not up to par.

It’s bad enough to be arrogant.
1. Someone asked the simplest of all questions: “Do I require IELTS to study in a UK university?”

Next thing, you replied to categorically state that a Credit pass in WASSCE is enough to gain admission in UK universities.

2. I replied to say that is not entirely correct, as different schools have different requirements. Whereas some schools accept WASSCE, some do not ( which was and is still a Fact).

3. You said you applied to 5 schools and none of the 5 asked for IELTS. By your warped logic, a random sample size of 5 is enough for you to make a General Categorical Statement.
What you failed to acknowledge is that your sample size (n) was too small to conclude.

4. Rather than accept your error, you went ahead to be arrogantly speaking long grammar.

4. Someone even posted that he(or she) was given conditional admission, but the school insisted he/she must write the IELTS.
I even took the pain to point to you the British Council advisory, and a few schools which require the IELTS.

5. Rather than accept the glaring fact, your wounded pride would not allow you to accept that you goofed, big time.

Let me advice you:
Next time, don’t make categorical statements unless you can prove that 100% of UK schools don’t require IELTS.
Even if 99.99% schools don’t require it, you still cannot generalize.

@Justwise always says something on this thread:
READ up on the specific requirements.
Read Read Read.

My advice to fellow Nairalanders:
Different schools have different requirements. Even within a single school, there may be different english language requirements for different courses.
Always take time to read, and send emails to the schools to clear any doubts. Never depend wholly on the likes of the ITK @Aphrodite who may mislead you. Not only can their ilks mislead you, they will be too arrogant to accept that they goofed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 2:23pm On Mar 16, 2018
owoade25:

you could have had a little patience, read my post carefully, think about it, before commenting.

My Brother;
The Aphrodite girl thinks she is an authority on UK. Meanwhile, she doesn’t know jack!
She is even insisting, even with clear evidence that different schools/courses have different requirements.

So much over sabi.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 2:56pm On Mar 16, 2018
owoade25:

Oh yeah, you refused the offer.. Apologies!

A lower university insisting on an English test to a Nigerian with a C or more in WAEC was probably just to scare you away or reflect their naivety. Also, from their insistence of an English test, its pretty obvious that they have a very small community of Nigerian students and have not yet realised the Gold mine of admitting Nigerian students- meaning that they are probably new or quite backwards. Then again, its a Welsh Uni so my latter assumptions aren't far from the truth! grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2018
LaaJiblik:

It’s bad enough to be arrogant.
1. Someone asked the simplest of all questions: “Do I require IELTS to study in a UK university?”

Next thing, you replied to categorically state that a Credit pass in WASSCE is enough to gain admission in UK universities.

2. I replied to say that is not entirely correct, as different schools have different requirements. Whereas some schools accept WASSCE, some do not ( which was and is still a Fact).

3. You said you applied to 5 schools and none of the 5 asked for IELTS. By your warped logic, a random sample size of 5 is enough for you to make a General Categorical Statement.
What you failed to acknowledge is that your sample size (n) was too small to conclude.

4. Rather than accept your error, you went ahead to be arrogantly speaking long grammar.

4. Someone even posted that he(or she) was given conditional admission, but the school insisted he/she must write the IELTS.
I even took the pain to point to you the British Council advisory, and a few schools which require the IELTS.

5. Rather than accept the glaring fact, your wounded pride would not allow you to accept that you goofed, big time.

Let me advice you:
Next time, don’t make categorical statements unless you can prove that 100% of UK schools don’t require IELTS.
Even if 99.99% schools don’t require it, you still cannot generalize.

My advice to fellow Nairalanders:
Different schools have different requirements. Even within a single school, there may be different english language requirements for different courses.
Always take time to read, and send emails to the schools to clear any doubts. Never depend wholly on the likes of the ITK @Aphrodite who may mislead you. Not only can their ilks mislead you, they will be too arrogant to accept that they goofed.

All this turanci, just to show off your poor comprehension skills!

You know, there was a silly argument going on about being able to work in the UK after a master's degree. Apparently, its probably <10% of the people that study a master's degree in the UK that get jobs in the UK, so I and a few others generalised and suggested that nobody should bother studying in the UK because they wouldn't get a job afterwards, but some humans preferred to believe that the law says that its possible to get a job, and mislead other unsuspecting Nigerians.

That's exactly what is going on here. I believe its negligible if just 10% of UK unis ask for an English test, especially if your SOP is powerful enough to show your command in English, this is why I insist that English tests are not a necessity. You might not have mastered the art of drawing conclusions from experiences and assumptions, only smart people know how to do that, so I will let your uncouth behaviour slide! Ask the uncle that refused the Welsh school if he submitted an English test result to the other unis that he applied to. Or go round and find out how many people actually wrote English tests to UK unis (minus the people that were scholarship candidates), then come back and argue with me!

All I'm merely doing is saving people their hard-earned money on English tests that are not necessary, because prospective Nigerian students are allowed to negotiate it even when the school insists on it. I don't see how that's misleading. If Nigerian students don't know that that requirement is contestable or easily solved with a WAEC, wont they be stressing over an English test?

NB: Just mentioned your insistence of the English test to your colleague, and he hissed and said, "Is it not at fairs that UK Universities that will just see a photocopy of your statement of result and offer you conditional admission pending the payment of your tuition?!.. provided you are paying a tuition and not asking for a scholarship, UK Unis don't give wahala!"

Be schooled! Oh and next time you see someone with a contrary opinion, mind your damn business and let the readers decide.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2018
Aphrodite007:

You know, there was a silly argument going on about being able to work in the UK after a master's degree. Apparently, its probably <10% of the people that study a master's degree in the UK that get jobs in the UK, so I and a few others generalised and suggested that nobody should bother studying in the UK because they wouldn't get a job afterwards, but some humans preferred to believe that the law says that its possible to get a job, and mislead other unsuspecting Nigerians.

That's exactly what is going on here. I believe its negligible if just 10% of UK unis ask for an English test, especially if your SOP is powerful enough to show your command in English, this is why I insist that English tests are not a necessity. You might not have mastered the art of drawing conclusions from experiences and assumptions, only smart people know how to do that, so I will let your uncouth behaviour slide! Ask the uncle that refused the Welsh school if he submitted an English test result to the other unis that he applied to. Or go round and find out how many people actually wrote English tests to UK unis (minus the people that were scholarship candidates), then come back and argue with me!

All I'm merely doing is saving people their hard-earned money on English tests that are not necessary, because prospective Nigerian students are allowed to negotiate it even when the school insists on it. I don't see how that's misleading. If Nigerian students don't know that that requirement is contestable or easily solved with a WAEC, wont they be stressing over an English test?

NB: Just mentioned your insistence of the English test to your colleague, and he hissed and said, "Is it not at fairs that UK Universities that will just see a photocopy of your statement of result and offer you conditional admission pending the payment of your tuition?!.. provided you are paying a tuition and not asking for a scholarship, UK Unis don't give wahala!"

Be schooled! Oh and next time you see someone with a contrary opinion, mind your damn business and let the readers decide.Next time you see someone with a contrary opinion, mind your damn business and let the readers decide.

Finally, the chicken has come home to roost.
Madam Over Sabi has finally agreed that it’s a truism that some UK schools do require IELTS from Nigerian students. That is the point I have been trying to make.
How can someone say “it is negligible if 10% of universities require IELTS? Agreed, 10% is small, but definitely NOT negligible especially when you want to make a sweeping general statement.

Let me make it clear (to Madam Aphrodite) and to other Nairalanders. I am currently attending a university in the UK. I am not talking about the kind of university that Madam Aphrodite attended. I am attending a University that is among the TOP 3 in the UK (Using any reputable global ranking). I did not have a C in WASSCE or NECO-SSCE, I had a B3 in NECO-SSCE and an A1 in English Language. YET, I had to write IELTS to get admission into my current Postgraduate course. Granted, my university does admit Nigerain students with WASSCE credits in English, my particular course required the IELTS, and I wrote it, and I am where I am today.

Aunty Aphrodite claimed to have got admission into 5 different unis, with none requiring IELTS, and she claims about 20 of her friends too got admitted without IELTS, so as far as she knows (and she doesn’t know very far), IELTS is not required by UK universities. No one can be farther away from the truth.

And when confronted with raw facts by someone with hard facts, she now resorted to denigrating the Welsh University. Meanwhile, Wales is in the UK. Meanwhile she had earlier insisted that IELTS is not required.

Very shameful is her statement that she “knows what’s up” while I am “from no where” were as, I can bet, the UK university she attended is nowhere near the one I am currently attending.

My dear Nairalanders, always take time to read the webpages of your prospective schools, and if you require clarification, your BEST bet is to contact the school FIRST. If you decide to come to Nairaland first, chances are people like Aphrodite may be the first to commend on your post, and give you wrong information such as “UK schools don’t require IELTS”.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 4:13pm On Mar 16, 2018
LaaJiblik:

Madam Over Sabi has finally agreed that it’s a truism that some UK schools do require IELTS from Nigerian students. That is the point I have been trying to make.
How can someone say “it is negligible if 10% of universities require IELTS? Agreed, 10% is small, but definitely NOT negligible especially when you want to make a sweeping general statement.

Let me make it clear (to Madam Aphrodite) and to other Nairalanders. I am currently attending a university in the UK. I am not talking about the kind of university that Madam Aphrodite attended. I am attending a University that is among the TOP 3 in the UK (Using any reputable global ranking). I did not have a C in WASSCE or NECO-SSCE, I had a B3 in NECO-SSCE and an A1 in English Language. YET, I had to write IELTS to get admission into my current Postgraduate course. Granted, my university does admit Nigerain students with WASSCE credits in English, my particular course required the IELTS, and I wrote it, and I am where I am today.

Aunty Aphrodite claimed to have got admission into 5 different unis, with none requiring IELTS, and she claims about 20 of her friends too got admitted without IELTS, so as far as she knows (and she doesn’t know very far), IELTS is not required by UK universities. No one can be farther away from the truth.

And when confronted with raw facts by someone with hard facts, she now resorted to denigrating the Welsh University. Meanwhile, Wales is in the UK. Meanwhile she had earlier insisted that IELTS is not required.

Very shameful is her statement that she “knows what’s up” while I am “from no where” were as, I can bet, the UK university she attended is nowhere near the one I am currently attending.

My dear Nairalanders, always take time to read the webpages of your prospective schools, and if you require clarification, your BEST bet is to contact the school FIRST. If you decide to come to Nairaland first, chances are people like Aphrodite may be the first to commend on your post, and give you wrong information such as “UK schools don’t require IELTS”.

Cant even bring myself to read all this! I'm going to end it here because I don't argue with children.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 6:16pm On Mar 16, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Cant even bring myself to read all this! I'm going to end it here because I don't argue with children.

This thread was/has never been for arguments.
This thread was opened by @Justwise to provide information, good information.
You think you will come to this thread to argue blindly, even when you clearly churned out misleading information and your attention was drawn to it, you kept blabbing and exposing your ignorance.

One thing I know is that you have learned your lesson, never to come to a public forum like this to make sweeping general statements as though you are an authority.

A wise person would have accepted that whereas a lot of UK schools waive the IELTS for candidates from Nigeria, some schools (or some courses) do insist on it.
Rather, you chose to brag about you applying to 5 schools and none required IELTS. As if n=5 is statistically significant.

This thread is not for argument.
Take your argument elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2018
LaaJiblik:

I was busy at work, now I have your time! So you’re still in school and you have the audacity to argue with me, Your ancestor? Baba no annoy me! I’m trying hard to be civil but you’re pushing me!

What is a NECO? Please is that one result? I mentioned WAEC and you’re bringing NECO out, you’re not ashamed that you even had to use your NECO for anything, and you’re still arguing on top. You’re in a top 3 school, just imagine, and small sense you don’t have! His is why I’ve lost respect for UK schools. Didn’t you read where I wrote that only the top 5 schools would insist on an English test? Better improve your reading skills, you’ll need it for your dissy!

Furthermore, if I decide to rubbish you now, I’ll make calls and write out all the schools that don’t require the English test. Maybe that will humble you. Off the top of my head I can mention 10-20 schools that don’t need it and all you can mention are two schools, but you’re here making noise.

Baba for the last time, don’t mention me again. I don’t speak baby language and it’s difficult to break things down to that level! Naira land is for people to air their opinions, not for one person to act like police on top another person head- drop your Naija mentality and learn to either co-exist or mind your damn business!

P.S: getting to a top three school either means you might be on a scholarship (I must commend you for this maybe you’re not daft afterall!), which must require an English test or some super convincing story. Scholarships must be accompanied with what the school demands. But If you are paying, you wrote that test at your own peril, Cos you could have left the school and applied else where, so please don’t mislead people! I’m sure your fingers where itching to write how you’re in a top 3 school, and you attack me for being arrogant! *rme! please I’m a very friendly person, I don’t want people to see me arguing and think I like fight, just let this end here.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Provided you have a C or better in your WAEC you don't need IELTS for a UK University.

This statement is FALSE. Different schools have different English Language requirements. Find out from the school.

Also, even with a third class, i'm sure some schools in the UK will admit anyone. This is true. I agree. There's nothing hard or special about getting the admission to a UK uni, as far as you don't need a scholarship and its not to a top 10 university.... "Hard" is a relative term so YES you are right. but yes, God is gracious!
[b][/b]

My dear Aphrodite:
Your "top ten" and scholarship statement was about 3rd class degree which I agree with you, 100%
BUT;
Your first statement was/is not true.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:46pm On Mar 16, 2018
Aphrodite007:

I was busy at work, now I have your time! So you’re still in school and you have the audacity to argue with me, Your ancestor? Baba no annoy me! I’m trying hard to be civil but you’re pushing me!

What is a NECO? Please is that one result? I mentioned WAEC and you’re bringing NECO out, you’re not ashamed that you even had to use your NECO for anything, and you’re still arguing on top. You’re in a top 3 school, just imagine, and small sense you don’t have! His is why I’ve lost respect for UK schools. Didn’t you read where I wrote that only the top 5 schools would insist on an English test? Better improve your reading skills, you’ll need it for your dissy!

Furthermore, if I decide to rubbish you now, I’ll make calls and write out all the schools that don’t require the English test. Maybe that will humble you. Off the top of my head I can mention 10-20 schools that don’t need it and all you can mention are two schools, but you’re here making noise.

Baba for the last time, don’t mention me again. I don’t speak baby language and it’s difficult to break things down to that level! Naira land is for people to air their opinions, not for one person to act like police on top another person head- drop your Naija mentality and learn to either co-exist or mind your damn business!

P.S: getting to a top three school either means you might be on a scholarship (I must commend you for this maybe you’re not daft afterall!), which must require an English test or some super convincing story. Scholarships must be accompanied with what the school demands. But If you are paying, you wrote that test at your own peril, Cos you could have left the school and applied else where, so please don’t mislead people! I’m sure your fingers where itching to write how you’re in a top 3 school, and you attack me for being arrogant! *rme! please I’m a very friendly person, I don’t want people to see me arguing and think I like fight, just let this end here.

That means we can actually be friends. I am a most friendly person around. I would probably send you an email, and when you come to the UK, we could meet up and have a pint or two together. By the way, I like flat white. I am not a fish and chips person. We could probably meet at a Five Guys? or a Nando's depending on what you like.

Peace!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:34pm On Mar 17, 2018
LaaJiblik:

That means we can actually be friends. I am a most friendly person around. I would probably send you an email, and when you come to the UK, we could meet up and have a pint or two together. By the way, I like flat white. I am not a fish and chips person. We could probably meet at a Five Guys? or a Nando's depending on what you like.

Peace!

grin grin you’re just trouble maker! Of course we can meet up whenever. Some friends on the UK thread mentioned five guys, I intend to try them out. Dunno why you’re telling me your beer preference, baba I no be bartender grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yolemum: 5:45pm On Mar 17, 2018
Please I want to go for my masters program in the UK, please where do I start from
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:59pm On Mar 17, 2018
yolemum:
Please I want to go for my masters program in the UK, please where do I start from

Start from doing online search for school then apply for admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CapitalCee(m): 6:07pm On Mar 17, 2018
yolemum:

Read carefully what you want to do after your studies before applying, don't waste your money then come here to cry that UK government is wicked

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Olaniyi726: 6:22am On Mar 18, 2018
If someone apply through ucas for undergraduate course, how long would it take to get admission offer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 10:41am On Mar 18, 2018
Olaniyi726:
If someone apply through ucas for undergraduate course, how long would it take to get admission offer

Browse these pages thoroughly, including the FAQs.
If you are not fully satisfied, write an email to UCAS. The address is on the website. Thank you.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/ucas-undergraduate-when-apply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Olaniyi726: 1:37pm On Mar 18, 2018
LaaJiblik:

Browse these pages thoroughly, including the FAQs.
If you are not fully satisfied, write an email to UCAS. The address is on the website. Thank you.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/ucas-undergraduate-when-apply

Thanks, can i get admission into University of Westminster with just ordinary waec result, with good grade
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 2:32pm On Mar 18, 2018
Olaniyi726:

Thanks, can i get admission into University of Westminster with just ordinary waec result, with good grade

Check these pages.
https://www.westminster.ac.uk/international/your-country/nigeria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2018
Olaniyi726:

If your plan is to work with your certificate in the UK you may have to look for a better ranked university in London or outside London, university ranking plays a significant role when it comes to job hunting

These two links will guide you https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?r=london

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/best-universities-uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:49am On Mar 19, 2018
CapitalCee:

Read carefully what you want to do after your studies before applying, don't waste your money then come here to cry that UK government is wicked

Excellent statement!

People should read wide and check for other student's experiences in the UK to reach a conclusion on what they want to study and if the UK is worth the money. To the best of my knowledge, students that graduated between 2013 and 2017 (both BSc and Msc) found it extremely difficult to get jobs after school even with degrees in Engineering, IT, nursing and med.

So, people, if you think you want to work after school in the UK, think long and hard before burning the cash. Good news is that Brexit seems to be working in our (foreigners/Nigerians) favour, so hopefully more Nigerians will be employed after studies soon! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yolemum: 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2018
I don't intend to work in the UK, I have a good job here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Mar 20, 2018
yolemum:

Then you will have a blast in the UK, great student experience and you will make good friends
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 2:16pm On Mar 20, 2018
yolemum:

UK is the perfect destination then!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MasterforceII: 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2018
justwise:

Then you will have a blast in the UK, great student experience and you will make good friends

Hi. What if you aim to proceed to top North American schools for PhD after an MSc in the UK. Is this a good plan? How revered are UK schools in this regard?

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.