Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332323 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Harrypoter(m): 10:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
justwise:

At this point there is nothing much you can do, write your school and inform them about your arrival date and book your ticket for 18th

But can i stil travel b4 the 18th? Since my visa is starting on 11th. I intend now to book for thesame 11th & i should arive on 12th. Whats Ur take on this plz ??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
Harrypoter:

But can i stil travel b4 the 18th? Since my visa is starting on 11th. I intend now to book for thesame 11th & i should arive on 12th. Whats Ur take on this plz ??

Sure you can.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
Pls I need an urgent answer. My agent and i submitted my visa application yesterday, friday and scheduled my interview for monday. I just discovered now that the Oanda exchange rate he used was written wednesday ending not the one for friday when I submitted online. But the difference in pounds figure is small. Pls will this affect the outcome of my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bollarcash(m): 2:25am On Jan 24, 2016
I intend applying to Bpp to study ACCA professional module by September. grin
ufeedoh:
Good morning, Anybody going to BPP University (Holborn) here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bubsykay: 11:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
@ justwise and other gurus in the house! Please do you have to proof the source of fund? In the case of huge single transaction. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chisco8: 7:21pm On Feb 02, 2016
Good day all!
I didn't know where to go for advice on Canadian student visa. I have a Masters degree from a UK university. I'm currently doing my Nysc and I'm aiming to further my studies in Canada. The thing is I am not looking to apply for a PhD. My question is can I apply for another Masters or advanced degree in Canada?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
chisco8:
Good day all!
I didn't know where to go for advice on Canadian student visa. I have a Masters degree from a UK university. I'm currently doing my Nysc and I'm aiming to further my studies in Canada. The thing is I am not looking to apply for a PhD. My question is can I apply for another Masters or advanced degree in Canada?
r

https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/280
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
bubsykay:
@ justwise and other gurus in the house! Please do you have to proof the source of fund? In the case of huge single transaction. Thank you

Not necessarily but it may come up at the interview if you are called in
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by barbie05: 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
REFUSAL ON TIER 4 STUDENT VISA
hello @ just wise, I am new here and have read your comments and advise, you are doing a good work. I have a case at hand. I just recently applied for a post graduate course in one of the universities in the UK. I applied to several schools, one of the schools asked if I have been refused a visa before and if yes I should send the refusal notice. yes, I had been refused before but did not have my refusal note so I wrote a letter of consent to them advising the embassy to state reason of refusal. now this is where the shock began, I got a mail from the school saying I had a 10year ban for deception and non genuine documents. I was sad, angry and just confused. I really want to further my studies. this must be the hand of the agent I used as at that year. I also ddnt notice the refusal as I was more particular about a visa, when there was no visa I just ddnt bother reading why (very irresponsible of me).fast forward, I involved an immigration officer who wrote to the embassy on compassionate ground and they replied saying that the decision made as at then is correct and in accordance with the immigration rules however if I wish to have fresh documents considered I may make a fresh application, I am welcome to make a fresh application any time at our visa application centers and I should attempt to address the concerns outlined in the refusal notice. Gosh I was so happy and went ahead with my admission, got a good school paid my fees in full, had enough money for maintenance and was so happy to apply(another mistake I made, I ddnt address the issue I only stated that the ECO was not statisfied with my documents, as I thought they will have the response on their system. I waited the normal 15 days got a mail that decision has been made and was too happy to go get my visa (note I had booked my flight but of course I had not paid, I was just waiting for the visa) and there it was gbagaun, no visa. I scored the 40points but was still refused based on the decision on the ban. Now am more sad, so so sad and confused. I was given an administrative review and that's what just am doing. Now this are my questions; how long does an administrative review take? what are the chances it can be overturned? are there cases like this and what do you advise. its open to the house, honest answers plss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:22pm On Feb 04, 2016
barbie05:
REFUSAL ON TIER 4 STUDENT VISA
hello @ just wise, I am new here and have read your comments and advise, you are doing a good work. I have a case at hand. I just recently applied for a post graduate course in one of the universities in the UK. I applied to several schools, one of the schools asked if I have been refused a visa before and if yes I should send the refusal notice. yes, I had been refused before but did not have my refusal note so I wrote a letter of consent to them advising the embassy to state reason of refusal. now this is where the shock began, I got a mail from the school saying I had a 10year ban for deception and non genuine documents. I was sad, angry and just confused. I really want to further my studies. this must be the hand of the agent I used as at that year. I also ddnt notice the refusal as I was more particular about a visa, when there was no visa I just ddnt bother reading why (very irresponsible of me).fast forward, I involved an immigration officer who wrote to the embassy on compassionate ground and they replied saying that the decision made as at then is correct and in accordance with the immigration rules however if I wish to have fresh documents considered I may make a fresh application, I am welcome to make a fresh application any time at our visa application centers and I should attempt to address the concerns outlined in the refusal notice. Gosh I was so happy and went ahead with my admission, got a good school paid my fees in full, had enough money for maintenance and was so happy to apply(another mistake I made, I ddnt address the issue I only stated that the ECO was not statisfied with my documents, as I thought they will have the response on their system. I waited the normal 15 days got a mail that decision has been made and was too happy to go get my visa (note I had booked my flight but of course I had not paid, I was just waiting for the visa) and there it was gbagaun, no visa. I scored the 40points but was still refused based on the decision on the ban. Now am more sad, so so sad and confused. I was given an administrative review and that's what just am doing. Now this are my questions; how long does an administrative review take? what are the chances it can be overturned? are there cases like this and what do you advise. its open to the house, honest answers plss

It takes about 26 working days or less to get a decision.

Your chances are very slim, you failed to state that you were banned previously even after using a lawyer to plead for it, its hard to believe that you forgot about it or the reason for the refusal.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by nefertitiram: 11:55am On Feb 06, 2016
Thought this might help someone, especially those intending to school in UK this sept.

https://www.nairaland.com/2915230/attend-free-british-council-brings

50 UK Universities and higher institutions will be coming to Nigeria (Lagos and Abuja) in march to recruit students. This will be a good opportunity to relate with your prospective school for seamless admission. Some of these schools have scholarship opportunities which I will post as they unfold.

Attendance is free but you have to pre-register on https://ng.edukexhibition.org/ to book your space, come with your credentials. contact eduk.enquiries@ng.britishcouncil.org for more information.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 6:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
anyone here in RGU? I need help understanding these bus routes and finding cheap accomodation. i just got here nd erryting seems complex somewhat.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by scoobs: 7:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
creamyworkz:
anyone here in RGU? I need help understanding these bus routes and finding cheap accomodation. i just got here nd erryting seems complex somewhat.
Bus 1 nd 2 takes you to and fro garthdee and the union street; city centre, the average rent for a 2bed in Aberdeen is 700-850 quid you could check gumtree. Some flats are still available at woolmanhill which is one of RGUs hall of residence
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
scoobs:
Bus 1 nd 2 takes you to and fro garthdee and the union street; city centre, the average rent for a 2bed in Aberdeen is 700-850 quid you could check gumtree. Some flats are still available at woolmanhill which is one of RGUs hall of residence
Thanks alot for the prompt response. I really appreciate it. wch would u advice, RGU hall or private accomodation? I understand that people say its better to arrange a private accomodation that its cheaper, bt adding transportation cost nd other logistics isnt it evn more expensive?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by scoobs: 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
creamyworkz:

Thanks alot for the prompt response. I really appreciate it. wch would u advice, RGU hall or private accomodation? I understand that people say its better to arrange a private accommodation that its cheaper, bt adding transportation cost nd other logistics isnt it evn more expensive?
Except you want to trek through out your stay lol.... whether its private accommodation or student halls you would need a bus pass, trust me you wont want to pay 2.60pounds for every single trip you make get a bus pass of 3mnths or a year at first bus union street. the cheapest accommodation for student halls is at 410 quid per month bills inclusive indeed you can put on ur heater all day and feel like you are in Africa the downside is your rent contract is bout 45weeks and you would still need to get a private accommodation. A shared flat would allow you share bills with others share utilities with fewer people unlike student halls where you share utilities among 4-5 pple some peeps here rent a 2bed and convert the living room to another bedroom to reduce d bills. Depends on what you want if you are willing to interact more with people student halls could be ok.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 8:23am On Feb 07, 2016
scoobs:
Except you want to trek through out your stay lol.... whether its private accommodation or student halls you would need a bus pass, trust me you wont want to pay 2.60pounds for every single trip you make get a bus pass of 3mnths or a year at first bus union street. the cheapest accommodation for student halls is at 410 quid per month bills inclusive indeed you can put on ur heater all day and feel like you are in Africa the downside is your rent contract is bout 45weeks and you would still need to get a private accommodation. A shared flat would allow you share bills with others share utilities with fewer people unlike student halls where you share utilities among 4-5 pple some peeps here rent a 2bed and convert the living room to another bedroom to reduce d bills. Depends on what you want if you are willing to interact more with people student halls could be ok.

Do i need a student ID to get the bus pass?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by scoobs: 1:15am On Feb 08, 2016
creamyworkz:

Do i need a student ID to get the bus pass?
Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by nuraig(m): 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
Anybody planning to go to Coventry University
this spring?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
nuraig:
this spring?

maybe
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Banim(m): 5:41am On Feb 11, 2016
nuraig:
this spring?

Hmm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Solitin40: 7:52am On Feb 13, 2016
please is western union different from western union business solutions

And also is western union available i mean send money from nigeria to Australia

Pple who payed for school fees starting from January what d u use to make the transaction talking about the platform u used
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Banim(m): 11:13am On Feb 13, 2016
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Solitin40: 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
Banim:
Same problem I'm having... Western Union sending limit from Nigeria is $5000.... What I'll have to pay is above $5000
1000USD not 5000USD
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Banim(m): 12:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Solitin40: 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
Banim:

Explain the last sentence in this image then
I will not talk just go there and ask them

First bank never update there website

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alabizzzz: 8:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
@justwise

I have been following you here for a while now and your advise has really helped me alot, i applied for Tier 4 student visa with my spouse and i have paid my school fees in full but my application was refused and the reason for the the refusal was that i needed to have £1.015 for 9 month which i have and the ECO made a mistake by calculating £1.015 for my spouse which was meant to be £680 for 9 month.

I wanted to re apply because my school resumed on march 7th but my school said i should apply for administrative review that they can still offer me an extension till april 14th if decision is made after my resumption date but my question is please how does this admin review things works? are they going to get back to me through email if i mail it to the embassy address in abuja? or do you have an idea of how they get in touch with people

Please respond
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:51pm On Feb 15, 2016
alabizzzz:
@justwise

I have been following you here for a while now and your advise has really helped me alot, i applied for Tier 4 student visa with my spouse and i have paid my school fees in full but my application was refused and the reason for the the refusal was that i needed to have £1.015 for 9 month which i have and the ECO made a mistake by calculating £1.015 for my spouse which was meant to be £680 for 9 month.

I wanted to re apply because my school resumed on march 7th but my school said i should apply for administrative review that they can still offer me an extension till april 14th if decision is made after my resumption date but my question is please how does this admin review things works? are they going to get back to me through email if i mail it to the embassy address in abuja? or do you have an idea of how they get in touch with people

Please respond

Sorry about the refusal.

As the name suggested, with AR the ECM will go through those documents you submitted when you applied for the visa again to see if the ECO made a mistake, your own job is to point out where you think that the ECO got it wrong then it will be looked at.

You don't submit any document with the AR paper, just a written statement.

They will get back to you through email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Yababoy(m): 8:32am On Feb 16, 2016
@Justwise: Thanks for the help you're rendering on this forum. I'm still greatly indebted to you. I am planning to go for another Postgraduate program in the UK for September. Do you have information on how people have been coping with the exchange rate fluctuations and what rate is used in converting the maintainance fees now; the official or parallel market rates?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alabizzzz: 12:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
alabizzzz:
@justwise
Please respond
alabizzzz:
@justwise
Please respond
alabizzzz:
@justwise
Please respond
justwise:

Sorry about the refusal.

As the name suggested, with AR the ECM will go through those documents you submitted when you applied for the visa again to see if the ECO made a mistake, your own job is to point out where you think that the ECO got it wrong then it will be looked at.

You don't submit any document with the AR paper, just a written statement.

They will get back to you through email.

@ justwise thanks for the response and please my last question.
If I win the AR are they going to ask for me and my spouse passport or do I need to submit 2 AR form inside the envelope because they wrote it on her refusal letter that she can apply for AR?

Please reply thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 1:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
alabizzzz:

@ justwise thanks for the response and please my last question.
If I win the AR are they going to ask for me and my spouse passport or do I need to submit 2 AR form inside the envelope because they wrote it on her refusal letter that she can apply for AR?

Please reply thanks
Sorry about the refusal. The administrative review is actually a relatively easy process, my visa was denied as well and i did the same thing and got my visa. wah you'll do is go to the link for the AR form in the refusal notice and download the form, print it out and fill it, then scan it and send it to the the email address on the letter. they'll go thru it and hopefully they'll ask you to submit your passport and a copy of the mail requesting you to submit your passport to the same vac you applied from and dats it. to be on the safe side fill two forms for yourself and your spouse and make reference to her case in ur letter and vis-versa in hers. I wish you the very best. just incase there's anything you dont understand bout the process along the line, i'll be glad to help

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.