Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332079 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Strawman: 9:31pm On May 23, 2016
fizzile:
As for Coventry University, their condition is:  Provide your WAEC certificate with grade C or higher in English Language or achieve IELTS
6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each of the four components.
 Pay 1/3rd tuition fee deposit to secure your place. Refunds will only be given if you are
refused a student visa. The second payment is due before enrolment on the course.
Then for University of Bedfordshire: Conditions: Pre-payment of 50% of the above tuition fees is required to obtain an unconditional offer.
Please provide Skype ID and a personal progression statement which satisfactorily demonstrates your intention to study
MSc Enivornmental Management at the University of Bedfordshire and UK and how you intend to implement your newly
acquired skills on the return to your home country
That Bedfordshire, the ranking is really low..dont really know about the school. Am still waiting for decisions from Sunderland and Salford. Just looking at weighing the options. How are these schools generally? and whats the next step after getting these offers?

Hello do you know if Coventry accepts Direct Entry into 3rd Year?

cc: estateallen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 11:08pm On May 23, 2016
guiddoti:
bro, school's accommodation will not be cheaper compare to off campus. Most of the school's accommodation is not different to small hut.

Lol, its not as small as "small hut" sounds tho. well its small but definately not uncomfortable.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 12:09am On May 24, 2016
Strawman:

Don't really know. I will make some findings then get back to you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Strawman: 1:18am On May 24, 2016
fizzile:
Don't really know. I will make some findings then get back to you.

Thanks, I appreciate that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 6:25am On May 24, 2016
Strawman:

I am assuming that by direct entry, you already have HND right? If my assumption is right, there are lots of schools that accept Top up of 1 year and you will get your BA/BSc. Although i must say that the courses for which you can get a top up are limited depending on the school.

Some schools that offer top up in UK are bournemouth university, university of kent, university of sunderland etc

Please note, Coventry University College (it is quite different from coventry university but the degree you will be given at the end of 1 year will be the same as going to the university) offers top up courses also in some selected fields but you need to confirm if this college is a registered tier 4 sponsor for international students (this is very very important)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Strawman: 7:49am On May 24, 2016
OlowoB:

I am assuming that by direct entry, you already have HND right? If my assumption is right, there are lots of schools that accept Top up of 1 year and you will get your BA/BSc. Although i must say that the courses for which you can get a top up are limited depending on the school.

Some schools that offer top up in UK are bournemouth university, university of kent, university of sunderland etc

Please note, Coventry University College (it is quite different from coventry university but the degree you will be given at the end of 1 year will be the same as going to the university) offers top up courses also in some selected fields but you need to confirm if this college is a registered tier 4 sponsor for international students (this is very very important)

I was referring to the process of transferring to another university now that I have finished my 2nd year. I'm currently pursuing my LLB undergraduate degree.

And thanks for the side note, however, I'm referring to the University not the College.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Yababoy(m): 10:01am On May 24, 2016
Hello Guys, it's been long I went through the UK Visa processes and I need some help please. I am going for a PG program in September 2016. I have already paid my tuition fees in full, secured my hostel accommodation (by experience, more comfortable due to proximity to school) and gotten my CAS letter.
However, I remember that I also need to have a TB Test done. Can I be guided as to where this is being done? Can anyone that has gone for it advise me on how long it takes for this test to be out as I want to apply for the visa very early enough.
Also on the IHS, will this be paid with the visa application fees or separately?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by perfect08(m): 12:31pm On May 24, 2016
Hello Guys, I am a PhD student in the UK and I intend to invite my wife over by next month, she recently changed her name but her maiden name is still on her International passport, Will that be a problem for the Dependent visa application? @justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 2:23pm On May 24, 2016
As far as I know, it shouldn't be a problem if she wants to use the international passport with her maiden name as long as you can prove a subsisting and genuine relationship. Proof of subsisting relationship includes your Marriage certificate, Joint account (if any), wedding photos, communication (chats, phone calls, emails) etc.

Cheers

perfect08:
Hello Guys, I am a PhD student in the UK and I intend to invite my wife over by next month, she recently changed her name but her maiden name is still on her International passport, Will that be a problem for the Dependent visa application? @justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by claremont(m): 8:00pm On May 24, 2016
guiddoti:
bro, school's accommodation will not be cheaper compare to off campus. Most of the school's accommodation is not different to small hut.

When I was at uni accommodation, I lived in a room with a single bed, a chair and table, ensuite shower. There were 5 rooms sharing a living room and kitchen, each room had to top up its own heating meter at the rate of about £7/week. I wouldn't advice anyone to live in student accommodation due to its high costs and size, living out is cheaper with more space and amenities provided.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:09pm On May 24, 2016
perfect08:

She changed her name to your name after marriage?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chasethechased: 11:12pm On May 24, 2016
Hello house,
please I need a very urgent guidance regarding tier 4 dependent visa.
I want to apply for a tier 4 visa with my husband and our 1-year old baby as my dependents.Is it okay if we apply at the same time.
I did my MSc in the Uk, had my baby there and my husband came around to join me as a dependent, we left the uk at the same time.
Now I have been offered a place for a PhD program, and Im thinking of applying for visa at the same time with them nest week.
Can the gurus in the house advise, please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 6:17am On May 25, 2016
iretide1:
Hello house,
Great job you guys are doing here.
Please, how long do I need to wait after submitting form A for the fee to be actually paid to the school?
Also, how do I go about paying 3000 pounds for my tier 4 visa + IHS(4-year course) for myself and my two dependents considering the limit on cards and online payment?
Waiting for responses.
Cheers.

Well, to the best of my knowledge, I don't think there is any bank that will let you pay that much unless you've got an account in foreign currency. If you've got someone outside the country, you can try paying them and using their card. I am assuming you'll need to pay the money together. If it is a different application for each person, that means it will let you pay for each person individually and if that's the case, just get a GTBank naira MasterCard for two payments. That is 1 naira MasterCard can pay for two people. Both IHS and Visa fee. GTBank recently increased their limit to $2k. Don't know anything about the form A tho.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 6:19am On May 25, 2016
chasethechased:
Hello house,
I want to apply for a tier 4 visa with my husband and our 1-year old baby as my dependents.Is it okay if we apply at the same time.
I did my MSc in the Uk, had my baby there and my husband came around to join me as a dependent, we left the uk at the same time.
Now I have been offered a place for a PhD program, and Im thinking of applying for visa at the same time with them nest week.

I think you should be able to apply at the same time as long as you meet the financial requirements. Cc Justwise should be able to help you further but I don't see a reason why you can't apply together.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 6:24am On May 25, 2016
Yababoy:
Hello Guys, it's been long I went through the UK Visa processes and I need some help please. I am going for a PG program in September 2016. I have already paid my tuition fees in full, secured my hostel accommodation (by experience, more comfortable due to proximity to school) and gotten my CAS letter.
However, I remember that I also need to have a TB Test done. Can I be guided as to where this is being done? Can anyone that has gone for it advise me on how long it takes for this test to be out as I want to apply for the visa very early enough.
Also on the IHS, will this be paid with the visa application fees or separately?

the TB test will be done in an hospital around Ikeja GRA. IOM. Check online for their contact as you will need to make an appointment before you go. You will also need to make payment to their standard chartered account before you go. That way you can do the TB test and get your result same day. Also the application process is easier now because they have integrated the IHS fee together with the application so you can pay it during application. Just make sure you use a card that you are sure will work cos if it declines three times, you will have to start the application process all over again and if you have paid the ihs fee before it cancels your application, you'll need to start over, then you might end up paying twice. They will refund you tho, it is just stressful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:55am On May 25, 2016
chasethechased:
Hello house,

Sure you can do that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:38am On May 25, 2016
Yababoy:
The TB Test is done at Migration Health Assessment Centre, Lagos. No 5D, Reverend Ogunbiyi Street, Off Oba Akinjobi Way G.R.A. Ikeja - Lagos. If you are in Abuja, u will go to the abuja address. You will have to pay $130 (thats about 27k) to Standard Chartered Bank, Account name: International Organization for Migration, Bank Account: 0001847002, Sort Code: 068080017, Referece: Applicants Passport Number
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chasethechased: 1:01pm On May 25, 2016
Thanks for the response chupcake and justwise.
is it very important to get an apartment prior to applying and submitting the tenancy agreement alongside the application for it to be successful considering the fact that i'm going with my family(though getting apartment from here might not be very feasible), we have a place to stay for the first few days before getting our own apartment. And also, we will be using my personal account for the maintenance fund for the three of us.
Please advise, as i really want the application to be suceessful.
God bless you.
chupcake:

I think you should be able to apply at the same time as long as you meet the financial requirements. Cc Justwise should be able to help you further but I don't see a reason why you can't apply together.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chasethechased: 1:04pm On May 25, 2016
is it very important to get an apartment prior to applying and submitting the tenancy agreement alongside the application for it to be successful considering the fact that i'm going with my family(though getting apartment from here might not be very feasible), we have a place to stay for the first few days before getting our own apartment. And also, we will be using my personal account for the maintenance fund for the three of us.
God bless you.
justwise:

Sure you can do that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:44pm On May 25, 2016
chasethechased:
God bless you.

1.No you don't have to get an apartment before applying.

2.Are you on scholarship ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ZOE07: 7:57pm On May 25, 2016
Hello people, good evening. I was trying to apply for a short term study visa (6 months or less). I started out the application, confirmed, booked appointment and brought me to make a payment for IHS. After inquiry from others, I was told I am not meant to pay for IHS as I have selected the wrong visa type while applying. Every time I log in back to my account, it takes me back to the IHS payment page and there is no button to cancel my application. Please what do i do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chasethechased: 4:59pm On May 27, 2016
Thanks Justwise.
it's not a full scholarship. Just a part fee waiver.
justwise:

1.No you don't have to get an apartment before applying.

2.Are you on scholarship ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 11:19pm On May 27, 2016
Guys,please for maintenance fee,is it calculated by 9months or 12months. Will appreciate ur reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:00am On May 28, 2016
chasethechased:
Thanks Justwise.
it's not a full scholarship. Just a part fee waiver.

Ok you need to show maintenance money for your dependant and the remaining money for the scholarship since its not full.

So basically your school fees, maintenance money and dependant maintenance money.

Read this link from 45 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/477216/PBS_dependant_guidance_11-15.pdf

Answers all the questions about dependant maintenance money

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.