Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,150 members, 7,807,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1331962 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 5:54am On Sep 13, 2015
guiddoti:
You can google it (student accommodation near Glasgow Caledonian) .But you cannot get accommodation until you come. They will need confirm your visa and letter from your school

However, getting accommodation near your mentioned location is possible but it will take longer time because this is peak period and is at city center. Your location house Three universities which are very close to one another, so you can imagine how the rush would look like.
Ok, does that mean I shud rent a hotel when I come. And it's for January entry m going for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chenn(m): 9:02am On Sep 13, 2015
usqoh:
Petitediva14, chenn, scoobs, scoob
PweedyB, thababe and any one

please which bank did you guys use to get pta form where i can change my money to pound with cbn rate.

what is the requirement. Which document should i bring with me.

What is the highest amount of pounds can i seek for

What is highest amount of pounds can i hold with me when travelling.

Must i have account with such bank?

please where in lagos and which branch.

Thanks

@usqoh! I could not purchase PTA from any banks (gtb, first bank, zenith bank) because they stop selling to customers! I bought GBP on Friday 11th from Abuja at the rate of 350 NGN to 1GBP!

I had arrive the UK safely! I used emirate airbus, their services is good but they have baggage wahala, it must not exceed 30kg. I had 4 luggage: 1 LP bag, 1 hand carry-on, 1 box, and a small Ghana must go bag! The Ghana must go bag which contains my basic African oririshe weighed 18kg, and the box weighed 26kg; oboy I wan die, I used this normal weight scaled at home oh b4 leaving, nahim be say that scale I used at home no work. o boy come see trans loading, it is good to go the airport early to avoid rush! I forced many clothes, shoes, even my clipper into my hand luggage and LP bag, good a thing the LP bag is big! After that I gave my hand carry on luggage (becos that hang carry is already weighing 15kg) to one my FAAN official friend to hold 4 me, after passing thru customs, then I went and check in the Ghana must go bag and box, getting my boarding pass; then came pick my hand luggage from my FAAN friend proceeded to immigration; the immigration woman demanded I tipped her, and I told plainly that I am student and that I don't have much on me, that is wia their game wahala started, he called one guy to come and examine me and that she could not see some info in the computer. The guy ask me to give him the receipts of the fees I made to the school, which I didn't have; I told him to check my CAS as evidence, na so they take go and around until dem tire, later sent me to see one of their boss, who I took time to explain the process and after looking at admission letter, he let me go!

During boarding, the lady told my hand luggage exceeded, I come razle her small, she demanded I give something, I told her on a normal day I would have love, but toady she should be considerate, that I am going to study and come back make her and Nigeria proud, she just laugh and let me pass!
10hrs to Dubai, I used the 2hr, 30mins gap to locate my terminal in Dubai and flew 7.30hrs to my school city!
spent almost almost 2.30hrs waiting and passing UK Border Force because chinesse students wia much!

my Advice:

Goto the the airport early

Make sure u r with ur CAS and Admission letter

Carry receipts fees u have made if possible

carry also lower denomination of GBP for ur transport fee when arrive UK

If u had much luggage, take a taxi cab, avoid the stress of trains and buses if the ur destination is about 3omins from the airports

Takia!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bidosko(m): 9:46am On Sep 13, 2015
@chenn. Thank God for landing safely. I will also be flying with emirates. For the baggage allowance, all the bags together must not exceed 30kg or each must not exceed 30kg? Is the hand luggage and LP excluded from the 30kg allowance?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 10:12am On Sep 13, 2015
chilez:

Ok, does that mean I shud rent a hotel when I come. And it's for January entry m going for.
I will suggest you make contact with any female friends who can house you until you get accommodation. That is how you can get good house of your choice. if you have the money for one week hotel bill, there is no problem.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chenn(m): 10:18am On Sep 13, 2015
bidosko:
@chenn. Thank God for landing safely. I will also be flying with emirates. For the baggage allowance, all the bags together must not exceed 30kg or each must not exceed 30kg? Is the hand luggage and LP excluded from the 30kg allowance?

For the check In luggage, the two bags 2geda must not exceed 30kg, it exceed, let it be like 31kg or else u will be ask to 65USD per kg

you can make ur check in luggage 15kg, 15kg i.e 2 bags

The LP bag and hand luggage is excluded of 30kg baggage allowance, make sure ur LP bag is something u can hang on back like parachute, also ur hand luggage should not exceed 45 inches (L+W+H)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 10:26am On Sep 13, 2015
chenn:

@usqoh! I could not purchase PTA from any banks (gtb, first bank, zenith bank) because they stop selling to customers! I bought GBP on Friday 11th from Abuja at the rate of 350 NGN to 1GBP!

I had arrive the UK safely! I used emirate airbus, their services is good but they have baggage wahala, it must not exceed 30kg. I had 4 luggage: 1 LP bag, 1 hand carry-on, 1 box, and a small Ghana must go bag! The Ghana must go bag which contains my basic African oririshe weighed 18kg, and the box weighed 26kg; oboy I wan die, I used this normal weight scaled at home oh b4 leaving, nahim be say that scale I used at home no work. o boy come see trans loading, it is good to go the airport early to avoid rush! I forced many clothes, shoes, even my clipper into my hand luggage and LP bag, good a thing the LP bag is big! After that I gave my hand carry on luggage (becos that hang carry is already weighing 15kg) to one my FAAN official friend to hold 4 me, after passing thru customs, then I went and check in the Ghana must go bag and box, getting my boarding pass; then came pick my hand luggage from my FAAN friend proceeded to immigration; the immigration woman demanded I tipped her, and I told plainly that I am student and that I don't have much on me, that is wia their game wahala started, he called one guy to come and examine me and that she could not see some info in the computer. The guy ask me to give him the receipts of the fees I made to the school, which I didn't have; I told him to check my CAS as evidence, na so they take go and around until dem tire, later sent me to see one of their boss, who I took time to explain the process and after looking at admission letter, he let me go!

During boarding, the lady told my hand luggage exceeded, I come razle her small, she demanded I give something, I told her on a normal day I would have love, but toady she should be considerate, that I am going to study and come back make her and Nigeria proud, she just laugh and let me pass!
10hrs to Dubai, I used the 2hr, 30mins gap to locate my terminal in Dubai and flew 7.30hrs to my school city!
spent almost almost 2.30hrs waiting and passing UK Border Force because chinesse students wia much!

my Advice:

If u had much luggage, take a taxi cab, avoid the stress of trains and buses if the ur destination is about 3omins from the airports

Takia!

welcome strathclyder! people make glasgow! Enjoy your studies.haha I no see pet on your list, they love pet like nothing else haha
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mubarak39: 10:41am On Sep 13, 2015
chenn:

Then how can someone go about paying for his accommodation, i thought the maximum limit of ATM transaction is $300? it's not even up to £200 I guess
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:47am On Sep 13, 2015
Mubarak39:

Then how can someone go about paying for his accommodation, i thought the maximum limit of ATM transaction is $300? it's not even up to £200 I guess

That is a day limit, you can withdraw the money in 2 days or go straight to your bank to withdraw above £300
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chenn(m): 10:55am On Sep 13, 2015
Mubarak39:

Buy enough GBP wen coming but it shouldn't be more than 10,000 USD equivalent, wen u arrive UK, Open an account in UK, naira can be sent to you and u collect it in GBP then u can pay for your accommodation

another alternative is: Also b4 u leave Nigeria, go to your bank and indemnified ur account status with them, so that u can stay in UK and issue instruction to them through email to pay for Accommodation thru form A medium.
Also know ur account officer and his contact details.

Takia

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mubarak39: 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
justwise:

That is a day limit, you can withdraw the money in 2 days or go straight to your bank to withdraw above £300

GTB, and diamond bank in UK? grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mubarak39: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
chenn:

Buy enough GBP wen coming but it shouldn't be more than 10,000 USD equivalent, wen u arrive UK, Open an account in UK, naira can be sent to you and u collect it in GBP then u can pay for your accommodation

another alternative is: Also b4 u leave Nigeria, go to your bank and indemnified ur account status with them, so that u can stay in UK and issue instruction to them through email to pay for Accommodation thru form A medium.
Also know ur account officer and his contact details.

Takia

Thanks for this info cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sylverbox(m): 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
guiddoti:
Good you. Always be a good representative. These changes of policy by.UKIV is just because of.us (nigerians) indians and pakistani. we always fault policy. congrats
you are absolutely right. I wish many of our guys out there could embrace this bitter truth.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
modified: deleted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by poshstore: 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
ebally:

Please did you get a decision mail before the collection mail?
I didn't get the content of ur email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Petitediva14(f): 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
eljaye:

Cash book? Is there an alternative to that? Because am I thought the plastic cards would suffice.

You need your cash book because you are going to fill the withdrawal slip. Write the total amount that you would need in the naira equivalent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Petitediva14(f): 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
justwise:

I have always wondered why people use agent or agency for flight booking while the airline website is there. Agent can't sell you ticket cheaper than the airline

Me too o. I have never used them ever.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
chenn:

my Advice:

Takia!

Thanks for the insight. But these customs and immigration guys get wahala. God help us all! Just rest well and relax your back from this treacherous journey.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
Petitediva14:

You need your cash book because you are going to fill the withdrawal slip. Write the total amount that you would need in the naira equivalent.

Thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by scoobs: 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
dat1960chikala:
well guys.....I have been following this thread for awhile. I have even gone ahead to get a conditional admission but realized too late that I can't use an investment account...so sad right now coz the school resume early next month.

please does anyone know where I can do a top up in London....I mean any school... I just finished my HND and I would like to do a top up in the uk.

by the way I have Googled but I don't seem to get it. I need someone with a first hand information, someone that know about topping up HND into Bsc the UK.

please help me. justwise, scoobs, worries... please help.
must it be london though? what course? mail Anglia Ruskin, University of Hull and then University of Wolvehampton about your situation, you should know only Tier C schools can offer such.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by scoobs: 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
eljaye:

Thanks for the insight. But these customs and immigration guys get wahala. God help us all! Just rest well and relax your back from this treacherous journey.
when i was coming i had sew an inner purse to accomodate the pounds just to dodge them pls dont act frightened before them they would capitalise on that,.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
scoobs:
when i was coming i had sew an inner purse to accomodate the pounds just to dodge them pls dont act frightened before them they would capitalise on that,.

I was already worried. I can't even deal with people exploiting me at all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by derbylicious: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
scoobs:

Lmfao..ok this cracked me up! Lolz
You are agent 46!!!

Anyway,now I have an idea on what to do...lol

Meanwhile, Justwise et al...had my interview on Friday...want to know if it's necessary to activate Internet banking (to open an account there and transfer) or just handle monetary issues with a master card(when the hard bills run out)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
scoobs:
must it be london though? what course? mail Anglia Ruskin, University of Hull and then University of Wolvehampton about your situation, you should know only Tier C schools can offer such.

I'm sorry o....but which one is tier C
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DutchessE: 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
@dat1960chikala my cuz resumed last month (August) for a one year top in a London campus(sorry can't even rmbr the university); to upgrade her HND to BSc. Will get back once I get in touch with her.
dat1960chikala:
well guys.....I have been following this thread for awhile. I have even gone ahead to get a conditional admission but realized too late that I can't use an investment account...so sad right now coz the school resume early next month.

please does anyone know where I can do a top up in London....I mean any school... I just finished my HND and I would like to do a top up in the uk.

by the way I have Googled but I don't seem to get it. I need someone with a first hand information, someone that know about topping up HND into Bsc the UK.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ttmacoy: 10:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
Congratulations and goodluck. Kings College is a very good university.

Sylverbox:
To the glory of God. I want to say a big thank you to everyone in this forum who always took out their personal time to reply my somewhat silly and naive questions. May God bless you all immensely.
My Visa was posted to me today from abj(to pH). I am heading to King's college London. Its been a dream for me and I am glad I will be living it soonest. I promise not to let you guys down out there. Thank you and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by scoobs: 10:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
dat1960chikala:

I'm sorry o....but which one is tier C
ranked 70 downwards http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:32am On Sep 14, 2015
dat1960chikala:

What course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:34am On Sep 14, 2015
Petitediva14:

Me too o. I have never used them ever.

Exactly!. Safer to deal directly with the airline, makes refund and cancellation a lot easier and ticket is cheaper.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:40am On Sep 14, 2015
derbylicious:

Lmfao..ok this cracked me up! Lolz
You are agent 46!!!

Anyway,now I have an idea on what to do...lol

Meanwhile, Justwise et al...had my interview on Friday...want to know if it's necessary to activate Internet banking (to open an account there and transfer) or just handle monetary issues with a master card(when the hard bills run out)

Please do if you can it will save you a lot of problem but...check the exchange rate before you start transferring. Notwithstanding...its a good idea.

I'm beating myself up now for not opening back account in Nigeria the last time i visited because sending money home through western union or bank is an expensive exercise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ishilove: 12:42am On Sep 14, 2015
justwise:

What course?
Emm, please can I ask a question?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:49am On Sep 14, 2015
Ishilove:

Emm, please can I ask a question?

No. grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ishilove: 12:55am On Sep 14, 2015
justwise:

No. grin
Mscheeeew. angry

Carry on then. Good job, BTW angry angry

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.