Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,212 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:44 AM

2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs (32508 Views)

2 Nigerians In Vietnam Jailed For 28 Years Over Dating Scam Of About $130,000 / Eiye-buccaneer Cult Clash: 2 Nigerians Killed In Egypt / Russian Man Arrested With 2 Nigerians Over Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by dridowu: 11:46am On Sep 04, 2015
Two Nigerian nationals are charged over the alleged importation of more than 40 kilograms of methamphetamine, brought into Australia concealed inside bar fridges and Jackie Chan-branded DVD players.

Two Nigerian nationals have been charged over the alleged importation of more than 40 kilograms of methamphetamine, brought into Australia concealed inside bar fridges and Jackie Chan-branded DVD players.

Chibuike Anyasor, 33, and Joe Iwuchukwu Odemegwo, 51, were arrested on Thursday afternoon by officers from Taskforce Icarus, a joint operation between the AFP, Border Force and Victoria Police tackling the importation of drugs by post and other methods.

The pair appeared in the Melbourne Magistrates Court today.

Ansayor, described by police as a key figure in the drug importation syndicate, was charged with importing and attempting to possess methamphetamine.

Odemegwo was charged with attempting to possess a commercial quantity of methamphetamine. If found guilty they face a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.

The court heard that Anyasor and Odemegwo were under investigation for six months and that police had obtained extensive telephone intercepts during that time.

Many of the intercepted calls were all in the Igbo language, predominantly spoken by people in the south-east of Nigeria.

The court was told there were only two accredited Igbo translators in Australia and that both of them were living in Adelaide, on students visas, which meant they could only work for 20 hours a week.

AFP Deputy Commissioner Operations Leanne Close said offenders who imported methamphetamine into Australia would face the full force of the law.

"Law enforcement and border protection agencies will continue to work together to target organised crime syndicates who seek to compromise our communities with this dangerous and insidious drug," Deputy Commissioner Close said.

"These arrests are a significant disruption to this syndicate. Our capabilities to detect and disrupt organised crime continue to grow, and we will not slow our efforts to remove this scourge from our streets."

The two men were remanded into custody until a committal mention on December 11.

http://m.radioaustralia.net.au/international/2015-09-04/melbourne-pair-arrested-over-ice-imported-in-fridges-and-jackie-chanbranded-dvd-players/1489596

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by lekjons(m): 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
say 'NO NO' to tribalism!

NB: I'm proudly Oduduwa!

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by Blackchampion(m): 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
Oya over to South West Tribalists

12 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by otijah(m): 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ok
Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by oyefeel(m): 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
I know which region they are fromm

Na them themmmm...

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by tollytexy(m): 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
Igbo kwenu ...

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by Bacanista: 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
There is no need to check the ethnicity of the criminals

They are Nigerians at the end of the day

Let them face the wrath of the law

Sai Bacanista cool cool

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by solonazzy: 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
Anoda set of image spoilers...... God help us

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
Chibuike Anyasor, 33, and Joe Iwuchukwu Odemegwo, 51, dis people again MA GOD HELP US... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by ExInferis(m): 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
before i even opened the thread, i knew they were going to be igboes.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by chemystery: 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
oyefeel:
Na them themmmm...
tollytexy:
Igbo kwenu ...
adewumiopeyemi:
Chibuike Anyasor, 33, and Joe Iwuchukwu Odemegwo, 51, dis people again MA GOD HELP US... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
lwise:
Flat headers disgracing Nigeria since 1960.
ucheHapers:
These people keep disgracing themselves not us....
after1:
The Hardworking people. igbo Kwenu!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Say NO to tribalism
I wonder when i see people like you who fight for their tribe and religion and speak against others tribe and religion.
Tomorrow you will be the first to shout RACISM when a white man does so against a black.
Why wont the white look down on us when we cant be our brother's keeper.
It is folly to fight for a religion, tribe or race. These are things we didnt choose on our own accord. We only came to the world and found ourselves as Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Efik, Igala, Ibibio, Annang, Bikwara, Yala, Tiv, Idoma,....

If you have thought of it that you could have been an Igbo, you wouldn't come here to spew trash concerning other tribes.

If you are moved by these words please try put these to a halt, else continue and see where it leads you, see how much it credits to your account.

I hate these fights between Igbo & Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo. It irks me so much. Let's put it to a halt!

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM/RACISM

118 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by tollytexy(m): 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
oyefeel:

Na them themmmm...

Say it and let the devil be ashamed.. lol

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
These people never learn. Big wonder dechandel has little pity for them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by SpotlezDonald25(m): 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
grin
Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by dridowu: 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
They should be grateful this happen in Australia not Asia, if not it is R.I.P in advance

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by lwise(m): 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
Flat headers disgracing Nigeria since 1960.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by ArikeAriyo(f): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hmmmmm embarassed
Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by bossanmayor(m): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
Fp k
Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by agarawu23(m): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by Israel5(m): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nna mehn, see troubul o. Because my brodas want to hustle kwanu, that is all? Chai. #GOD bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by ednut1(m): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
names checkers don see food. bt anytime a yoruba uk scammer is caught d name checkers no dey show face. ps am Yoruba. say no to ethnic bashing. cos na una go say oyinbo racist when u hv crap like ijebu yoruba beefin Ilorin Yoruba. iranu abasha

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by ucheHapers(m): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
These people keep disgracing themselves not us....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by obinnajr(m): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
I JUST DEY COMPARE NAIRALAND WITH SAHARA REPORTERS........ WHO LIE PASS APC SELF ?

2 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by nnanyereugo(m): 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
Me likey
Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by Timoleon(m): 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
MMBM.....some ibo boys doing snitching as their job? Translators uh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
[size=14pt]The most hardworking tribe in nigeria doing what they know how to do best. After developing lagos and every other parts of Naija, they are going international to develop asia with their usual hard work. Biafra will be a criminal cell if it is realized just like Guatanamo bay. Igbos kwenu[/size]

55 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by Larryfest(m): 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
Money must be made at all cost...smh

2 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by lordsharks(m): 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
Y naija
Re: 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs by superior1: 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
The regular people doing their thing

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos / My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) / Nigerian Man Who Attempted To Rape A 62-year-old Worker In Italy Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.