Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

5 Nigerian Artistes In Desperate Need Of A Hit - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Nigerian Artistes In Desperate Need Of A Hit (479 Views)

Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun / 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Defy The Usual Lyrics Of Butts And Boobs / Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Nigerian Artistes In Desperate Need Of A Hit by bvibesblogger: 11:47am On Sep 04, 2015
In the Nigerian music industry, it’s common knowledge that to stay relevant, an artiste needs to churn out hits intermittently. As our market is a singles driven market, people tend to judge and forget any artiste who hasn’t had a song on everyone’s lips in as long as a year. So every artiste that must stay relevant needs to have at least on monster jam every year. Do this and you can trust that you will be getting your shows and endorsements. If you don’t do this then, I’m sorry.

Now to my hard task of listing 5 Artistes who are desperately in need of a hit.

5. Dammy Krane
Dammy krane is an artist who for the most part of his career he has been almost there. Everyone recognizes that he has talent but that’s pretty much it. He just seems that there’s something stopping him from being A-list. He has so many great songs but none of them has really hit the spot. Amin did quite well but as I said it didn’t hit that spot. Dammy Krane desperately needs a hit, not just a hit but a club hit, otherwise he can get ready to kiss his spot goodbye

4. 9ice

Definitely the most promising act of our time. Arguably the one of the closest Nigerians to winning a grammy with Gongo Aso and Street Credibility. Unfortunately, he seems to have gone on a downward spiral from there. He has released about 3 or so albums since then and nothing has seems to latch on for the super-talented artiste. He is in desperate need of a hit if he doesn’t want to make the history books his home.

3. Naeto C
Naeto C is another artist that had to make the list. Naeto C is a rapper who if not for Glo adverts we might not know was still an artist. I remember when I first heard Naeto C on ‘You Know My P’, I was like this guy is going to change the dynamics of Nigerian hip-hop. He had that rap style that only southern rappers had, the lokes of Ti and so on. So what happened? He used to be a hit machine. Always bringing a new slang, a new trend and all of a sudden, nothing. Kini Big Deal, 10 over 10, even when we were beginning to forget him, he gave us ‘Tony Montana’. I am however positive that he will be back after hearing his latest album and his feature on Leriq’s album but he needs to hasten his steps as even the Glo adverts will become history if not.

http://www.360nobs.com/2015/09/5-nigerian-artistes-in-desperate-need-of-a-hit/
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes In Desperate Need Of A Hit by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 04, 2015
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes In Desperate Need Of A Hit by themonk(m): 11:56am On Sep 04, 2015
if dbanj no dey this list, the list make sense
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes In Desperate Need Of A Hit by waleyp(m): 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
Dammy krane is not really special and am not really attracted to his songs. Maybe he needs a very good songs manager. He is lucky tho, 9ice lost his tastes thought he had arrived and he left coded tunes.his first album was his best and i love all the songs on it,naeto c came before mi ice prince vector yung6. But everything na turn by turn.if you a really lucky and talented even if you no drop a song a whole year people would still want to come to see you perform. Tuface dbanj for example. If you really work with right people your work go show
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes In Desperate Need Of A Hit by shotster50(m): 3:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
Copy and paste from Nobs na wa
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes In Desperate Need Of A Hit by Rick9(m): 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
Na Laziness dey worry all these Artistes.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes In Desperate Need Of A Hit by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hit song for sale .......
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes In Desperate Need Of A Hit by waleyp(m): 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2015
Why not do the hit song yourself and make it

(1) (Reply)

See Remi Aluko Site / Presenter Needed For A TV Show / Kuddi Salufu Samuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.