Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Delight Yourself In The Lord - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Delight Yourself In The Lord (335 Views)

It's Palm Sunday - Blessed Is He Who Comes In The Name Of The Lord / What Can I Say Unto The Lord All I Have To Say Is Thank You Lord / During Hajj A Muslim Became Christian. Praise The Lord! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Delight Yourself In The Lord by yommyuk: 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
The word delight means “to gain great pleasure, satisfaction, and happiness.” Wouldn’t you like those to be the words that describe your relationship with God—one where both you and He enjoy time spent in each other’s presence? If that sounds good to you, then I have great news. God also wants that kind of delightful friendship, which develops through commitment, trust, and patience.

First, a believer must commit his or her ways to God. This means that we invite the Lord to examine our desires and intentions—and change whatever does not fit His purpose or advance His plan for our life.

Second, a believer must trust God. Who is more worthy of our faith than the Father, who gave Jesus Christ to save wicked sinners? The One who would not spare His only Son will certainly provide all that His children need (Rom. 8:32).

Third, a believer must rest in God. When we fret about an issue or something that we consider necessary, we are neither committing ourselves to the Lord nor trusting in Him. Because our human viewpoint is extremely limited, waiting patiently rarely proves easy. God, however, has infinite wisdom and knows when circumstances and timing are perfectly aligned for His will to be done.

A growing relationship with the Lord is not rigid work, though it can be hard work. But the effort is a labour of love, because humans are designed to derive joy and fulfilment from being in God’s presence. The greatest pleasure we can experience in life is walking hand in hand with a Father who adores us.

Psalm 43:3-5
Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling! Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy, and I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God. Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.

Job 22:23-26
If you return to the Almighty you will be built up; if you remove injustice far from your tents, if you lay gold in the dust, and gold of Ophir among the stones of the torrent-bed, then the Almighty will be your gold and your precious silver. For then you will delight yourself in the Almighty and lift up your face to God.

Psalm 37:11
But the meek shall inherit the land and delight themselves in abundant peace.

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 6th Of September 2015 / Enduring Hardship / For Every One That Would Trust God Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.