Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,136 members, 7,780,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:59 AM

How Does God Talk to People? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does God Talk to People? (11994 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Some Things That Attract Demons To People / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does God Talk to People? by Oracle(m): 3:30am On Oct 27, 2005
well iv wondered how God talks to people
sometimes u hear people say God spoke
to me and said bla bla blah
so does this happen.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by hotangel2(f): 8:01am On Oct 27, 2005
Yes it happens. And he talks to you if you listen to him. You gat to be holy and be ready to let him speak.

1 Like

Re: How Does God Talk to People? by Oracle(m): 11:36pm On Oct 27, 2005
yeah i know it happens but how?
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by hotangel2(f): 3:02am On Oct 28, 2005
How? By talking.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by nana(f): 3:05am On Oct 28, 2005
i guess it is by vision undecided
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by Greatpeter(m): 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2005
God talks to people in many ways.

1) Through His word (the holy bible) - Logos.
2) Through revelation by the spirit of God- Rhema
3) Through dream.
4) Also trance is one of the ways.

Re: How Does God Talk to People? by IAH(f): 10:22am On Oct 31, 2005
Listen to the still, small voice.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by SirKay3(m): 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2005
Many ways.

@ IAH & Greatpeter

You're both right
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by Oracle(m): 1:56am On Nov 14, 2005
That means U have to be right
with GOD before he can speak to U.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by aloib(f): 8:50am On Nov 14, 2005
God talks to ppl in mysterious ways....... ways u can never expect. it doesnt mean u shuld be right or holy. God can even talk to u via a freind . so many ways. and its funny and amazing how he does it
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by joftech(m): 8:52pm On Nov 14, 2005
That means U have to be right
with GOD before he can speak to U.

It's does not matter if you are right or wrong with Him. He spoke to Saul(later Paul) when he was on his way to kill Christians.

But what i still don't understand is some Nigerian pastors say rubbish that any right thinking person must be able to deduce that they are speaking what they hear from their own thought(s) but still they will tell the nation the Lord said.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by bagoma(f): 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2005
Sometimes with an audible voice, like He spoke to samuel. ( its rare though)
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by star(f): 8:39am On Nov 15, 2005
inner self
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by goodguy(m): 9:40am On Nov 15, 2005
Greatpeter is absolutely right.

Anyways, I really don't think one has to be right or holy before God can speak to him. God is mysterious. He talks to people according to the ways they'll understand. He can talk to you using circumstances going on around you. He can talk to you by even punishing you.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by gentleone(f): 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2005
God's ways are not our ways. He has no definite pattern of talking to us.
As our faces are different so are our needs and so does God talk to us. He talks to us in so many ways, could be a still small voice or a loud&clear one or via dreams or in a trance/vision or through situations& circumstances or His own very sure Word! His ways are endless..............
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by prettyH(f): 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2005
In my opinion God speaks to pple in numerous ways- visions, still voice, through pple even dreams. But in my opinnion,it depends on ur relationship with God. When u av a good relationship with Him , it makes communication better and easier.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by allonym: 7:56pm On Nov 15, 2005
i'm sure God talks to many people who are not right with him too.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by goodguy(m): 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2005
meaning??
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by allonym: 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2005
meaning:

Mark - a man not right with God

God - "hi Mark"

Mark - "leave me alone God"

God - "I love you mark"

Mark - "Stop calling me, God"
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by goodguy(m): 8:20pm On Nov 15, 2005
ok..now I get you.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by larger20(m): 1:05am On Nov 18, 2005
Anytime ur concince is disturbed for ur sin..it is God..once u r rational and know what is right and wrong...when u do the bad one..it is GOd
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by otokx(m): 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2005
His word is one sure way.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by elbaron(m): 6:46pm On Nov 25, 2005
Oracle, if you talk to God, it is called Prayer. Now if God talks back to you, hmm, it is called Schizophrenia.

The El-Baron
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by Oracle(m): 5:37am On Dec 03, 2005
Schizo WHAT?
what the hell is that
what language is that.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by kismat: 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2005
Its a valid question and the answer is we humans have nothing to offer to God. He has created us and sent messengers to warn mankind not to be arrogant and forget why we are here on this earth.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by Oracle(m): 12:23am On Dec 07, 2005
@KISMAT
I guess ur right
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by RhodaRose(f): 9:36pm On Dec 07, 2005
God is Spirit and He talks to your spirit.

He sometimes talks through others, if your'e listening.

He talks through your inner self, if you're listening

He who has ears, hear what the Spirit is saying

RhodaRose
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by Jackie(f): 1:37am On Dec 10, 2005
He sure does talk to EVERYONE, everytime and in many ways just that some people have a better receptive altitude than others..... wink by this i mean if you are following after him, reading the bible and praying and believing him for mighty things, there is a tendency that u will hear him for every thing u are doing. cheesy Take for example somebody got on ur last nerves or told lies abt u and u're planning to curse da hell out of that person, and some small voice tells you not to do it, and the other voice is so strong and is saying Jackie you have to tell this person ur piece of mind, it's a slight on your personality , u can't let this happen to? and bla bla bla, Now for searching after GOD, you should know that the small voice telling u not to do it is From God, but for someone who really doesn't care abt God rolleyes rolleyes will act on the strong voice.

So it all depends on the person, and the level of rightousness. That not withhstanding God talks to everybody, thru different media. Just get more close to him and you will be able to distinguish his voice from all other voices.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by nicetohave(m): 5:06am On Dec 11, 2005
Jackie you just summed it up...the proof of the pudding is in the eating...you cannot hear God when there are so many other voices screaming in your head and in your life...start to prune them out and God's voice will get louder and louder, till you'll think he's literally shouting in your ears...then you wont have to ask,,,"how does God speak to men" because for one he's not dump and he speaks all the time.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by kismat: 12:33pm On Dec 12, 2005
He sure does talk to EVERYONE, everytime and in many ways just that some people have a better receptive altitude than others..... by this i mean if you are following after him, reading the bible and praying and believing him for mighty things, there is a tendency that u will hear him for every thing u are doing. Take for example somebody got on your last nerves or told lies about u and u're planning to curse da hell out of that person, and some small voice tells you not to do it, and the other voice is so strong and is saying Jackie you have to tell this person your piece of mind, it's a slight on your personality , u can't let this happen to? and bla bla bla, Now for searching after GOD, you should know that the small voice telling u not to do it is From God, but for someone who really doesn't care about God will act on the strong voice.

So it all depends on the person, and the level of rightousness. That not withhstanding God talks to everybody, through different media. Just get more close to him and you will be able to distinguish his voice from all other voices.

So was God speaking to Timothy McVeigh?
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by nicetohave(m): 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2005
We get easily sidelined by what people lay claim to...i know some claims are dubious and questionable but if we can establish that God do talk to us then it is really not of much importance to me if Mr X said God asked him to jump off the cliff as much as what God is telling me myself...let everyone be fully persuaded in himself, so what i will do is to leave Mr X alone and concentrate on what God is telling me.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by kismat: 1:09pm On Dec 12, 2005
"idiosyncratism" at its best form. How can you prove that whoever is talking to you is not Satan? What is wanted of you as a human being has been revelled by God through his messengers and can only be found via knowledge which guides you during your decision making process. If God is talking to you, then you dont need to go to School, get a degree, work hard. Just read the bible and let God guide you during your day to day activities. Try making a living by reading the bible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Erroneous Expectation Have Caused Many To Backslide / Download Nigeria Gospel Praise And Worship Instrumental (by Naijachristians) / No Superior Religion In Nigeria — CAN, NSCIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.