Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" (7180 Views)

2018/2019 UNILORIN ASPIRANTS / 2018/2019 Unilorin Aspirants Meets Here / Unilorin Aspirants 2017/2018 Official Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by baruzeez(m): 3:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hello incoming University of Ilorin 100 level students Most especially Medicine and Engineering students, let me start with a general saying that goes by " to be forewarned is to be forearmed".
it is highly unfortunate rather appalling that unilorin freshers most especially Remedial students posses what i call a "non-challant" behaviour towards their first year academics. even as a post-utmite you should have been hearing the slang "FACE TANKE", this is the slang that have killed the dreams and aspirations of many EX-unilorin students.
In the year 2013/2014, Roughly 9,000 students were admitted with about 3,000 students FACING TANKE, statistics also had it that Engineering freshers that had a JUST 2.0 as their crossing GP, 51% of them could not finally make it into engineering. in which most of them were students admitted through REMEDIAL. Likewise the just concluded 2014/2015 session out of 15,000 freshers, rumour has it that more than 45% did face tanke.
Now you as a future unilorin students can you afford to re-sit for jamb AGAIN!!!!!!!! after the MONEY and TIME you spent, please these are things you should think before resumption
my message to you basically is don't get carried away on gaining admission into the "better by far" university.
To those of you that you will be admitted CONGRATULATIONS. but don't forget "A Stitch In time Saves NINE"

NOTE: dont mind my writing skills # It was written on the move

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ok
Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by tenderlaw(m): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
Very good, and very true.
Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by pheeto23(m): 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
tell them!!!!
Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by baruzeez(m): 10:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
pheeto23:
tell them!!!!
My broda it is sad seeing students that have spent 2years (remedial+100l) facing tanke because they couldn't make 1.5 na
Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by leksbore(m): 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
pls guyz I don't understand this unilorin and their doctrines ooo
..this their 1.5 attitude will never give them the best school in Nigeria....d only reason y people.r sorting after them is Cox of their academic Calender....all other schools don't use that rubbish criterea they r using....even enugu state university that has better courses than unilorin uses 0.6 can u imagine that? now unilorin after they have stressed their student with usain bolt fast academic calenders now says if you can't make 1.5 in your first year it's back to square one....pls someone I need to know is it easy to get money to pay the school fees? and what about the dreams of those individuals? their time and everything they have spent just to secure that admission...even in university of Lagos...if you can't reach 1.5 you will be advised to go to departments like psychology.sociology or geography or any other social science department at the end of 200 level which is not compulsory and if u feel.u.can move on its left to you.
But what am saying is that unilorin needs to reconsider her rubbish doctrines and at students with 1 point could be moved to lesser departments not that you now send all.of them home like.that and start struggling for admission again ...
Guyz moat especially for the 2014 set..this unilorin.admitted over population and from the news.during their first semesters of life science students their lectures were nothing to write about and the fees they paid were too much for a federal university ....I just wish the NUC will come and interfere with Unilorin .
to me the judgment Unilorin on 1.5 or face tanke is totally wrong at least students on 1 point should be moved to social sciences department or education.....even the great OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY,NNAMDI AZIKWE UNIVERSITY, UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, ABU ZARIA, ...where great scholars have emerged are not using this doctrine ...for the betterment of life's and the progress of the nation..I feel.unilorin(probitas doctrinal) better by far should do something about the situation.
Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by leksbore(m): 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2015
baruzeez:
Hello incoming University of Ilorin 100 level students Most especially Medicine and Engineering students, let me start with a general saying that goes by " to be forewarned is to be forearmed".
it is highly unfortunate rather appalling that unilorin freshers most especially Remedial students posses what i call a "non-challant" behaviour towards their first year academics. even as a post-utmite you should have been hearing the slang "FACE TANKE", this is the slang that have killed the dreams and aspirations of many EX-unilorin students.
In the year 2013/2014, Roughly 9,000 students were admitted with about 3,000 students FACING TANKE, statistics also had it that Engineering freshers that had a JUST 2.0 as their crossing GP, 51% of them could not finally make it into engineering. in which most of them were students admitted through REMEDIAL. Likewise the just concluded 2014/2015 session out of 15,000 freshers, rumour has it that more than 45% did face tanke.
Now you as a future unilorin students can you afford to re-sit for jamb AGAIN!!!!!!!! after the MONEY and TIME you spent, please these are things you should think before resumption
my message to you basically is don't get carried away on gaining admission into the "better by far" university.
To those of you that you will be admitted CONGRATULATIONS. but don't forget "A Stitch In time Saves NINE"

NOTE: dont mind my writing skills # It was written on the move
imagine 15,000 100 level newly admitted students that is like x2 of the required admission which the school is surpose to issue out to new intakes and now this year Prof Ambali the university vice chancellor will only give out 7000 admissions.....its not fair...at least let them help this students that didn't reach 1.5 at least each departments should have its required crossing g.p.and the V.C of the school said they have space to accommodate more students, at least instead of that y don't they use it to help the ones inside.....I pray God intervene for the heads of those students.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by leksbore(m): 4:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
FOR INTER/INTRA FACULTY TRANSFER FOR
2015/2016 SESSION
The University of Lagos Management has approved
the sale of Inter/Intra Faculty Transfer Application
Forms for 2015/2016 Academic Session with effect
from Monday, November 2, 2015.
Students are advised to ensure their eligibility and
strictly adhere to the procedure.
Please note that the process of transfer will close on
Friday, January 8, 2016.
BELOW IS THE ELIGIBILITY FOR TRANSFER:
Candidate for transfer must satisfy the following
conditions:
i. Must present their results showing their current
CGPA;
ii. Must have obtained a CGPA of not less than 1.00;
iii. Must possess the pre-requisite ORDINARY/
ADVANCED level subjects for admission into the
intended programme; and
iv. Must have successfully completed minimum of
200 level by the end of 2014/2015 academic session.
PROCEDURES
1. Candidates must read the guidelines to ensure he/
she qualifies for transfer before obtaining the form.
2. Qualified candidate should visit the University
website and obtain a reference number.
3. The candidate will take the reference number to
the bank (as indicated above in No. 2) to pay the sum
of Ten thousand, one hundred and fifty naira
(N10, 150:00) into any bank via Remittal Platform.
4. Candidate must re-visit the University website to
print the Inter/Intra Faculty Form.
5. Candidates are to return the completed forms
(duly signed by the current H.O.D. and Dean, as well
as the proposed H.O.D. and Dean) on or before
Friday, January 8, 2016, to Academic Affairs, 6th
Floor, Senate House, UNILAG.
6. Candidates are to attach their O’Level/A’Level
statement of result.
PERMISSIBLE AREAS OF TRANSFER
No
FROM
TO
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE, FACULTY OF PHARMACY
Faculty of Science, Faculty of Education (Science &
Tech, Health Education and Human Kinetics) and
Faculty of Social Science (Department of Psychology)
FACULTY OF LAW
Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Education (Arts & Social
Science, Educational Foundation and Educational
Administration)
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
Faculty of Business Administration (Actuarial Science)
, Faculty of Science and Faculty of Education (Science
& Technology)
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Faculty of Social Science (Department of Psychology),
Faculty of Education (Science & Technology), Faculty
of Science
FACULTY OF ARTS
Faculty of Education (Arts & Social Science)
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, FACULTY OF
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Administration)
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
Technology)
Back to news page |posted on 04, Nov 2015

God bless university of Lagos for things like this ,,,,things like this don't exist in unilorin and they call themselves better by far,how r they better? wonder how they got the best university in 2013, just wish people will open their eyes n see that the senate of unilorin r just after the money of innocent citizens of this great nation Nigeria....God will catch you unilorin,don't worry you are on your way to become Babylon ( Iraq) of this generation.
Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by baruzeez(m): 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
leksbore:
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
FOR INTER/INTRA FACULTY TRANSFER FOR
2015/2016 SESSION
The University of Lagos Management has approved
the sale of Inter/Intra Faculty Transfer Application
Forms for 2015/2016 Academic Session with effect
from Monday, November 2, 2015.
Students are advised to ensure their eligibility and
strictly adhere to the procedure.
Please note that the process of transfer will close on
Friday, January 8, 2016.
BELOW IS THE ELIGIBILITY FOR TRANSFER:
Candidate for transfer must satisfy the following
conditions:
i. Must present their results showing their current
CGPA;
ii. Must have obtained a CGPA of not less than 1.00;
iii. Must possess the pre-requisite ORDINARY/
ADVANCED level subjects for admission into the
intended programme; and
iv. Must have successfully completed minimum of
200 level by the end of 2014/2015 academic session.
PROCEDURES
1. Candidates must read the guidelines to ensure he/
she qualifies for transfer before obtaining the form.
2. Qualified candidate should visit the University
website and obtain a reference number.
3. The candidate will take the reference number to
the bank (as indicated above in No. 2) to pay the sum
of Ten thousand, one hundred and fifty naira
(N10, 150:00) into any bank via Remittal Platform.
4. Candidate must re-visit the University website to
print the Inter/Intra Faculty Form.
5. Candidates are to return the completed forms
(duly signed by the current H.O.D. and Dean, as well
as the proposed H.O.D. and Dean) on or before
Friday, January 8, 2016, to Academic Affairs, 6th
Floor, Senate House, UNILAG.
6. Candidates are to attach their O’Level/A’Level
statement of result.
PERMISSIBLE AREAS OF TRANSFER
No
FROM
TO
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE, FACULTY OF PHARMACY
Tech, Health Education and Human Kinetics) and
Faculty of Social Science (Department of Psychology)
FACULTY OF LAW
Administration)
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
, Faculty of Science and Faculty of Education (Science
& Technology)
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Faculty of Social Science (Department of Psychology),
Faculty of Education (Science & Technology), Faculty
of Science
FACULTY OF ARTS
Faculty of Education (Arts & Social Science)
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, FACULTY OF
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Administration)
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
Technology)
Back to news page |posted on 04, Nov 2015

God bless university of Lagos for things like this ,,,,things like this don't exist in unilorin and they call themselves better by far,how r they better? wonder how they got the best university in 2013, just wish people will open their eyes n see that the senate of unilorin r just after the money of innocent citizens of this great nation Nigeria....God will catch you unilorin,don't worry you are on your way to become Babylon ( Iraq) of this generation.
bros read very well the minimum CGPA was set to 1.0 here while in unilorin it is 1.5 so its still like the same thing na
its just that the figures is way too high in unilorin
Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by baruzeez(m): 6:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
leksbore:
pls guyz I don't understand this unilorin and their doctrines ooo
..this their 1.5 attitude will never give them the best school in Nigeria....d only reason y people.r sorting after them is Cox of their academic Calender....all other schools don't use that rubbish criterea they r using....even enugu state university that has better courses than unilorin uses 0.6 can u imagine that? now unilorin after they have stressed their student with usain bolt fast academic calenders now says if you can't make 1.5 in your first year it's back to square one....pls someone I need to know is it easy to get money to pay the school fees? and what about the dreams of those individuals? their time and everything they have spent just to secure that admission...even in university of Lagos...if you can't reach 1.5 you will be advised to go to departments like psychology.sociology or geography or any other social science department at the end of 200 level which is not compulsory and if u feel.u.can move on its left to you.
But what am saying is that unilorin needs to reconsider her rubbish doctrines and at students with 1 point could be moved to lesser departments not that you now send all.of them home like.that and start struggling for admission again ...
Guyz moat especially for the 2014 set..this unilorin.admitted over population and from the news.during their first semesters of life science students their lectures were nothing to write about and the fees they paid were too much for a federal university ....I just wish the NUC will come and interfere with Unilorin .
to me the judgment Unilorin on 1.5 or face tanke is totally wrong at least students on 1 point should be moved to social sciences department or education.....even the great OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY,NNAMDI AZIKWE UNIVERSITY, UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, ABU ZARIA, ...where great scholars have emerged are not using this doctrine ...for the betterment of life's and the progress of the nation..I feel.unilorin(probitas doctrinal) better by far should do something about the situation.
bros i cant lie to you it is a very wise decision.
lets look at it from anoda angle imagine a student getting 1.4 cgpa in his/her first year. my broda the probability that he/she will graduate with second class lower is very low. for God sake 100 level is like a little bit advanced level of ya secondary na, when you guys get admission u get carried away and u feel like thats the end of the journey, now you are here complaining 1.5cgpa in Year 1 is too high habaaaaa.
University is not a play ground ooo my broda, the journey of ya life starts dere.
Lyk a mentor of mine always tell me
THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR FAILURE, MAY WE NOT FAIL OOO
HEAVEN HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES
Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by leksbore(m): 6:29pm On Nov 04, 2015
baruzeez:
bros i cant lie to you it is a very wise decision.
lets look at it from anoda angle imagine a student getting 1.4 cgpa in his/her first year. my broda the probability that he/she will graduate with second class lower is very low. for God sake 100 level is like a little bit advanced level of ya secondary na, when you guys get admission u get carried away and u feel like thats the end of the journey, now you are here complaining 1.5cgpa in Year 1 is too high habaaaaa.
University is not a play ground ooo my broda, the journey of ya life starts dere.
Lyk a mentor of mine always tell me
THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR FAILURE, MAY WE NOT FAIL OOO
HEAVEN HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES
bros I know what you saying but pls try and get my point, bros not everybody is a scholar ooo and our brains r different from each other, how many first class r in your department that graduated? those r people that did d complete 4years,not many I guess ,is it that they r not brilliant or what? n even 2.2 n even third class itself.
Bros y u talking like this,so u saying the people that didn't reach 1.5 didn't read abi or they were playing while their mates where reading abi? you need to have attended the class and see how they were taught but bros I agree with you that for a 100 level students not to reach 1.5 is bad at the end of 1st year but common we are all not the same in terms of understanding things been taught to us ,my point is that people that didn't reach the required CgPa should be moved to a lesser department that's what am saying.
Heaven help those who help themselves yes but when it comes to CBT exam in unilorin Oga park well ooo,,those guys did manipulation ,I saw the result and I can tell you that they graded it according to the results of the first 2 papers released of the individual ( let say u had D in ur first and second paper that would be what you would get throughout all ur result) if its a lie try and do a little research on it.....
Unilorin nah theif and business center
Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by leksbore(m): 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2015
baruzeez:
bros read very well the minimum CGPA was set to 1.0 here while in unilorin it is 1.5 so its still like the same thing na
its just that the figures is way too high in unilorin

bros its not the same thing too,,its very different ooo,,,Cgpa is 1.0 and unilorin is 1.5 ooo and even if u r on 1 point at the end of year one you r in good standing and at the end of ur 200 level u will be advised to go to another department and if u can still maintain ur 1 point 1till final year you would be granted pass at the end of the day but unilorin is at the end of year one no1.5 it means u r going home,what unilorin ought to do is that they should run their own departmental test after post utme so as to fish out the students who won't be able to cope with their academic standard ,that would be nice and it Will help in solving the problem of crossing and in that way they will know that the students they admitted are capable of reaching 1.5 at the end of their 100 level session
Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by baruzeez(m): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
leksbore:
bros I know what you saying but pls try and get my point, bros not everybody is a scholar ooo and our brains r different from each other, how many first class r in your department that graduated? those r people that did d complete 4years,not many I guess ,is it that they r not brilliant or what? n even 2.2 n even third class itself.
Bros y u talking like this,so u saying the people that didn't reach 1.5 didn't read abi or they were playing while their mates where reading abi? you need to have attended the class and see how they were taught but bros I agree with you that for a 100 level students not to reach 1.5 is bad at the end of 1st year but common we are all not the same in terms of understanding things been taught to us ,my point is that people that didn't reach the required CgPa should be moved to a lesser department that's what am saying.
Heaven help those who help themselves yes but when it comes to CBT exam in unilorin Oga park well ooo,,those guys did manipulation ,I saw the result and I can tell you that they graded it according to the results of the first 2 papers released of the individual ( let say u had D in ur first and second paper that would be what you would get throughout all ur result) if its a lie try and do a little research on it.....
Unilorin nah theif and business center
lolest lol, well i kinda agree with you, but why is every unilorin student vexing dis days na
i agree our school is using it as an avenue to make money, at least God don catch dem now dem no fit admit reach 13k again make we dey see as dem wan chase ppl go tanke again
but bro imagine a student of the faculty of education that could not make 1.5, you said we are all not the same in terms of understanding but different level of education has its own requirements, My broda University is not by force oooo, why should you spend your papa and mama money for four years and graduate with a Pass. just look at it from that angle im referring you to 1.4 in 100 level my broda is f**king bad, sending u back home gives u anoda chance to start again and rethink what you want in your life.
My broda my friends that were chased from engineering while some out of the school back then in 2013 are now happy where they are, at least its better than spending 5 years+1 year remedial and achieving nothing .
Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by baruzeez(m): 6:45pm On Nov 04, 2015
leksbore:

bros its not the same thing too,,its very different ooo,,,Cgpa is 1.0 and unilorin is 1.5 ooo and even if u r on 1 point at the end of year one you r in good standing and at the end of ur 200 level u will be advised to go to another department and if u can still maintain ur 1 point 1till final year you would be granted pass at the end of the day but unilorin is at the end of year one no1.5 it means u r going home,what unilorin ought to do is that they should run their own departmental test after post utme so as to fish out the students who won't be able to cope with their academic standard ,that would be nice and it Will help in solving the problem of crossing and in that way they will know that the students they admitted are capable of reaching 1.5 at the end of their 100 level session
that's what the school is doing now guy you sef no G.P no dey really rise for unilorin oo, actually the idea is more God than Harm
Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by leksbore(m): 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2015
baruzeez:
lolest lol, well i kinda agree with you, but why is every unilorin student vexing dis days na
i agree our school is using it as an avenue to make money, at least God don catch dem now dem no fit admit reach 13k again make we dey see as dem wan chase ppl go tanke again
but bro imagine a student of the faculty of education that could not make 1.5, you said we are all not the same in terms of understanding but different level of education has its own requirements, My broda University is not by force oooo, why should you spend your papa and mama money for four years and graduate with a Pass. just look at it from that angle im referring you to 1.4 in 100 level my broda is f**king bad, sending u back home gives u anoda chance to start again and rethink what you want in your life.
My broda my friends that were chased from engineering while some out of the school back then in 2013 are now happy where they are, at least its better than spending 5 years+1 year remedial and achieving nothing .
bros I agree with you with you said but if the nation is a good all this sending back home won't be a problem ,see our country no good and to squire admission no easy at all ,,as for people that finished with pass or third class its their own palava after all they will do post graduate and masters and that covers all their bad results in the university for u to know that Nigeria university system is bad ,look at wole Soyinka the great man of literature he finished with a third class could u guess his cgpa at the end of his 100 level it would be nothing to write home about.
My broda for people to have acquired 1.2-4 no be small thing for that kind unilorin ooo ,,,if they were to be in other schools dem cgpa go gara gan ooo and now you say go back home and start again,,,,,how many of unilorin graduate ave you seen that is making head way in the society since the induction of this 1.5 I can say it anywhere unilorin graduates r half baked graduates they can't compete among their pairs in unilag not to talk of OAU n U.I,,,,my broda the bottom line is unilorin is not helping Nigeria education system.
Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by baruzeez(m): 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
leksbore:
bros I agree with you with you said but if the nation is a good all this sending back home won't be a problem ,see our country no good and to squire admission no easy at all ,,as for people that finished with pass or third class its their own palava after all they will do post graduate and masters and that covers all their bad results in the university for u to know that Nigeria university system is bad ,look at wole Soyinka the great man of literature he finished with a third class could u guess his cgpa at the end of his 100 level it would be nothing to write home about.
My broda for people to have acquired 1.2-4 no be small thing for that kind unilorin ooo ,,,if they were to be in other schools dem cgpa go gara gan ooo and now you say go back home and start again,,,,,how many of unilorin graduate ave you seen that is making head way in the society since the induction of this 1.5 I can say it anywhere unilorin graduates r half baked graduates they can't compete among their pairs in unilag not to talk of OAU n U.I,,,,my broda the bottom line is unilorin is not helping Nigeria education system.
oga no vex me ooooo
if u dey vex no mean say u go dey talk say unilorin graduates be half baked oooooo
if unilorin Graduates are definition of half baked graduates. then there are no fully baked graduates in Nigeria.
and besides google it wole soyinka graduated with seccond class upper o
Peace
Re: Unilorin Aspirants " Facing Tanke Is Real" by leksbore(m): 7:19pm On Nov 04, 2015
baruzeez:
oga no vex me ooooo
if u dey vex no mean say u go dey talk say unilorin graduates be half baked oooooo
if unilorin Graduates are definition of half baked graduates. then there are no fully baked graduates in Nigeria.
and besides google it wole soyinka graduated with seccond class upper o
Peace
oga vex if u wan vex oo nah u sabi oo..d truth is alwayz bitter,unilorin graduates r half baked students that cant fight for their rights,security officers can collect ur id card for wat? tanke cab men can get u rusticated? u dare not challenge ur lecturer ,no student union? oga u need to visit oau,unilag n u.i n see for yourself n bout wole i will check for myself. not even wole so many people thst didnt finish well in school.r doing great after school ....oga no allow unilorin spirit kill better thing for your life .....unilorin is a school.that needs to consider the lifes of nigerians...they can never be a PACE SETTER with their academic doctrine

(1) (Reply)

You Wanna Know That Babe's Age - Do This! / Onni Of Ife Annual Southwest Final Year Student Business Idea Competition / Unilorin 2016/2017 Screening Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.