Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,550 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:49 PM

Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses (59007 Views)

"APC May Lose Kaduna In 2019" – Senator Shehu Sani / Serious Hunger, Poverty Killing Nigerians – APC Senator, Shehu Sani / Governors Have Refused To Declare Their Assets, Says Bureau Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2015
The senator representing Kaduna Central Senatorial District, Shehu Sani, on Friday publicly declared his assets, saying he currently has a total of N22 million in three bank accounts.

The senator, who was an activist before delving into politics, also said in a statement that he owns two residential houses in Kaduna, two houses under lease in Kaduna, two uncompleted office apartments in Kaduna, one residential house in Abuja, one family inherited house in Kurfi, Katsina State, and one family inherited house in Minna, Niger State.

He also said he owns several vehicles, and bought N5million worth of shares in 2007 but which crashed in 2008.

He said he authored over 30 books published in Nigeria, United States and United Kingdom with royalties and publishes a community journal ‘Peace Magazine’.

Mr. Sani, who is married to two wives and has six children, said he decided to declare his assets in line with the moral example set by President Muhammadu Buhari and his deputy, Yemi Osinbajo, both of who declared their assets on Thursday.
He said, “In line with moral example set by President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Osinbajo, and in conformity to the standard of transparent and exemplary leadership, and in submission to the public and popular demand for integrity test to all public office holders, in a new Nigeria on a filtration process for a politically cleaner and decent future, I have decided to voluntarily make this public declaration.

“President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Osinbajo public declaration of their assets is a moral challenge to all public holders. Their declaration challenges all men of conscience and docks all men who lay claim to self dignity and self worth.

“Their public declaration hangs a chain of guilt on the neck of all public office holders. To refuse to publicly declare assets is to continue to carry the burden of a moral thorn of guilt in a nation whose generation of leaders for so long stands in the dock of ethical court.”

Mr. Sani, a first time senator, however, said public declaration of assets does not make one a saint but that it avails the public the knowledge of his or her degree of sin.

He added that every public office holder carries with him a badge of suspicion and distrust until he proves his innocence or his degree of guilt.
“There are no saints and angels in politics, but the citizenry deserve to know the moral truth behind the facade of uprightness,” he said.

“A clean broom is needed to clean a dirty space. I chose to publicly declare and be pelted than to walk with the stain of suspicion and mistrust splashed on all public office holders by a generation of curious citizenry.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/189526-kaduna-senator-shehu-sani-declares-assets-says-he-is-worth-n22million-several-houses-vehicles.html

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ehen, I knew it!
Season of assets declaration will now start...and of course the lies will spread!

Anyway, let me declare mine too for posterity sake...

£50million in Societe Generalé Bank. (still trying to locate it)
An innjoo Note Pro with small Pin charger.
A TOY house I got as gift as a child.
Several cars (I drove in my dream).
7 plots of land at Nairaland Estate. ( No. 1 Politics Road, adjacent Romance avenue).
Another piece of land at LIB avenue. But am still trying to locate dat one.
150 lions.
And not forgetting...I also own a Gal Friend as liability!

Still subject to Nairaland verification!

519 Likes 54 Shares

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by idolda: 9:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
OK

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by mrvitalis(m): 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
Oya. .. . senators follow the same line
Am really interested to hear some senators worth

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by donholy28(m): 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
They all lie in their asset declaration..buhari goes from 150 cows to 270...ishhh OK...for those of u screaming procreation... if his cows dey deliver extra 120 in 6 months...by now he 4 don reach 1000 cows
ayinba1:

Biology, anyone?
It is livestock people, it increases!!!!!!!
Lord have mercy!
Some of you people need beta blockers!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
Present the CCB documents when you're ready to declare your assets to the public, this oral declaration is for the gullible. Not me!

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by bettercreature(m): 9:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
Editor1:
Ehen, I knew it!
Season of assets declaration will now start...and of course the lies will spread!

Anyway, let me declare mine too for posterity sake...

£50million in Societe Generalé Bank. (still trying to locate it)
An innjoo Note Pro with small Pin charger.
A TOY house I got as gift as a child.
Several cars (I drove in my dream).
7 plots of land at Nairaland Estate. ( No. 1 Politics Road, adjacent Romance avenue).
Another piece of land at LIB avenue. But am still trying to locate dat one.
150 lions.
And not forgetting...I also own a Gal Friend as liability!

Still subject to Nairaland verification!

You need sense implant,they can not lie its not possible unless they want to loose other properties because the next government will use this asset to probe them so they will probably loose any other assets they acquire after this one

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
This is a plausible move. I wish other elected officials could follow suit and stop playing to the gallery.

It will be interesting to know the worth of peeps like saraki, fayose, rochas et Al. This are what good leaders do in saner climes.

Nigeria shall be great again!

11 Likes

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by osaslord500(m): 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
Everybody just declaring assets, na wa oo
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by DrayZee: 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
Tiff don show!!!

1 Like

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by adesegun121(m): 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ok
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
Rubbish, very soon I'll declare my own. Nobody should forget that I'm part owner of Microsoft. Bill Gates is just the corp. face

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by Dottore: 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
Season of lies. Chai

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by shizzy7(f): 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
I Am Ready To Declare My Assets,,
I Have
*3 Lipstick
*2 Brown powder
*5 Bags
*11 Gowns
*13 jeans trousers
*4 Shoes
*1 Phone
*1 PC
*Waec certificate
AND
*A dormant Account with Union Bank

I Need change

100 Likes

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
Cheap stunts.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by gurunlocker: 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
let the lying continue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by godoluwa(m): 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
me sef go soon declare my asset

1 Like

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by tiamiyukunle69(m): 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
Leading by good example

4 Likes

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2015
More like Buhari who declared only one house & a plot of land in Port Harcourt, but he claim he don't know the road leading to his plot of land in Port Harcourt.

Now this is my question, when did he get the 20 million naira to buy the APC presidential form

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2015
This is what happens when the leader is loyal.

Corrupt mind like Saraki will never stoop to declare his asset.

Meanwhile, I have declared my asset as well. Just waiting for the response from CCB, MUC, NOC, PIC, and OCN before making it known to the public.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by alaoeri: 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2015
Waiting for saraki's declaration.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by RichDad1(m): 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2015
Way to go.
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by Caseless: 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nice one.
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by godoluwa(m): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
bettercreature:
You need sense implant,they can not lie its not possible unless they want to loose other properties because the next government will use this asset to probe them so they will probably loose any other assets they acquire after this one
r u 4rm pluto?

11 Likes

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
Rogues

2 Likes

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by sademola: 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
Body language says a lot, Well done PMB!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by Caseless: 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
alaoeri:
Waiting for saraki's declaration.
He won't . He's against it.
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by Opiosko: 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
Poor church rat.
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by gidjah(m): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
..And The Beat Goes. ON......
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by yousee(m): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nigerians won't still believe...

1 Like

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by cana882(m): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
The guy try talk true sha unlike people wey dey count mud houses and untraceable/imaginary land..

I wan declare my assets...

1 accounts with nairaland

*clears throat.. dats all lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses by GodblessNig247(m): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
BUHARI THE PACE SETTER grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shooting At Douglas Owerri As Gunmen Try To Take Over Hausa Settlement / Awana Gaidam, Boko Haram Bomb Maker, Dies After Stepping On IED He Planted / Is This Tinubu's Pix Real? ***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.