Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Coffee Machine Wey Sabi Face - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Coffee Machine Wey Sabi Face (412 Views)

7 Best Coffee Grinders Of 2018 / Facebook Now Let You Order A Cup Of Coffee And Book Movie Tickets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coffee Machine Wey Sabi Face by ask4ebuka: 10:17am On Sep 05, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-grBncljyd9Q/VeqxF_vJrLI/AAAAAAAAI1k/W7spvaVCcwQ/w300-h190-c/connected-coffee-machine.jpg[/img]
[url]tekhinnovation.net[/url]

—If you smile, it brews you coffee. If you frown, it brews you stronger coffee.

The connected coffee machine I saw at Intel's booth here at IFA isn't a consumer product yet, but it very well could be. I love the idea. Using Intel's RealSense camera, facial recognition, a laptop, and a little "Internet of things" building block from a company called DigitalStrom, the setup can cache various people's faces, learn how they like their coffee, and brew it to fit.

Okay, okay, yeah, it needs to be connected to a coffee machine with the appropriate options, but work with me here. I walked up to Intel's laptop, smiled, and got a cup of espresso. But as a DigitalStrom demo person explained to me, what the laptop does with the data is up to the laptop. For instance, it could brew different cups based on different expressions (your glassy stare gets you a red-eye) or brew different cups based on different faces (I get two sugars; my wife gets none.)

Source: http://tekhinnovation.net
Re: Coffee Machine Wey Sabi Face by eme1n(m): 10:31am On Sep 05, 2015
Waste of Nigerian space..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

New Hit Single From Eunice / Travel Technology Solutions / Oracle Identity Manager Instructor Led Online Training | Specto Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.