Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States (10036 Views)

2 Indian Doctors Arguing During Operation, Video Goes Viral / 'Taking Fanta, Sprite With Vitamin C Is Poisonous' - Court Orders NAFDAC To Warn / Man Who Produces Fake Peak Milk In Calabar Arrested By NAFDAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by Obinoscopy(m): 10:21am On Sep 05, 2015
•As the Agency raids shops for unregistered products

National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC and mobile Police men attached to its enforcement directorate were yesterday attacked by traders and touts in Lagos and Ogun States.

The attacked enforcement teams were said to be on a nationwide raid for fake and unregistered products in major markets in the states when the traders and touts swooped on them, seized some of the products already evacuated by the teams and beat up one of the Agency’s staff identified as Miss Evelyn.

According to an eye witness, the exercise which was almost successful turned rowdy when the members of the Union at markets trooped out in their hundreds with the help of ‘area boys’ prevented the enforcement team from evacuating the offending MOI Vegetable oil and other products seized from the market.

From Mile 12, to Ikorodu, Sango Otta, Alaba-arago in Ojo, Boundary market in Ajegunle, Suru Alaba and Oke-arin markets, there were pockets of attack on the officials despite the presence of armed mobile police men attached to the teams.

At the Ikorodu market where four shops were sealed, 438 gallons of fake vegetable oil valued at N6, 576,000, and two traders arrested, the officials narrowly escaped mob attack as the traders resorted to carrying all forms of weapons for a free- for- all -fight.

At Sango market in Ogun State, where NAFDAC officials were assaulted by the market Union members, six shops were sealed and one of the staff of the Agency by name Evelyn was beaten up.

At Alabarago Market in Ojo LGA where the team forced open a warehouse stock with fake products and owners absconded on the sight of NAFDAC’s official, one of the Mobile Police men attached to the team was attacked and almost lost his gun to the mob.

Briefing journalists shortly after the raids, at Boundary market in Ajegunle area of Lagos, NAFDAC’s Chief Regulatory Officer, Enforcement, Mr. Joseph Folorunsho Idowu, regretted that the exercise was marred by pockets of violence saying, “the Agency stormed the markets following intelligence report over indiscriminate circulation of unregistered vegetable oil in the Nigerian markets.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/nafdac-officials-attacked-in-lagos-ogun-states/#sthash.l8WUk9Xz.dpuf
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by SupremeNG: 10:27am On Sep 05, 2015
Naij no easy
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by adesegun121(m): 3:13pm On Sep 05, 2015
9ja... Why??
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by Fernandowski(m): 3:13pm On Sep 05, 2015
I trust my igbo brothers

We can't just sit and watch this people spoil business for us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by HonChidon(m): 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
Very good
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by veekid(m): 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
work hazard

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by wunmi590(m): 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
Am not in support of what the tout did, but truth must be told, this people need not only visit market, they should also fish out the big men and women, whom some are politicians doing this dirty jobs.

Let's start from the top down and see how far we can go.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by adesegun121(m): 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
SupremeNG:
Naij no easy

naij ko.. Nairaland ni..
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by kennyman2000(m): 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
Hmmm.. People dey vex.. Make Nafdac take heart. Shit happens..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband.
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by Coolomotola(f): 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
Hmmm. Let them do their work without bias. Maybe all these will stop. But no,they prefer to collect bribes.
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by superior1: 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2015
Occupational hazard, I hope they are well equipped and insured
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by laurel03(m): 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2015
Make dem dey go wt Sojo or Mopol....
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by chesterlee(m): 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2015
Lagos and Touts....*Spits*

Ambo should look into this...Bloody Omoniles"
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by maxiuc(m): 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
Dora Akunyili will be turning in her grave now
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by Aminat508(f): 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by shegzyblaq(m): 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
Kai I hope they are paid well sha STC

Sixteenth to commenth
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by HonChidon(m): 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
Very good
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by izchuddy: 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
undecidedOdimma
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by bamidele029: 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
Wicked , evil traders that want to kill people with fake products. Yet they will say they love a God when they don't love their fellow humans. The police should return in full force and arrest them all angry

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by destinysaid(m): 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
if these same traders kids die of fake products now na devil dem go blame o......... iranu

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by HerexG(m): 3:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
The traders would be like " Nafdac can't stop our hustle " !

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by boman2014: 3:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
very bad
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by nwannaeto: 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
Fernandowski:
I trust my igbo brothers

u no get sense.na only igbo people dey sell veg oil.the area boys also are your igbo brothers.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by Kaybee14(m): 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
It is well.
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by RickyTan: 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
Fernandowski:
I trust my igbo brothers

You have started attacking Igbo as usual. You want to derail this thread?

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2015
ah ah, i still wonder how an armed policeman will get attacked by a mob, lyk seriously? but they can shoot at danfo driver for 20naira but cant shoot their way through angry mob. how dumb.
Re: NAFDAC Officials Attacked During Operation In Lagos, Ogun States by ruggedboy01: 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2015
Fernandowski:
I trust my igbo brothers

u looking for e-war abi

Cc genbloodykiller

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Natural Ways You Can Treat Eczema / Keloids; What Do I Do? / COVID-19: Kaduna Discharges 210 Returned Almajirai After 2-Week Quarantine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.